Kaida Queen Of Ice >

By hcneyed_toasties

๐Š๐š๐ข๐๐š ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž | ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡: แดกแด€แด›แด‡ส€ โ I only came because I wanted to protect the people of m... More

KAIDA (updated)
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
FINAL CHAPTER
UPDATE!

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

8.1K 282 73
By hcneyed_toasties

   Was this it? The big decision I had to make? I had to choose between the Avatar or my actual family?! I felt sick to my stomach, not only because he was a friend but because of what he did.

   "I'm with you, Sokka." Katara said and walked to Sokka. "Come on, Kaida."

   I looked at Aang, he looked sad and guilty. I sighed. "I'm going to help Aang, get to the North Pole." I looked back at them and they both looked at me but walked away.

   "Kaida?" Aang looked at me.

   "We told you we would take you to the North Pole, you learn waterbending and then you can go learn to master the other elements and win the war." I said feeling a hint of sadness. "Come on, we should go. The sooner we leave the quicker we'll get there."

   "Okay." He replied and we headed to the abbey.

   Bato handed me a pack and I took it, I hugged him and he hugged me back. "Thank you for everything, Bato. Please tell my dad I really did want to see him but I made another promise."

   "You're family Kaida, no need for that." He answered and I went back to Appa. Katara walked over and I gave her back the necklace. "It's yours you should take it with you."

   "Thanks." She hugged me and I hugged her back. "Good luck."

   "Okay.." Aang answered. "You too."
I climbed onto Appa and watched as they left. "Guess we should be moving on." Aang said.

   "That would be best." The sister replied and we walkled out heading in the opposite direction.

   Sokka looked back and I gave a small wave but he looked away so I stopped and hugged my knees.
We landed on the beach next to Bato's boat neither of us saying anything, we were thinking about where we need to head next, but then Aang spoke up.

   "I'm really sorry, Kaida." He said and stared up at the sky. "I know how scared you are of trusting people."

   I sat up and looked over at him. "H-How do you know that?" I asked cofused.

   "Katara and Sokka, mentioned it when we first met and you were with, Zuko." He replied and glanced back. "They said they were surprised that you stayed back so I could be safe."

   "That's not it. You're the Avatar, anyone would have done it." I lied but it wasn't noticeable. I laid on my back once again.

   "You do care about other people." He said. "That's why you decided to come with me instead of with your real family. Even after what I did.
That's why you felt so strongly when Jet hurt the old Fire Nation guy. You don't care who they are... You helped Haru free his dad and the rest of their people."

   "Aang," I looked at him. "You're right, I am scared of trusting people. People started calling me Ice Queen because I never talked to them and rarely smiled in front of strangers.
But the thing is, I trusted you before we started travelling. I was confused why and I still am." I sighed. "But since then my trust for you only grew and honestly you're like a brother to me."

   "I am?" He asked looking back at me.

   "Yeah." I rolled my eyes. "So, now it's kinda hard to stop trusting you."

   "Wow, thanks, Kaida!" He smiled.

   "I also know you have a fat crush on Katara." I smiled when he blushed but didn't deny it. "Hey, if you and Katara do get married in the future, we'll actually be related!"

   "You think Katara and I will get married?!" He asked happily the both of us smiled at each other.

   "Avatar, you have to leave!" I looked over the saddle at the scared looking sister.

   "Okay, I get it everybody wants me gone!" Aang said.

   "Aang, Wait." I told him. "What's the matter, sister? You look terrified."

   "A group of people came to the abbey looking for you!" The sister told us.

   "Who?!" Aang asked.

   "A fierce looking woman with a horrible monster." She replied "And a young man with a scar."

   "Zuko." Aang and I said at the same time.

   "The beast was using the scent of a necklace to follow you." The sister told us.

   "My mother's necklace." I said. "Do you think my scent is still on Katara's necklace?"

   "Katara?!" Aang gasped and we flew back to the abbey.

   As we got there Aang took his glider and I took his spot to drive Appa, we spotted the animal that the sister mentioned. "Aang, wait it's a shirshu." I said but he already dived down, I facepalmed and shook my head.
   "Why does no one pay attention?!" I asked. "All right guys we're going down." Appa dived down. The shirshu tried to hit Aang with it's tongue but struggled. "Aang, be careful of the tongue it can paralyze you from the neck down."

    The animal stood on it's hind legs dropping everyone on it. The lady hit it with a whip to get up and I rolled my eyes. It was going after Aang but Appa ran at it and rammed it against wall.

   "Good boy!" I smiled and jumped off, I glanced at my siblings to see they were fine but Katara was now missing her neckalce. I looked over and saw Zuko had both pieces in his hands.
Zuko and Aang were fighting. "Hey! Firebrain." I shot water at him and he looked at me. "I want my mother's necklace back!"

   "So this is your girlfriend?" The lady asked and we looked at her.
GiRlFrIeNd?! "No wonder she ran away from you, she's way too cute for you."

   I turned back and the three off us started to fight and attacked at the same time causing an explosion sending us flying and we crash onto the roofs. I grumbled at the pain but saw Zuko running towards us.

   "Get up, Aang!" I nervously said as I pulled out water. We dodged all of Zuko's attack and Aang started to use air blasts and I helped with a water blast.
   We were gonna follow Zuko down but then the shirshu came up and we ran away. We were ran to a water well. I got more water and ran to get some distance.

   "You've got something I want." Aang said.

   "Aang, no!" I called but he got closer dodging the firebenders blows. They started fighting on the edge of the water well. "No one listens." I grumbled to myself and ran over shoving Zuko in. Aang jumped in behind him.
   "Aang!" I whined furiously but moved as the well erupted. Aang landed perfectly and Zuko slammed down on the ground. "Stop being so reckless!" I told the kid but then we had to run as Zuko shot at us.

   Appa got in the way and then was being struck by the lady. I gathered the water from the well and blasted her off after it was too late.

   "I'm sorry, Appa." I said and pet him. I looked over at my siblings and ran over. "If we wanna take down Zuko, we have to take that thing down."
The sister made them sniff something and they got up. "Shirshu's use their noses to see."

   "So let's give it something to see." Sokka smirked.

   "Perfume?" The sister asked and then they brought out tubs of it and they spilled it while Katara and I spread it everywhere.

   The shirshu panicked and attacked Zuko and June. Iroh caught her and I was surprised he didn't catch his nephew.
   We walked over to Aang and smiled at our work. I walked over to Zuko my arms crossed in front of me.

   "Master of tracking the Avatar but you'll never get him." I said he glared at me and I saw him holding one necklace Aang had the other half. "Aw my necklace. Thanks, I really missed it."
   I took it from his hands blowing him a kiss. "Thanks for holding onto it for me, don't go around telling people I'm your girlfriend." I walked back to the others hugging my siblings.

   We got on Appa and started flying away, the sister's assured us that they would clean up the mess.

   "Soo.. Where do we go?" Aang asked.

   "We're getting you to the North Pole." Katara replied and I smiled at them.

   "Yeah, we've lost too much time as it is." Sokka added.

   "Don't you wanna see your father?" Aang asked looking back at us.

   "Of course we do, Aang." Sokka said. "But you're our family too and right now you need us more."

   "And we need you." Katara told him with a smile.

   "I wish I could give you a little piece of home, Katara." Aang said. "A little something to remind you."

   "I'll be okay." Katara said.

   "Still just a little trinket maybe...like this!" He held up her necklace.

   "Aang, How'd you get that?!" She took it back and put it on.

   "Zuko, told me to make sure I got it to you." Aang replied and I chuckled.

   "Aw that's so sweet of Zuko, will you give him a kiss from me when you see him?" Katara teased.

   "Sure." Aang said and she kissed him on the cheek which made him blush and I held up a thumbs up.

————————
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-Edited; 7/9/21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 2.2K 35
๐€๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐„๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐  | แด„แดแดษชแด„s โ I want our future to be just like that, as happy as theirs. โž โœŽ ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐€๐ข๐ซ๐›๐ž๐ง๏ฟฝ...
17K 730 28
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
274K 6.8K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...
476K 13.3K 117
Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the age of 8 her village was attacked by fireb...