Chatoyant College Book 7: Upo...

بواسطة clarekrmiller

As Edie falls deeper into her relationship with Leila, her friends worry about her. The revelation about her... المزيد

Prologue: The Dream
Chapter 1: Get Our Blood Moving
Chapter 2: A Picnic
Chapter 3: Embarrassment
Chapter 4: The Haunted Sticker
Chapter 5: It's Real Food
Chapter 6: Dreams and Visions
Chapter 7: Curious
Chapter 8: Not That Long
Chapter 9: Pizza
Chapter 10: Dream Posters
Chapter 11: Digging in Dirt
Chapter 12: Poster Experiments
Chapter 13: Faeries in the Department
Chapter 14: Theories
Chapter 15: Invited
Chapter 16: Candy
Chapter 17: Party Time
Chapter 18: Antlers
Chapter 18: Antlers
Chapter 19: Painting
Book 7 now on Smashwords!
Chapter 20: Dancing
Chapter 21: Thresholds
Chapter 22: Under the Influence
Chapter 23: Sleeping
Chapter 24: Empty Campus
Chapter 25: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 26: Halloween Ball
Chapter 27: Escape
Chapter 28: ID
Chapter 29: Over the Wall
Chapter 30: Cold Morning
Chapter 31: Don't Tell Me
Chapter 33: Craft Fair
Chapter 34: Globe
Chapter 35: Glitter
Chapter 36: Hair Brushing
Chapter 37: Unusual Interest
Chapter 38: A Tumble
Chapter 39: Dolls
Chapter 40: Science and Magic
Chapter 41: A Talk
Chapter 42: Thread
Chapter 43: Needling
Chapter 44: Brandon
Chapter 45: Vanished
Chapter 46: Searching
Chapter 47: The Path
Chapter 48: Following the Path
Chapter 49: Men Sell Not Such in Any Town
Chapter 50: Faerie Food
Chapter 51: Magical Pranks
Chapter 52: Questions
Chapter 53: Rules
Chapter 54: Come Buy
Chapter 55: The Rat-Faced Spoke a Word
Chapter 56: Stormy Weather
Chapter 57: Conference
Chapter 58: Gone or Invisible
Chapter 59: Friends
Chapter 60: Power
Book 7 Is Complete!

Chapter 32: Breakfast

5 1 0
بواسطة clarekrmiller

Showered and refreshed and shoveling omelette into her mouth (she was more hungry than she had even realized), Edie felt much better, but listening to Corrie's explanation still freaked her out. Not only had Dawn acted like she was high the night before, but Corrie had gone into the woods by herself and gotten way too close to the faerie ball. "So I don't even know what to do," she finished. "I kind of want to talk to Professor Lal, but I'm also kind of scared to, especially after seeing her at the ball. There aren't that many faeries we trust."

"There's one, at least," Dawn said firmly. "Tom."

"Yeah, but he was there last night, and he didn't do anything."

Dawn shook her head. "But you couldn't find him, right? He might not have even known. I think he's the best place to start, at least."

"I could try asking Leila, too," Edie offered. "She might know this antler-headed guy. She had told me the faerie court has a ball for Halloween."

Corrie grimaced. "Can we not split up for today, at least?"

"You're one to talk," Edie teased.

"I know. I guess that's why I want to stick together right now."

"Hi guys!" Annie said, grinning and sitting herself down next to Edie. "Are you already finishing breakfast? You're up early." Roe joined them as well, sitting across from Annie.

"We all had kind of interesting nights," Edie told her with a sigh. "What about you? What did you do for Halloween?"

"I stayed home," she said vehemently. "I wasn't even going to try leaving the dorm with all kinds of parties and who knows what else going on out there."

"That probably would have been a good idea," Corrie grumbled. "No weird dreams, I hope?"

"Not that I remember."

"Oh, did you have any David Bowie dreams?" Edie asked, remembering their idea about the posters. She hadn't slept in her own bed last night, so it hadn't been properly tested yet.

Corrie shook her head. "I don't remember any dreams last night. I guess I was too tired. Did you do anything last night, Roe?"

"No, not even my usual vision study. Professor Strega wanted to skip it yesterday." Roe shrugged. "I guess I had the same thinking as Annie. On a day when spirits and stuff are supposed to move between worlds... especially at a college that teaches magic and employs faeries, it didn't seem like a good idea to go out and let them see you."

"That's what Rico and Duncan said too," said Dawn. "In fact, Duncan was going to light some candles in their room to keep the spirits out. I probably should have stayed with them."

"Why?" said Annie, alarmed. "What happened?"

"I don't know," she said with a sheepish smile. "I'm okay, but I don't remember any of the things I supposedly did last night at the art department party."

"We'll tell you about it later," Edie said quickly. "When we're not in public."

"Right, of course," said Roe. "So are we going to the craft fair after this?"

"Oh, yeah!" said Corrie. "We should definitely do that. Does it start soon?"

Dawn looked up at the clock on the wall. "Fifteen minutes. If we finish our breakfasts slowly we won't be early."

"No, let's go back to the dorm first," said Edie. She'd finished her breakfast, anyway. "I forgot about the fair. I don't have any money. I might want to get something."

"Yeah, me too," said Annie. "But we should try not to be too late. I don't want to miss whatever it is that's going to explode with glitter all over the place!"

Corrie laughed. "Any new visions about that, Roe? Maybe, something that will tell us exactly when it's going to happen?"

Roe grinned and shook her head. "No, but I should be able to figure out what it is, so we can keep an eye out. You're going to stand near it when I find it, aren't you?"

Corrie put her hand on her chest in mock horror. "Me? Why would I ever want to get covered in glitter?"

They all laughed and started returning their trays, now that everyone had finished breakfast. Edie got some more apple juice out of the machine and gulped it down before hurrying out with the others. She was a little dehydrated, but she'd been out all night without eating or drinking anything, so she figured it made a little sense.

Annie poked her as they were walking back to Gilkey. "You okay?"

"Huh?" Edie realized that she'd been lost in memories from last night and hadn't said anything for more than five minutes. She shrugged and smiled at Annie. "Oh, I'm fine. Just a little tired, I guess. I had a long night."

"Oh, right, of course," said Annie. She looked away quickly, and they were quiet the rest of the walk.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

32 0 2
When shy, quiet Lily leaves her over-protective parents and sets off to University with her best friend, Ed, she has no idea of the fantastic, magica...
1.9K 125 62
NOTE BEFORE YOU READ THIS: This is book 12 in an ongoing series! Books 1 and 2 are available in their entirety on Wattpad; book 3 is currently being...
1.9K 116 93
One death is just the beginning. Corrie, Edie, and Dawn are awakened to terrible news: a student has been killed on campus. They instantly suspect a...
783 50 142
It's the end of the semester at Chatoyant College, but that doesn't mean Corrie, Edie, and Dawn have time to do nothing but focus on their finals. A...