That April In The Rain

By Sara_Hoffman

"If I were you, I would never believe them", it was hard to see his expression, due to the heavy rain, drench... More

Beginnings and Blue Eyes
Best Friend Things
SAM
Introductions and Glances
Team FRIENDS
Damn Hot
Slow Mindless
Nights
Oh Boy!
What have I got to loose?
We're Cool?
Ignorance
I missed you
Air Dancer
Horrendous Potion
SexyBack

Drawn to Her

38 9 6
By Sara_Hoffman

This chapter is dedicated to @savage_mind09. She's an extremely sweet girl, and has been very supportive.

Let me know if you liked this chapter, and click the star button at the bottom of your screen.

Sam

I parked my car in the parking and made my way towards my classes, when I heard Adam call me, I turned around and groaned when I saw who he was accompanied with. None other than Jessica and her friend Bethany. They did not just understand that I was not interested in them, they wont budge, some will power they've got there. Most of them were just after my money, every bit of them was just a façade, with an ulterior motive. I dont know how I earned the bad boy reputation, but one thing that I was not, was a player. I was not into relationships, and banging girls left right, I had my fair share of hook ups, but it was always clear to the both of us, what we were doing. But Jessica she doesnt understand, she's annoyingly persistent. But Myla, Myla was..... "Hey Sammy", Jessica made a noise, trying to be sexy, her idea of sexy was shit to me."Coming to the party, tonight?" one day, she will claw my muscles off of my biceps. Why did I even come here, oh right Adam. "No", I said, and moved past her to Adam, I could hear her whispering with Bethany, I didn't care to listen, "Sammy, I was really hoping you could come, it wont be a party without you." I wish she came with a mute button or something. Before I could answer Adam spoke, "He'll be there Jessica dont worry." Jessica squealed and left for her classes. "He doesnt even have to try!" Ryder whined, he literally whined. "Dude do you really think I want all this attention, if anything I want to get rid of it, especially Jessica."

"Just pass them on to me then." Ryder said which earned him a smack from Luke, when did he come?. Luke was a very disciplined man with a lot of values, he wouldn't handle any disrespectful words about women, no matter who. Which was one of his qualities why Karen fell for him. I respected this man for his values. Whereas, Ryder was completely opposite, they were cousins. Ryder was a womaniser, first when I met him, I thought dude was a sex addict. He was a nice person, but highly immature. Adam and I were buddies since high school, but he went on telling everyone that we were cousins, when I asked him about it, he just shrugged and said that it was just for fun, Rachel is one of the many people who thinks that we were cousins. "I'm gonna tell Rachel that youre completely whipped, and she has you wrapped around her little finger." I said leaning against his car, with my arms crossed on my chest. Adam had completely fallen for her, but was being a pussy instead of confessing to her. "What did I miss?" came in Matt, while patting Luke on the back. Matt was a very silent person, but he was a hell observant person. Matt was a really cool guy, once you get to know him. "Sam's just on his periods and being cranky about seeing Jessica at the party." Adam answered, "Ahh, thats tough, you know I'd rather have periods than being chased around by her" Matt commented, told you, hes a cool guy. I just chuckled and shook my head when a black oddly familiar car passed by us. "I got to go, see you guys tonight at the party." Luke started walking off. "What's the rush man?" Matt asked him, "He's just going early to help Karen with her lipstick." Ryder started making kissing sounds, we all laughed, Luke just showed us the finger, but what caught my attention was behind Luke. There she was, rounding her black Chevrolet, no doubt I found the car familiar, after all it was the same car that started everything .

She was looking in our direction, then I realized she was looking at me, something in my stomach fluttered. Man, I sound like a teenage girl, this is what she did to me. This is what, Myla did to me. I smirked at her and raised my head a little in a whats up manner, she held my gaze for a second or two looked at her watch, and started speed walking, skipping steps to the class. I smiled to myself, she was so cute when she got all flustered and uncomfortable. I knew she was trying to get to class early to avoid all the attention when she came in late. The first day when she came to the class late, I thought she'd pass out, she was that uncomfortable. Last night I was hoping I'd lose the match with Rachel, which I did, just my luck, because as the deal said, losers would be designated drivers. Rachel and Adam were party animals, and couldn't go without drinking and once drunk, you couldn't catch hold of them, Ryder would be busy looking to be laid. Matt would as usual be leaving the party early, nobody could figure out why, till date. Being with Luke and Karen when they were together was as good as being alone. All of this would lead to me spending some time with Myla. I feel like a creep, but there was something about her that drew me to her. I wanted to know everything about her. She was different, and had all my attention. She was beautiful in her own way. The politeness in her voice, the way she smiled, the way she looked away and tuck her hair behind her ear when she was shy, she didn't blush, hell the girl didn't blush at all. Yes, I wanted to know her, I wont beat around the bush, I was attracted to her. This was all new to me.

I hear my phone ring, I slide it out of my pocket to see who it is, but I wish I didn't. All the good mood I had previously from seeing Myla went down the drain. Everything was just too messed up, I just wish he would have died in the accident that day, instead of her. But things just dont work the way we want them to. No matter, we want it or not, whether we need it or not, some things were just a part of our life and there was no way to get rid of them. I ignore the call, and try to concentrate on what Ryder is telling. My phone goes off again, I knew I had to take this call, there was no other option. I tell the guys that I'll catch them later, when Adam gives me a knowing look. He was there when all of it happened, he knew the haywire everything was. I'm really grateful he stood by me. But something still didn't feel right, I found myself alone even in a crowded place at times, things wouldn't go back to normal, she wouldn't come back. That's one of the reasons why I came back from California, I was running away from it, I didn't want to face it. "What, now?" I say into the phone, only to be greeted by a dreadful laugh.

Myla

I reached in time to my class, thank. good. lord. I just can't handle one more day with all the eyes on me and let alone Mrs Stupid with her disappointed look. Talk of the devil and the devil arrives, Mrs stupid made her way inside. She started teaching immediately, does she even know that we are living creatures and we are supposed to breathe or it will lead to death. Throughout the class I found myself glancing at the door. I did see him this morning, he was in this class with me, then where was he now? Why did I even care!? Uhhhh I was just curious, you know since he came to college but was not in class, just curious, nothing else. He was leaning against Adam's car when I drove in, he was shaking his head smiling at something. He had one of the best smiles I had ever seen. He had a personality which caught your attention without your knowledge. But his eyes, his eyes were the purest of blue, which had a glint in them when he was planning something stupidly evil. When I got out of my car, I couldn't help but check him out, come on I'm still a girl, even though he is supremely cocky, he's equally hot, or even more than that. He looked away from Luke and stared at me, instantly the smile was replaced with a smirk and he lifted his head slightly, in a very boyish manner, hot, so hot. I checked my watch and started walking to my class quickly. My heart was beating a little faster, I convinced myself that it was because of the walking and had nothing to do with smirky, that's a nice name, suits him.

The door opened and in came smirky himself, with all his glory, climbed up the stairs without sparing a look to anybody and sat beside me. Something just didn't feel right. He didn't even acknowledge my presence or look at me. I turned in front, but my mind was filled with a hundred thoughts, about what was bothering him, or did I do something. One of those thoughts which bothered me the most was that, why, did it matter to me so much, why, did I want to be there for him, why did I feel disappointed that he didn't even say a "Hi", well, he did look normal in the parking lot, was it that, that I didn't reply to him there. No, it can't be that. I let out a sigh and started doodling in my book, it doesnt matter I told myself. But I did see him look at me in my peripheral vision. I didn't look at him, he occupied a majority of my thoughts already, it scared me, we hardly know each other, I don't even know his last name, okay I do know his last name, Rachel did tell me. Never had any guy have this effect on me, all of this was happening so suddenly, was so new to me, was different, I was terrified. Soon it was the end of the period, Sam rushed out immediately.

I headed out to meet Rachel and Karen. We sat at the usual table in the cafeteria, "So, Karen, you're coming with us to our home, and all three of us are leaving together to the party, are you sure Luke would be able to handle you not entering the party with him?" Rachel teased Karen. "Shut up Rach, we're not even that together all the time, as much as you guys tease us."

"Haha, yeah right, I know you guys for only one week, and I completely agree with you Karen, completely"

Karen pointed a French fry at me, "Up your sarcastic ass." Rachel and I laughed. "Bethany is back guys, Jessica alone was so annoying, now Bethany will also be tagging around everywhere, if she tries hitting on Luke this time, I'll run her over with a bus, she can have Sam, I feel bad for him, but it's better than hitting on my boyfriend." Throughout the sentence the change in Karen's expressions were so quick, from excited about gossip, to angry and then sympathetic. Sam really did get a lot of attention. Okay, no, not thinking about him.

"Didn't you guys say the party is this weekend, then why tonight I questioned."

"Myles here in New York, the weekend starts from Friday evening itself." Karen grinned like a Cheshire cat, definitely a party animal, another Rachel like creature. We continued talking, where most of it involved, Rachel being excited about getting drunk after a long time and warning me about keeping my end of the deal and being the designated driver. She even told Karen the whole story about last night, including every single detail, every tiny detail, they literally ganged up against me, teasing me. But I enjoyed being with them, Karen really was a sweet and happy go person. Something told me the both of us would grow really close, just like Rachel and I.

We were all sprawled in my bedroom getting ready for the party. Rachel wore a hot red dress, which fitted her body like a second skin. She braided her hair and was currently working on her makeup. She was looking so hot, Adam would drool all over the dance floor, just by looking at her, that was for sure. Karen was like Lightning McQueen, she was speed, when it came to makeup, getting ready, picking out dresses for others, she did them with perfection. She wore a green shimmer dress, which came just above her knee, finished with her makeup, already in her heels, she sat on my bed texting Luke and passing comments on us in between, about how slow we were and how we would be the reason for her being late to the party. Karen even did my makeup, I told her not to go all heavy makeup on my face, she just gave me a "don't tell me what to do look" and did my makeup, the main highlights were my eyes and lips. She gave my eyes a slightly smoky look, and applied red lipstick. I left my hair open, which reached a little below my collar bone. I wore a black dress, with 3/4th sleeves and a silver zip, it hugged all my curves perfectly, and ended just above my knees. It was a simple sexy dress, not too revealing and was hell comfortable. I paired it with my white shoes. I really cant live without my shoes.

"Are you seriously wearing shoes to a party?" I turned around to find Karen looking at me wide eyed. "Nobody can come in between her and her love for shoes Karen, you can't convince her." I just stuck my tongue out at Rachel, and she got back to applying her mascara.

Karen argued with me for nearly fifteen minutes on how I shouldn't wear shoes, to which I stated that it is a cute look. She said I was supposed to look hot, I looked hot and I would look hotter if I wore the black heels. The arguments she shooted at me, had my head spinning. At the end she brought a glass of water and emptied it on my shoes. So that,s the reason why, I'm standing here, in heels, outside this house where the party is held, and cursing Karen. It was a frat house, obviously they're the ones who would go so over the board with parties. The dance floor was already filled with people dancing, grinding and doing what not, ughh! We made our way to the kitchen, Rachel and Karen immediately jumped to do shots, I laughed at their excitement. "Hey there, Myles", Ryder came and greeted me, he was wearing his typical all black outfit with black t-shirt, black leather jacket and black jeans. "What is Mr. Casanova doing alone at a party?" I smiled at him, "Well, I am with a beautiful lady who looks damn hot tonight, aren't I?" Damn hot, it was as if he was teasing me, but the look on his face didn't say so, it was the first time today that I thought about him after what happened in class, I shook my head and gave a Ryder a smile "Well thank you but careful, if Karen or Rach hear you, even your flirting skills wont save you." a look of horror crossed his features and I laughed, they really did torture him a lot. "Hey handsome, wanna dance?" a girl came in really short dress and threw herself at him, "Sure sweetheart." he said and looked at me I made a gagging face, he just laughed "Catch you later Myles." and he was gone in the crowd. I saw a figure, a familiar figure, his back was to me, he was near the couch area and wore a black jacket, a little hint of his navy-blue shirt beneath his black jacket could be seen near his butt, was that Sam? "Hey!" Jessica came up to me and smiled at me, wait she smiled at me, "I never got to talk to you properly, I was a little busy", yeah, busy throwing yourself at Sam, "Yeah, right, so, how's it going?" Really Myla, how's it going. "Oh its going great, here, have this, you're at a party loosen up." she offered me a red cup. "Uhh, no thanks, actually I'm the designated driver I can't drink." where is Rachel, this situation is awkward. "It's just fruit punch dummy, have it." I took the cup from her and smiled at her, did she really call me a dummy? "I go to go, it was nice talking to you" with that she went away, she didn't even wait for my reply, I took a sip of the punch, and moaned, it was really good.

I was searching for these two girls who abandoned me, I will kill them with my insults when I find them. Oh, there she is, Karen, okay not going there, she's busy making out with Luke, I think one of them will end up swallowing the other's face. I took another sip of my punch and headed to find Rachel, when someone stumbled in to me and my cup fell, with all the divine tasting punch now on the floor. The culprit was long gone.

After a little while of searching Rach and coming up with nothing, my head started spinning slightly, I need fresh air, I was making my way to the door, past all the drunkards when Buttons by David Davis started playing, ahh there's the door, that,s when he entered. He was walking in, wearing a navy-blue button up shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows, paired with black jeans. His hair was messy and he looked insanely hot, the background music with buttons playing just added on to the fuel. Damn! Somebody stop the music, it,s too much to handle with him in front of me, it was as if this music was made for him. Suddenly, I found myself standing in front of him, that's when our eyes met, and my breath hitched.

"Myla", he said in a husky voice.

..

A/N: Let me know what you think about this chapter in the comments.

Thank you for giving this book a try.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 486 68
"You were worried about me, Specs?" He smirked. "No, Tyler. I hoped that someone cut up your corpse and fed it to paranas. Obviously I was, you idiot...
4.7K 95 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
33.1K 1.1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
117 0 12
Rain. bad has never felt anything but good for us, until it didn't. a life full of him as my best friend, and my partner in crime came to an end whe...