All The More Reason ✔

By Junedsilver

[Twice Featured Noteworthy Novel & Staff Pick on Tapas.io] ✔ [Previously featured on Tapas.io's LGBTQ+ Commu... More

Disclaimer & Copyrights
Part 1 - All The More Memories
Chapter 1 - Family
Chapter 2 - Best Friends
Chapter 3 - The Girl
Chapter 4 - The Boy
Chapter 5 - Silence
Part 2 - All The More Changes
Chapter 6 - Don't leave
Chapter 7 - Burning Holes
Chapter 8 - Bend or Break
Chapter 9 - Rejecting
Chapter 10 - Comforting
Part 3 - All The More Revealing
Chapter 11 - Memory
Chapter 12 - Panic
Chapter 13 - Grounded
Chapter 14 - Trypophobia
Chapter 15 - Faded
Part 4 - All The More Complicated
Chapter 16 - Spill
Chapter 17 - Gift
Chapter 18 - Disappointed
Chapter 19 - Disconnected
Chapter 20 - Jealousy
Part 5 - All The More Confusing
Chapter 21 - Visitor
Chapter 22 - Ignorance [Mature]
Chapter 23 - Shut Up
Chapter 24 - No matter what
Part 6 - All The More Conflicted
Chapter 26 - Game on
Chapter 27 - Approval
Chapter 28 - Left Out
Chapter 29 - Always will
Chapter 30 - Flirtatious
Chapter 30.5 - His burden [Extra content]
Part 7 - All The More Involved
Chapter 31 - Big Bro
Chapter 32 - Teasing
Chapter 33 - Intimate [Mature]
Chapter 34 - Turning Down
Chapter 35 - Humiliating
Part 8 - All The More Troubled
Chapter 36 - Lonely
Chapter 37 - Friendship
Chapter 38 - Familiar
Chapter 39 - Grieving
Chapter 40 - Listen
Part 9 - All The More Reason
Chapter 41 - Trust
Chapter 42 - Admitting
Chapter 43 - Two to tango
Chapter 44 - Let's take it slow
Chapter 45 - Home
Chapter 46 - Boyfriend
Epilogue - Always There

Chapter 25 - Cornered

449 47 8
By Junedsilver

Wednesday

Over the course of a few days, Senn continued to avoid Elio—especially since Joyce seemed to be glued to his side—and hung out with Lucas and Avan separately. It was actually kind of peaceful to just have two people around him, who knew he liked peace and quiet ever since he injured his head during the accident.

They spoke calmly, unless Senn himself showed enthusiasm over a particular subject; in that case they would show their enthusiasm as well—or not, if they weren't as enthusiastic as he himself was. Point was, his two best friends knew he didn't mind to sit around and be quiet for a short while either.

For about two full days, things at school felt as if they were back to normal, and Senn was enjoying every second of it while he was also wondering when it would be disturbed, and by who; Samantha, Joyce, or Elio.

Or any other idiot in their school who felt the need to step out of order.

And since they were about to hang out at Samantha's place, Senn knew he couldn't avoid Samantha or Joyce any longer. The only reason he had agreed to their hang out session at Samantha's parent's pool was because Lucas and Avan had talked about Elio being absent for whatever reason he had. He vaguely recalled Lucas mentioning Elio needed to work, but he wasn't sure.

Whatever the real reason was for him not to cling at Joyce's side, Senn was thankful for it. He couldn't stand watching them growing impossibly closer even more. Let alone from up close while hanging out with their small group of friends. In school it was easy to not look at them since there were plenty of things happening around him to distract him.

But Elio, in swim trunks, and not much distraction from him and Joyce?

No thank you.

Really, if Elio would've been planning on showing up, Senn would've probably declined Sam's invite. But now he was actually kind of excited to go and have a fun afternoon with all of his closest friends.

But before he would tag along with Lucas and Avan in the former's car, he needed a bathroom break. Neither Avan nor Lucas was in his last class of the day, so he wasn't surprised for them to text him.

Avan: Where ru? We're waiting for u

Senn typed a quick reply to tell them he went to the bathroom first, before placing the phone on the side of the sink to wash his hands. Right before he was able to grab his phone and look at Avan's reply to his own text, it was snatched from the side.

Senn turned, half and half expecting to find Avan standing next to him. "Impatient, are we?" he laughed, though his smile dropped as soon as his eyes met the bright blue eyes that belonged to none other than Elio Lark.

Eyes that looked angry and hurt.

"What the fuck did I do wrong, Senn?" He practically barked at him, voice filled with anger while he folded his arms on front of his chest, holding Senn's phone tightly.

"Give me my phone," Senn demanded, holding out his hand, gesturing for him to hand it over.

"Tell me why you're all pissed, ignoring me days on end. Even avoiding me whenever you possibly can. What did I do except being kind and helpful?" Elio slid the phone into his pocket, apparently not intending on handing it back before he got a satisfying answer to his questions.

"What you did? Can't figure that out yourself? Don't you have a smart-ass answer for everything?"

Elio lifted an eyebrow, shaking his head slightly. "I've been trying to come up with an explanation, I've asked your friends. But they don't even know what exactly is going on. Or they're great at pretending."

"Guess they're more my friends than they are yours, huh?" Senn mockingly replied. "Did you ask your girlfriend as well?"

"Is that why you're avoiding me? Because of Joyce?"

Senn shrugged, pretending he didn't care. But he did care, and it was getting annoying. It was probably getting annoying to Elio as well, to not know exactly why Senn was avoiding him.

"Well, Elio? If you must know, yes. That's exactly why I'm avoiding you. How the fuck do you think it feels to be kissed by someone, who then takes mere days to start dating my fucking ex-girlfriend? Who wouldn't be fucking pissed about that, huh?"

Elio frowned, his anger quickly disappearing behind confusion. He shook his head and genuinely seemed lost for a way too long and awkward silence. Elio shrugged, turning away from Senn while he was staring at the floor. After what felt like eternity, he spoke.

"I'm bisexual, and I was interested in Joyce even before I met you. Joyce and I have a click. We have great chemistry. But... then you showed up in school and I... I don't know." Elio turned back to look at him, while he seemed to feel conflicted. "I fell for you, head over heels. I thought you felt the same, so I kissed you. But Senn, you said you weren't like that. You said you weren't into guys. I fell for you but—"

Senn stopped him from talking by grabbing hold of his face with both hands, pressing his lips against Elio's like he had longed to do for days already. Part of him had expected for Elio to push him away and tell him he was with Joyce. But instead, Elio slid his arms around his waist within seconds after Senn started a shallow kiss; and deepened the kiss.

It turned into the make out session Senn had previously ruined by pulling back and running away from Elio. It wasn't anything like he expected with the ever so calm and collective Elio Lake; it was hot, it was full of pent up frustration. Elio squeezed his side when Senn pulled his hair all while Elio forced Senn to walk backwards until he was met with a wall.

Elio had pushed him against the wall, keeping him in place with his body while both his hands slipped under Senn's shirt, causing Senn to gasp in shock at the cold contact.

"Sorry, cold hands," Elio mumbled with his lips still against Senn's.

"Shut up," Senn muttered, pulling him in for more kissing and less talking. His body was on fire, like he remembered from his first contact with Julian. How things were supposed to feel when you were into someone.

And his body was telling him he was definitely into Elio, and it was telling in more than one way.

In ways Elio could feel; and probably did feel.

"I'm sorry, Senn. I didn't mean to hurt you," Elio whispered while he leaned his forehead against Senn's, staring into his eyes with sadness in his own. "I really thought you didn't like me."

"I... I mean, I do. I just haven't told anyone about this. I'm scared—"

"Senn!? Are you still in here?" Avan's voice sounded outside the door, right before it opened and Avan appeared in the opening.

Elio shot away from Senn, who rolled his eyes and laughed awkwardly. "Except Avan."

Avan stared back and forth between them, smirking knowingly, before he turned around again. "No, he's not in here anymore. Maybe he went to his locker, let's check."

The door closed with a soft thud, and Elio nervously chuckled. "So, he knows?"

"Yeah, he's the only one."

"One step at a time." Elio nodded. "I won't tell anyone, as long as you stop avoiding me. I miss you, seriously."

"I missed you too, Elio."

* * * Chapter 25.2 (Bonus chapter) and chapter 26 are now available on Patreon. Chapter 25.2 is a Patreon only chapter! More exclusive content is already available. It only takes a minimum pledge of $1,- and gives you multiple advantages like bonus content and early access * * *

* * * If you're still here with me, at chapter 25, and you haven't voted yet, press that star and show me the love! Also; comments make me smile =D * * *

Love, June

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 19K 32
After graduating from high school, Mathew sets out to do a two-year missionary service like everyone else his age. Mathew thought that his only probl...
217K 15.5K 59
[Previously feautured Noteworthy Novel & Staff Pick on Tapas.io!] Frey Sanders isn't a shy guy. He is a lot of things - obnoxiously loud, over-confid...
216K 10.6K 47
⭐️Wattpad LGBTQ+ Book of the Month - April 2017 Justin Riggs' life has been uprooted. After finding himself the target of his school's vicious bully...
262K 18.4K 45
What do you get when you put a neurotic failed jock and the guy he used to bully in high school in one apartment? Well, an interesting situation. Tha...