The Girl Who Believed

By nicole_3105

The shy Gryffindor catches the eye of the school's biggest player. Again. "I'm not playing at anything this t... More

The Train Ride
Hogsmead
Did he just ask me out?
First Kiss
Crushed
Cast
Sixth year
First day
What Exactly Is He Thinking?
Potter's Face
Unnerving
Herbology
Sirius' POV
The Letter
Theo Asked Me Out
Date With Theo
I Don't Know
Tutoring
Forgiveness
The Picnic
Decisions
The Gift
Fights
Common Room
Confused
Remus Jealous
Pranks
Late night talks
The Game
Blondie
He's being an idiot
I'm screwed
His Undying Love
Stargazing
Yes
Music To My Ears
Matchmakers
Dates to the Ball
Ambushed

Making Up

2K 31 10
By nicole_3105

Athena's POV

I will love you
So much
And so deeply
That one day
You will make peace
With our past

I read this with a stupid smile on my face on breakfast. It was Saturday, the day after tutoring Black. Only Caroline was with me since Lily and Angie were still sleeping.

Last night I told the girls about what happened between Black and I and they were shocked. Lily was upset, Angie was wary, and Caroline was kind of supporting.

I know Lily was worried about me. Especially because she was the one with me the whole time and saw how broken I was. However, I assured her that I just wanted to lift that weight off my shoulder and simply move on. No funny business. Forgiving him doesn't mean jumping in his arms or even being friends. It just means that I don't hate him and treat him like any random classmate.

"Hey," said a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Theo standing there scratching the back of his neck.

"Hey," I said.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked glancing at Caroline.

"Depends whether you'll be rational or not," I told him.

"Completely rational," he said with a slight smile.

"Fine. See you later, Care," I said and exited the hall with Theo.

We walked in silence to the courtyard and stood beside a tree.

"I'm sorry," he said breaking the silence.

"For what exactly? Accusing me of encouraging an unknown person or accusing me of two-timing you?" I asked.

"Both," he said looking down, "I was just... jealous. You don't see how big your smile gets when you recieve a letter from this person. How you blush. I wish to be the one to make you smile and blush like that."

I sighed. "Theo, look at me. If I didn't genuinely like you, I wouldn't go out with you. We just started going out and getting to know each other. We need to trust each other for this to go on."

"I know, you're right and I'm sorry," he said, "I want to make it up to you."

"How?"

"Meet me at the Black Lake before dinner."

"Why? What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," he said.

"Oh, come on," I groaned.

"No can do, beautiful," he said. I had an idea.

I leaned close to him wraping my arms around his neck and whispered in his ear, "Please."

"No," he said with a smile.

I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek.

"No," he whispered. I kissed the corner of his mouth, then the other corner.

"N-no," he said, he was cracking.

"Please," I whispered close to his lips. Our lips were almost touching.

I closed the distance and kissed him. He kissed back immediately. His lips were soft and warm. He ran his tongue on my lower lip asking for entrance, which I denied.

"Tell me," I murmured against his lips.

"H-huh?"

I pulled away taking a couple of steps back with a full on smirk on my face. He groaned and tried to come closer but I moved again making him groan.

"That's what you get for not telling me," I said.

"But babe, if I tell you it wouldn't be a surprise," I said.

"Too bad then, we will continue later," I said walking away sending him a kiss in the air.

"You're such a tease, you know that?" He said.

"I do," I yelled back.

I walked back to the castle and went to the common room. Once I entered I was attacked by the girls.

"Did he apologize?" asked Lily.

"Did you make up?" asked Caroline.

"We saw you from the window, were you making out?" asked Angie.

I walked to the couch by the fireplace and plopped on it rolling my eyes. The girls followed me.

"Yes. Yes. And no, it was... just a kiss," I answered them.

"It didn't look like just a kiss. It looked like a mini make out session," said Angie and I blushed.

"It wasn't a make out session. I just wanted an answer," I said.

"An answer...?" Lily asked.

"Yeah. He apologized and said he wanted to make it up to me and asked me to meet him at the Black lake before dinner, but refused tell me what he's planning," I explained.

"So you decided to seduce the answer out of him?" Lily asked and I nodded.

"That's my girl!" Angie exclaimed and we all laughed.

"So, did he tell you?" Caroline asked.

"Nope. He forgot the question so I left him there. He called me a tease," I said and we laughed again, "It's easy to guess anyway. I bet it's a picnic, what else is there to do at the Back Lake before dinner?"

What we didn't notice, is The Marauders at the other side of the room listening to our conversation. When I met Black's eyes I stopped laughing. He looked angry. His jaw was clenched and so were his fists.

I looked at him in confusion. The girls noticed what I'm looking at.

"What's up with him?" Asked Angie in a whisper.

"No idea," I whispered back. Caroline looked a bit uncomfortable.

Suddenly, Black got up and left the common room with the boys trailing right behind him. Potter was the last to leave. He looked at me and sighed.

I tried shrugging it off but I couldn't.

"Hey, let's go to Hogsmead today. We didn't go on the last trip and the trip before, Athena went with loverboy," said Lily.

"Yeah, let's go. I really missed going with you. It's been a while," I said.

"Let's go change first," said Angie.

Sirius' POV

I was sitting in the common room messing around with the guys when Lily, Caroline, and Angela came in. Where is Athena?

"Hey, Lily. Good morning," James saluted.

"Morning, Potter," she replied dryly and sat on the couch with Caroline.

"Merlin! Girls! Come and look," Angela yelled from the window. She was looking at something outside.

"What is it?" Lily asked as she and Caroline rushed there.

Out of curiosity, the guys and I looked, too. I wish I hadn't.

"Are they making up?" Lily wondered.

"Of course they are. Look at them kissing!" Angela said.

There in the courtyard beside a tree, stood Athena with Argent. They were making out. I couldn't look away. I couldn't even breathe.

"Um.. l-let's give them some privacy and stop looking," Caroline said. I think she noticed me watching the scene, but I didn't look at her to know.

"Privacy? If they wanted privacy, they wouldn't be doing it in the courtyard," said Angela with a snort.

"God, Angie, you are making it sound dirty. It's just a kiss," said Lily, "Look, she pulled away."

"He looks frustrated," Angela snickered.

I turned away from the window and sat on another side of the room, and the guys sat with me.

"You heard Lily, Pads, it's just a kiss," James said and I glared at him.

We sat in silence until Athena walked in and the girls huddled around her.

We listened to them and heard everything since our hearing was enhanced because we are Animagi and Remus is a werewolf.

I was getting more pissed off by the second. When her honey eyes met mine, I couldn't hide my anger. It confused her. I couldn't fathom why, though. Isn't it obvious? Haven't I made it obvious that I love her? What's confusing about my anger after seeing her kissing someone else and not being able to do anything about it?

I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and left the common room. I felt the guys following me. I didn't know where I was going, I just couldn't bear sitting there listening to her talk about that git.

"Padfoot! Calm down. Stop, where are you going?" said Remus catching my arm to stop me.

"Just leave me alone!" I yelled, "I've been calm and patient and look where it got me."

"It got you to be forgiven and now she doesn't hate you. Don't lose that," Remus reasoned.

"You don't know how it feels," I said.

"But I do," James said, "I know how it feels, Pads. I know seeing her with someone else hurts, but Moony is right. You went one step forward, don't go two steps back."

I started pacing back and forth. They're right, she just forgave me and I shouldn't ruin it by losing control of my emotions.

"What do you suggest I do then?" I asked.

"I have an idea," Peter said, "Why don't you add fuel to the small fire?"

"What do you mean?" James asked.

"The letters make him jealous, right? Imagine how he will be if there were little gifts or flowers," explained Peter.

"Wormtail, you're a genius," I said with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

802K 25.3K 36
"babe, if you don't wipe that frown off your lips, people might think you don't like hanging out with me." [sirius black x female oc] ...
57.7K 3.6K 70
Remus was sure he'd have to say goodbye to his friends this year, but oddly it seems they have forgotten about his secret entirely. Or, more likely...
111 3 5
"if i'd known you'd leave forever, i never would've helped you disappear." in which the marauders think their sixth year will begin and end normally...
4.4K 160 18
A year after the enticing Dean sisters transferred to Hogwarts, one catches the eye of a troubled Gryffindor. Making it all but impossible to ignore...