Dark Streets | HAECHAN

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT's Lee Haechan There were two rules: 1. Never wander the dark streets alone at night. 2. If you see a... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Special Chapter
Sequel - Ashes
New Book: Guardian
Masterlist

Epilogue

16.2K 667 268
By lost_in_neocity

Ayeon felt the wind blow and adjusted the leather jacket she was wearing. She was waiting outside a strip club for Donghyuck, Jeno, Mark, and Renjun to finish up their deal.

"What's taking so long?" Ayeon asked, checking the time on her watch. They had been in there for fifteen minutes.

"Maybe someone's putting on a show." Jaemin said, wiggling his eyebrows, earning looks of disgust from Chenle and Jisung.

The thought of her boyfriend watching a stripper made Ayeon feel extremely uncomfortable so she decided to give the blue haired male a light punch in the arm.

"Don't ever suggest that again." Ayeon said, making Jaemin laugh just as the four remaining gang members exited the back door of the strip club.

"I really don't understand why they always have to hide a bill in their bra. Why can't they just give us the money and let us go?" Renjun complained as Donghyuck looked at Ayeon, a smile spreading on his face.

Ayeon didn't return the favour, crossing her arms instead. "You took too long."

"Not my fault." Donghyuck said, with a shrug. He gave Ayeon a kiss on the temples, making her smile and she knew she couldn't stay mad.

"Can you two save it until you're alone." Jeno said, getting onto his motorcycle. Donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"Someone's in a bad mood." Donghyuck muttered before doing the same and soon, the eight of them were speeding down the roads of Neo City.

...

"C'mon, love. We need to go." Donghyuck said, shaking the girl that was barely awake beside him.

"Five more minutes." Ayeon mumbled into the pillow. She's too cute.

"Fine, but only five." Donghyuck said, giving in. He laid back down, staring at Ayeon.

Ayeon's shirt had rid up, exposing the edge of the tattoo on her ribs. Donghyuck reached out, running his thumb along the soft flesh.

"Stop, that tickles." Ayeon murmured, eyes still closed. Donghyuck chuckled, removing his hand and placing it under his head as he went back to staring at the girl.

Ayeon's eyes fluttered opened, staring back at Donghyuck.

"What happened to sleeping for five more minutes?" Donghyuck asked the girl.

"I just remembered why we need to get up." Ayeon said. Donghyuck chuckled, giving the girl a peck before the two of them got out of bed, getting ready for the day.

...

"I can't believe you're leaving already." Ayeon said as she linked arms with the elder girl, the boys getting the luggages from the back of Taeil's car.

"We've been back for a lot longer than we intended to. Plus, I'm getting sick of Renjun." Jiayi said, earning a glare from her younger brother.

The group was at the airport, dropping Jiayi and Winwin off for their flight back to China. Ayeon and Jiayi walked ahead while Donghyuck, Renjun, Taeil, and Winwin followed, both groups lost in their own conversations.

"When are you coming back?" Ayeon asked. Jiayi simply shrugged.

"When we feel like it." Jiayi responded before nudging Ayeon in the ribs. "Plus, it's not like you need me to convince Taeyong for anything, you're a Phoenix now."

Ayeon smiled as Jiayi motioned to the jacket that had now formed to Ayeon's body.

Soon they were waving goodbye as Jiayi and Winwin disappeared through the gates.

"Good riddance." Renjun said, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"You say that but I hear you calling them every night." Donghyuck said, making them all laugh as Renjun began chasing the male out of the airport.

"I can't believe you're dating Haechan." Taeil said, shaking his head. Ayeon shrugged.

"He has his good moments, this just isn't one of them." Ayeon said as the two began to follow them.

...

"Isn't this a little much?" Ayeon asked as she stepped out in the red dress. Donghyuck simply smiled as he he adjusted his red suit jacket, their two outfits matching.

"No, you look amazing." Donghyuck told her, standing up to take her hands. "You always do."

Ayeon felt her cheeks turn red and felt thankful when Mark opened the door, poking his head in. Donghyuck immediately let go of her hands.

"Hey, you two ready? You know how Taeyong gets when we're late." Mark asked.

"Yeah, we can head out now." Ayeon said, grabbing Donghyuck's arm.

"Alright, let's go." Mark said, smiling to himself as the couple walked behind him.

...

"Woah, Taeyong really rented out a club room for this?" Ayeon exclaimed as Mark parked along the road.

"Yup, it's a Phoenix tradition." Donghyuck said, helping Ayeon out of the car. "Too bad you're already an adult."

"Don't forget the gift!" Mark called out and Ayeon immediately turned to grab the gift bag from the backseat.

"So how does Jisung get in?" Ayeon asked as the two made their way to the back door, the VIP entrance of the club, skipping the huge line in the front.

"He just walks with the hyungs." Donghyuck told her. "Mark's been asked for ID more often than him."

"Can't help it if I look young." Mark said with a shrug as they approached the security guard.

After getting their name checked, they entered the club, where music was blasting, the dance floor full of people. The bouncer brought them to a large private room upstairs, red velvet curtains at the entrance.

"Happy birthday Chenle!" The three of them called out to the beaming boy sitting in the centre. Ayeon passed him the gift.

"Wow, noona, was is this? It's so big!" Chenle said, eyes wide as he stared at the large gift bag. Ayeon simply smiled.

"Open it and see." Ayeon said and the boy nodded his head, quickly opening it to reveal a pair of expensive black and gold basketball shoes. A bright smile appeared on his face.

"Oh my god, this is better than what Jisung gave!" Chenle exclaimed, earning a glare from his best friend.

"Ayeon picked them." Donghyuck said, his arm around the waist.

"Thank you!" Chenle said to the three of them just as Taeil and Yuta walked in. They moved to where Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin were sitting.

"You guys took a cab, right?" Mark asked the three.

"Yup." Jaemin replied and Mark passed his car keys to Renjun.

"Irresponsible." Renjun said, taking them in his hands as the slid into the booth.

"You guys don't drink?" Ayeon asked as Donghyuck began pouring alcohol for her, himself, and Mark.

"Jaemin and I don't because Jeno and Haechan drink enough for us." Renjun said as he sipped his glass of juice.

"We don't drink that much." Donghyuck said with an eyeroll as he sipped his drink.

"Last time we drank, after two bottles of soju, you slept like a baby in my bed." Ayeon said, making the boys laugh.

"Yah, who's side are you on?" Donghyuck said, giving the girl's hip a squeeze. Ayeon yelped and Renjun gave them a fake gag of disgust.

Soon, Ayeon found herself on the dance floor, her arms wrapped around Donghyuck's neck, bodies close together. Donghyuck leaned forward, whispering in her ear.

"Look, Jeno's dancing with a girl." Ayeon turned her head and sure enough, Jeno was happily dancing with a girl, a pretty one too.

"I think it's good. He deserves to find a good person, especially after what happened with his last relationship." Ayeon replied. Donghyuck couldn't help but nod in agreement.

"I think you helped him get over the fear or falling in love again." Donghyuck said to her. "Everything that happened for us to get here, it gave him hope."

"Aren't you a sappy one tonight?" Ayeon joked as she looked into her lovers eyes. Donghyuck smirked before giving her a peck on the lips.

"What can I say?" Donghyuck chuckled.

Ayeon rested her head on his chest and he wrapped her arms around her. "Tired?"

Ayeon nodded her head and Donghyuck dragged her off the dance floor, towards their private room where Renjun and Jaemin where seated together, having deep talks.

"Hey, we're going to head out." Donghyuck told the two boys.

"Want me to drive?" Renjun asked. Donghyuck shook his head.

"Nah, take Mark and the others later. We'll call a cab." Donghyuck said.

The two waved goodbye, wishing Chenle happy birthday one more time before heading out. Before they knew it, they were back in Ayeon's room, cuddling as they lied in her bed.

"You know, it's been a wild journey." Ayeon said as she propped herself up on Donghyuck's chest.

"Why do you say that?" Donghyuck asked, running his fingers through the girl's hair.

"Well I moved cities, was told to avoid dark streets because of a gang by my roommate, fell in a forbidden love with a member of said gang, learned that my roommate was part of the gang, and then ended up joining the gang." Ayeon rambled.

Donghyuck squeezed her cheeks. "Did I ever tell you how cute you are?"

"Yah, did you even hear what I said?" Ayeon asked. Donghyuck simply smiled.

"I love you."

"Just because you said I love you doesn't mean you're forg- wait you just said I love you." Ayeon said, shocked. Donghyuck nodded his head.

"Yes I did. Yoo Ayeon, I love you."

Ayeon felt her cheeks turn red and leaned forward to kiss her boyfriend's lips.

"Was it too soon?" Donghyuck asked, eyes filled with worry. Ayeon shook her head.

"No it's not, Lee Donghyuck, because I love you too."

———————————————————————————

The End

Yeah sooooo... the book is done :)

I LITERALLY CANNOT BELIEVE HOW WELL THIS BOOK IS DOING LIKE 2K+ READS BEFORE I EVEN FINISHED... LIKE WHAT???

Thank you so much readers, author-nim loves you all so much ❤️

Edit: THE SEQUEL IS UP, IT'S TITLED ASHES AND FEATURING LEE JENOOOO

GO CHECK IT OUTTTT

And for my next book.... which actually took me a whole to figure out but i finally decided....

YUTA!!!!

But...

It might take a while for this one to come out (like a few more days to a week cuz school sucks) BUT PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 2.9K 55
||A hex contains different effects, were you affected by one?|| -o- MARKHYUCK -o- FANTASY/FORCED MARRIAGE AU - everything in this fanfiction is just...
92K 2.5K 42
"Why are you making me feel this way?" "Feel what way?" "Huh..." Y/N had a sweet and generous personality, but she changed after she lost the one she...
171K 6.1K 52
❝ wow jisung. you clearly didn't torment her enough...they're usually a little more...terrified ❞ ↳ wha...
170K 8.5K 34
⌨ nct lee haechan gamer/fluff fanfiction ❝ you are my precious sanctuary that no one in the entire universe can replace ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: septemb...