The Emperor's Favorite (Dropp...

Від YERINHWAJ

Thanks to her talents and beauty, Jiao Wei enters the Imperial Harem and starts a long journey from begin a l... Більше

Author Note and Character Profile
Imperial Harem Ranking System
1. The Forbidden City
2. Imperial Concubine Chun
3. The First Night
4. Unexpected News
5. The Secret Date (ruined)
6. Imperial Concubine Jian
6.2 / Update on the ranks of the Harem + a little message!
8. The Banquet
9. Dear Sister
10. Pregnant
Notice
I might comeback
I finally returned?
11. The Fourth Princess
12. A New Start
14. Princess Uisun
15. The Selection
16. The Sun and The Moon
Updates on the Royal Harem (1-16) + some things :)
17. Summer Heat
18. Cold Palace
19. The Emperor's Birthday
20. The Empress

13. My Beloved

1.8K 48 5
Від YERINHWAJ

The photo I used as the chapter cover is Princess Uisun, during the banquet's performance.
The photo I used it's not mine, credit to the rightful owner.

-

"Why His Majesty didn't tell about the new concubine to the Imperial Noble Consort?"

The Emperor looked worried about mentioning the concubine to Imperial Noble Consort Qi, so Jiao Wei wanted to understand why, to share his worries, like a wife would do.
"We didn't want to worry Imperial Noble Consort, – replied the Emperor, – since the new concubine is the sister of the King of Joseon."

This was a new news for Jiao Wei, since when the Emperor spoke to her last night, he didn't mention the background of the concubine.
"The only sister of the king? Princess Uisun?"

Noble Lady Shun was a princess, but of illegitimate line, meanwhile Princess Uisun wasn't only the only sister of the King, they also have the same mother, the current Queen Dowager.

"Yes my beloved, Princess Uisun, We're worried about what title We should give to her, – the Emperor then toke Jiao Wei's hands, – We don't want to offend the King of Joseon, also we don't want to give many power to the Princess."

'So thats why he seemed worried', thought Jiao Wei, "Your Majesty, Noble Lady would be alright for the start, but the Korean Royal Family might feel offended from this, but Imperial Concubine is too high for a new concubine." she replied.

"So instead, – Jiao Wei then toke the tea and served it to the Emperor, – should we give the Princess Uisun the rank of Noble Lady but with a title?" as continued to talk, Jiao Wei looked at the Emperor expression, trying to figure out if she talked too much, or if he was pleased by her idea.

"My beloved, what a wonderful idea!, – then Emperor elegantly toke a sip of the tea, as he continued to speak, – we shall give her the rank of Noble Lady, with the title of Yu."

After solving the issue with Princess Uisun, the couple continued to cuddle and eat some refreshments, that the maids bought before, until a sudden news came from the Emperor's eunuch, "Your Majesty, Consort Xi is pregnant."

-

"Wonderful! another Royal child is coming!" the Empress Dowager was at Consort Xi's palace, along the Emperor and other concubines; after the notice of Consort Xi's pregnancy, the harem was in uproar, all the favorite concubines are pregnant, that means another Prince might come soon.

Consort Xi was in her bed smiling as she replied, "Empress Dowager, it's this concubine blessing to be able to produce a Royal child."

"This old one is very happy to have many grandchildren, – the Empress Dowager then looked towards Consort Zhen, – also Consort Zhen blessed the country carrying twins, this one is truly happy."

"Royal Mother, please rest assured that We will take care of our concubines."

The Emperor knew his Royal Mother was worried about the Royal Heir issue, so he tried to bed as many concubines possible, so after other Royal Heirs would be born, he will be dedicated to his favorite.

"Emperor, – the Empress Dowager looked worried to her son, – the Korean King will come sooner than we thought, you shall prepare a residence for them in the Palace."

"This son already prepared the Palace of Eternal Benevolence for the King's, his envoys and their families to reside in."

"Good, Good! It's a big Palace suited for a King,– replied the Empress Dowager, – this old one shall now retire, Consort Zhen, come with us.", The Empress Dowager favor was rare, since most of the time she spends time praying and walking in her residence, the Summer Palace, but for both Consort Zhen and Consort Xi that was different. The latter is the niece of the Empress Dowager, from her maiden clan, as for Consort Xi, she was one of the first concubines of the Emperor, and the only one with a good behavior in the Empress' Dowager mind.

The two family members step out of Consort Xi's palace, as they started to take a walk towards the Summer Palace.
"This old one is sorry to not spend much time with our adorable niece." started talking the Empress Dowager.

"This concubine is grateful for Empress Dowager's favor, your precious self shouldn't say so, – Jiao Wei stopped walking and bowed to the old Empress, – pin qie is grateful for the Empress Dowager thoughtful care."

"This old one is grateful that Consort Zhen thinks so, – then she looked at her niece, – soon more concubines will come in the harem. Even if the past concubine selection was just half and a year ago, the ministers are asking for a new one."

"This concubine understands, – Jiao Wei then smiled briefly at her aunt, – I shall talk to the Emperor."

"You're so smart and thoughtful, – replied the Empress Dowager, – this old one will not worry anymore knowing Consort Zhen is at His Majesty's side."

-

"So this is the Forbidden City?" an elegant lady was looking out of her luxurious carriage, as they enter the Palace, the personal maid of the girl, started to speak, "Yes Princess, this is the Imperial Palace, the Forbidden City."

"Did you manage to do what I asked?" the foreign beauty looked with a serious gaze her servant, as the latter replied, "Yes Princess, there are currently ten concubines including your precious self, the highest ranking is Imperial Noble Consort Qi, she bore to the Emperor the only Prince, the First Prince."

"There is more right?"

"Yes Princess, – the maid didn't want to anger her master, like it happened in the past, so she was always careful to speak, – there are currently three favored concubines, Imperial Concubine Xian, Imperial Concubine Chun, Consort Xi and Consort Zhen, all of them are currently pregnant, except the first one."

"Currently Uh?" Princess Uisun was looking out of the window while trespassing the Imperial Gate, as she looks at her maid, she smirks.

"Tell Oraeboni to prepare my performance."

"Yes, Princess."

-

As the Empress Dowager finally retired to the Summer Palace, Jiao Wei decided to take a stroll on the main Imperial Garden, as she steps in the Could Pavillon, near the lake, she notices that there is Consort Hua, accompanied by her personal maid, looking with lovely eyes her daughter, the Second Princess, and a nanny that was carrying the one month old Fourth Princess.

As Jiao Wei arrives, also accompanied by her personal maids, does a short bow, as Consort Hua is her elder, "Greetings to Jiejie, – as she smiles, she stands up, – what a beautiful sight, the most beloved Princesses of the Empire and one of the most beautiful flower of the high society, Consort Hua."

Consort Hua immediately looks at Jiao Wei with an angry expression, "Now Meimei just got promoted to Fei and got from the Emperor the title Zhen, – she then gestures the maid and the nanny to bring the children back to her residence, – If i'm the flower, you're the blooming lotus."

As the maids receive the signal from their master, they bring the Second Princess and the Fourth Princess with them, towards Consort Hua's Palace. When Consort Hua was sure her kids where away from them, she continued to speak, "What do you want from me?"

"Please Jiejie, I didn't mean to bring trouble, – Jiao Wei continued to smile, – I just accompanied the Empress Dowager to the Summer Palace, and decided to take a walk, this concubine didn't thought that she would meet Consort Hua."

"Trouble? Didn't mean? When you arrived, everything went wrong for me, – Consort Hua was begin composed, but from her facial expression it didn't look like that, – I was his beloved, and now you've taken my place."

"Don't forget that the highest you rise, – Consort Hua started coming towards Jiao Wei and stopped just behind her, – the highest you will fall." As she finished to speak, Consort Hua walked away, towards her Palace, meanwhile Jiao Wei remained in her place.

"NiangNiang, what should we do?" asked the maid to Jiao Wei, then the latter simply replied with a emotionless face, "Nothing."

-

At the Palace of Universal happiness, precisely in the side hall, sat Imperial Concubine Xian, looking out of the window, only seeing sunrise, nothing more. Meaning she had another, sleepless night. Since Jiao Wei got promoted, she didn't had a chance to speak to her, that worried her not only because of the recent rumors, also for the banquet. Since now Jiao Wei's twin pregnancy is revealed, many enemies will try to poison to kill or abort her babies, but thankfully the Emperor resolved this problem. But Ling Xue's worries for her bestfriend wouldn't stop. (t/n. Imperial Concubine Xian's name)

Even if many didn't notice her, that's essential for her life, since begin in the spotlight, wouldn't help for her survive in this cage. She has a powerful background, the Eldest Daughter of the Minister of Education, a first-rank Marquis. Her mother is the legal wife, and also her from a powerful background: she was one of the Mongol Noble Daughters that were given as wifes for the highest ranking Ministers, and one of them was her dear mother.
So it would be right to say that she is half-blooded, but thats what makes Ling Xue unique, she has what many would call an exotic beauty.

Back to the present, Ling Xue was heading to Jiao Wei's Palace, in her palanquin, accompanied by her maids and eunuchs. While Passing for the
Palace of Eternal Benevolence, she spots a far more luxurious palanquin than hers, with a beautiful and elegant lady on it.
Both of the palanquins suddenly stopped, Xue noticed a maid whispering to her master, 'They're probably telling them I'm Imperial Concubine Xian.'

"Greetings Imperial Concubine Xian, I'm the Royal Princess Princess Uisun, of Joseon."

'As I thought'

"Greetings Princess Uisun, pin qie thanks the Princess for the greetings, – as Princess Uisun tried to speak, Ling Xian continued the conversation flawlessly, – this concubine is busy right now, pin qie shall retire."

Without waiting for a reply, Imperial Concubine Xian gave a signal to the eunuchs to stand up and depart; the palanquin was fast and soon, within second, Ling Xue was already far away.

'How dare she, she will pay for this!'

Meanwhile Princess Uisun was trying to remain calm and composed, to give justice to her title, Ling Xue arrived at Jiao Wei's Palace, after entering the main hall, she was accompanied by a maid to the side hall, where Jiao Wei was.

As she enters the small but luxurious hall, she let out a little gasp when she saw that the Emperor was here along Jiao Wei, she immediately bowed, "Greetings to the Emperor and NiangNiang."

"Don't worry about formalities here, We know you're close to our beloved since the start, – the Emperor smiled gently, – stand up and sit here close to us."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Ling Xue smiled as she saw Jiao Wei smiling at her. The Emperor favored the friend duo since the beginning, knowing they were both talent and good tempered. Jiao Wei was now the favorite, but that doesn't mean the Emperor forgot Imperial Concubine Xian. The Emperor was also planning to try to have a child with Imperial Concubine Xian, knowing that Jiao Wei wouldn't be jealous of her, also since she was the only favored concubine not pregnant yet.

As Ling Xue toke a seat next to Jiao Wei, the Emperor started to speak, "To let also Imperial Concubine Xian know, Princess Uisun, the only sister of the King, will be given the title of gui ren (Noble Lady) with the title of Yu."

"Your Majesty, pin qie meet the Princess before coming here, we greeted each other and parted ways, – as Ling Xue continued to speak, she took notice of the Emperor surprised expression, – also, may this concubine ask something?"

"Yes, you may ask."

"Why His Majesty didn't give to Princess Uisun the rank pin (Imperial Concubine) and instead the Princess was given the rank of gui ren with a special title?"

"It was my beloved's idea, she will explain why."

"To not give the Princess power, but also to not offend the Korean Royal Family." The Emperor looked at Jiao Wei with loving eyes, and Ling Xue was quite shocked about this, she didn't expect that her friend would be so smart.

"This concubine compliments Jiejie for her brilliant idea!", As the trio continued to chat, refreshment and tea every hour, and the Emperor explained to Imperial Concubine Xiang his ideas to protect Jiao Wei, night came fast. Suddenly, Jiao Wei had an idea that would make her friend happy, "Your Majesty, instead of spending the night with me, please accompany Imperial Concubine Xian to her palace to spend the night with her."

The Emperor, as a thoughtful husband, agreed with his beloved, since she was the first one who gave the idea, the Emperor wasn't worried that Jiao Wei might be jealous, "My beloved, we shall see eachother tomorrow at the banquet, We shall now retire." As the Emperor toke the blushing Ling Xue, the eunuch followed both them, "Make way for His Majesty!" he said.

Jiao Wei remained in the side hall finishing to eat the leftovers of the last refreshments, until a maid came up to her and spoke, "NiangNiang, why you gave a chance to Imperial Concubine Xian?" Jiao Wei looked at her maid, and hurriedly replied, "She's my best friend, also instead of my sister or other concubines, I prefer her under the Emperor's sheets, – then she looked at the maid with a tired face, – and I'm six months pregnant, how do you expect me to serve in bed? Hurry and go to prepare a hot bath with rose oil."

"Shi"

-

It was the day of the Imperial banquet, in the end the venue where the big event will be held, is the Pavillon of Eternal Spring, the biggest Pavillon in the Imperial Palace, situated near the outskirts of the Forbidden City, escaping the suffocating sensation an Imperial Palace has on its residents.

The Pavillon was throughly decorated following both the traditions and customs of the two powerful dynasties, symbolizing the union between the Emperor and Princess Uisun, it was probably even greater than the ceremony for Imperial Noble Consort Qi entering the Palace, the latter probably is fuming with jealousy right now. But nobody, other than the trio, knew that Princess Uisun will be give a low rank, Noble Lady, or gui ren.

As you enter the Pavillon, you can see that at the right, ministers of both nations sat drinking and chatting, while on the left, women of both nationalities were eating some refreshments served before the start of the banquet; Princess Uisun was yet to arrive, along her brother, the King, and the Imperial Family. Consort Zhen was seating close to the emperor, just behind Imperial Noble Consort Qi, since Noble Consort Shu was sick and couldn't attend, her place would be obviously taken by one of the three consort, the most favored out of the three of them was Jiao Wei.

The Prime Minister was also present at the banquet today, accompanied by his first wife, he was chatting with her about their daughter, "Wife, even if our daughter is the Imperial Noble Consort, now three concubines are pregnant, two of them are consort, also that Consort Zhen, she's really pregnant with twins, look how big her belly is!", the old man was fuming while speaking to his wife, when he heard the news about the twins, he almost went insane, "Also, – he continued, – two foreign Princesses already entered the harem, and probably soon the concubine selection will be approved in court, – the Prime Minister looked worried at his wife, – tell to our daughter that she must bore a Royal Prince again if she wants the Empress throne."

"Don't worry husband, I already asked a meeting with her early when she entered the Pavillon, – the old woman looked at her husband smiling, – I will make sure to make her the Empress, at any means."

While the couple were discussing their own plans, Jiao Wei looked with curiosity Imperial Consort Qi, that sat next to her, as the look was replied by the latter, Jiao Wei started the conversation, "Does NiangNiang know which Korean Noble Family will give their daughter to the Emperor?" she asked innocently.

"No, – replied the master of the harem, then she asked, – does Meimei know who will be the new concubine?"

"Niangniang, pin qie knows who will be the new concubine, – replied Jiao Wei, – it's the Royal Princess Uisun, the sister of the King."

Imperial Noble Consort's expression was blank, she didn't believe her junior's words. 'The Princess? Princess Uisun? That thing will bring nothing but trouble, – thought Imperial Noble Consort, – she will try to seduce the Emperor another time!', her thoughts were stopped by the eunuch announcement, "Announcing the arrival of His Majesty the Emperor, Her Majesty the Empress Dowager accompanied by His Majesty the King of Joseon, and Her Highness the Royal Princess Uisun."

The four Royals elegantly steps in the main hall of the Pavillon, all the people present bow to their sovereigns, showing respect and loyalty, the Emperor, after he toke a seat to the throne, started to speak, "You may all rise."

"Thank you your Majesty", all the subjects rise up and toke back their seat; the King of Joseon seated next to the Emperor, and Princess Uisun next to her brother, facing both Imperial Consort Qi and the three Consorts, the closest begin Jiao Wei.

After everyone toke their seat, the Emperor announced the start of the banquet.

"May the banquet start."

-

hello everyone! 2.9k words?? probably the longest chapter i wrote so far, hope you enjoyed it!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

his heartless bride Від kim_snowflake

Історичні романи

157K 6.5K 35
"you are just a replacement, don't except anything from me" he said "agreed" she said not even bothering him with a glance "you will be my wife in na...
Empire of Righteousness Від AmayaValery

Історичні романи

243K 15.7K 139
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
JUNOON || جنون Від Ira

Історичні романи

13.3K 714 22
An arranged marriage between two contrasting yet similar people. Will it work? Urwa Shah A nineteen year old girl filled with dreams. A strict father...
Erica Від Sam

Історичні романи

2.8M 152K 89
They say her voice was once bewitching to all who heard it. She was like a siren luring sailors to their deaths on quiet nights... Those are just rum...