Royals: Misfits

Da _aubrstories

Allison Carpio decided to lead a secret team of students in order to take down a group of rebellious teenager... Altro

author's note
...
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
epilogue
final notes + trivias

chapter thirty seven

12 0 0
Da _aubrstories

37: Triumph (Last Chap)

ALLISON

I fell on my knees, a sharp sound surrounding the whole room. I heard Leslie's cry of anger towards the man above me, looking down, but his chin up. I looked up to him, holding my cheek.

"I did not ask you to be a disgrace, Allison." Don Lorenzo's tone was a pitch higher, "but you dare to be one by messing with the enemy!"

My eyes were trying to catch his own ones, yet it seemed to evade mine. As if I was a mere peasant in his home. What I instead caught, was Leslie's worried look, asking if I was okay.

I nodded, despite the fact that my cheeks felt painful as the stab wound I had from Dexter a few days back.

I still consider myself lucky, as he let me heal first before confronting him. I have a love-hate relationship towards him. Hate, being the idea of having a clan with a set of rules to follow, and love, for how the Arguello's are true and loyal to their act of kindness, and was one of the reason why I had the upper hand over Dexter in terms of connections.

"I had to do it. Would you mind thinking if I haven't tried to fight off the younger Mariano, what would've happened to me?"

"Are you doubting the rules of this family?"

I scoff. "The Mariano's has been harassing people. We experienced it before hand, and it is our loyalty for our people to cease their acts, but why hadn't you done something about it? We have nothing to lose, abuelo."

Don Lorenzo clicked his tongue. "Your courage... very very familiar. The very same tone of voice you used is the same as your mother Amparo who pleaded to let her marry Martin."

"The point is?"

"The loyalty you bear must be faltering..."

My palms barely touched the cold, marble floor when I stood, leveling his flaming eyes. "It's not. I only had found a way to defend myself that you can't do."

"Can't do?" Don Lorenzo leaned closer, the wrinkles on his face visible on my sight. "The family protected you. When you went to that club, when you called the police on your school, when you started losing yourself."

I unconciosuly had bit my tongue, the burning rage earlier started faltering. His words rang in my head, and I hated it because he's right. The family had helped me from the start. I wanted to have a fair battle, but bearing his surname got me the upper hand as I mentioned.

"I am not a villain, Allison." his voice suddenly turned soft. "You know what happened to Leslie, and I certainly remember what you did and I will forever appreaciate you for it, but you're not in a good state right now."

After minutes of contemplating silence, I had my head down.

Maybe he was right.

As soon as I got home, I've chosen to stay at my room for the longest time. I had myself curled up on my bed, thoughts flying all over my head. I was interrupted the vibration my phone had made. It was because of the flooding messages. Most are from the Royals GC, but one of them was from Marie.

Unknown Number

You be better 'aight.

Take time to rest your mind.

U did great u r always gr8 my friend

don't reply in this # trust me

Delete this mes as soon as u read it lol

After the whole knife fiasco, and after waking up from the sleeping drugs that was shot at me, I had no idea what happened. Everything was a blur, more like fragmented pieces of events. Again, I woke up to see Leslie's face painted with wound. I broke down in Leslie's arms, as the girl consoled me. My mind was in a mess.

I was back from the '3 days a week' therapy that I've been having since 13. Mrs. Fajardo, the family's trusted psychologist, was glad that I've been seeing her again, since she had grown fond of me through the years.

I remember my first time stepping into his room, my feet hesitant of stepping closer to the woman seated behind an oak desk. Leopoldo (although most call him Leo), Leslie's father was behind me, his hand giving my back a little push, urging me to sit on the brown sofa just beside the table.

"Eto naba yung Allison?" I heard her soft-spoken voice, that seemed to put great comfort to the wounds that felt burning when my skin came contact of the cold air inside the room.

Leopoldo nodded. "Pamangkin ko, anak ni Amparo."

The woman returned her eyes to me, traveling down from head to toe. "Ang ganda-ganda niyang bata, kaso... bakit puno yata siya ng mga pasa? Sinong gumawa niyan sa kanya?"

"Si lolo kasi..." he sighed, "sinabi ko nang 'wag takutin si Alexander. Ayaw

kasi niyang tanggapin na siya yung ama nung bata. Ayos naman ang pamumuhay nilang dalawa ni Amparo pagkatapos silang naikasal ng walang pahintulot kay lolo, kaso bigla na lang silang sinugod. Alam naman dapat ni lolong kailangan rin ng tulong ni Alexander."

"Alexander?"

I saw how Leopoldo hesitated. He glanced at me, and smiled. "Tatay niya, pero siya rin ang gumawa niyan sa kanya."

"Nako naman... Inatake nanaman siya-"

"Oo. Noong nahanap nila lolo yung lugar kung na'san sila nina Amparo, hinabol siya ng mga bantay. Sa kasamaang palad, nakatakas siya, dala-dala si Allison. Naiwan yung kapatid niyang si Allena kay Amparo. Noong sinabi ni Amparo ang tungkol 'don, hindi na'ko nagpaligoy-ligoy pa't pinahanap si Martin sa buong probinsya, naniniwalang buhay pa siya."

"At hindi niyo nahanap?"

He shook his head. "Hindi. Dumaan ang taon nang wala kaming makuhang impormasyon sa kanya. Hindi naman ako tumigil kasi ayokong nakikitang malungkot si Amparo sa pagkawala ng isa pa niyang anak, pero si Allison mismo ang nagdala sa'min papunta sa kanya nang may magsabing nag-aaral pala siya sa isang malayong elementarya."

"Hindi naman natakot sa'kin ang bata noong lapitan ko. Kaso lang, ayaw niya akong pakinggan kasi binalaan ni Martin, na doon ko nakumpirmang buhay siya. Gustohin ko mang malaman mismo mula kay Allison kung 'san sila nakatira, e wala akong nagawa kung hindi nagpatulong na sa mismong school nang mapansin ang mga galos at sugat niya tuwing pupuntahan ko siya."

Leopoldo sighed, and looked at the woman. "Nakuha na nga namin si Allison, pero sa kasamaang palad, nakawala muli si Martin sa'min. Pero mas ayos na'ko sa ganito."

"Hahanapin mo pa rin ba siya, Leo?" the woman asked after his story.

"Syempre. Tulad ng sabi ko, kailangan niya ng tulong. Alam mo naman iyon."

She leaned back on her seat, clasping both her hands together. "Napakabait ni Martin, kaso nakaka-apekto sa kanya yung pamilya niyo. Meron na siyang past records sa ibang mga doktor, at mukhang naging maayos naman ang lagay niya sa matagal na panahon hanggang sa makilala niya si Amparo."

Leopoldo got out of his seat, squatting in front of me to level his face to mine. "Maging mabait ka kay Mrs. Fajardo, ha? Tutulungan ka niyang mawala yung mga nightmares mo."

"Talaga?" I could hear the hopeful tone in my voice.

"Oo naman. Basta maging honest ka lang sa kanya. Tapos after nito, kakain tayo sa labas nina Leslie. Hihintayin kita."

After what I've been through under my father, Leopoldo was the one who saved me. I am forever thankful he never gave up on looking for us, to bring me back to my family. Since I was very young when I was taken, it took me time to be 'close' with my real, remaning family: my mother, and my sister Allena.

Other than them, I had quite grown close with Leslie, a first cousin from Leopoldo, as she was always the one who's with me when they decided to let me switch schools. I had a rocky start, due to me being an Arguello (despite the different surname), but Leslie has always been my saving grace.

She was the one that told me about the Arguellos, and what it's like being one. A month after my first therapy, I had started my first training, which is mandatory on each member of the family.

This usually starts at the age of 8, where they'll expose you to different ways of defending yourself and attacking your enemy. I started with Karate, and worked my way up to harder ones as I grew older like Ninjutsu and Krav Maga.

I had came late with what happened to me. They we're astonished with how I did every training session however, due to the fact that I learned things quickly than usual, and my body's strong tolerance to pain.

Which always reminded me of this one time where my father had stabbed me, telling me not to cry and endure the pain. He told me to treat the wound on my own. It wasn't a good picture to remember.

Other than training, one must specialize with a skill. Be it in agriculture, arts, engineering, music or technology. You must choose one and start mastering it at a young age. Leslie had chosen business, so she was getting special math classes for her to be good at it. In my case, I had no idea what I'm getting at.

This led some cousins to suggest me things. Amaury Pierre, urged me to try Science, Lowe, Lusenyx and Libretto, Leslie's brothers, urged me to try the field of Arts.

Finally, I saw a spark of interest within me when I discovered that I had a liking with drawing. However, I still wasn't sure about it.

That's when Calixto came, and suggested programming. He told me all the possibilities it could bring to me in the future if I ever start learning about it. The job I could get. The things I could make with it. Blinded by the idea of that purpose, I pursued it.

And up until this day, I do not regret taking it.

However, it didn't have the fun that I had with drawing. Sure, it's still fun to make my computer do things for me, it was always different with drawing. There was still a set of rules for me to tell the computer what to do but with drawing, it was subjective.

But it all comes down to the word, purpose.

"Ayaw mo bang kamustahin yung mga kaibigan mo, Alli?"

The silence of the room was broken when I heard Leslie's voice from behind. I had been leaning in front of the room's window, staring outside, where it is shown how the city is drowning in darkness, stars already decorated in the sky.

I haven't got the voice to reply, thinking about how would they be after what happened. I'm not gonna lie, I do miss them a lot. They gave me a sense of comfort that I longed for when Phoenix and Evan left. But the feeling of guilt was there to remind me how they also endured the torture gamechangers did to them just to protect me and go with the plan that we had.

"Inggit ako sa'yo, 'dami mong Christmas gifts last year! Loko-lokong Franz, niregaluhan nga ako ng rice cooker!" I can't help but chuckle, 'cause Leslie's reaction that time was truly priceless.

"Ba't 'di mo sila kamustahin?"

I sighed. "After what happened to them?"

"It's no one's fault, Alli."

I turned around to face the woman who now bears a worried look. "They saw what happened to me back there. I am dangerous, Leslie. I could hurt them-"

"Dahil nandoon yung kaaway mo." she cut me off, "Pero bakit noong nag-stay kayo dito walang nangyari? Or how about this, gusto mo ba silang saktan?"

"No." I answer without hesitation.

"Of course you don't! And that's what matters Alli, because you care... and caring isn't bad, it just shows that you have a heart. You're doing great with them."

"I think I have to leave them, Les. That somehow would be the safer option for them to continue their studies." I don't know what force was telling me not to side on Leslie, but it was strong. Strong yet fragile. As if I was waiting for a sign.

Or waiting for Leslie to say a magic word.

"You don't have to. They care for you too, and you deserve it, because you also do. You love them, and that what seperates you from Martin, from what your father tells you."

"Is that enough though?" I croaked.

"Syempre." Leslie smiled, "Love overpowers everything, kasi it's so complex, that we choose to define it ourselves, na dapat hindi naman. Your friends staying by your side is a sign of love, so you shouldn't be afraid. Kung takot kang masaktan sila, trust me, that's when the truth comes."

Even before I can manage to speak, she pulled me into a hug. This time, I had the strength to return it to her. I had to, because I didn't know how would I return her deeds for me. She knows me the most out of all the people inside the family. Not only she was a cousin, but she is a sister to me.

"Kakausapin ka mamaya ni Lolo, kaya kung anong nasa saloobin mo, sabihin mo lang. Hindi naman siya masamang tao e, just flawed."

"What if he doesn't agree to everything I said?"

"E lagi naman siyang ganun sa'yo 'diba?" Leslie chuckled. "Maniwala ka sa'kin. He will listen to you. Naiintindihan naman niyang you're not in a good state."

"But he just slapped me earlier." I deadpanned, which earned me another chuckle from her.

"You know what? I just hope he says sorry for that." and yes, he fortunately did.

And as if by fate, my friends came after the talk, urging me to continue the fight with them.

***

I decided to enter school the next day.

But as I enter the junior high lobby however, I was surprised by the sea of students present, even if it was already time. Alexid and the others were behind me, smiling, not even minding the loud chatters of the nearby crowd.

Is there an occasion today?

When one had noticed our presence, suddenly multiple cheers and yells erupted from the crowd, but one was clear which was our group name.

"Hindi tamang ma-expel ka, Alli!" one student had yelled.

"Susuporta kami sa inyo dahil sa ginawa ninyo!" another one had butted in.

I only returned the smile, not knowing how would I react. I'm overwhelmed. The support Alexid was talking about was way exaggerated than I expected. I wasn't really updated on what's happening around Asplund since our suspension.

The gang had told me the forums had blown up with support for us. Even some of the teachers were there! (Although, they we're telling all of the present students to go back to class at 8am sharp).

Which made me wonder where are the gamechangers now?

"Where are the gamechangers?" I ask Alexid.

"Not sure. Pumasok naman sila kahapon, pero with what's happening with Dexter's case... ayaw nilang pumasok." she answered back.

Fortunately, the students had their decency to make way for us to the office, some cheering us up. The others behind me kept silent, just as I was today. All I know is I'm now in front of the door. Opening it will change everything, opening that brown door will decide my friends and mine's fate.

Even before I could reach the knob, it had turned itself, and the door swung backwards. It was revealed to be Phoenix who was behind it, who gave me a grin when our eyes met.

Her eyes scanned the scene behind me, chuckling as she chose to face me again. "You have done it, and you did well."

I heard her sigh, which prompt me to wait for her to say more.

"I'm really sorry." Her eyes became solemn, both of her hands we're inside her pockets. "Look, hindi 'yon sapat but I just need to say it because I am not the friend you deserve. Nahihiya ako Alli, kasi alam kong mali ang ginawa ko. Akala ko mababago ko sila, but you did my job for me."

"You have your own ways of doing things, and honestly, I'm so jealous. Tingnan mo silang pito." she motioned the people behind me, "they are considered as misfits in Asplund, but you didn't. I had told them my sorries, but I want to personally say my apology to you too."

I watched as she took of her glasses and sighed, her eyes now focused on the ground.

It is heartbreaking to see a former friend realizing her wrongdoings, in a time where things are going the way they should. There was a hint of bitterness inside me that did not want to forgive her, but seeing her vulnerable like this, reminded me of Alexid who just wanted a friend to see and accept her flaws.

"I mean..." Phoenix was fast enough to look up to me as soon as I had found my voice again. "... starting all over won't hurt, right?"

I continued. "And you, being the witness of Thea's case speaks for you. I know you mean well. And I learned a lot after all the things I had to endure for Evan, and for them... and one of that is to accept. You don't have to mold yourself into someone you're not just to fit in to people. Let people hate you. Let people judge you, because would that change you if you don't give a f*ck?"

She finally cracked a smile.

"But change is inevitable. So, just be aware of it, accept it, but keep hold of your real self, 'cause someone will believe in you, and you might already know that someone."

As fast as lightning, I was embraced by the girl. It had calmed me down. The baggages that I held onto for the past years were finally gone. And as if he was really there, there was Evan behind her, standing with a smile on his face.

"I might have to take time for myself for now, but I'll remember your word." she suddenly told me.

"If you need help, a call wouldn't hurt." she chuckled upon my reply, breaking the hug.

"I guess... So this is it, Alli. This is triumph. I'll be forever glad that you have won."

Her last words before departing from us, going up to our room. My eyes followed her figure, realizing that the students from the lobby were not present anymore. The eight of us only remained. I turned around to see all of them still smiling.

"Naiyak ako sa mga sinabi niyo, Alli. Grabe!" Aira was already crying.

"Naiyak o na-nosebleed?" We shared laughs from the joke Alexid has said. She had joined beside me, looking at the door of the Dean's office.

"Tulad ng sabi ko, maghihintay kami, we'll stay."

It took me a minute to turn around and quickly face everyone. "Thank you... everyone."

No words were exchanged as we shared a group hug. As soon as we broke apart, I took tentative steps towards the door. I finally turn the knob, opening the said door with a newfound courage.

"Wait, ngayon ko lang nakita yung bracelet na 'yan ah!" Alexid exclaimed, pointing at the said bracelet on my right wrist.

My eyes flew to a certain guy who was trying to avoid eye contact with us. I had to force myself to keep a straight face as I was an only seconds away from chuckling. "It was Daryll's christmas gift, along with the sneakers."

I quickly enter and close the door behind me, filtering the noise the group created as I answer Alexid's question.

And as if time was playing games with me, everything went slow. The steps I took towards Mr. Mendez, and I saw myself sit in front of him with a smile on my face.

I had temporarily close my eyes, and whispered one thing in my head: This was all for you, Evan.

~*~

Halos dalawang oras ang lumipas ng nasabing deliberation ni Allison. Hindi nga piniling pumasok ng natirang pito sa kanilang mga klase at nagpa-alam na hihintayin si Allison. Umupo sila sa malapit na bench mula sa office.

Nag-asaran lamang sila at naglaro para malibang, ramdam ang kakaibang katahimikan at kapayapaan matapos ang mga nangyari laban sa gamechangers. Para bang nakahinga sila mula sa pagkakasakal. Para bang ngayon ay nakalabas sila ng kulungan.

Isa-isa na rin ngang nakuha ang mga nasabing miyembro ng Strikers. Ang iba sumuko sa Dean, at ang iba ay hinahanap pa rin. At sa hindi inaasahang pagkakataon, naging testigo na rin si Eldar sa kaso. Nasabi ng lalaki na ito ay kabayaran sa mga ginawa ng babae para makuha ang inaasam-asam na katahimika ng ekswelahan.

Nabanggit pa nito sa grupo ang pasasalamat dahil sa kabaitan ng pamilya ni Allison sa lalaki, na kilala rin ang mga Arguello.

Mula sa mga oras na 'yon, tuluyan nang nawala ang dating gulong kanilang hinarap.

Natigil sila sa tunog ng pintong bumukas. Doon na lumipat ang tingin nila sa office at nakitang nasa labas na nga si Allison, na may ngiti pa rin sa mga labi mula sa pagpasok nito kanina.

Walang sinayang na pagkakataon si Alexid para takbuhin ang direksyon ng kaibigan at inatake siya ng mahigpit na yakap. Sumama na rin ang iba.

Doon na nakumpirma ni Alexid na nakuha na nito ang inaasam na kasiyahan. Ang inaasam na hustisya para sa kaibigan.

Narinig nito ang bulong ng kaibigan sa tenga, na nakapagbigay ngiti sa mga labi nito.

"Thank you."

Doon na nga nag-iba na ang kahulugan ng salitang 'Misfits' para kay Alexid nang dahil sa mismong babaeng kayakap nito. Nang dahil sa kanya'y nagbago ang ikot ng mundo ng mga taong nasa tabi niya ngayon.

Agad nitong pinagpasalamatan ang Diyos at ang tadhana na sila'y nagkakilala.

END.

a.n. // thank you for reading allison's story! epilogue and extra notes still to come :)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

151K 11.4K 169
Si Austin Louis Vermilion, ang main character na ipinanganak na maganda,sexy, matalino-pero syempre charot lang yun! Walang ganun sa story na 'to! OK...
2.8M 53.3K 31
Si crush ang gusto ko pero girlfriend niya ang nakuha ko. She's a monster. A beautiful monster, my own Monteclaro. NOTE: THIS STORY IS ALREADY COMPLE...
701K 15.3K 57
Published under IMMAC PPH Cyienna Calixta Marcielo-more on-Ciara Callista Martell, a Runaway Royalty to get away from what her mother wants, running...
3.2M 159K 54
[RFYL book 2] When the enemy is close behind, you need to run as fast as you can. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN Written by: SHINICHILAAAABS Genre: Science F...