Expecting The Unexpected

By sleepytinker__

"I AM NOT MARRYING YOU MR. KNIGHT AND THAT'S IT" I yelled. From where did you get this much courage that too... More

Author's Note
CHAPTER 1: Hey it's me Eveline Carter
CHAPTER 2: Meeting My Crush?
CHAPTER 3: THE DAY!
CAST
CHAPTER 4: Overexcited Friend
CHAPTER 5: Marriage?
CHAPTER 6: Meeting Him.
CHAPTER 7: Broken Dreams
CHAPTER 8: Feisty Me.
CHAPTER 9: Arrogant Jerk
CHAPTER 10: Evil Plan for Ev!
CHAPTER 11: Blake Simon Vs Alexander Knight
CHAPTER 12: Falling for the most Stupid Plan
CHAPTER 13: You are in love with Who?
CHAPTER 14: Shopping
CHAPTER 15: Wedding Ring
CHAPTER 16: Wedding Day
CHAPTER 17: Crazy Friends
CHAPTER 18: First Day as Mrs. Knight
CHAPTER 19: Reception
CHAPTER 20: Caught?
CHAPTER 21: Stealing Chocolates. Are We?
CHAPTER 22: Getting Impatient for that One Call
CHAPTER 23: Exposed?
CHAPTER 24: You Did What?
CHAPTER 25: The Cute Angry Bird
CHAPTER 26: Gift from Mr. Arrogant Knight
CHAPTER 27: Something's Fishy
CHAPTER 28: It's Complicated!
CHAPTER 29: Jealous?
CHAPTER 30: My only Knight in the shining armour "Alexander Knight"
CHAPTER 31: Parent's Surprise
CHAPTER 32: His Nightmare
CHAPTER 33: Honeymoon
CHAPTER 34: What's wrong with him?
CHAPTER 35: I think I am falling for you
CHAPTER 36: He Kissed Me?
CHAPTER 37: Will he never fall for me?
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER 38: I am lost!
CHAPTER 39: He loves me
CHAPTER 40: Back Home
CHAPTER 41: Love You!!
CHAPTER 42: Blake Simon Vs Alexander Knight (Part 2)
CHAPTER 43: Date
CHAPTER 44: All about her Date Night
CHAPTER 45: My Cute Thief
CHAPTER 46: When he Lost his Temper
CHAPTER 47: I am Sorry Xander
CHAPTER 48: Without him for a Whole Week?
CHAPTER 49: He's Back
CHAPTER 50: Shattered
CHAPTER 51: He Hates Me Now?
CHAPTER 52: Is She Drunk?
CHAPTER 54: Fainted!
CHAPTER 55: Pregnant!
CHAPTER 56: Why did he Lie?
CHAPTER 57: He Forgot My Birthday?
CHAPTER 58: SURPRISE!
CHAPTER 59: Please be Okay!!
CHAPTER 60: Our Baby!!
EPILOGUE: Together Forever
NEW STORY!!
OUT NOW!!!
A DEAL IN DISGUISE
ALESSANDRO
BILLIONAIRE'S REVENGE

CHAPTER 53: Sick

103K 3.8K 184
By sleepytinker__

EVELINE KNIGHT

I woke up with a headache in the morning. I sat up on the bed rubbing my eyes. My head was paining a lot.

"Ugh!!" I groaned in pain.

When I opened my eyes I saw Xander sitting on the couch with his laptop looking at me.

Oh God! Is he trying to kill me by glaring at me like that.

As far as I remember I was at the club with Cass, Rose and Anna last night. Then Cass forced me to drink saying that nothing will happen and I was so engrossed in the pain that Xander was ignoring me, I drank it gladly.

Then what happened. From where did Xander get me and moreover why is he giving me those murderous look.

"Seems like you don't remember anything." Xander said suddenly making me look at him immediately. I then looked down and shook my head biting my lip.

"Kindly tell me that why the hell did you drink so much last night." This time his voice sounded angry. I again bit my lip. "I am asking you something. You know you were so drunk last night that you weren't even able to stand properly." My eyes widened.

Shit! Cassandra Diaz I will kill you.

"I d-did not drink Cass-" he cuts me off.

"You are not a kid Eveline that she forced you and you drank it. You have a brain to think. Stop blaming others for your mistakes."

I kept looking down. He is scolding me like I am some five year old kid and on top of that my head was paining as hell.

"Do you know a man was trying to force himself on you but you weren't able to do anything because you were fucking drunk." He shouted. I closed my eyes. Scared.

"Why are you scolding me like this? I am s-" he again cuts me off.

"Don't you dare say sorry again. I am so done with your sorry's. Eveline do you want me to lock you up in this house forever."

My eyes widened I shook my head 'no'.

I was about to get down from the bed. When he again said "Stay." My body stiffened. I did not dare to move again.

He then walked out of the room.

UGH!! My head! Eveline Fucking Knight you are mad. You knew that he is angry at you already and now by this stupid act of yours you have made him more. Why did you had to get drunk?

Huh! I warned you but you didn't listen to me. You know what I think I should even stop warning you. You never listen to me.

I looked at the clock it was 11 already.

What? I slept for so long. It's a relief that today is Saturday or surely I would have missed my office.

Wait.

Today is Saturday and Xander is still home. Will he not go to office?

Why?

For me. A smile appeared on my face.

After sometime he came back with a glass in his hand. I looked at the glass there was something green-green in it. My smile instantly disappeared.

He is not going to make me drink that ewwy thing.

Oh no! he is coming towards me only.

Run Ev!

Run!

I stood on the bed. He looked at me with a weird expression on his face.

"Look I know that I am scared of you now but I am not drinking that ewwy thing. Just look at it, it looks so disgusting. Eww!"

"Eveline sit down. You need to have this."

"NO! Stay away from me and keep that thing away from me."

"Eveline stop behaving like a child."

"No. No. No. I can drink anything else but not that please."

"Eveline you are having a hangover. You'll feel better after drinking this."

"Better? I'll feel sick after drinking this."

"Come down. Now." He ordered in a stern voice and let me tell you he looked dangerous. But I have to stay strong.

"NO!"

"Eveline."

"NO! NO! NO!"

He then kept that eww juice on the bedside table and stood close to the bed. "Xander please not that."

He shook his head. "You really test my patience sometimes."

Before I could say or do anything else he held my hand and pulled me to him and we both landed on the bed. He was sitting on the bed with me on his lap. He was holding both my hands in his one hand so that I couldn't move.

"Eveline Knight why are you so stubborn?"

Wait. Did he just call me Eveline Knight?

Yass.

Yass.

Fucking yass.

He called me Eveline Knight.

Then he took something from the table in his hand and brought it near my mouth "Drink it."

He called me Eveline Knight.

I was so happy that without a word I drank whatever he was making me drink.

He called me Eveline Knight.

"Done." He said then I realized that I drank the whole ewwy juice.

He then moved away leaving me on the bed. I finally felt the taste of the drink.

"Eww! It tastes so bad. I'll throw up right now."

"You are such a drama queen." He said then took out something from his pocket. I peeked to see it.

Chocolate.

My face instantly lit up. "Have this." He gave it to me. "And yes go and change. You are wearing that dress since last night."

I nodded while eating my chocolate happily.

"And one more thing from next time you are not going out wearing something like that."

My eyes shot up to look at him. "But people go to clubs wearing these dresses only."

"I know. But you look extremely....." He stopped "You are not going out wearing it again that's it." Saying that he left the room looking away from me.

Wait. Do I look bad in this dress? But Anna said I look beautiful and sexy. Then why does Xander doesn't want to see me in this.

God! This man is so confusing.

After I took a shower and I sat on the bed staring at the food kept on the table. Xander brought my food to the bedroom and he is in his office doing his work. When I asked him about his food he told he already had it. Though he is talking to me now but still he is angry I know. He just gives me my food and answers my questions.

I started eating the food. Suddenly again I started feeling dizzy. I ran to the washroom and threw up again.

What is happening? I threw up twice in two days. I need to go to the doctor. But first I need to complete the project. The meeting is on Monday I need to finish it first.

After working for few hours my head started paining.

"I think I should rest for sometime. I can do it later." I closed the laptop and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up again feeling dizzy and ran to the washroom. I again threw up.

What the hell is happening? Is it a flu? But I don't have a fever.

When I came out of the washroom I saw Xander standing at the door looking at me. I again came to the bed and opened my laptop to work.

"Ev are you okay? You look weak." He asked.

As if you care.

"Ya I am fine I think maybe I ate too many chocolates that's why I threw up."

"You threw up? When? And why the hell didn't you tell me?" he asked with a concerned voice.

Why is he showing concern for a stranger like me.

"Xander I am fine."

Then his face hardened as if he came back to his senses.

I know you still care about me Xander. Can't you just stop pretending.

He came towards me and snatched the laptop from my hand.

"You need to rest." He said with the same hardened look.

"No. I need to finish it. There are many things left and I don't have enough time. It's really important."

"Nothing is more important than your health."

"But I-"

"Sleep Ev. Don't make me force you."

I nodded and laid on the bed. He covered me with the blanket.

I slept for the whole day. Xander came to me at night to wake me up to have my dinner as I have not eaten anything since morning. But I just couldn't open my eyes.

"Ev please you need to eat something."

"I am sleepy Xander. I don't feel like eating." I said still with eyes closed. I felt the seat on the bed beside me dipped. He then pulled me to him and started feeding me. My head was resting on his chest.

After he was done feeding me. I sat up on the bed still trying to open my eyes.

"Shit! I completely forgot that I have to complete the project."

"You don't have to do anything. Go back to sleep."

"Bu-"

Again he laid me on the bed and covered me with the blanket.

"Sleep Ev." I didn't had the energy to fight back because I was really sleepy.

I held his hand "Please can you sleep with me tonight. Just tonight."

He nodded and got on the bed. Pulling me closer to him he kissed the top of my head.

These few days he didn't even held me in his arms while we were sleeping. I felt relieved in his arms. I missed his smell for so many days. I missed his touch. I missed this feeling.

"It feels so good." Mumbling that I again drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up, went to the washroom and brushed my teeth, took a shower. I was still feeling weak and dizzy. When I came out of the washroom my eyes fell upon my laptop. My eyes widened.

Fuck! The project. Today is the meeting I have to show it. How can I be so careless? What will I do now?

I ran to my laptop opening the file I saw the project was already completed.

Huh? I remember clearly that I left it half then...

Xander.

Ya he might have done it.

Why can't you accept this Alexander Knight that you still care about me?

Then the bedroom door opened and Xander came in. He looked at me once then went to the washroom. I got ready for work and sat on the bed waiting for him to come out. He finally came out of the washroom wearing just a towel.

My breath hitched seeing the sight in front of me. His towel was hanging extremely low on his waist. Water from his hair was dripping. There were still some droplets on his chest. He stood in front of the mirror started rubbing his hair with his hands. My eyes got stuck on his bare back. His broad shoulder, I want to trace my fingers on his back. Then his chest, his abbs, all the wild thoughts surrounded my mind.

"Close your mouth Ev." He said and my eyes widened. I closed my mouth. I didn't realise that my mouth opened while I was checking him out.

He then went inside the closet then came out wearing his clothes after sometime. He went to the mirror again.

"Umm... I-I wanted t-to thank you for completing the project." I said.

He hummed. "Are you feeling better now?"

Though I was not but I decided not to tell him. I just nodded.

"Frank will drop you to your office." He said.

I bit my lip and started fidgeting with my fingers.

"What is it? Just say it." He said maybe looking at my expression he figured out that I wanted to say something.

"Umm... can't you drop me. I mean you are going there too why to trouble Frank."

He turned around and stared at me for a moment then said "I am being nice to you that doesn't mean I have forgiven you. Don't have high hopes. Frank will drop you and take care." With that he left the room.
--------------------------------------------------------
Hey lovely readers,

Hope you all are loving Ev and Xander.
Hope you all are enjoying the story.

Hope you guys liked the chapter too.

Do Vote and Comment.
Love you all! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 7.4K 61
"Treat me like your wife. I want you to give me a chance, give this marriage a chance." He looks at me with those brilliant blue eyes of his. His eye...
5.1M 160K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
2.1M 63.7K 57
Arabella Heatherway, the youngest daughter of the most successful lawyer Gabriel Heatherway and his beautiful wife Blair Heatherway. And the youngest...
103K 2.6K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...