Bubbling over (Editing)

נכתב על ידי bangtan_crackhouse

Kim Taehyung is a young man who desperately wants to save his laundromat. Y/N is a lawyer with a dark past... עוד

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 (Finale)
Ending Note

12

87 4 1
נכתב על ידי bangtan_crackhouse

I step out onto the courthouse's parking lot wearing a burgundy pantsuit and a black blouse with some black pumps. It's early in the morning and I might be slightly tired, thanks to Seolhee and her antics from last night. The cool morning air grazes over my face. I shut the door to my car.

This case might be easier than I thought.

I take out my documents from my large work bag and look at my documents.

I don't even have to prove he didn't sign it, I just have to prove that he wasn't there.

I walk up the white marble steps of the courthouse entrance and see Mr.Kim waiting for me at the top of the stairs by a pillar. He looks more dressed up today; a nice dress shirt, checkered slacks, formal brown coat, and a scarf.

Now I think about it, it is cold enough for a coat, at least an unbuttoned one. October trolled the earth mercilessly this year.

When I reach the top I walk over to him and greet him.

"Hello, Mr.Kim-"

"AH" he holds a hand up and pauses. "Taehyung" I roll my eyes and smile.

"Taehyung, are you ready?"

"Of course, now that the MVP has arrived." I chuckle and we both make our way into the courthouse.

We get into our designated room and see Mr.Bong from Ryu inc., their own attorney and Taehyung's uncle is there. When he and his uncle make eye contact, his uncle averts his eyes while Taehyung intensely glares before sitting down. I sit beside him and pat his shoulder as comfort and he drops his gaze. He looks at me and nods his head. I take out my materials and place them on our table along with a computer hooked to a cable. I look at them once more before we begin the trial. The judge is an old woman with short white hair and rectangle glasses. She wears a stern look on her face while going over the case documents.

I don't think she'll be an easy one.

When the trial finally starts, our opponents go first. The lawyer walks to the center of the courtroom. He wore a navy suit, had short gelled hair, and a sly smile painted on his face.

"Good morning, your honor. I am attorney Yoon, and I will be representing Ryu inc. Before we start your honor, might I say you look ravishing." He smirks. The judge raises a brow.

"Young man, whatever do you mean?" Mr.Yoon chuckles before walking closer to the judge.

"Not many women can look as young and refreshing as you do after many years of this job. Look at your skin! It's practically glowing." And with that, he got her. The judge starts batting her eyelashes and swooning.

This man here....he's such an actor. I didn't think we were on a set for a k-drama.

I refrain from rolling my eyes for the sake of my client. Unfortunately, this charm fest went on for more than 30 mins. I glanced at Mr.Kim and his face was filled with disgust.

Shit, we don't have much time left. Lawsuit trials usually end within an hour, that's how long it takes the judge to lose interest or have already decided. This bastard is doing this on purpose! And here I thought the judge was a tough cookie to crack. I have to do something.

I clear my throat loud enough for the courtroom to hear. Both of them break their speed dating session and the judge finally gathers herself.

"Attorney Yoon please, state your case."

"With pleasure, your honor," Mr.Yoon says with a smile. "My clients Mr.Bong, Mr.Kwon, and his nephew, Mr.Kim, all signed a contract that gave the property to Ryu inc. as the newest addition to Belle View Condominiums. In exchange, both Partners A, Mr.Kim, and B, Mr.Kwon, were promised a generous $100,000 dollars in return."

"When and where was it signed?"

"Last month, Tuesday, September 5th of this year. The meeting was held at 9 am."

"Is there any evidence that he was there?"

"He signed the contract there that day he came to meet with Mr.Bong." Mr.Yoon pulls out a copy of the thick contract and shows the judge where he allegedly signed.

"I see, this looks very much like the signature that he submitted when completing his court forms." The judge says, looking at the signature and back to her own documents. "The opposing side may speak now." I stand up and straighten my suit. I confidently walk to the center of the room.

"Hello your honor, I am attorney Y/L/N. Your honor, Mr. Kim was not present at this so-called 'appointment'. Mr.Yoon said he was present at the meeting at 9 am. However, my client was still in his office at 9 am." I make my way to my laptop and play a clip that is now displayed on a projection on a wall opposite of the judge. The video showed Mr.Kim entering the laundromat at 8 am and not leaving when 9 am hits. I pause the video and look at the judge.

I got them good.

I look over to our opponents and smile.

"Are there any other entrances to the laundromat that he could've gone out of?" she asks.

"No, your honor." I go to my desk and retrieve a layout of Mr.Kim's laundromat. I hand it to her and she inspects it, confirming that I was correct.

"I suppose there's nothing much more to say."

Yes, finally. Piece of cake.

"Your honor, may I speak?" Mr.Yoon interjects.

"Sure, attorney Yoon." she nods.

"Attorney Y/L/N, could you please continue the clip past 9 am."

Why?

"Sure," I say, and walk to my laptop. I play the surveillance camera and Mr.Yoon raises a hand, signaling to halt the video when it hits 10:30 am.

"You see here, Mr.Kim leaves at 10:30 am. He clearly left realizing he was late to the meeting." He responds.

I wasn't expecting that, gotta think fast.

"Mr. Yoon, you think my client would be an hour and thirty minutes late to such an important meeting like this that he allegedly attended?" I question him.

"Yes, it happens. That shows how humble Ryu inc. was when making this deal. On the contrary, Mr.Bong." Mr.Yoon calls.

"Yes," Mr.Bong answers.

"At what time did Mr.Kim arrive at the meeting?"

"Eleven fifteen AM"

"Ms.Y/L/N, please continue the video." I press play and stop when Mr.Kim returns, 11:30 am. "You see, that gives him plenty of time to return."

Why didn't Mr.Kim tell me he left at 10:30 am?

"There isn't any evidence that Mr.Kim went to Ryu inc. Unless, Mr.Yoon has footage of him entering the building?" I raise a brow and question.

Ha, how's that punk?

"Unfortunately not, the day of the meeting the cameras are getting repaired. However, my clients make two witnesses where Mr.Kim has none."

Fuck.

The judge is in deep thought and then checks her watch. She then clears her throat and speaks.

"Both sides have insufficient evidence though, Mr.Yoon's case is looking more reasonable. I have another trial that I need to attend soon therefore, we will continue this on a later date. Everyone is dismissed."

Shit.

__________________________________________________________________

In a hurry, I rush out the courtroom doors. I take heavy steps down the hall. I let out a breath trying to find the room I'm looking for. I walk a little longer and see a sign with a woman wearing a dress.

I found it.

I push open the doors to the bathroom and search for life.

Good, no one is here.

I lean my but on the sink and face the bathroom's full body mirror.

Shit, shit, shit.

Jesus, I can't believe they pulled that bullshit in there. Flirting and lying to that poor judge, who does this? This is a courtroom not a house party! He really thought he could win just like that! One thing's for sure, I didn't expect him to ask me to continue the tape.

I sigh.

How could I allow them to trick me like this? I'm quick-witted, I had hard evidence. This is the one thing I fucking hate about the legal system, loopholes. I could've sworn I thought through all of them though!

I sigh and grab my hair in anger.

How could I let myself show up unprepared? I should've prepared more, this wouldn't have happened if I did so. This is entirely my fault. I should've checked that damn tape for the whole day. I should've found some witnesses for Taehyung. I can't believe I've allowed myself to become this vulnerable.

"Ugh" I grunt loudly while shutting my eyes tightly, hand on my forehead.

He didn't even tell me he left that day in the morning. That information sure would've been helpful right now. Where did he even go? Can I get a witness? Maybe a friend of his? A customer? Wait, just ask him yourself.

I stand up from the sink, turn around, and lean on the full length mirror with my arms crossed.

Shit, I didn't even think about how Taehyung feels. Oh my god, he must feel terrible. He even called me the MVP. *mental facepalm* I just embarrassed myself for the second time with him and it hasn't even been 24 hours. I must seem incapable of doing my job.

I sigh. I stop leaning on the mirror and walk to the sink again. I turn on the tap and start washing my hands aggressively.

I can't possibly help Taehyung win his case like this! I need to do better. I'm losing my consistency and I need to get it back. I knew this was going to be a hard case. I knew this, but I underestimated our opponents skills. I can't treat this like a regular case like I have been doing up until now. This is serious and slightly personal, I can't let him down. I am his last option, his only option. I'm going to help him.

I look in the mirror above the sink and nod at my reflection as confirmation. I rinse my hands and shut the tap off. I take my damp hand and press them on my neck.

Hopefully, this will help me cool off, I wouldn't want him to see me like this.

I then take a paper towel from its dispenser and wipe the access off my hand and neck. I throw it away in the trash bin by the door and walk out the restroom.

I step into the hallway and see Taehyung leaning against the marble wall with his foot resting on it as well. He has my bag in his hand and is looking at the floor. He looks up at me when he hears the door behind me close. We make eye contact and mutually stare for about 5 seconds, then he breaks out into a smile.

Why is he smiling? I'd be pretty upset right now.

He then gets up from off the wall and walks towards me. He stops in front of me and lifts my bag in front of me.

"Here, you left it back there. I figured you wouldn't feel like going back to the courtroom." I furrow my brow and take it from him gratefully.

"Aren't you upset with me?" I ask.

"Of course not, you're not the one making things difficult for me." He smiles.

"But I-"

"You don't have to, I understand. You did the best you can, and I don't respect you any less than before today." He interrupts with his hand on my shoulder.

"You're very kind but...." I trail off and sigh.

I don't even know what to say to him.

"Let's go somewhere, hm?" He asks and tilts his head to the side with his eyebrows raised.

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see, just lead me to your car."

"I suppose." I lead us out of the building and towards the parking lot. I unlock my car and we both get in. I take out my keys from my bag and throw it in the back seat.

"So, where to?" I look to him when asking.

"I'll navigate, you don't need to know yet." He simply says.

"And why not?"

"You need a surprise detox, it'll be helpful for both of us."

"Detox?" I ask.

"Yes, now drive Y/N."

This man here, where is he taking me?

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

268 25 7
An arrogant spoiled brat seventeen-year-old Namjoon, over whom everyone around is exhausted, one day finds his new prey - his new legal guardian. Seo...
49.9K 1.6K 37
Y/n is a weak girl with a strong mindset. Her life is miserable but she believes that she can pull through anything if she keeps herself together. Ju...
201K 9.1K 30
Park Jimin is a college student. Normally friends. Normal life. But little does he know that he has two secret admirers who are willing to do anythin...
20.9K 496 36
Jimin from BTS meets Y/n, a young lady who seems down on her luck. An incident with her boyfriend left her stranded in Korea without any money or pla...