Bubbling over (Editing)

By bangtan_crackhouse

Kim Taehyung is a young man who desperately wants to save his laundromat. Y/N is a lawyer with a dark past... More

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 (Finale)
Ending Note

15

76 5 0
By bangtan_crackhouse

"Wife, I'm home!" I yell, closing the door to Seolhee and I's shared apartment. I take my shoes off and drop my bag at the entrance. I slide on my house slippers and make my way to the kitchen with a bag full of pasta takeout. I sit the food on the kitchen's island and walk over to the cabinets to get a glass. As I am getting water from the dispenser attached to my fridge I hear footsteps coming from the staircase. When I'm done getting water I sit down at our kitchen island. I start to unwrap the food and throw the bag to the side.

It's crazy how we almost never eat in the dining room that was meant for eating food.

A few moments later, Seolhee appears and sits beside me. She has various hues of paint splotches all over her navy blue shirt.

Looks like she's been painting today.

"How was your day? I hope you're not still hung up on that case, even though that was a real doozy." She says to me while leaning her elbows on the island.

"It was actually pretty good. I finally have my phone." I answer.

"How did that happen?"

"Taehyung returned it to me at lunch." She covers her mouth with her eyebrows raised.

"Oh my god, that's so sweet!"

"Yeah, I know. How was yours?"

"Good, I spent the day with Hoseok since it was my off day. When I got home I painted a little."

"I can see that the canvas is on you." I laugh pointing at her shirt.

"Let's just say that I was becoming one with my art." We both laugh at her statement and start to eat.

After dinner, I shower and walk into my room. I close the door and jump on my bed. I take out my phone and check my messages.

*Wife*

A day ago

*Namjoon*

An hour ago.

I already know what Seol wanted, she gave me a rant when I got home yesterday. I open up Namjoon's messages.

*Namjoon*

-Are you ok?

Why would he ask that? What if.....

I scroll up and read our messages.

What the hell Taehyung? Now Namjoon's going to get the wrong impression of me!

I scroll down. My eyes almost roll onto the floor.

BOYFRIEND??? He knows very well we aren't like that. Why would he even reply?

I quickly call Namjoon.

"Hello," He says.

He sounds so sexy over the phone.

"Hi, Namjoon. I just wanted to say I'm really sorry. A friend of mine had my phone yesterday and was texting nonsense. I hope you're not upset." I say.

"It's fine. I was just a little worried about you. Those messages were pretty weird."

"Thank god. Yeah, sorry about that."

"So you don't have a boyfriend?" He asks carefully.

"Of course not. I have not even thought about getting one." I respond, undoubtedly.

"Good to know." He says and chuckles. "By the way, lunch next week. What restaurant are we going to?"

"I'm feeling Italian. You pick the place."

"Alright, goodnight Y/N."

"Goodnight Namjoon."

____________________________________________________________

I pull up to the Olive Garden parking lot and I am very perplexed.

When I said an Italian restaurant I didn't mean this.

I get out of the car and walk towards the entrance. I look inside to see if Namjoon is in there. He isn't, but I also notice how crowded it is inside.

I should go in and ask for a table.

I walk up to the hostess and she looks up to greet me.

"Good afternoon and welcome to Olive Garden. How many are sitting at your table." She asks.

"Table for two please and if you could, can you make it a booth?"

"Yes ma'am that's not a problem." She says, clicking a few buttons. "That will be a thirty-minute wait."

I nod and go back outside. There's no sitting room in the waiting area so I walk up to my car and get in. I take out my phone and call Namjoon.

*Me* 

-Wow

-The flawless and punctual Namjoon is late for lunch.

-Guess I know who's paying today.

*Namjoon* 

-I'm sorry.

-I was held up at office

-Not to mention the awful traffic.

*Me* 

-Namjoon, it's cool.

-To be honest there's a wait anyway.

*Namjoon* 

-How long?

*Me*

-Only 30 minutes.

*Namjoon* 

-I'll be there in 15.

*Me*

-K.

-I'm in my car waiting.

I turn my phone off and put it into my cup holder. I lean my chair back all the way and rest my hands on my stomach. I'm a little tired from all the work at the office earlier.

I'm just going to rest my eyes until Namjoon gets here.

I sit peacefully in my car as time goes by. I feel a wave of peace settle over my body finally. I haven't really been at peace for a while. With everything going on, I haven't really had time to rest my mind except for sleep. Then again I haven't been getting enough of that either. I hear a knock.

I jump and sit up. I look out my window and see Namjoon smiling at me.

Well, there goes my peace.

I roll down the window and smile at Namjoon once the adrenaline stops coursing through my body.

"Y/N were you sleeping?" He asks.

"No, I was just resting my eyes. I needed a break from the world." I answer.

"I see, how long do we have left." I turn to pick up my phone to check the time.

"10 minutes." He continues to stand outside my car nodding. "You can get in on the passenger's side if you want."

"Really?" he asks and I nod my head. "Thanks." He walks around my car and enters the passenger side. I raise my chair up so my chair can be the same as his. He closes the door behind him and sits back in his chair.

"If you want to take a break from the world, why don't you just take the time off work, it's good for the soul."

"Oh Namjoon, if only I could do so. I'm in the middle of an extra hard case that I can't even talk about."

"Why can't you talk about it."

"It's in the contract me and my client signed and you know confidentiality."

"Oh, I see." He says turning his head towards me.

"Yeah, other than that, everything is just peachy."

"So who was the person that texted me yesterday?" As soon as he asks, I feel the heat rise up my cheeks into my ears. My whole face feels hot.

I swear I might just kill Taehyung when I see him.

"That was no one important. Just a nuisance, until I kill him," I say, squinting my eyes in slight anger.

"Y/N, he didn't seem like no one."

"Well in my book he is."

"What am I to you." I look up at him and he's staring at me again. My heart begins to thump a little.

What is he to me?

"Someone I see as a very close friend, even though we haven't known each other for long." I finally say after a minute of thinking. I look at him and I see a look in his face.

Is it sadness? Or disappointment? I can't really tell.

He quickly smiles, erasing the look that was there. The smile wasn't big enough for me to see the dimples on his cheeks, but it was still beautiful and radiant. My heart skips another beat.

"I'm glad you see it that way." He says, kind of sadly. I look over at the clock again. It's time to go in.

"Namjoon, it's time to go in. You ready?" I ask.

"As ready as I'll ever be," he says. He grabs the door handle and gets out of the car. I do the same and wait for him to meet me around the front of the car. With that, we walk towards the restaurant. He opens the door for me when we get there. I walk up to the hostess and say my name. She pushes a bunch of buttons then picks up two menus and leads us to the booth. The booth is seated away from other people, but not hidden out of sight.

We sit and order our food before we start talking again.

"Y/N I actually have an offer for you, I think you'll really like it."

"Okay what is it?" I ask, taking a sip of water.

"I'm having a Halloween party later this month, and I was wondering if you could come."

"Really, me?"

"Yes. If it makes you feel more comfortable, you can bring all your friends." I burst out laughing.

"Do you know the trouble you're asking for?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Well, my friends aren't the most cohesive bunch. They're all a little off."

"That doesn't really matter, they're your friends. And to be honest, I want to meet the people that spend the most time around you."

"Why?" I say drinking some water.

"Because they know your personality the best, I want to know more about you than just what you tell me."

"But what I say should be enough."

"It would be, however, I like to have outside points of view as well."

"Well I accept your invitation and I'll invite my friends, but you aren't allowed to talk to Seolhee. At. all." He raises an eyebrow in confusion.

"Your friends from my mother's birthday dinner." I nod. " Why is that?" He asks.

"For reasons, you should never find out," I answer.

"Oh, then I will most definitely make sure to greet her and start a conversation when she enters with her boyfriend."

"You remembered she has a boyfriend? Were you going to try and squeeze your way into her corner?" I question.

"Of course not. I actually have someone else in mind." He says and stares into my eyes.

The effect this man has on my body is ridiculous.

Just as I was going to say something, they brought the food out. I got lasagna and he got chicken alfredo. I start digging in when they put the lasagna in front of me. I was really hungry. I take a couple of bites and look up at Namjoon.

"If you're so interested in me, why don't you ask me?" I probe.

"Really?" He says and takes a bite of his alfredo. I nod.

"What is your favorite color?"

"Periwinkle, it's a shade of purple." His eyebrows raise.

"Very interesting, this mythical color of purple I've never heard of. Mine is black." He says.

"That's what all men say, they only see one color. Is that your only question?"

"Yes, but hold on." He reaches over me to get a napkin. Time just stops. I keep staring up at him in shock.

He's so close. His lips are so plump.

He hands me the napkin and I wipe my face in embarrassment.

"Now, back to business. Since we're on the topic of food you messy child, what's your favorite food?" I quickly get myself together and think of an answer.

I'm so damn embarrassed. No more Italian for a while.

"I don't really know, I eat a lot you know." He nods and continues to eat. "I think it has to be kimchi jjigae." He raises an eye.

"How elderly of you." He chuckles.

"Hey, that's rude. Hearty food makes a hearty body."

"Okay grandma, whatever you say."

"Insult my food choices again and I will throw this lasagna at you." I threaten.

"Calm down, granny. We don't want you to break a hip." He laughs and takes a bite of food. We both continue eating until we finish pay and depart taking separate ways.

__________________________________________________________________

Before my employees leave I tell them to join me in the staff meeting room for a little bit. When everyone is seated I sit at the head of the table.

"I would like to pass an invitation to you all. Namjoon asked me to attend his Halloween Masquerade Ball. He said I can invite all of my friends, there's no limit. Therefore, would you all like to come?" I question. Jin is the first to speak.

"Duh! I can't wait! This office needs a breather. I'm pretty sure none of us have any plans for Halloween yet either. It's going to be so much fun!" He yells with excitement.

"Of course! Another opportunity for me to look nice! And to see others dress nicely." Eungjung glances at Jin.

Hmm, ok.

"I'll guess, someone has to watch the children." He sighs but still ends up smiling.

I knew he'd want to.

"I'm always down for a good time. Also, people talk at parties, if you know what I mean." Jimin cuts in with an evil grin. "Oh, I'll invite Tae too, since he's our new addition to our group."

"Great, I'll tell Namjoon. You all may go home now."

That night will be an exciting one I bet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 464 36
[ "Help me," I whispered, still oblivious of who the person with me is. And finally I felt something I never felt before. Warmth. ] •Reader x Kim Tae...
16.4K 603 33
Where Park Jimin is unsatisfied with his single life and stumbles upon a cute looking Kim Namjoon through online dating. texting chapters but mainly...
48.4K 1.8K 52
This is a BTS prince AU. Jimin is the beloved prince of Sera. Since he is the oldest, his parents have chosen him to be the heir to the throne. Of c...
20.7K 483 36
Jimin from BTS meets Y/n, a young lady who seems down on her luck. An incident with her boyfriend left her stranded in Korea without any money or pla...