Dark Streets | HAECHAN

By lost_in_neocity

Ft. NCT's Lee Haechan There were two rules: 1. Never wander the dark streets alone at night. 2. If you see a... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Sequel - Ashes
New Book: Guardian
Masterlist

Chapter 18

16.9K 714 317
By lost_in_neocity

Donghyuck removed his vape from his lips, letting the smoke form in front of him. In the middle of the bar was the Chinese couple, Renjun, Taeil, and many of the others chatting with the two of them.

Renjun's literally glowing. Donghyuck scoffed as he leaned against the bar, sitting on one of the stools alone. It had been a while since he had seen his best friend so happy.

The reason behind Renjun's happiness was that his favourite hyung, or gege in this case, was back, along with his girlfriend, which just so happened to be Renjun's older sister. With the return of Winwin and Jiayi, Taeil also came.

The story behind Winwin and Renjun was an interesting one. Winwin had joined the Phoenixes early on, one of the first few members, and the first Chinese one. Somewhere along the lines, he had met Jiayi and the two of them fell in love. Knowing that the two couldn't be together, Jiayi became a phoenix for Winwin and brought Renjun along with her.

It surprised Donghyuck that Renjun had never hated his sister for dragging him along with her into the gang life, but Donghyuck guessed that his friend's love for Winwin overpowered that. Plus, Renjun's sassy and savage personality seemed to make him a perfect fit for the gang.

Donghyuck chuckled at the thought of Renjun and Winwin. Jiayi was slightly pissed that her younger brother had called her boyfriend's name first and gave him a big hug while all she got was a glare and "why are you here?"

Donghyuck was so busy thinking about the the events in the parking lot that he didn't even notice that the female has joined him at the bar.

"Long time no see, Haechan." Donghyuck jumped at the voice, earning a smile from Jiayi.

"Don't do that!" Donghyuck exclaimed, making the girl throw her head back in laughter.

"You deserve it, you haven't even greeted me yet." Jiayi replied.

"Renjun told me not to." Donghyuck lied but Jiayi saw right through it.

"As much as it sounds like something my brother would do, I know for a fact he didn't." Jiayi said, taking a seat on the stool beside him. "So tell me, what's up?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Donghyuck responded. Jiayi looked around and Donghyuck's eyes followed hers to the crowd gathered around Winwin and Taeil.

She leaned forward on the counter so she was closed to Donghyuck. "Tell me about your girlfriend."

Donghyuck's eyes widened in shock. "How did you know?"

Jiayi smiled. "Renjun and Taeil are terrible at keeping secrets, especially to me. So spill, I want to hear all about it. And it's not like I care anyways, I wasn't a phoenix either when I fell for Sicheng."

Donghyuck sighed. "I don't know. She's just so beautiful and lovely but the fact that she's not a phoenix complicates everything."

Jiayi nodded her head. "I can understand that. It's hard, Sicheng always told me that. But somehow it worked out for us in the end."

"Yeah, and I'm glad it did. For you and Winwin-hyung of course. I'm still mad that you had to bring that annoying brat with you."

Donghyuck suddenly felt himself being held in a headlock.

"Annoying brat? Do you want to die?" Renjun said, from behind him.

"L-l-let. G-go." Donghyuck choked out as Jiayi gave the two young boys a smile.

"Apologize first you off-pitch swine." Renjun replied.

Donghyuck felt his airways close up and looked towards Jiayi for help.

"Xiao di, he's turning purple." Jiayi said, pointing at Donghyuck. Renjun loosened his grip.

"Be glad she's here to save you." Renjun said as Donghyuck coughed, holding his neck as he tried to breathe again.

"What's going on here?" Winwin asked, wrapping an arm around his girlfriend.

"Just catching up with the kiddos." Jiayi replied. She turned her attention to the two boys. "Are you two coming over for dinner with us?"

"Who's cooking?" Renjun asked, resting his arm on Donghyuck's shoulder.

"Don't worry, it'll be Taeil, not Sicheng." Jiayi said, Winwin nodding in agreement.

"Not trying to burn down Taeil's place just yet." Winwin said just as Jaehyun approached them.

"Winwin, Taeyong wants to head out now." Jaehyun told them. Winwin nodded, placing a peck on Jiayi's head.

"Guess I won't be there for dinner, love. Have fun with Taeil and the kids." Winwin said, giving them a small wave before heading off with Jaehyun. Jiayi turned her attention towards the two younger boys.

"So when am I going to see the new speaker set up Renjun told me about?" Jiayi asked, a glimmer in her eyes.

...

"Female on deck!" Renjun yelled as Jiayi followed the two boys into the small apartment. "I hope you're all decent."

"Why wouldn't we be." Chenle said, leaving his room. His eyes widened as he saw Renjun's sister.

"Jie jie!" Chenle yelled, running to give Jiayi a big hug. Jisung slowly came out, following him.

"Who is it?" Jeno asked, turning around from the couch. The second he saw the girl, he stuffed his cigarette into the ash tray.

"Finally." Jaemin mumbled from beside him, earning a look from Jeno. Donghyuck chuckled, sitting on the other side of Jeno on the couch.

"At least someone appreciates me." Jiayi said as she patted Chenle's head, earning an eye roll from Renjun.

"Who is that?" Jisung whispered to Donghyuck.

"Huang Jiayi, Renjun's older sister. You know the Winwin guy we told you about from China?" Donghyuck asked. Jisung nodded. "His girlfriend."

"I can hear you, Haechan." Jiayi said as Chenle released her. "Is this the newest addition to the phoenixes?"

"Yeah! This is my best friend." Chenle told her. Jiayi gave the boy a look.

"Yah, Zhong Chenle. You made the poor boy swear loyalty on you, didn't you?" Jiayi asked him. Chenle scratched the back of his head.

"He wanted to become one too! It's not my fault." Chenle said defensively. Jiayi chuckled.

"I'll forgive you on one condition." Jiayi said with a smirk.

Donghyuck groaned. Renjun's sister was literally the same person as Renjun, except older and female.

"What is it?" Chenle asked, curious.

"Well, Taeil decided to go out with the boys so that leaves me with no cook for dinner." Jiayi said, slyly.

Chenle gave the girl a side eye. "What makes you think I have the ingredients?"

"Oh come on, I thought you were smart. Why are you asking dumb questions that only Haechan would say?" Jiayi said, making the others laugh.

Donghyuck whipped his head around. "Why am I being dragged into this?"

"Because you make my brother whine to me and it's annoying." Jiayi said before turning to Chenle. "So, are you going to do it or not."

Chenle let out a deep sigh, glancing around the room. "Fine, I'll make us luosifeng."

Groans came from the boys scattered around the apartment. The last time Chenle had made the dish, the apartment had smelled for a week. Even with Jaemin nagging at them to clean the place, and them actually helping him, it still smelled terrible.

"Yay, thanks Chenle!" Jiayi said before plopping onto the couch, a huge grin on her face.

Donghyuck got up to go to his room, Renjun quickly following behind. Once the door closed, the two boys exchanged looks.

"I don't know how she does it. Your sister is literally the only person I know aside from Jaemin who is immune to Jeno's wrath. In fact, I think Jeno's scared of her." Donghyuck said. Renjun nodded his head.

"Yeah, Jiayi really is no joke." Renjun said just as someone began banging on their door.

"Yah you brats! If you want to hide from me, you'll have to do better!" Jiayi yelled from the other side of the door.

Donghyuck and Renjun immediately exchanged looks of sheer terror before their door burst open.

———————————————————————————

Isn't this such a cute chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.6K 4.2K 15
[l.dh x h.rj] ❝ i'm a good kisser, i promise ❞ Book 1 | EXTRACURRICULAR SERIES standalone story renhyuck | 2021 @sungchan_sunday_
54.5K 4.7K 41
Mark's encounter with a guy named Haechan one morning, led to many train rides and walks around the city. Their mission was simple: remembering and f...
1.1M 61.1K 83
"because water is the only thing that could tame his inferno." ΰΌ„ where two distraught prodigies find sense in each other. COMPLETED βœ“ BOOK TWO OUT NO...
293K 15.8K 36
Ft. NCT's Huang Renjun There were two rules: 1. Never wander the dark streets alone at night. 2. If you see a person wearing a black leather jacket...