Between The Two of Us

By RAGarcia

Danny is shy. He sees the world as a game and the endgame is the future. Predicting and worrying is what Dann... More

Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Part Two
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Part Three
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
The Final Chapter

Chapter Eleven

353 12 0
By RAGarcia

As Danny looked into the mirror, it reflected the face of a sad man. His eyes were red and tears were flowing from them. All Danny could think about was needing to get his shit together. It kind of sucked when Danny couldn't even do this because of James. This one guy was distracting the shit out of him. Danny's never felt like this since Lucas but it wasn't this strong that he had to go to the restroom to cry about seeing him kiss Alice. What was wrong with him? They'd kissed a dozen times so why did he feel so shitty now?

He breathed in and out. Calming his nerves was all he could do. Danny wasn't about to let this steer him away from his goal which included leaving the hell hole which was his high school. It was all a game he reminded himself. He needed to get through this. The end goal was so close. First semester was almost over and finals was near. That's what he should focus on, finals. Not some fucking delusional fantasy.

"Focus..." Danny told himself as he walked outside the boy's restroom.

Luckily, the bell had rung and he was able to escape to his AP Biology class. No tests today so he was relieved about that since he had spend the previous night thinking about James. It was the first time since dating Lucas that Danny had been steered away from his academic goals. But Danny was determined to pass his classes and get away from this small town. He wanted nothing more than a simple life filled with the best the world had to offer. Mainly he wanted to meet the famous people that actually deserves to walk the red carpet. Those people that changed the way the world actually was viewed. He wanted to meet Stephen Hawking and Tim Berners, actual people who changed the world.

After class was over Danny was debating wether he should just go out and drive to Lucas's place or not. He knew his mother wouldn't mind since Lucas and her mother where close. Danny decided it would be better to go to Lucas's home for a little while at least. As Danny was turning on the engine he heard someone shouting his name but he drove off anyways thinking it was his arrival Xavier, who was a dick beyond dicks.

He got to Lucas's house. It was small and blue and had a classic homey feeling to it. His father no doubt kept the lawn looking beautiful since he did run a gardening business. Danny knocked on the door expecting to Lucas burst out since he hadn't seen Lucas all day at school but was surprised to be greeted by Mr. Hart himself.

"What're you doing here?" Mr. Hart said with a smile.

"I was looking for Lucas." Danny said.

"He must've gone off with one of this friends or something." Mr. Hart said as he walked into the house which held a lot of fond memories for Danny.

The living room with a DVD player and watching Star Wars with Mr. Hart and his son Lucas. They both love watching the original trilogy and made it a tradition to watch it at least once a month. This brought a kind of warmth to Danny's heart. Memories of his relationship with Lucas made him smile. It was those moments that made Danny miss what they used to have.

"So what has my favorite smartass been up to?" Mr. Hart gave his signature goofy smile.

"Nothing much just studying and getting As in my classes." Danny felt so comfortable in Mr. Hart's presence.

Mr. Hart was the kind of father that was strong and brave. He loved Lucas to death and instead of being consumed by depression after his wife's death he was filled with a hope and love for his son. Lucas had said his father wasn't always this jolly and nice but there was certainly no trace of dark Mr. Hart anywhere whenever Danny was around, at least.

"That's not what Lucas has been telling me though." Mr. Hart winked at me. "There must be a boy in my son's life."

"Well, I see Lucas told you." Danny said with no surprise.

"So there is a boy?"

"There was not is."

"What happened?"

Danny, or basically anyone, could confide to Mr. Hart considering that he was a therapist. There was something about Mr. Hart as well that made you trust him. Wether it was his concerned eyes or open ears Danny could never really pin it.

"He has a girlfriend."

"Oh. Lucas never told me that part."

"What did he tell you?"

"That you two were meant to be and the passion between you two could light the world and you know. The rest was Lucas's typical romantic mumbo jumbo."

Danny chuckled and said,"Well, I'd better go then."

That's when Lucas burst in through the front door with a guy. The guy was the same tall height as Lucas but looked just a tiny bit more muscular than Lucas. He had dark brown hair and light green eyes that could make any boy's heart melt.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite ex slash best friend." Lucas ran up to Danny and gave him a hug. "You know I love you right?"

"Whose this fella?" Mr. Hart asked Lucas.

"Oh, his name is Bryce." Lucas said happily.

"Him..." Mr. Hart said with reluctance in his voice. "He's the guy?"

"Yeah, dad so shush." Lucas said.

Danny was confused by all this secrecy coming from Mr. Hart and his son.

"Why are you shushing him?" Danny asked as Lucas stopped hugging him. "What's so secretive now?"

"Tell him." Mr. Hart said. "Tell him why you two really broke up."

Mr. Hart got up and left to go to his den as Bryce just stood there looking confused himself. Danny was pissed and a bit anxious because he certainly wasn't expecting this at all. He wanted an answer to what Mr. Hart was talking about so he glared at Lucas until Lucas to a hold of his hand and led him to his room.

"What was your dad talking about?" Danny asked as he sat on Lucas's bed.

"Bryce..." Lucas said shamefully. "He's the reason we broke up. I was cheating on you and I couldn't let it keep going. You deserved better than me. So I came up with a reason to break up with you which led to the big fight. I knew we were going to break up eventually I just sped up the process. But yeah... I did something incredibly shitty but know that I fell in love with Bryce and was still in love with you. I had to chose and I choose Bryce. It was hard to let you go but I had to. I was a horrible boyfriend and I hoped that maybe we could still be friends..."

A silence filled the room after that because all Danny could feel was anger and disappointment. He ran out and got to his car just as Lucas ran after him as shouted his name repeatedly. He drove all the way to his house where he would shut his door and let all the world move on without him. Danny felt like a useless idiot. He thought he had a friend in Lucas and a potential love in James but he didn't. He had nothing but his textbooks and the game he was playing to get out of high school. Maybe that's all he should do. Go back to his seclusion that kept him safe from all the bullshit the world threw at him. Go back to freshmen year when he was just a loner and his own little world.

He wished he had never met Lucas!

He wished he had never met James!

All that mattered was getting the fuck out of this town and becoming something. That's what mattered and that's what he should focus on. So that's what Danny Knowles would do; focus on the game.

A noise startled Danny. He got up from his bed as a rock and another rock hit his window. Curiosity got the better of Danny and he wanted to know who was doing it. It was probably Mell or Janice but he was surprised to see James. Danny opened his window wondering what the hell was going on.

"What the hell do you want?" Danny asked with a bit of anger in his voice.

"I want you!" James shouted. "I don't care if you're angry right now because all I want is you! Oh God, have I been wanting you!"

Danny was stunned by this and taken back. He assumed that meant that James had broken up with Alice. Which meant that James really did like Danny...

"I'm coming up!" James shouted as Mell opened the door for him.

Danny wasn't ready for this. He got what he wanted but he didn't know if he still wanted it anymore. Danny wanted to focus more than anything on his academic pursuits so he had no idea wether this is what he really desired anymore.

James burst into Danny's room and kissed him. It felt like they hadn't seen each other in years. The kiss told Danny everything.

Danny was now assured that this is exactly what he wanted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 115 17
Danny Freeman has a thing for his college roommate, Steve. Steve is warm, friendly, and dynamic, everything shy Danny isn't. Steve is out, he's pro...
83 2 7
Despite having a challenging past when it comes to high school, Alex's long-awaited dream of having true friends becomes a reality in the beginning o...
64.7K 2.3K 16
Go back 2 Years into Jason and Danny's life, back when they first met. Experience their love, heartbreak and drama as you read the First book of this...
4.4K 134 15
(This is a boyxboy story so if it makes you uncomfortable just don't read it.) 16 year old Liam Jacobs is majorly crushing on the highschool's hottes...