PROLOGUE.

AURORA

AURORA

Aurora Hearst wasn't like any of the other little girls she grew up with in that teensy little town in Australia, her parents knew that even though they had had her at a slightly older age that they had created something special.

She was spoiled, but all that poor little girl wanted was books, she didn't want to go outside and play in the sandpit, she wanted to stay inside and read. When Aurora first started school, she very quickly realized that she was way above all the other kids in only first grade, she very quickly started skipping through the grades faster than anyone could believe. As the only eight year old at the year six graduation, you can imagine she got a few strange looks. But she didn't care, she was yet to find something that actually challenged her, something she was passionate about. all she knew then, was that everything was just too easy. no matter what classes she took or grades she skipped, her photographic memory had her flying through the years faster than anyone had ever seen.

But. When Aurora was thirteen, she woke up to the sound of silence, blaring through her small home, she called out for her mother and father, but no-one called back to her. The thirteen year old girl was wise beyond her years with information but nothing prepared her for the sight she walked into that godforsaken winter morning. Both of her parents had been brutally murdered just down the hall as she slept soundly in her bed. She never slept so soundly again. The underfunded, undermanned police department never found her parents killer, but little Aurora was never the same again.

Aurora, now Rory completed her PHD in chemistry before the age of 14 and had moved on to studying forensic psychology. She wanted to know more than anything in the world what could have been going on with the person physically for them to think they had no other option but to kill her parents. And she did just that, every year around the date of her parents death she would circle back to the old case files hidden under her bed in a small fie box, that contained the unsolved murder of her parents. One day she swore to herself, one day she would find the man, or woman who tore apart her family.

Rory had been studying the in depth science of criminal profiling when she got a call from the professor that taught her while she was completing her PHD in forensic psychology. He told her that the FBI was sending out agents to Australia, as they had heard of some promising talent down under. She told Rory that she had recommended her to the scouts who had contacted her and that they would probably be around campus when she got back.

Aurora was ecstatic, she had always dreamed of working for the FBI , but had never had the guts to move all the way to the states for the opportunity.

The scout came and immediately began Aurora on the agency training program. She would learn how to shoot, fight and of course fill out allllll the paperwork. As expected Rory soared through the theory tests and exams, leaving every agent and supervisor in awe of her, but in the beginning Rory found that she struggled in hand to hand combat, but Aurora Hearst was not one to give up easily. She hired gym equipment and bought a target and gun, and got to work. Within a year she was the most skilled sniper and the best in hand to hand combat of all the trainees the agency had scouted for their program in Australia.

Aurora was soon given promotion after promotion. The only thing holding her back from the 'Supervisory Special Agent' title was the experience. so she waited it out, Rory worked for the branch of the FBI that had fully extended into Australia, in an attempt to get experience in all areas of the job she bounced around from unit to unit.

She knew she was good at her job, but Rory was modest, she'd never admit it but she was the best up and coming profiler in the entire branch, she would notice the tiniest shift in someone's body language, she could pick up on someone's tells within seconds. Her friends began to call her the human lie detector, because in interrogation she could spot a lie from a thousand miles away.

One casual Monday, Rory sat in the break room drinking her way through an entire pot of coffee when a woman entered, Rory didn't recognize her, she had platinum blonde hair, eccentric earrings and a fuchsia dress with matching heels and lipstick to match, she had kind eyes and a warm smile, Rory just knew that she was gonna like her. "hi I'm Rory, and you are?" the strange women's eyes lit up in recognition

"Hi! I'm Penelope Garcia! With the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit!"