Letting go of pain

By Gracejenniferanne

Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
chapter 71
Chapter 72
extra chapter (73)
extra chapter (74 )
finale

Chapter 40

80.4K 2.3K 542
By Gracejenniferanne

cooking a storm

 When I got home I went straight to my room to do homework. First day of school and I got homework I am so lucky.

Eww

I was just starting to do the English essay on the laptop they bought me to use when Bruno walked in. he walked to my bed and dramatically fell on the bed. "I am dying". He whined pouting dramatically putting him over his forehead for extra effect. "you look alive to me". I muttered rolling my eyes then closing the laptop to lay down next to him. "well my history teacher gave our class extra work so now I have to do an extra analysis". He whined then looking at me for sympathy. I rolled my eyes then playfully nudged him with my shoulder. "you'll live it's easy". He rolled his eyes then sighed. "easy for you to say you got it done in class". I chuckled to myself remembering Bruno's and the classes shocked face. These clueless assholes thought I was dumb. "I will help you". I said quickly giving him a stiff smile. "thanks, twinny"! he chirped giving me a big kiss on the cheek. I grimaced in disgust and wiped my cheek shuddering in the process. "That's disgusting". I faked gagged giving him a glare.

"You love it". he smirked at me put his arms under his head for a pillow. "whatever". I rolled my eyes in defeat before shifting to get more comfortable. "you do that a lot". I looked at him weirdly. "what"? he chuckled then shook his head. "roll your eyes". I clicked my tongue and tried to fight the urge to roll my eyes. "what can I say it's a natural talent". I cheered sarcastically making him laugh lightly. "so, did you honestly have a good day at school"? I gave him a wary look. I don't know if it is the twin bond or some shit but he just makes me so safe and that I can talk to him about anything. "yeah it was good". I said swiftly smiling to myself. We then both raised both our legs in the air and started playing footsies. We then talked about the school day. I told him all about the blonde bimbos, Lexi and Daniel I decided to leave out the obnoxious arrogant asshole though. He was happy when I told him about Lexi but grimaced when I told him about Daniel. He only relaxed a bit when I told him he was gay, he was still mad but he will get over it. "I can't believe you called Emily and her minions thing 1,2 and 3". He laughed to himself making me laugh a bit too.

We laughed a bit more and made jokes about the three bimbos before Bruno told me more about his best friend. He told me about his street racing and how he and his friend compete against each other and how they have to been best friends ever since middle school. Ethan actually sounds pretty decent I am happy my twin has such a great friend. "what about your friend"? I raised my eyebrows giving him a confused look. "you know the friend who called you". I realised now what he meant and formed an 'o' shape. "yeah Ryan he is good". I nodded my head smiling to myself. "so how long have you being friends"? he seemed to look a little bit annoyed and worried. "well we met when I was 12 at the car junkyard he was walking past then so on and so on". I decided to leave out the part It was past midnight and that I actually caught Ryan dealing drugs. He gave me a questioning look. "what were you doing at the car junkyard when you were 12"?

"there was a car pile I liked climbing up it always calmed me. I would go there to get away from home". I shrugged not really caring anymore he gave me a sad knowing look then wrapped a hug around me giving me a side hug. I then told him more about Ryan how he helped me, how he taught me self-defence how the bastard never left me alone. Bruno didn't even seem mad about Ryan anymore instead he looked more thankful.

**

After a while I walked downstairs more than surprised to see Alex cooking in the kitchen. "what are you doing". I asked cautiously. "Oh, I am just cooking dinner dad dismissed the maids to give them a break". I nodded and felt a sudden wave of respect for Dad and my brothers that was nice of them. "so, what are you making". I said clapping my hands together mischievously. "spaghetti". He asked giving me a warm smile. I nodded my head and felt myself salivating as I smelt the mouth-watering garlic and cooked tomatoes. "did you want to help"? I gave him a worried look at home the only thing I really 'cooked' was microwaveable meals and besides that the only thing I know how to make is pancakes. But a part of me was excited and happy I have always wanted to do something like this. It brought me back to when I was with john. "Um ok". I said hiding my excitement the best I could.

He smirked smiling to himself victoriously but then cleared his throat when he saw me standing awkwardly in the kitchen not knowing what to do. "ok just wash your hands and then cut up some mushrooms". I nodded then did what he said and grabbed the knife but felt a bit useless. Cause I had no fucking clue on how to even cut a flipping mushroom. He smiled softly at me then came beside me putting his spoon aside and shifting away from the stove. "here let me show you". I bit my lip trying default the growing smile as he showed me how to cut the mushroom without chopping off all my fingers. "make sure to tuck your fingers in because we don't want any fingers dancing around in the sauce". I giggled a bit lightly shaking my head. He then put on some music so we were now dancing to Katy perry as we (he) were cooking. I have never had so much fun! He twirled me around picked me up and spun me around. At times like these, I feel like I am the seven-year-old little girl with john. It makes me think that maybe john sent me these people in my life. As each day goes by I find my cold heart-melting and find myself loving my family more and more as each day goes by. Each day getting harder and harder to keep the cold-hearted act happening and the wall around my heart standing.

"CAUSE BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK". We both screeched pointing to each other. "Come on show 'em what your worth". He spun me around, ignoring the boys weird looks as they piled in the kitchen. "make 'em go".

"OH" he pointed at me. "Oh" I pointed at him. "OH".

"As you shoot across the sky-y-y" Milo came spinning me around the room holding me high above his head as he held my waist securely not letting me fall. We then erupted in loud light laughter earning amused looks from dad, Enzo and Louis. Milo then put me down giving me a loving kiss on the forehead. A sudden wave of embarrassment washed over me going straight to my cheeks. I cleared my throat and awkwardly shoved my hands in my pockets trying to hide from my embarrassment. "sup". I said awkwardly nodding my head at my brothers and dads amused smirks. "hello Bambina". Dad smiled making me grimace slightly how much did they see me and Alex's little show. "dinner is ready"! Alex chirped putting parmesan on the plates as well a piece of garlic bread on each.

I happily took the plate and shuffled to the dining quicker than you can say 'spaghetti' earning loud chuckles from the kitchen. I was rather eager to hide from the swarming embarrassment and what better way to do it then stuffing your face with tomatoey rich garlicky deliciousness.

You can tell just by looking at the little girl that 24/7 she is going through a mental battle. She is always trying to hide her emotions trying her hardest to stay in her little shell that she has created. But tonight, it was as if the shell had a massive crack and we got to look at the real Breanna. The carless innocent beautiful young girl. The girl we all saw tonight and what at times we have seen short glances of was so carefree, loving and so beautiful. She tries her hardest to show herself as being a cold-hearted and non-caring emotionless person. But the truth is she is the opposite of that. She tries her best to show that she doesn't care what people say or what people think but in truth, she cares the most. she tries so heartbreakingly hard to hide but we all saw. We all saw the truth. My baby sister is honestly the strongest person I  know. She has legit being through hell and back but she is still fighting. She is still fighting for survival and that is what I admire her most about her. most people who have had gone through what she has would be a broken porcelain doll waiting for us to pick up the pieces. But not her! she has on numerous occasions made it quite aware and clear that she doesn't need us to fight her battles. And although she tries her best to push us away we all know that it is an act and that deep down in her heart she is just waiting for love and nurture.

The day I met her I knew she was strong, I knew from the minute she tried to punch me in the fact that she was my sister.

She was a Moretti.

I instantly felt protective of her and wanted to protect her from all the harms in the world. As strong as the girl in front of me was, she was still so innocent and looked so vulnerable. And I knew from the moment dad and the rest of my brothers saw her we had to fight the urge to not lock her in the tallest tower.

She sat in her seat shoving food in her blushing cheeks trying to hide her clear embarrassment. We all chuckled at her antics as strong as she tries to seem she is still so innocent and shy.

Our sister was perfect.

Father, as usual, wanted to hear about our days but more importantly, wanted to hear Sorella's day. We all wanted to hear her day. She doesn't talk much and you can tell she hates talking but we are still and won't ever stop fighting until she opens up. She told us very bluntly and very stiffly about her new friends. we all got angry when we heard one of her friends was a guy. And I swear actual alarm bells went off in my head like hell would I let my baby sister ever date. She is too good for this world no guy in hell would ever be allowed to go near her or so much as look at her. I am usually a calm and collected guy but when it comes to my family and more specifically my baby sister that is when all hell breaks loose.

When my mother left I was heartbroken and I made my promise to myself to never let anything happen to the rest of my family. I made the promise that if anyone so much as disarms a hair on their head that I will make that motherfucker pay. So when I met my sister and later learnt that she wasn't as naïve and innocent to the world as we thought all hell broke loose. And now those dirty bastards will suffer in pain and only ever know pain for the rest of their life's. we have all had our turns with them, making sure they suffer hell and the Moretti's rage. But what scares us the most is that we still don't know the full extent of it. just looking at her and her scars and past injuries you can tell it was hell. But I have a feeling when she fully opens up and tells us all of the truth then Satan itself will appear in all of us.

So now till that day, I will be waiting every minute, every hour and every day until she opens up.

And only then Satan himself will only know what I will do. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hidden By RA

General Fiction

12.1K 434 57
Valeriana has known nothing but neglect and abuse. Her mother took her from her father and brothers at the age of 3. Valeriana has no knowledge of he...
2.8M 76.5K 50
She's a fifteen-year-old girl who killed her "father" in self-defense and lied about it to the police. She thinks she has no other family members and...
23.5K 796 13
Alexandria Brio is a 16-year-old girl who knows pain like the back of her hand. After getting kidnapped at the young age of two she has known nothing...
377K 7.8K 30
After Briana Smith tragic accident, she was never the same. Her older brother Ethan Black tried his hardest to protect Bri, however, it wasn't enough...