Dreamtale Oneshots

By TeardropBlue

A book of Dreamtale oneshots I started writing in 2017 that gradually turned into an actual story by 2020. Th... More

Nightmares fear of dark
Dream finds a sword
Nightmare's nightmare
Dream's bed time story
Dreams fear of toasters
Nightmare hates ducks
Dream tries coffee
Dream destroys all the windows
Rainy day
My sunshine
Blissful
Peace Was Never an Option
Pillow fight and puns
Argument
Merry Christmas
When it rains
Broken Bones
Sticks and Stones
Sickness
Keith the Pet Rock's life
Night Terrors
Nightmare Likes Ducks
Games
May Break My Bones
I Will Keep You Safe
Compliments
Guilty Conscience
Childish
Dream's a Cat? Are You Kitten Me?
Nightmare Gets Therapy
Art Festival
Keep It All Inside
The Old Switcheroo
I'd Do Anything for You
Starry Nights Starry Eyes
Thunderstorm
Jealousy
Friends, huh?
Dream Destroys All of the Doors
Never Be Alone
I Can Show You the World
Malevolent Dreams
A Glimpse Into the Future
Sadness and Sorrow
Responsibility OCD
Relax
Dream Destroys Everything
Hide and Seek Tag Feat. Ink and Blue
Bittersweet Symphony
Easter Festival
Sleepover
It Used to Be Different
Superstitions
Clawsome Furrends
Addiction
Why Are You Afraid?
A Shattered Vision
The Promise
Dream and Blue Join Forces
Dream and Blue Visit Sugartale
Fireworks
Break My Mind
You Will Always Have Me
You Can't Understand
Nightmare Eyes
Our Name
Sweet Dreams
Trust
Lie to Me
You Are What You Are
Snap
Memory One
Brothers
I Love You
Loyalty
No Time to Regret
Blue Joins The Party
Error Joins The Party
Bonnie
Wistfully
Memory Two
Disbelief
Remorse
Ink Joins The Party
Bonnie Joins The Party
The Greatest Plan
Start Again

Breaking Point

1.4K 71 196
By TeardropBlue

Day 3 of trying to write this

It's been a while since I updated so I'll start this off with the paragraph from the last oneshot in case you forgot what happened

forlorn - pitifully sad and abandoned or lonely

Nightmare faltered, reaching out for the cape Dream had thrust in his face. Dream held his breath and stayed completely still, eyeing his brother with apprehension. His eyes widened as a stray, cyan tear built up in Nightmare's malformed eye and mixed in with the black gunk.

"Cape." Nightmare whispered, lightly grazing the lilac material with his gooey, tainted hand.

Blue let out a long, relieved sigh and turned to face Error.

"I'm so glad he remembers what a cape is." 

"You never fail to amaze me." Error mumbled, rolling his eyes at Blue's silly comment. "I can't wait to never see you again."

Dream disregarded the two now bickering skeletons, staring wide eyed and hopeful at his conflicted brother. It seems as if the corrupted guardian was battling with himself- half of him wants to reach out and take the cape while the other half wants to rip it to shreds along with his foolish brother and his friends.

'Just do it already.' 

The voice had never left him. Nightmare could still hear it loud and clear in his head, encouraging him to travel further down this dark and twisted path he'd chosen. He thought it would have left him alone after consuming the dark apples- after becoming it.

He's confused. He doesn't understand why he can't escape it. He doesn't understand all of these negative emotions- he thought he'd only be filled with rage and a desire to destroy everything that hurt him, so why does he feel guilty? He swallowed thickly, staring into his brother's saddened, forlorn eyes. So full of hope yet somehow looking so hopeless at the same time. It left a sour taste in the corrupted guardian's mouth.

"Please, you don't have to do this." Dream stammered, holding his other trembling hand out for Nightmare to take. "I can save you- we can save you. We're your friends, you still believe that right?"

'What are you waiting for- this is the perfect chance!' The voice barked, causing an aching pain in Nightmare's skull. The corrupted guardian seethed and he suddenly snapped out of his trance. He glared fiercely at his brother and with one swift swipe of a tentacle tore the lilac cape and smothered it in the same black gunk that coated him. The memory of the happy ending flashed before him momentarily. He knew it was now unreachable. He didn't care anymore. He closed his cyan eye, ignoring the strangled sob that his brother let out. 

"Stop trying to bring me back, Dream." Nightmare growled. "This is the path that I walk. Not you or anyone can change that."

He reopened his now blazing eye. It was a ferocious, fiery blue that pierced through Dream like a thousand knives and shook him to the core. Everything happened in slow motion. Nightmare lurched forwards with an outstretched hand, grabbing Dream by the cape and yanking him up mere inches away from his oozing face before hurling him across the room. Dream released a choked cry of pain as he made impact with the window, causing it to shatter and rain glass shards on him. Nightmare chewed on his gooey finger and laughed manically. Blue cried out for his friend and Error winced.

"Oh, Dream- even now you're still destroying our windows." 

"Now you've crossed the line, Nightmare." Error glowered, clenching his fists and baring his teeth. The 'ERROR' signs around him flickered and spasmed as if they too were disturbed. 

Blueberry's eye-lights vanished as he stared at his friend's disheveled, injured form. This has gone too far. 

Nightmare's eyelid drooped and he lazily grinned, shifting his gaze towards the two distressed skeletons and lowering his hand away from his mouth. Seeing them so riled up was hilarious- do they really think they can stop him? The idea was laughable.

"I won't let you hurt Dream anymore!" Blue yelled, taking a brave step forwards and summoning a bone. Error quickly held his arm out in front of the smaller skeleton, preventing him from taking any more steps forward. Blueberry didn't stand a chance against Nightmare. 

At least, that's what Error thinks.

"Just stay back, Blue." Error instructed, narrowing his eyes at Nightmare's smirking face. "I'll take care of this."

Nightmare snorted.

"And how do you plan to do that?" He taunted. "Only my brother's attacks can work on me and, well, I don't think he'll be getting up to fight any time soon."

Error and Blue simultaneously glanced at Dream. The guardian was barely awake- it looked as if he would drop unconscious any moment now. He was covered in cuts and glass shards, smears of blood staining his face and clothes. It was a gory sight that made the two feel nauseous.

Nightmare was right. Without Dream's light energy, the two were completely useless. Error cursed, frantically searching his mind for anything they could do to escape this situation yet nothing came to mind. Nightmare grinned toothily and chuckled quietly to himself. There's nothing they can do to stop him. 

Dream blearily peered at his brother and two struggling friends, tears welling up in his eye-sockets. He wished he could help them. 

Maybe he could.

The guardian glanced over at his blue staff with golden-yellow stars at each end that lay a few meters away from him. If he could just reach it then maybe he'd be able to transform it into a bow and shoot an arrow of positivity at his brother. 

No, he didn't have enough energy for that. With no positive emotions nearby he had no way of healing himself. Dream closed his eyes in a mix of frustration and exhaustion until an unlikely idea came to mind. He reopened them, locking his gaze onto Blue. He glimpsed between the staff and his friend, wondering if maybe somehow....

It was worth a shot- and it fails, well at least they tried.

Dream lifted a shaky, bloodied hand, waving slightly at the two skeletons. Nightmare wasn't paying attention to him, he was too busy laughing to himself. Error noticed the slight gesture and switched his focus onto Dream, nudging Blueberry when the guardian pointed at him. Blue peeked over at his fatigued friend, watching intently as Dream pointed towards the staff then back at him.

"Why is he calling me a staff?" Blue whispered to Error.

Error internally face-palmed.

"No, you numbskull- I think he wants you to use it."

Blue's eyes widened in realization and he nodded. Nightmare's maniacal laughter soon ceased. He raised a non-existent eyebrow and folded his gooey arms, staring at the two skeletons. They were up to something- he could see it in Blue's now starry eyes.

"What are you doing?" He snarled, startling Blueberry. 

"Oh- I was just thinking about uh, um." He stuttered before perking up. "Tacos! Boy, I sure do love tacos!"

Nightmare stared dumbfounded at the skeleton. His best friend was injured and him and Error are powerless against him yet all he cares about are tacos?

He supposed that's understandable.

With Nightmare now distracted, Error hastily lifted his hand to the tear-like stains on his face, creating some blue strings and stealthily latching onto Dream's staff. He waited, leaning slightly towards Blue so he could whisper something to him.

"Quick- make a noise to distract Nightmare."

Blue saluted and ran off into the kitchen. Nightmare, Error and Dream blinked in unison. 

"Where is he going?" Nightmare asked, narrowing his eyes at the destroyer.

"Uh, he's thirsty. He's getting a drink." Error stammered, nervously chuckling and rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

Blue suddenly returned holding Keith the pet rock and wasted no time in launching him across the room. He stayed silent for a moment.

"I think something just flew across the room- you might want to check it out."

Error's eye twitched.

Nightmare stared disinterestedly at the two however turned away and approached the rock. How dare he throw Keith.

Error wasted no time in snatching the staff over towards them and shoving it into Blue's hands.

"I don't know what Dream expects you to do with this- doesn't it only work with him?"

"Uh- yeah I think so." Blue answered.

Error frowned, furrowing his non-existent eyebrows.

"So what does he expect you to do with it?"

Blue shrugged.

"I'll just bash him with it!" He exclaimed with starry eyes.

Error opened his mouth to say something however was rendered silent as Nightmare stalked back over to the two with Keith in hand. His cyan eye instantly locked onto the staff in Blue's hands and he snarled, placing Keith on the table beside him.

"What are you doing with that?" He hissed, two more tentacles sprouting out of his back and arching down threateningly at Blueberry.

"Blue- use it." Dream called out, voice hoarse and cracking. 

Nightmare glared at his brother and stomped over to him, looming over Dream like a vulture on it's prey. Dream winced, avoiding eye-contact.

"You're a real nuisance." Nightmare seethed. "It's time you went to sleep."

Dream shrieked in agony as his brother violently kicked him in the rib-cage. His vision blurred and suddenly everything went hazy and dark. The last thing he heard before succumbing to the darkness was Blue screaming his name.

"Dream!" Blue yelled.

He gripped the staff, staring at his best friend and Nightmare with empty eye-sockets. This was the breaking point. Blue bared his teeth, his bones rattling lowly as he trembled.

"I truly believed that maybe we could save you, Nightmare." He growled, lifting the rod up and aiming it at the corrupted guardian's back.

Nightmare glanced behind him, scowling at Blueberry.

"I believed that you could change!" He raised his voice, taking a step forwards.

"But now I no longer believe in you."

--End--

AAAAHHDHFDGFDJGFGKHFLHK,GT;H

I don't know if this is any good I hope it is brush your teeth before you cross the road

The version I wrote yesterday was completely different cause Ink showed up but it was terrible so I scrapped it and the one before that Error was fighting Nightmare while Dream was knocked out but then I remembered normal attacks don't work on him so that got scrapped too

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 2.8K 100
First book One-Shots for any ships. Will do anything request, including •Angst •Fluff •Lemons May make into full books if wanted. All characters belo...
21.1K 641 42
Welp...here it is ꧁•••••꧂ One day...Ink was being reported as a murderer Ink always denying that he didn't killed his two best friends that was Dream...
31.8K 505 17
I wanted to make a yandere book, so here it is!!! You can ask for oneshots, friendship oneshots, but there will be no bad words, no inappropriate stu...
9.5K 113 20
This is mainly going to be a Killer and Nightmare One-shot book but that's only because I feel more comfortable writing about them. Also I'm not the...