Mellifluous {Spencer Reid}

By bellaaddieyadaddie

MELLIFLUOUS (adj.) A sound that is sweet and smooth, pleasing to hear. Aurora Hearst didn't find any sound t... More

INTRODUCTION.
PROLOGUE.
ONE.
TWO.
THREE.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.
ELEVEN.
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN:
TWENTY-ONE.
TWENTY-TWO.
TWENTY-THREE.
TWENTY-FOUR.
FACECLAIMS+FITS.
TWENTY-FIVE.
TWENTY-SIX.
TWENTY-SEVEN.
TWENTY-EIGHT.
TWENTY-NINE.
THIRTY.
THIRTY-ONE.
THIRTY-TWO.
THIRTY-THREE.
a/n pls read
THIRTY-FOUR.

TWENTY.

1.7K 45 4
By bellaaddieyadaddie

TWENTY; GETTING TO KNOW EACHOTHER

The couple share a look as they approach the slightly ajar door, sharing a look before Spencer slowly pushes open the door, with his gun pointed out in front of him he steps into the house, the feeling of the icy cold on their skin settling, their gut telling them something wasn't right. That's when Aurora's phone buzzed, gun unwavering she reached into her pocket to read the text.

Morgan- He's not at work, his boss tells us he disappeared a half hour ago, backup is coming your way, be safe kid.

Sliding her phone back into her pocket and looking up into the frightened eyes of dr Spencer Reid, a clang echoes up the stairs drawing their attention, eyes snapping up as they begin to walk down the stairs towards the sounds. Entering the dark cold basement they nod as they approach a door, the moving light behind the frosted glass confirming his presence. they lock eye contact, Spencer nods and Aurora kicks in the door "Jerry Browns! FBI!" He yells, the man drops the crowbar he is holding but his grip tightens on the gun in his hand. His eyes dart around the room, undoubtedly searching for a way out, his eyes lock on the doorway that Aurora is standing in, her gun raised. Her ears pick up the sounds of backup coming through the house, her eyes daring the man to move. Jerry Browns decides to pick his absolute worst option, he makes a run towards Rory who smirks and hooks her leg around his ankle jamming her heeled boot into his groin, the gun solidly still in her hand, his was flung across the room as he fell to the floor with a cry.

A chuckle comes from the doorway as Derek Morgan grins smugly at the pathetic man lying on the floor, Rory's heel still threatening to crush his manhood. "You, did not think that through" he chuckles and Spencer steps swiftly over to his girlfriend ensuring that she wasn't hurt "no he did not, I'm fine Spence relax" she swats away his hand, taking it in hers, attempting to calm him, "we got him, I promised you we would" He smiles down at her as Morgan cuffs the man standing in the doorway "thankyou, so much, for everything" a blush fills her cheeks and she looks down and back up again, she gets up on her tiptoes and delivers a peck on the lips before she drags him back up the stairs to meet the rest of the team to go through his house.

"Are you guys ok?" Emily rushes over to the two, the worry etched on her face, Morgan grins over at them "the better question would be is this guy ok" the teams heads turn to see the man doubled over gingerly holding his groin the pain on his face clear as day, grunting and muttering under his breath "remind me never to mess with Rory" Morgan jokes pushing the man out the door. Emily laughs patting her shoulder, JJ shakes her head, smiling, even hotch lets a smile momentarily grace his face. "Nice one kid" Rossi walks over to her, grinning like a proud dad, "that'll teach him never to underestimate a woman" Rory grins, squeezing Spencer's hand.

--

"Ok guys, Rora and I are just gonna go see my mom to let her know we got him. We'll meet you on the jet?" Spencer calls out as the group walks out the doors towards the cluster of black SUVs "yeah all good, see you there" Hotch replies and the two get into the car. "Do you think your mum likes me?" Aurora looked up at her boyfriend who smiled "she loves you already Rora '' the grin that filled her face was one of pure joy, she knew she had done good.

They pull up at the doors of the building and walk through the front doors "Dr Reid? did you get him?" the worried voice of dr Aimbridge calls out as the elevator doors open and they step out "yes Dr, don't worry we got him, where is my mother?'' The doctor's eyes flicker down to the two agent's joined hands before saying "just through here" he gestures them to the day room where the back of Diana Reid's head comes into sight. Spencer thanks him and they walk through the room towards her, "Spencer!" she runs up to him giving him a bone crushing bearhug, "Aurora was it?" she turns to the woman standing awkwardly next to her son, she nods, "thankyou" Diana hugs the startled woman, relaxing into her motherly embrace.

"So? Fill me in, what happened, please tell me you beat that bastard senseless" Spencer chuckles at the concerned looks from the surrounding nurses are thrown their way "not to worry mom, I'm pretty sure Aurora made sure he is never gonna be able to have kids" Rory bushes and looks down. A proud grin fills Diana's face "that's my girl" she pats Aurora on the shoulder in a motherly fashion, looking up, Aurora smiles, feeling the motherly love from Diana, a feeling she had gotten used to not having, she represses the tears that threaten to burst from her eyes, knowing it was not the time. "Do you like books dear?" Rory furrows her brows, slightly confused "um- yeah I love books" Diana gives Spencer a knowing look, the look of a mother who knew her child had found the one for them "good." The two lovebirds smile at one another, "now Rory, I have my old scrapbook in my room. Would you like to see some photos of your boyfriend as a little kid?" The woman grabs Rory's hand, the color draining out of spencer's face as a grin fills Aurora's face, "oh absolutely" the three walk towards her room, knowing for the first time in the last 24 hours, that everything was going to be ok.

--

The BAU team boards the plane "hey Em, did you know that Spence wanted to be in the circus when he was little?" Spencer's face goes a bright red "no wayyyyy what was stopping him?" Em replies, grinning "he spent weeks trying to walk a 'tightrope' in his backyard, trying to find the right physics equation, he never quite got it right" She squeezes his hand, reassuring him that she found it adorable, Emily bursts out laughing, "oh that's too good, I can see it now, Dr Spencer Reid, an acrobat'' Aurora laughs warmly, a smile even breaking on Spencer's face as he shakes his head squeezing her hand in understanding. "Did I hear you right? Our boy genius could've been an acrobat?'' The entire jet burst out laughing as Morgan takes off his headphones in extreme confusion, "well if it wasn't for that damned tightrope, I swear those acrobats who actually do it can fly or something" Spencer chimes in and the laughter fills the jet.

--

Aurora unlocks the door to her apartment, Spencer was just grabbing a few things from home before coming over to stay a few nights, at least up until the construction was over. The smell of her plants reached her nose, relaxing immediately she drops her bags on the floor and walks into her bedroom and begins making space in her closet for him to put his things, she couldn't have him living out of his suitcase, no he would be hanging his clothes up as he should. She opened the grocery shopping app on her phone and ordered enough food to last the two of them for a few days, knowing how good he was at cooking, she knew he would know what to do with all the ingredients. Placing the order, she knew they would be there by the next morning, meaning they were getting takeout that night, now that she wasn't mad at.

She waters her plants, knowing she would be a tad too distracted later in the evening and puts on one of her favorite records, 'blond- frank ocean" she walks around her apartment, with pixie following her around curiously, when a knock on the door interrupts her, she almost drops the watering can and runs towards the door, knowing it was him.

Swinging the door open she sees a very awkward Spencer Reid holding his very heavy looking bag with both hand in front of him "come in" She says and steps aside morning for him to this stuff in her room, "if you wanna unpack your stuff I've cleared it some closet space for you" She calls as she exits the room, doing a small spin as 'Pink and White' plays through her apartment, He smiles at her, a loving expression on his face. he opens up her closet, recognizing her usual work clothes but seeing a whole bunch of clothes he didn't recognize, he realizes that he really hadn't seen the full extent of her style, the curiosity blossoms in his chest, a small blush on his face as he imagines what she would look like in the small top his eyes caught on. Shaking the images out of his head, he hangs up his coats and shirts on the hangers she had provided before walking out of the room, seeing his girlfriend playing with her kitten.

"So Spence, what do you wanna get for dinner?" He grins as the purring kitten nuzzles into his palm, "Pizza?" He poses, "pizza." She replies, kissing him softly before walking out into her kitchen and finding the brochure with her favorite pizza place's number on it. "Hey Rora, what's this album called?" He calls out to her from the living room, "It's called Blond by Frank Ocean, one of my favorite albums, have you not heard it?" She chuckles, knowing he usually listened to Mozart, hoping he would like it "no I haven't heard it but I actually really like it" he calls back as she hangs up the phone "my record collection is next to the bookshelf, also pizza will be here in 20" she hears him walking through the room towards the bookshelf, "I haven't heard most of this actually" he scans the stack of records, and she stands in the doorway, "well feel free to put on whatever you like, I'm just gonna get changed into something more comfortable ok?" He nods and she walks out of the room into her bedroom, closing the doors.

She pulls out her favorite pair of sweatpants and a little top to match, she had seen his eyes catch that very top when he thought she wasn't looking, she smirks to herself, this would be fun. Slipping the outfit on along with some odd socks she loved, looking in the mirror in confirmation before opening the door and walking back out.

when she enters the living room where Spencer was standing he turns to her "this book looks really interesting may I bor-" he cuts off his sentence as he looks up at her, eyes widened, he drops the book, his jaw hitting the floor, completely lost for words "You ok spence?" She asks, restraining the smirk from her face, he splutters, unable to get a single word out, "cat got your tongue" the smirk breaks through and sits comfortably on her face as she watches her boyfriend struggle to find the right word, he seems to give up on making any words actually leave hii mouth but he walks up to her determinately, sweeping her up and placing her on the closest bench, having to sweep a couple books off before sitting her down, she begins to protest the act of violence against her books, but she can't get a word out as Spencer takes her hand in his and passionately presses his lips to hers, she strings her arms around his neck, gripping his hair in her hand as the two kiss feverishly, as if they were both terrified the other would disappear, his hands subconsciously make their way down her back, lighting a train if goosebumps in their wake, he makes his way down her neck, as she pants, he kisses the spot on her neck, she lets out a small gasp and he smirks into her neck, knowing he had found her sweet spot, he continues to suck on that specific spot, grazing his teeth over the red mark he had created, she moves his head back up to her lips, taking his mouth in hers once again.

A sharp Ding interrupts the two lovebirds, the doorbell snapping them out of their own little world, they sigh, sharing a kiss before he helps her down off the bench and still panting and red faced, they walk towards the door. Aurora goes to open the door, but Spencer chuckles and taps his neck, gesturing that she might not want to answer the door with the blooming hickey he had given her mere moments before, she flashes and her hand instinctively flies up to cover herself up. he shakes his head and opens the door, paying the delivery man with a $20 note he pulls from his pocket, thanks him and closes the door, pizza in hand. She pecked his cheek before walking to the bathroom to clean herself up, a skip in her step. Looking at herself in the bathroom mirror, she sees the blossoming purple bruise on her neck, she reaches up to run her finger over the mark, the feeling of his feverish lips on her neck coming back to her, Grinning, she runs her hands through her hair fixing herself up and walks back into the kitchen where her boyfriend sat with two glasses of water and the pizza in front of him. She walks over and sits down, the two talk about books as they eat, not mentioning their moment from just before, but the feeling still fresh in their minds, they sneak glances at the other knowing what was ensured for later that night.

Aurora smiles to herself, feeling his touch as the two drift off to sleep, the soft ache of the marks he had left on her neck lulling her into a dreamless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 1K 27
mellifluous/məˈliflo͞oəs -(adj.) (of a voice or words) sweet or musical; pleasant to hear. "her voice was mellifluous and smooth." - in which a runaw...
42.6K 1.5K 12
slave /sleɪv/ noun (especially in the past) a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
91.4K 2.3K 21
beau·ti·ful /ˈbyo͞odəfəl/ adjective pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically.
2.5K 23 24
Orphic (adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding. a summer she'll never forget...