I Love You » SuperFlash {2} √

By themiko2

After helping Supergirl defeat Non and Mydrid, Barry finds out a troubling secret back in Central City. There... More

𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚙
the new chapter
something impossible
mardon
fastest man alive
simon stagg
his kids
danton black
multiplex
going rouge
not from earth
the cold gun
opposites attract
plastique
kara's blog
visits
obvious
the flash
childhood bully
he found her
he knows
made up
power outage
no speed
hostage situation
two energies combined
guilt
flash vs arrow & supergirl
the vigilante of star city
whammied
the fight to bring him back
the man in yellow
tachyonic particles
love confession
identity revealed
revenge of the rogues
kidnapped
moving back in
the sound and the fury
worst day
care about him
crazy for you
summer nights
another love
nuclear man
ronnie & stein
blood from two speedsters
loves him
fallout
combined together
secret to firestorm
ross & rachel in two years
out of time
in danger
mark mardon
kara's death
rogue time
dante
lisa snart
cold
radiation psychosis
tricksters
james jesse
axel walker
all star team up
bees
brie larvan
memories are important
who is harrison wells?
hannibal bates
everyman
the trap
eobard thawne
electrical shock
grodd lives
goldfinger
search and rescue
the key
rouge air
leonard snart
plan gone wrong
love of his life
heroic death
End of the book

fast enough

1K 28 8
By themiko2

Previously on I Love You, As Wells once again gets the upper hand on the S.T.A.R. Labs team, Barry realized he needed to make a big move and reached out to an old foe, Captain Cold, for help. Kara and Joe warned Barry that Cold can't be trusted. True to form, Cold had his own agenda that involved the meta-humans trapped in the containment cells. As things seemed to be going from bad to worse, The Flash & Supergirl got reinforcements – Arrow and Firestorm.

STAR Labs
Cortex

Barry stared at the live footage of Wells walking through the gates of STAR Labs, taunting Barry. "Barry, don't even think about it," Kara said but Barry zoomed off. "Barr, no!"

They all looked concerned and looked at each other. "He can't face him out there by himself," Mon said and Kara deeply inhaled.

"He won't be by himself," she said before she left the cortex and called someone.

STAR Labs
Outside

Barry zoomed out there, while Wells smiled at him. "Well, I heard your prison transfer didn't go so well. I'm so sorry," he said.

"All a part of your plan, I assume?" Barry asked.

"Actually, that didn't factor into my plan at all, but I'm impressed you went to such great lengths to keep those people from harm. Ever the hero, huh, Barry?" Wells asked.

"You've hurt enough people," Barry said.

"I know. You see me as the villain, but, Barry, if you were to look back, look back carefully at everything I've done, every wheel I have set in motion, you would realize I have only done what I had to do. Nothing more. Nothing less," Wells explained.

"And the Particle Accelerator? How does that fit into your grand plan?" Barry asked.

"Well, why don't you go on inside, and let me show you," Wells said.

"You know, I just learned the hard way not to trust the bad guy," Barry said.

"And yet...I've shown you time and time again you can't beat me, Barry," Wells said but then Kara, landed next to Barry. "Ms. Kara," Wells said, but she just stared at him. Then FIRESTORM landed next to Kara. "Wow. You brought yourselves a friend," Wells said then Oliver zipped down next to Barry. "Welcome, Mr. Queen," Wells said.

"Hope we're not too late," Oliver said.

"You're just in time," Kara said, still staring at Wells, giving him no expression.

"I don't care how fast you are. You can't fight all four of us at the same time," Barry said.

"Oh, I can't? Trust me. This...This is gonna be fun," Wells said before he zoomed into his suit and Barry zoomed after him.

They started to zoom in circles as Kara was hovering over them, her eyes red, trying to laser Wells but couldn't get a good shot. On the ground, Oliver was trying to do the same thing with a arrow. "Move, Barry. Barry, move!" Oliver yelled but then Wells pinned Barry against a wall.

FIRESTORM flew over to Wells to stop him but Wells created wind in his arms, to blow FIRESTORM miles away. Barry zoomed after him, which just left Wells, Kara & Oliver. Wells looked at Kara, with a glare, knowing going after her would hurt Barry. But before he could get even near her, Oliver shot a tranquilizer arrow in Wells's leg. Kara smirked at Wells as she saw him in pain. "Nanites, courtesy of Ray Palmer. They're delivering a high frequency pulse that's disabling your speed. You're not gonna be running around for quite a while," Oliver explained before he and Kara started to fight Wells.

Some time later, Wells got knocked on the ground but he phased the Nanites out of his body. Wells smirked at the heroes before he knocked Oliver off the ground, then he grabbed Kara by the throat and pinned her on the ground. He started vibrating his hand towards her heart as she tried to get out of his grip. "The history books say you live a long life, Ms. Kara. Well, I guess the history books are wrong," Wells said but before he could do anything else, Barry zoomed back and threw Wells off of Kara. She gasped for air before Barry helped her up.

"Are you okay?" He asked and she nodded before Barry held her tightly, while glaring at Wells.

"That's the spirit. You can't stop me, Flash. And you never will," Wells said before he started to run up the building, and Barry followed him.

They ran at each other on top of the building until Barry stopped and saw FIRESTORM & Kara in the air. "Now!" He yelled before FIRESTORM threw a fire ball at Wells and Kara zapped Wells with her lasers. Wells fell off the roof and landed on a car. He slowly got up, chuckling, thinking he had the upper hand, but then he was shot again with a tranquilizer arrow, which immediately knocked him out, and he fell on the ground. Barry zoomed down and looked down at Wells, while Oliver approached him, and Kara & FIRESTORM landed next to them. "Thanks, fellas," Barry said and Kara gave him a look. "And Fellaette."

"No problem," Oliver said.

"Nice haircut. And I see we've abandoned our traditional green," Barry said.

"Trying something different. Look...I might need a favor from you," Oliver said.

"Wherever, whenever," Barry said and Oliver nodded before he walked off, and FIRESTORM followed him. Then Barry & Kara faced Wells on the ground, as Barry put his arm around Kara, pulling her close to his chest. "We got you," Barry said to Wells.

——

His name is Barry Allen, and he is the fastest man alive. When he was a child, he saw his mother killed by something impossible. His father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made him the impossible. To the outside world, he is an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly, he uses his speed to fight crime and find others like him. And one day, he will find who killed his mother and get justice for his father. That day is today.

STAR Labs
Pipeline

Barry faced Wells in silence, not knowing what to say. "What? No Big Belly Burger? It's one of the few perks of living in this time. We're out of cows where I come from. You don't care about that. You have questions. Go ahead," Wells said.

"Not sure where to start...Thawne. That is your real name...Eobard Thawne," Barry said.

"Since the day I was born," Wells said.

"And when was that?" Barry asked.

"135 years from now. That's not what you want to know. Go ahead, Barry. Ask it," Wells said.

"Why did you kill my mother?" Barry asked.

"Because I hate you. Not you now. You years from now," Wells said.

"In the future," Barry said.

"In a future. Yes. We're enemies, rivals, opposites, reverses of one another," Wells said.

"Why? Wh-why were we enemies?" Barry asked.

"It doesn't matter. It doesn't...matter anymore. What matters is that neither of us was strong enough to defeat the other. Until I learned your secret. I learned your name. Barry Allen. And finally, I knew how to defeat you once and for all. Travel back in time, kill you as a child. Wipe you from the face of the earth. But then you, future you, that is, followed me back, and we fought. We both landed some pretty solid shots. And then you, future you, got your younger self out of there. I was so mad. But then I thought...what if you were to suffer a tragedy? What if you were to suffer something so horrible, so traumatic that your child self could never recover? Then you would not become The Flash. And so I stabbed your mother in the heart, and I was free. Finally able to return to a future without The Flash, only to realize that in traveling back I'd lost my way home. Lost my ability to harness the speed force. And without it, I was stuck here. Stranded in this time, unable to return to my own. And the only way back was The Flash. But The Flash was gone, and so I created him," Wells explained.

"Why train me? Why help me save so many people?" Barry asked.

"Because I needed you to get fast. Fast enough to rupture the space-time barrier and create a stable wormhole through which I could return home," Wells explained.

"Why would I ever do that?" Barry asked.

"Because...Barry Allen, if you give me what I want, I'm gonna give you what you want. You can go back and save your mother. You can prevent your father from going to prison. You can reunite the Allen family," Wells explained but Barry shook his head.

"No. No, I don't believe you. I want to kill you right now," he said.

"I know that rage. I used to feel that rage every time I looked upon you. And now, somehow, I know what Joe and Henry feel when they look on you with pride. With love," Wells said.

"No. No. Don't you ever say that to me!" Barry yelled.

"I know you're upset, but I'm giving you a chance. I'm giving you a chance to undo all the evil I've done. Don't you want that chance?" Wells asked but Barry shook his head before walking away.

STAR Labs
Cortex

Barry faced everyone as they looked at him taken back. "The rare opportunity to go back in time and right a wrong and save your mother's life...quite the paradox Harrison has presented you with, Mr. Allen," Martin said.

"The chance to be with someone you love? Seems pretty cut and dry to me," Caitlin said as she walked up next to Ronnie, who put his arm around her back.

"At first blush, Dr. Snow, it would appear so, but this gift has unparalleled risk. Barry, the night your mother died, the night you saved yourself from being killed, that event altered the timeline you were already on and changed the course of history," Martin explained.

"So what you're saying is we're living in a parallel universe?" Kara asked.

"Just like when I time traveled before," Barry said.

"But he...he only changed one day that time," Mon said.

"Exactly. Now imagine 16 years of compounded experiences. One different decision, no matter how big or small, impacts everything that follows. Moments upon moments, choices upon choices. No relationships, nothing would be as it is today, and you'd never know the difference because you'd never remember any of it," Martin explained.

"So if I go back and save my mom, my dad doesn't go to prison. I never live with Joe and Iris," Barry said.

"You might never meet me. Or Caitlin or Ronnie," Cisco said as Kara crinkled her eyebrows.

"Or me," she said and Barry looked at her, with sadness in his eyes.

"Truth is, there's no real way of knowing what your life will be," Martin said and Kara eyed the ground. Then she looked up at Barry, trying to seem strong.

"There's no choice here, Barry. You have to do this. You gotta change the past," she said as Barry looked at her in confusion. She then walked out of the cortex and Barry stared at her as she did.

STAR Labs
Corridor

Kara was walking towards the elevators when Barry caught up with her. "Kara?" He asked and Kara looked at him. "So what...what, that's it? After everything we've been through, you think I should just do it?" He asked.

"Yeah, I do," she said. "Which means I will never come to live with Joe, and you'd never be able to meet Iris or me and...you're just okay with that?" He asked and Kara sighed.

"Barry, you get the chance to grow up with both parents. You don't have to grow up without a mother. You can have both your parents, a chance I'll never get," Kara said.

"What about growing up without a father?" Barry asked.

"You will have a father...your real father," Kara said.

"But- Kara, what about us? I'll remember everything between us and you won't remember...anything. Like what I felt when I first saw that cute face of yours-" he started to say but Kara stopped him.

"Wells has messed with our lives long enough. This is why you became The Flash, Barry. To put things right. You saved a lot of people's lives this past year. Now it's time to save yours," Kara said before she got on the elevator, ignoring the relationship questions. Barry watched the doors close, with such confusion, and he just didn't know what to do.

Iron Heights

Barry was sitting across from Henry, between a glass wall and two phones, like it has always been for the past 16 years, but this time, it just felt different. "Dad, look. I know this sounds crazy," Barry said.

"I think we're way past crazy, slugger. Look, you're fast, I get it. But turning back time-" Henry started to say.

"No, I wouldn't be turning time back. I would be...going back to that night to save her," Barry explained.

"And what does Joe & Kara think about all this?" Henry asked and Barry chuckled, in a confused manner.

"They think I should do it," Barry said.

"No. You can't," Henry said.

"Dad...I can make it so that night will never have happened. We'll be a family again," Barry said.

"We are a family," Henry said.

"Not like this. Not without Mom," Barry said.

"Barry, there's a natural order to things, okay? Things happen the way they do. We may not know why at the time, but there must always be a reason. Now, I believe that. I've had to believe it," Henry said as Barry crinkled his eyebrows.

"I...I can save Mom," he said.

"At what cost? You said time would change. What if it changes you?" Henry asked.

"I don't care," Barry said.

"I do. I am in awe of the remarkable man that you are becoming...all the things you've achieved, and not just as The Flash, but you, Barry. Your honesty. Your heart. You were always a hero. And your mom would be just as proud. And if she had a say in this, if she thought for one second that you going back to save her would mean you losing what makes you so special, she would never want that," Henry started to explain as Barry began to cry. "Barry, what I hope for you, maybe the greatest thing that a father can hope for his son is that one day, you will become a father yourself. And then you will know...How much I truly love you," he finished and Barry nodded.

STAR Labs

Caitlin took Ronnie's temperature while he stared at her in awe. "98.6. Normal," she said.

"I don't even know what that word means anymore," Ronnie said.

"Me neither. I know Barry really appreciates you coming back to help him stop Wells," she said.

"That's not the only reason I'm back, Cait. I'm here now. For good," he said and she was taken back.

"But I thought-" she started to say.

"I thought too...I thought too much about what might happen if the government tracked us down. If we couldn't control our powers and we hurt someone. If we hurt you. But I realized that although sometimes I'm more than one man, I'm not whole unless I'm with you. I love you, Cait," Ronnie explained as Caitlin grew a slight smile.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"I am. Once upon a time and a Particle Accelerator or so ago, you agreed to marry me," Ronnie said.

"Yes, I did," she said.

"What do you say we do that?" He asked before he kissed her.

DEO
Balcony

Barry was staring out on the stars, thinking deeply about what's to happen next, but he still wasn't sure. But then Alex walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder. He looked back at her and smiled at her presence. "Thought I might find you here," she said.

"I needed to get out of the lab. I thought this would be a good place to think," he said.

"Oh, it is. I've done a lot of thinking up here. Kara too. Besides when she was at CatCo having clandestine meetings with the mysterious Blurr," he said and they both chuckled.

"Yeah, not mad we lost that name," he said.

"Definitely," Alex said but then they got quiet. "So are you gonna do it?"

"It's just so...huge. It's the biggest decision of my life, and if I'm wrong, I can't undo it," Barry explained.

"Why would you want to? I mean, you'd get to see your mom again, your dad, have a great career, even get married. Kara Danvers-Allen, huh? I never really thought Kara as a hyphenator. Must be a 2024 thing," Alex said and Barry chuckled.

"We don't know that that's going to happen," he said.

"Do you think that because you didn't live with Joe & Iris, and that you'd never meet Kara, that's why things are different there?" Alex asked.

"I was never a big believer on love at first sight, until I met Kara, and I was a believer. That sounds really cliche but it's true. Her eyes glimmered like the stars and comets. Her smile could glow up anyone's day. Her hair shined just as much as the sun did. Her skin was just so perfect and fair. I couldn't get her out of my head after just one moment at staring at her. But the hard part was, getting to know her. I knew about her and Supergirl, and I fell for both of them. It's a good thing they were the same person or I don't know what I'd do. But it was so damn difficult to say anything about how I felt for her because I couldn't even understand what I felt. It was a deep passion that consumed me, and I've never felt like that with anyone. But before I could even do anything, I couldn't, because she was already in love with Adam, in a relationship. And I wasn't gonna get in the middle of a relationship. Once her and I got together, I've never had real happiness like I did with her. I've had a good life. With her. With Joe & Iris. With Mon & you. All thanks to her," Barry explained as Alex smiled, knowing how much he loved her. But they both turned around when they heard crying noises.

Behind them was Kara, staring at Barry, with her blue eyes glimmering in tears. "Barry," she said softly as Barry approached her. "I never loved Adam. I never stopped thinking about you either. I love you, Barry. You," she said but before she could say anything else, Barry kissed her while he cupped her cheeks. She kissed back and wrapped her arms around him. J'onn walked up to Alex and they smiled at the couple.

Once they broke the kiss, they stared into each other's eyes while Barry wiped away her tears. "I'm sorry. I was just scared that our stars wouldn't meet again if you went back," she said and he shook his head.

"I have to believe that they will," he said before they hugged. "What do you think I should do? I need someone to tell me."

"I think...that for once in your life, Barry Allen, you should stop thinking about other people. I think you should do what's in your heart. Do what you need to do for yourself," Kara said and Barry nodded in her shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 640 16
It's been 1 year since Iris died. Everyone came to be remorseful for her death. Everyone but Barry. Savitar broke him. He took away the love of his l...
60.4K 1.6K 27
My name is Barbara Gordon. I work for the GCPD, or Gotham City Police Department. They, however, are seeming to be of no help as I try to clear my Un...
298K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...
25.1K 689 15
After escaping the Speed Force, Barry and Iris are unable to rekindle their relationship. Deciding it's best to give each other some space, Iris leav...