NIRVANA.

By astoldbylani

nir·va·na a state of perfect happiness; an ideal or idyllic place. where we see what happens when an emptines... More

cast | disclaimer.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty-three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.

twenty eight.

67.1K 3.4K 3.4K
By astoldbylani

"I will love you anyway, even if you cannot stay. I think you are the one for me, here is where you ought to be" Na'imah sang quietly as she maneuvered around the kitchen, Yasir following close behind her. He loved this song, his grandmother used to sing it to him all the time when he was a kid.

"Oh sweet thing, don't you know you're my everything?" she continued, smiling to herself, because he just looked so happy hearing her sing. He always loved to hear it, but right now he didn't even want to even walk away.

Right now, Nino, Slim and Corinne were over and Na'imah was making dinner. At first, Yasir didn't want her doing anything but it was about a month since her surgery and she was determined to be on her feet and do something, she refused to hear Yasir's protests.

Sevyn's pregnancy had her exhausted and all she wanted to do was sleep, and she was doing just that at the moment. She told Na'imah if she was up for it she'd be over later—even though she saw Sev every day, Nana missed her.

"Sis you almost done?" Nino popped his head in the kitchen.

"Yes, Keon," she laughed. "Bae, go sit down," she pushed at his back. She had been wanting to talk to Keon since she recalled what he told her in the hospital.

"You'on need no help?"

"Ima make him help me, gon' head, get the girls too please,"

"Yes ma'am," he chuckled, leaving the two in the kitchen.

Nino eyed her suspiciously, as she places her hand on her hip, leaning on the counter, eyebrows raised. "The hell I do?"

"You like Kimmy!" she whisper yelled, slapping his arms. "You need ta' tell ha'! Keon how long have you liked dis girl?!"

"Aw shit, you really could hea' me huh?" he chuckled, nervously.

"Yes stupid," she laughed. "Don't ignore my question,"

"I mean...I liked ha' since prolly...what high school? Shit I'on rememba'. But it's been a long ass time," he shrugged, as she directed him to grab one of the pots.

"High school?! You need ta' say somethin'," she shook her head.

"Ta' dat mean ass girl?! Nigga she'a beat my ass," he laughed. Nana laughed as well, remembering the day Yasir said when she found somebody to handle her smart mouth he'd laugh. She didn't know if Yasir would be the one to do it, but she knew he really really liked her.

"It'll be okay. You just gotta get passed ha' smart mouth," she giggled. "But let's take dis food out, we gon talk,"

"Cori, why you not eatin'? You'on like it?" Nana pouted, as the boys played some game on Yasir's PS4.

"Nah, nah, it's good! I'm jus—I'on know a li' stressed out I guess," she sighed. Corinne had a lot weighing on her mind. She felt very responsible for the problems the group was currently dealing with. She was supposed to know Raven was dating Demarcus, she thought she was extremely thorough when she was watching him, how she missed an entire person, was confusing to her and she was frustrated.

She had told everyone sorry a million times, and Yasir kept assuring her that Na'imah getting shot was not her fault and it never would be, but she couldn't seem to shake it.

"Cori, I—well I don't really know how you feel. Yasir told me whatchu said, and I'on know if he told you, but I'on blame you fa' dis. It's not ya' fault, it ain't nobody fault but her own, you know? Y'all couldn't have know she was crazy," she shrugged.

"But it was my job ta' know dat she was datin' my ex before I went ta' kill his ass. Because if I knew, I woulda' handled ha' right along wit' em. Dis woulda' neva' happened ta' you. You woulda been fine! Everybody woulda been fine if I jus' did my job," she stressed.

Na'imah felt bad for her. Bearing the load of this was already enough to carry within their small group, but for her to feel it all on her own must have been terrible.

"Listen," Na'imah said, turning her entire body to face Cori. "All I ask from you is dat when y'all do find ha', and I know you will, don't let up aight? I know it's hard not ta' feel responsible or feel pressure. But as soon as y'all catch up wit' ha', make ha' feel allat. I want you ta' let dat go, okay?"

Corinne looked back at her and a small smile graced her face after a minute.

"Dat crazy ass nigga really rubbed off on you, huh?" she chuckled.

"Maybe...just a li' bit," she pinched her fingers together and they shared a laugh.

Back at Sev and Grim's house, Sevyn was just waking up—and from a nightmare at that.

"Wh—where's my phone," she mumbled, feeling all over the bed and finally grabbing it, completely missing the fact that it was one in the morning. "Pick up, pick up" her hands shook frantically as she held the phone to her ear, until she got Na'imah's answering machine.

"Baby, bae calm down," Cordell spoke now, waking up himself from all the movement. This had happened a few times before since Na'imah's incident.

"S-she ain' pickin' up! What if somethin' happened, Cordell?!" she rambled. Whenever she had a nightmare recalling the events from that night, she would wake up in a panic and call Na'imah until she picked up the phone so she could make sure she was okay.

"It's 1:15, boop. She prolly sleep, you know dem pills knock ha' ass out," he tried to reason, and he could see she was about to cry. "Come here, come lay by me," he waved her over and she did just that getting comfortable in his arms.

"I'm scared," she sniffed.

"I know, baby. But she okay," he rubbed her back. "Brix thea' wit' ha', she sleepin' real good. You know if anybody got sis, he do. He not gon let nothin' happen to Nana. Everything gon be fine aight?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "Sorry,"

"Stop apologizin', boop. Gimme kiss," he tilted his head down and she gladly kissed him repeatedly. "Na' lemme feel my baby," he smirked and she giggled. The pregnancy had only brought them closer as a couple, Cordell was in love with the baby just as much as he was in love with his fiancée.

"Whatchu wanna have?" Sev asked as he rubbed her small stomach in circles. She was already in her fourth month of pregnancy, nearing the fifth. She was so excited for Nana to tell them the gender next week, they were bringing her on their next appointment and they wanted it to be a surprise, but they didn't want a huge gender reveal.

"Man, I'on know. Ima be happy wit' whateva' God give us. I just wanna meet my angel man. My li' saving grace," he said seriously, and Sevyn nodded in agreement.

"We gon be dem cool ass parents, gon have pool parties fa' the kids and dey li' friends, sleepovers and we ca' have Christmas hea' every year now," she sighed contentedly. "Thank you fa' makin' me a mommy,"

"Thank you fa' carryin' my child. You a blessin', fa' real,"

"I know," she stuck her tongue out and he laughed at her.

"Papa, your phone," Na'imah whined. That same night, an hour later, Brix's phone wouldn't stop ringing. It was vibrating on his nightstand over and over, she finally woke all the way up the sixth time. "Yasir, wake up," she patted his back like a baby, which always seemed to do the job.

"Hmmm?" he hummed, starting to stir in his sleep. "I'm up, I'm up, wassup? You aight? You need me?" he rambled, still waking up fully.

"No baby, your phone," she said. His eyes were cracked open, and he looked confused. "It's ringing," she chuckled. He reached back and grabbed it, answering the call.

"What?" he grumbled. "Wh—now? Aight I'm on my way, I'a bring Nana wit' me," he was instantly all the way awake and Na'imah was the confused one now.

"What's wrong?" she asked him as he stood up from the bed, looking for some clothes in the dark.

"Get some clothes on, I'm takin you ta' Sevyn house," he told her.

"Yasir, what happened?" she got out of bed anyway, by the tone of his voice she could tell he wasn't about to be repeating himself much—if at all.

"They got me a location and I'm finna dead dis shit right na'," he didn't cease his movement, and Na'imah was at a slight loss for words at this point. After a month of searching it seemed like everything was finally coming to an end—she hoped for a positive one.

Once she was dressed and washed up as quickly as she could, he sped to Sevyn and Grim's house, what usually took them fifteen minutes took about nine or ten minutes tonight. She sat in the car watching Brix, his expression remained stoic and hard, she had never seem him like this before, but she understood why.

"Be safe, okay?" she spoke to him once they were in front of the house. "I love you,"

"I always am. I love you," he leaned over the console and kissed her. "You know I'm doin' alla dis fa' you right?"

"Yeah," she smiled slightly. "Cuz you love me," she said in the same high pitched tone she usually said it in to try and make him laugh. Instead, he smirked back, kissing her again.

Once she was safely inside, Grim came out, getting in the front seat with the same expression on his face.

To minimize the amount of cars out front, Brix picked everyone up, except Nino who was the one who found her. It was completely silent as they all exited the car, already knowing what the plan was. Nino joined them as they walked up the steps silently to a house that—from the outside looked abandoned.

She had made the mistake of turning on her phone, and since they pulled her number from one of her men they had the means to track her, so as soon as her phone came on, it dropped a pin, right outside of New Orleans, hiding in plain sight.

Kilo picked the lock while Brix, Grim and Nino readied their weapons, just so nobody could interfere with Slim's job.

As soon as the door was open the crept in silently, searching the whole floor for a sign of life and there was none, so they moved on to the basement—where Kilo saw light. Slim stepped up, pushing past everyone, a metal bat swinging from her side. They saw her, sitting with her back facing them and Yasir felt rage bubbling up in his chest.

A small creak alerted her to the fact that someone was inside, and she was too terrified to turn around. She knew what was coming for her—as soon as she heard Na'imah didn't die, she knew she would, the question was just when.

"Do it," Yasir said, and Slim walked into the room, grabbing Raven by the hair and dragging her off the bed, kicking and screaming. "Shut the fuck up!" he barked, but she didn't, so he nodded at Slim again, causing her to drop her head and send punches to her mouth repeatedly, and the bat to her ribs, until she heard a crack.

Slim dragged her back up the steps, Kilo quickly bound her hands and feet, so Slim could effectively get her into Nino's trunk without a fuss.

On the drive back to the city, Brix was focused. He had one goal to accomplish and he was finally getting it done, freeing Na'imah from the burden of knowing the person who tried to kill her was still roaming the street unscathed.

When they got back, Brix watched Kilo and Slim tie her to a chair, as he smoked a blunt. The fear in her eyes was extremely evident and he looked too calm for her liking.

Yasir stared at her. He just watched her, imagining all the pain that Na'imah was in when she got shot, all the pain she was in right now. And he let out a deep and very dark laugh.

"You know what," he chuckled. "It's crazy ta' me. You know me, you know what da fuck dis is and bitch you know what da fuck I do, you thought you could run away from me. Me?" he stood up, ashing the blunt on her face. "You got me fucked up," he bent to her eye level, and as he walked away, the girls replaced him, resuming hitting her wherever they could reach.

He ignored the cries of pain as he loaded his gun, all he could think about was Nana. "Fuck is you cryin' fa'?" he spat. "You wasn't fuckin' cryin' when you tried ta' take somebody life. You know who dat somebody was? I know you fuckin' do and I'm tellin' you na', you was betta' off comin fa' us den my girl. She got a fuckin army comin behind ha', you wasn't eva' gon get away wit it," he cocked the gun, shooting her in both her knees, again ignoring the ear piercing scream she let out.

"Y-You killed mine first!" she tried to say.

"Bitch is you stupid? Dat nigga was a dead man walkin' as soon as my sista' got put in dat cell. It was only a matta' of time before he came up off his fuckin' life, now you comin up off yours. You had dis shit comin' you fuckin' lucky I ain' find you as soon as I got out. Now you tryna play get back and it's not gon getchu nowhea' buy six feet inna dirt wit' dat pussy ass nigga," Yasir scowled at her.

Grim and Nino fired off after he did, every shot he heard was reminiscent of hearing her crying in the middle of the night. Her struggling to breathe, the coma and watching her barely surviving. The fact that she was dead on that table for even a minute. The blood splattered all over his face and his clothes, and his mind was completely blank. For some reason, even though he had been wronged in the worst possible way, having to literally go to jail because of her, all he could think about was Na'imah when he watched the life leave her.

"Get rid'a dis fuckin body, burn dat shit," he mumbled to the boys in the corner, tossing the gun on the table in the back.

"She not gon wanna touch me, all dis blood on me," Yasir sighed when they got back. It was almost 4:30 in the morning by then, he hoped she was asleep, so he could just take her home.

"She not gon be worried bout dat shit," Grim chuckled. "Y'all might as well stay yall asses hea', in Nana old room, she prolly in thea' sleep now," he said.

Yasir nodded in agreement as they entered the house, instead of the girls sleeping in their beds, Na'imah laid across Sev's lap, and Sevyn's head was leaned back on the couch while her legs were stretched out on the long end of the sectional.

"Or maybe not," Grim chuckled. "Lemme wake dis girl up,"

"Na'imah," Yasir spoke softly, moving hair from her face, as she didn't have her bonnet on for whatever reason. "Wake up baby,"

"Huh?" she mumbled, turning away, making him chuckle. "Stop," she whined when he poked her side repeatedly.

"Girl look at me," he laughed again. She turned back to face him and her eyes snapped open, immediately sitting straight up and kissing him. "Hi ta' you too," he chuckled when she pulled back.

"Hi baby," she cooed. "I'm so happy ta' see you," she breathed a sigh of relief and stood up, immediately hugging him. "You okay? She ain't try ta' hurt you right?" she pulled back to give him a once over, just then noticing the dry blood on his clothes.

"Nah, I'm straight, bae. She wasn't gon touch me regardless. But, I'm tired as fuck you wanna stay hea' or go home?" he asked.

"We ca' go home, Papa. I'a drive, since you sleepy," she smiled up at him and he couldn't help but smile back, remembering the reason he did what he did today, why he did anything was all for the smile on her face.

well hello :)

i hope y'all enjoyed this one, it took me a while to get this all down lol yall know action scenes be stressing me 💀

but! they found rabies, and she never stood a chance.

what sev say????

lol also look at nana tryna play matchmaker 😭 yall think its gon work??

drop your favorite line or your favorite part here 💕

till next time 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 4.6K 12
Elysian - ely·​sian | \ i-ˈli-zhən \ - beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect. | 𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 ఌ︎ |
1.8K 61 21
love | an intense feeling of deep affection.
955K 46.7K 41
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵𝘢, 𝘴𝘰 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘳. 𝖠𝖯𝖱𝖨𝖫 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥...
658K 39.7K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...