Bubbling over (Editing)

By bangtan_crackhouse

Kim Taehyung is a young man who desperately wants to save his laundromat. Y/N is a lawyer with a dark past... More

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 (Finale)
Ending Note

11

96 5 1
By bangtan_crackhouse

Where the hell is he going?

I shake my head and go back to writing my notes. Ten minutes pass and he has yet to come back.

Did he just go home? No, he wouldn't do that. I'll just wait a little longer.

Five more minutes pass and he enters the office with a couple bags and places them on the desk.

I raise a brow.

"What's all this?" I ask.

"Attorney Y/L/N, your stomach was screaming earlier. I figured you haven't had dinner, let's eat together." He smiles. Blood rushes to my face.

He heard me? This is so embarrassing.

I clear my throat to regain my composure.

"I would love to." I say and smile.

He sits down and starts to unbag the food. For drinks he pulled out beer and a couple cans of Coca-Cola. Then he pulled out the food: Ramen, Kimchi, Radish, Triangle Kimbap, Hot dog on a stick, Fruit Sandwiches, Ttokkbokki, Curry, Chicken Cutlet, Instant Rice and, Soft boiled eggs.

Wow it's an instant feast. He brought the whole convenience store with him! I don't mind though, I love all of these foods.

I stare at the vast selection in awe. Mr.Kim reads my expression and looks at me with concern.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't even think about your diet. The convenience store is the closest place around here to get food so I just grabbed a bunch of food I liked without thinking. These are all instant and filled with carbs. I can go back and get fresher foods if you'd like." He stands up ready to go back for me.

"Mr.Kim, that won't be necessary. I'm not on a diet and actually, I like all your selections. Please, have a seat." He smiles and sits back down. From one of his desk drawers he pulls out chopsticks and wet wipes and hands me a set. I wipe my hands and pick up my chopsticks.

"Thank you for the food." I say before diving in.

This, I needed this.

It's been about 5 minutes of us concentrating on our food when he finally decides to speak up.

"I see you're enjoying the food well Ms.Y/L/N." He chuckles.

I look up from my Tteokkbokki and smile.

"This really hit the spot."

He picks up a beer and places it in front of me.

"Care for a drink?"

I scrunch my face in distaste.

"I don't drink beer. Cola would be nice, it's my absolute favorite." He hands me a coke and I down half of it. I take out my keys from my pocket and put it on an empty space on the desk. Mr.Kim glances at my keychain and his eyes go wide. His smile widens.

"IS THAT MARGE???" He exclaims. I look at my keychain.

He's a Simpsons fan too?

"Yes, it's one of my favorites, other than the crime shows I watched as a kid."

"Really? Women usually like that show. I'm glad I found one who enjoys it!" His eyes start to smile as well.

Cute.

"I have an interesting taste in entertainment, not many women like the things I do." I say.

"Well, that makes you more interesting now doesn't it?" I chuckle at his statement.

"I suppose you have a point Mr.Kim."

"STOP" I stopped in the middle of scooping up my rice with curry and looked at him in confusion.

"What?" I ask. He puts his chopsticks down and strokes his chin.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-four"

"How? You're a lawyer, wouldn't you still be in school by now?" He asked.

"I skipped two grades and my birthday is in the beginning of the year."

"Wah, a real elite." He gives me two big thumbs up. I laugh at his reaction.

"And you?"

"Twenty-five," he says.

"You look much younger." I compliment. He smirks.

"Thanks, I hope you know what this means." I furrow my brow.

"What?"

"I am older." He says.

Really?

"Would you like a trophy?"

"No, more like a request."

"Shoot."

"You have to stop talking so formally with me."

"You're my client." I deadpan.

"You're not working right now, we're eating dinner. Also, it would be more engaging if you didn't do it while you are working."

"You're older than me."

"And as an elder, I demand that you speak more comfortably around me." I sigh.

This man won't give up.

He seems in deep thought and pulls out a black sharpie. Before I can react he uncaps it, grabs my hand, and quickly doodles on it. He puts the marker back in his drawer and smiles. I look at him in shock and glance at the back of my hand.

A smiley face, REALLY???

"Yahh, this is permanent! " I shout and glare at him.

"Now you'll remember to smile wherever you go!" He giggles.

This man, how old is he again?

"See, you finally dropped formalities with me." I smile at his comment.

"Yeah, I guess. Though, the next time you write on me I'll make sure to write on your face Mr.Kim."

"Taehyung, call me Taehyung."

"Alright, Taehyung." His smile grows even wider.

"Thanks for calling off the construction workers the day you brought me to the office a few weeks ago. I'm surprised they listen." He says taking another bite.

"I have my ways"

"I would sure love to learn them." I pick up a triangle kimbap and take a bite.

"By the way, I don't think we'll be able to finish the whole buffett you brought." I chuckle a bit after mentioning.

"Eat what you can. You can take whatever is left over home if you'd like, the food was pretty cheap. Sorry, I couldn't take you out to a more fancier place."

"It's fine. Good food comes in many forms, it can't be defined by a price tag. You take home the leftover food though, I still have some leftovers that I have to finish."

"Alright. Make sure you get to the fruit sandwiches, the brand makes them well."

"Of course!" I agree. With that, we continue to eat and chat.

__________________________________________________________________ 

I walk into the house and drop my stuff at the door. My stomach is kind of full from eating with Taehyuung.

I really can't believe him.

I scoff and walk into my room. I collapse on my bed when I hear Soelhee come in after me and sit on my bed with me. She comes down with plop on my bed and lays beside me.

"So why are you so late, hmm?" she asks, staring at the ceiling.

"I had to stay at the office late, I had a lot of work." I respond.

"Was that work Kim Taehyung?" My eyes widened.

"How did you know?"

"I think you already know who told me."

I swear I'm going to crush Park Jimin.

"So was it really him?" She asks.

"Yeah, it was." I smile little and close my eyes. I can still picture us in his little office talking. It really made me feel at peace. "We were working on the details for his case. I happen to end up eating dinner with him."

"Shut up." She violently sits up and smacks my thigh. "What was it? What happened? Bitch I need all the details."

"No, I don't want to tell you. It'll be my secret." I giggle and sit up. She tackles me on the ground and holds me down, straddling me.

"Listen here, I'm going to let you only if you tell me the whole entire story. Okay." I try to hit and kick her to let me go, but to no avail, I am trapped.

"Fine just let me go, I'll tell you." I give in and laugh.

Just let go Seolhee, then it's over.

She loosens her grip and I push her with all my strength to the ground. I ran out of my bed room and ran into the kitchen. I then hear a charging set of feet coming my way.

"Y/N I'M NOT PLAYING THESE GAME!" she screams, while running with a shoe in her hand. "COME HERE SO I CAN BEAT YOUR ASS!" I start laughing uncontrollably and run around the kitchen. We're running circles around the island before I open the fridge to plead my case.

"Listen, listen. You can't hurt me, I have a trial tomorrow. You can't touch me!"

"Bitch, that trial can wait. How dare you push me into the bed. My fucking side hurts." She cries. She tries to move the door, but I push back.

"Look, we can play later. I have to go to bed early so that I can think straight tomorrow."

Because I'm going to need all my brain energy to win this trial.

"Y/N, tell me what happened!" She finally expresses, still trying to attack me. I make my move and book it back to my room and try to close the door. I'm laughing hysterically along with Seolhee. I hear her hit the door with a thump and chuckle.

She ran into it, I've finally broken her.

"Ok, I'll tell you." I finally give in and let her open the door all the way. We go to sit on my bed and face each other. She has this big foolish grin on her face.

"Well, at 7:55 pm I went over Taehyung's landro-"

"Wait. Wait. Wait." She interrupts.

"What?" I ask, sighing.

"You guys are on a first name basis now!?" she squeals and flaps her hands in the air.

"Oh right, you'll find out later just wait." I say, "So basically I went to the laundromat right when he was closing, checked for security cameras. Which by the way he only had one which I find simply moronic and-"

"Y/N you're rambling... again."

"Sorry, sorry. Anyway, once I checked for those I went into his office and asked him questions about his case, just to get the facts straight and then he got up and left. He fucking left." Seolhee raises an eyebrow.

"There wasn't any reason, he just got up and left you in the office?" She questions.

"Yes and to make it worse, he was gone for over ten minutes."

"I don't think I really want to hear the rest of this story ,Y/N. He doesn't have many manners does he? How could you leave a girl in your office for over ten minutes without a valid explanation."

"Also the fact that he left right when I was going to come back home. He said he was going to be back, lowkey thought he was just going to pee." I laugh.

"Y/N this sounds concerning, I don't think I really like Taehyung." She says sadly. " Now Namjoon on the other hand-"

"Wait dummy it gets better." I slightly smile.

"Fine what happens next." she says boredly.

"When he finally did come back, guess what he bought."

"I don't know. What, a shoe box?" She shrugs and rolls her eyes.

"He bought me food," her eyebrows perk up. "It was convenience store food, but I still appreciate the thought."

"Oh nevermind he sounds like a keeper. So, what compelled him to buy you food?" She leans closer to me.

"He heard my stomach growl." I cringe and scrunch up my face. Her eyes go wide.

"Y/N, that's so embarrassing," she laughs. " Aww, is the baby still embarrassed."

"I'd rather not talk about that, but the conversation we had was even better."

"What do you mean?" She crosses her arms.

"He watches the simpsons." Seolhee's hands shoot for the sky and she begins clapping.

"Y/N you better get him, he has taste."

"Hey, he is a client, not a potential boyfriend."

"Right I forgot, Namjoon already has that position."

"No, that's not correct either."

"Come on Y/N, when are you going to get a boyfriend. I want you to be happy." She sighs and puts her hands on my shoulder.

"I am happy and that's besides not the point." I remove her hands. "We continue to talk and I find out that he's older than me. The interesting part is that he doesn't even look like it. He looks younger than me. Then when he found out how old I was he was concerned, but usually everyone is."

"Of course, get to the more interesting part."

"Got dammit Seolhee, can you wait! I was getting there. After he made it apparent that he was older, he insisted that I call him Taehyung. I said no repeatedly, but he wouldn't give up."

"I see, I see. I have deduced the situation." I raise an eyebrow.

"And what is it? There was nothing to deduce."

"Ahh but yes there is. I think he's taking a liking to you." I laugh, no not even that. I died right there.

"That man does not like me. He just appreciates the fact that I took his case, I like his gratitude."

"Look sweet cheeks, I'm calling it right now." she says, running her hand through her hair.

What?

"You're wrong. Trust me, our relationship is client-attorney based. We are bound together only by a contract."

"And by the wonderful show that is The Simpsons." She says hopping out off the bed. " Alrighty then, you have a trial tomorrow and for the love of God I need you to sleep. Good sleep equals a happy lawyer with strong, unbreakable arguments." She smiles and leaves.

"Bye honey." I say as she walks out the door. I walk to my dresser and pick out my pajamas. As I put them on I get the thinking.

I really need to win this case, for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 4.5K 30
Book 1 of 7 in the Young Forever series Y/n is a college student who gets an intern assignment as a photographer at bighit entertainment. What happen...
656 26 22
Y/n is daughter of richest businessman in Korea. She befriends the son of her father's enemy Tae and their cook's son Jimin. Y/n's father is greedy a...
20.9K 498 37
Jimin from BTS meets Y/n, a young lady who seems down on her luck. An incident with her boyfriend left her stranded in Korea without any money or pla...
201K 9.1K 30
Park Jimin is a college student. Normally friends. Normal life. But little does he know that he has two secret admirers who are willing to do anythin...