My Heart Will Go On (Kairi Sa...

By Freedom_Fighter24

Peter Reynolds may have signed an NXT contract, but a Pirate Princess in particular caught his eye. Will they... More

Profile
Signing With WWE
A Confrontation Worth A Ton Of Money
A Feud Worth Having Control Over
The First Match In NXT
The Date
Confessions and A Confrontation
Three on One
Double Date With A Twist
Contract Signing
Preparing For Takeover
NXT Champion?
Celebration
Toronto
A Call That Broke Me In Half
Coming Back From Canada
Meeting With Adam
Final Match Of Adam Cole In NXT
RETIRING?!!
Visiting Chris and A Tournament
Cleared, But Not Cleared to Compete
Breakup?
Meeting With Hunter
Author's Note
Tattoo Day
How Great Booking Can Make A Difference In Ratings
Almost There
ARRESTED?!!
Virtual Message
Takeover: Las Vegas
New Champion?
Meeting Kairi's Mother
A New Friendship?
Invasion and A Rescue?
Lighting The Fuse
AEW v NXT
Playing Some WarGames
Here Are Your Winners...
Ce-le-bra-tion, Guys COME ON!
Final NXT Moment For Me
Meeting Brock Lesnar
Monday Night Raw
WWE Raw Debut
Royal Rumble
One More Match For Jericho?
Roadblock
An InSane Debut And A HOF Announcement
A Confrontation With Lesnar and A Certain Someone
Hunter Stopping By
Make-A-Wish
A Match Worth Fighting For
Y2J v An Anarchist Part 1
Y2J v An Anarchist Part 2
Last Confrontation With Lesnar
NEW YORK!!!
Induction Part 1
Induction Part 2
No Holds Barred Part 1
No Holds Barred Part 2
An Offer She Can't Refuse
How The Author Would Book Kairi Sane
Author's Note

Birthday Surprise

266 4 15
By Freedom_Fighter24

~With Peter; January 25; 9:00 AM~

When I woke up, I noticed Kairi wasn't in the bed with me. I thought nothing of and thought she was downstairs waiting for me.

I showered, dressed, and went down to hear her cooking breakfast.

Kairi: Hey, Pete!

Me: Good morning, sweetie. What's wrong? No "happy birthday" to me?

Kairi: You think I'd forget about your birthday? Happy birthday, my love.

She kissed my cheek and served me my breakfast: pancakes with three pieces of bacon and eggs. Kairi is so sweet and I'm lucky to have her in my life, but wait till after Wrestlemania.

I dug in and her cooking is really delicious.

Me: Kairi?

Kairi: Yeah?

She walked over and I had to smash my lips on hers.

Me: You make the best breakfast ever. Thank-you.

Kairi: Anything for you. Oh, that reminds me:

She left to go grab something and I don't know what it was. When she returned, it was wrapped in birthday paper. It was big, but very light. She set it on the table with a smile.

Me: Your smile always makes me happy.

Kairi: Aww you're so sweet. Open it.

I opened it to see replica of the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP with the superstars' signatures! I was a little touched and almost in tears.

Kairi: Everyone knew how NXT meant to you. I had to ask Hunter to give away a replica of the title and have every single person sign it, including Cody.

Me: Cody signed it?

Kairi: He did.

I looked at the signature and that touched me even more. What was even more touching was that I got a letter from Hunter, until it pissed me off a bit.

"Hey kid,

I know it's your birthday and I just think, it would be better if you stayed home and celebrate. You deserve it. Happy birthday.

Hunter"

I can't take the day off. I wanna compete in the match. We have to get going.

Me: Hunter said that I don't have to compete in the Royal Rumble.

Kairi: What?! How's that fair?!

Me: It isn't, but I have to go. Come on.

We drove to the arena and we had to bring our gear. I was looking for Hunter and I saw him talking to Paul.

Me: Hunter.

He was surprised to see me here with Kairi.

Hunter: What are you doing here? You're supposed to be celebrating your birthday!

Me: I know but I wanna tell you something important. Kairi can you go for a bit?

Kairi: Okay.

She walked away to catering as I talked with Hunter.

Hunter: What's so important that you should be celebrating your birthday?

Me: It's this.

I showed the engagement ring to Hunter and he was wondering what I meant until he realized what the ring meant.

Hunter: You wanna propose to Kairi?

Me: Yeah. Please don't screw this up. Paul and I, we had an idea. I was going to win the rumble match, Brock is going to put me over almost every week, and at Wrestlemania, I win the Universal title. Then, after we leave, I'm booking a reservation at the finest restaurant and that's when I propose. Brock and I planned it as well, and he said that Kairi deserved to see me win the title. You object to that?

Hunter was a bit flustered but spoke in an honest way.

Hunter: No. I don't object.

Me: Alright. To be clear, I don't want any interruptions while this booking is going on.

?????: What interruptions?

We both looked down the hall and in came the roadblock himself, Vince MACKMahon himself. From what I know, my personal life is over.

Vince: Hunter? Who's this kid?

Hunter: This is "The Anarchist" Peter Reynolds. He's the one who led the company to war with AEW and put that company out of business.

We shook hands and Vince looked like he wasn't interested, until he recognized me.

Vince: You are the same son of a bitch who fired a tank on Cody Rhodes' car! That was some good shit!

(A/N: Oh I hate it when he says that!)

Me: Thank you Mr. McMahon.

Vince: Hey, it's my pleasure. How about you come to my office and we talk about your resume?

I knew he wants to get into my personal life as well. I have to make sure I deny it at all costs. I have no problem talking about my career, but if he does try to make me spill my relationship with Kairi to him, it's obvious: it's destroyed.

Me: Sure, Mr.-

Vince: Easy with the formalities, kid. Just call me Vince.

Me: Okay Vince.

We walked in his office and we are about to talk about my career.

Vince: Mind talking about yourself, your training and how you got into wrestling?

Me: Yeah. I was born in Toronto Ontario. My dad died in a DUI accident when I was 8 and that was when it made me realize that life isn't going to be fair and I must be rebellious to it. My mom worked 4 jobs to keep us afloat until we moved to Florida to start fresh. Not more than 5 months ago, I learned that she was in an accident and she died.

I was about to tear up and Vince offered me some alcohol, but I refused. He understood that I don't drink.

Me: And guess what?

Vince: What?

Me: I'm still here.

I pulled out my phone to show the matches that I wore paint.

Me: I paint my face because it's not a gimmick, it's not for "ha ha look at me I'm a" excuse my language "badass motherfucker", it's showing that I'm at war with the world whenever I'm in the ring.

I showed the barbed wire tattoo to show how tough I am, not just in the ring, but in life too.

Me: I got this tattoo after I got signed with NXT and, to me, it's a symbol of my toughness. For the past eight years, my blood, sweat, and tears got me to this company and I grew up watching WWE. I want to defend the company as if it was my own. And my goal in WWE, Vince, is to be accepted for me. That's what I want. It's to be accepted for who I am.

Vince: Wow. I didn't think it would be hard for you. Can you tell me about your career so I can get an idea?

Me: Sure. You won't believe it, but I was actually trained and mentored, by Chris Jericho, Y2J.

Vince: Woah. This is huge!

Me: It is. Since then, I've been using the knowledge he gave me and using it to my advantage in the ring. Have you seen the highlights from my career in NXT?

Vince: Besides you invading that company to declare war? Yeah! It was so awesome, kid! You and Adam Cole put on three clinics, where the last one ended with Roderick Strong throwing in the towel while Cole wasn't tapping out from the armbar! And your match with Cesaro, that's a moment no one will ever forget! I'm starting to regret not pushing Cesaro in the first place. I didn't how he could relate to the fans.

Me: You are?

Vince: Yes. Also, just to clarify, I've seen your relationship with a Kairi Sane.

Oh no. I'M FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!

Vince: I've seen how personal this is to you, and I won't intervene in anything. Hunter got through to me saying that I shouldn't intervene in my competitors' personal lives. That destroyed their careers and that resulted them in going to that AEW company.

Me: I'll give you a chance.

Vince: Good. Thank you.

Me: If you even try to screw it all up, Vince, I'll leave before my contract even expires.

Vince: It won't happen. Not while I'm here. I won't go into your life at all. Since I've seen your booking from Hunter-

Me: With all due respect, Vince. Most of that booking were my ideas. I put over Cesaro, I made that finish with Adam Cole in our third match. And the invasion in AEW, I was given the "okay" from Hunter do for that.

Vince: All of those ideas were yours?

Me: Yes sir.

Vince: With that said, I'm giving you the freedom to do what you do best. And on the souls of my children, I won't put your personal life in the storyline.

Me: Vince. That was what I wanted to hear. Thank-you.

Vince: Sure, kid. You have any ideas for me?

Me: I do in fact. I want Chris and his band Fozzy to sing my entrance song at Wrestlemania.

Vince: Okay.

He wrote it down to remind himself.

Vince: What's the song?

Me: "Judas".

Vince: Heard it before! It's so good, although I'd prefer AC/DC.

Me: Respectfully disagree on that band.

He and laughed and shocked hands.

Vince: I'll call Chris to see if he can do that in at Wrestlemania in New York.

Me: Right, but it all depends on the timing. I heard he's going on tour the end of January and all the way through the end of March. He'll be exhausted by then, but I know he'll be interested in doing that.

Vince: Do you think so?

Me: Yeah. His optimism is so contagious that it's hard to dislike him!

Vince: I intend to agree with you! You go on ahead, Pete. I'll handle the call from here.

As I stood up and about to walk out, he stopped me again.

Vince: Hey kid.

I looked back, and he said,

Vince: Happy birthday.

I shook his again, smiling.

Me: Thank you, Vince.

I walked out so I can be ready for the Royal Rumble.

And little did I know, there was a surprise appearance at number 30.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 401 18
WWE has signed the hottest free agent in Sports Entertainment, and the Raw and Smackdown after Wrestlemania he makes a huge splash in the company by...
65.8K 1.1K 23
Living dangerously, that's what many people are about. They think they're young rebels, too cool for school and so on. Then there are people like Y/N...
11.5K 137 20
Y/n Devon (known as Raven)has been Tag-team partners with Bianca Blair for 2 years trying to get the Women's Tag Team Championship. When one day Y/n...
3.9K 46 9
She just wants to be indifferent to her ex so she can finally move on. She's heard about Finn, but she doesn't really know him, and she's not sure wh...