°SERENDIPITY°

By aishatariq633

SERENDIPITY --- (n) the chance occurrence of events in a beneficial way Henrik Mikaelson, the youngest Mikael... More

•CAST•
•CHAPTER 1•
•CHAPTER 2•
•CHAPTER 3•
•CHAPTER 4•
•CHAPTER 5•
•CHAPTER 6•

•PROLOGUE•

605 20 0
By aishatariq633

Mikaelson. The powerful family. They are mainly known as 'The Original'. Many might have thought, their vampirism was due to some sought of curse. But only few knew that it was a protection. Protection from Death. The same death which has snatched their happiness in the form of Henrik Mikaelson.

Henrik Mikaelson. The youngest Mikaelson. It's his death which caused the creation of Original vampires.

What they didn't know is the secret identity of the werewolf that killed the youngest Mikaelson. It was not just any normal werewolf. Besides having werewolf gene, it also has magic which came with the identity of Ancient Werewolf.

When the ancient werewolf attacked Henrik, the exchange of blood took place. The magic in that blood not only causes awakening of Henrik's own magic but also transferred a duplicate untriggered werewolf gene making him one sought of 'Artificial' Ancient Werewolf.

After the death of Esther Mikaelson, most of her magic was transferred to Henrik because she unknowingly created a link when she tried to save him. This caused a clash of two different magic inside him since both came in dominant form after the addition of Esther's magic. This clash alerted the whole Other side especially Qetsiyah, a powerful witch who basically rule the Other side.

With the guidance of Qetsiyah's magic, Henrik was able to survive the dominance of two form of magic. But this two form of magic caused his appearance to change like now his dark blond hair represent his own family magic whereas his grey storm eyes represent Ancient werewolf's magic. Since then, for him, Qetsiyah became his mentor, friend, and protector. And for Qetsiyah, he became her family. She always thought him as an innocent soul who shouldn't be tampered with evil. But that doesn't mean she doesn't introduce evil to him. Her only logic is 'I want him to differentiate between good and evil. So he can destroy it before it destroys him.' She teaches him how to control his family magic before it controls him with the ancient werewolf, who caused his death, after apologizing for losing control but not before getting a beating from Qetsiyah which made Henrik to burst out laughing. With the help of the mentioned werewolf, he was able to learn about Ancient Werewolves and its magic.

One day, Henrik questioned about the purpose behind all this teaching since he is basically dead. At that time, Qetsiyah, the ruler of the Other side, replied "You never know" with such seriousness. What Qetsiyah didn't mention is that there are many people who want to harm him for his magic even his own mother, who actually doesn't know that he is her son. After that day, Henrik never question her.

Many years later, they realized that Henrik has been aging slowly from his increase of height. Nobody has answer regarding it since there are zero people who transformed to Ancient Werewolf, in spite of having his own magic, artificially and later on was send to Other side. So they could only wait for their answers and later on, it seems he is stuck at the age of 17 to almost 18. With the year passed, Henrik started seeing Qetsiyah and Edward, the ancient werewolf, as his sister and brother. And they see him as their youngest brother.

Many centuries passed but the scene of Ancient Werewolf getting his ass kicked by Qetsiyah, the creator of the Other side, with Henrik's laugh in the background didn't change. This peace and tranquil was destroyed when Silas was released from the Other side and is hell bent on destroying it.

Qetsiyah knew it is a matter of time before Silas, the bastard, succeeds. So she started making preparations. Not for herself, but for Henrik, who till date still misses his siblings and it can be seen in his eyes when he talk about them, and she knows they will always protect him. After all, if Henrik can teach her the importance of family, that means he learned from the best.

¶¶¶¶¶

"Henrik, today I will teach you about parallel universe" said Qetsiyah with Edward, the Ancient Werewolf, beside her.

"Parallel Universe? No magic or Self-Defense? Are you both okay?" Henrik said with a hint of laugh, placing his hand on their forehead to check their temperature which was swat by both of them.

"Shush we are okay. Listen it's serious. Now say what's universe in one word" asked Qetsiyah in her all ruler voice.

"This" Henrik replied gesturing to all around them.

"In one sense, it's correct. Now comes the interesting fact. What if there exists a world somewhere which have certain similarities with our world but also different from it in some fundamental way?" enquired Qetsiyah having a meaningful glint in her eyes.

"Is that the parallel universe you are talking about?" asked Henrik curiously. Solar system always used to fascinate him. Its mystery always allures him. And one, who knows Henrik, has knowledge of how curious he is. After all, it's the curiosity that cost him his life.

"Yes yes henrik you are right. Ah my favorite student is always correct" exclaimed Edward like a 5 year kid in 23 years old body which result him in receiving a smack in the upside of head by Qetsiyah.

"He is your only student you idiot" said Qetsiyah frustratedly. In reply, he just shrugs his shoulder. Sometimes she doubt of him having brain. And whenever she questions this man IQ, he surprised her with his fighting skills and the logic he uses to take down his opponent.

Turning to Henrik, she continued "You know all about your family, their doings, and them being vampire. In short, everything. You also know how I keep you away from everyone even your mother. I don't want anybody to use you for your power. But I trust your siblings. I know they will do anything to keep their family protected. And you, Henrik Mikaelson, are their family. So I decided to send you to your family."

"Is it possible? I mean why now after so many years. I mean...um...I am not getting it" stuttered Henrik furrowing his eye brows not understanding of what's happening. He doesn't want to jump in a conclusion. Definitely there was a reason of why he was not sent before. And he was right after hearing Qetsiyah saying "I know you might be thinking of why I didn't send you before and you are waiting for my explanation not wanting to jump in a conclusion. The only thing I can say is that even I didn't know it was possible. As you know, Silas is hell-bent in destroying the Other side and I don't know what will be the consequences of it on the resident of the Other side. So I don't want you in the crossfire between me and Silas. I am not sending you in this world but in its parallel universe where Henrik Mikaelson is dead as in he is not in the Other side because he was not able to tap his magic. He was mauled to death by a normal werewolf not by Edward, the ancient one."

Looking at Edward, she said "Even you also doesn't exist. I want you to go with him." Before he could protest, she added "Be his protector like your name."

"What about you? Why can't you come? I don't want to leave you alone" said Henrik in a sad tone. Everything was so overwhelming for him. He has to leave one of the two persons behind with whom he spend a thousand year not knowing will he be able to meet her or not. He continued with a cracking voice "You are also part of my family. How could I leave my family behind? No I am not leaving."

"Ditto" said Edward in a stern tone though the word was childish, it didn't conceal the determination behind it.

Being called family by Henrik and the determination of Edward was a heartwarming thing for Qetsiyah but she can't be distracted from her purpose that is the safety of them. "You guys need to understand. Everything follows a balance. In that world, you both don't exist so it's safe. But it can't be said about me. I exist in that world, being ruling the Other side for two thousand years. So please listen to me. I want you both safe. You both are my family like I am yours. Please let me protect my family" said Qetsiyah with a glistening eyes.

"And who knows I might find peace plus getting rid of both of you is a bonus" joked Qetsiyah. Instead of receiving laugh like always, she is engulfed in a pair of arms followed by another.

"You make terrible jokes" started Henrik. "But you make hot threats" continued Edward getting a smack in return.

"Then also we love you" finished both of them getting a smile from Qetsiyah.

"I also love both of you. Now go do your packing's" said Qetsiyah sternly.

"When did we agree?" asked Henrik and Edward altogether with shocked expressions.

"Now now now. Do you guys want me to send you both beautifully with lots of hug and kisses? Or do you literally want me to kick you both out? Choice is yours" said Qetsiyah sternly making them visibly gulp.

"See I told you. She makes hot threats" whispered Edward to Henrik, who openly rolled his eyes at him already used to his flirting.

"NOW go do your packing's in five minutes. Each with one bag." Seeing Edward is about to open his mouth definitely to ask stupid question, she continued "And Edward before you object regarding time or the number of bags, I want to ask do you have clothes to pack. No right? So why do you need more bags for your spell book. And about time, do you really even need five minutes? What's your god damn magic for? Now GO."

"Actually I want to say something else. It's too important and I don't know I will be able to meet you or not. So yah here you go." Taking a deep breath, Edward continued "Qetsiyah, I love you. I really love you. I love everything of yours. From making threat to smacking my upside of the head. For your one smile, I am happy to be always ass-kicked by you. I know you are still in love with Silas and my love is one-sided but then also I wanted to confess it to you. Yah that's it. Bye."

Before he could turn and leave, Qetsiyah caught his wrist and said "Not brave enough huh. Running after confessing. Now listen to my answer." She paused before pulling him close and replied in his ear, "I love you too Edward. I am not good at saying many things but I really do. Silas is nothing to me anymore. I just hate betrayal. That's why, I am taking my revenge" before placing a kiss in his cheeks.

"Finally" exclaimed Henrik startling them as they forgot he was present all this time before continuing "Finally you both confessed. I was so fed-up on both of you. I mean even a blind man can also see your love but not both of you. Do you both know how you tortured me? Edward with his flirting and Qetsiyah with her smacking. You both were so obvious. But seriously, I am happy for both of you. It's called for celebration. Yay"

"No Henrik we can't delay a second let alone wait for celebration. You both have to go like now" Qetsiyah stated.

"Are you serious? Okay fine If I have to go, I will go but I won't take Edward with me. Come on guys I can't separate you both in the name of my bloody protection. I want you both to be together for whatever is coming here"

"Henrik I know you don't want to be reason for our separation but I consider you my little brother and I can't let you go without any protection. Besides I am asked to protect you. I know you might not need our protection after all there are so many people there to protect you but for my mental satisfaction, let me at least protect you from the shadow" said Edward placing a hand in Henrik's shoulder.

"Don't you guys ever think I won't need you just because I am gonna meet my siblings" said Henrik. He moved towards them and holds each of their hand and continued "I have spent more times with you guys than my real family. Family is not always about blood. Besides you guys have trained me. I have your both knowledge. How many people are out there who can say I have been trained by the greatest witch and the ancient werewolf? Zero. So I am capable to protect myself. I want you guys to protect each other. For me. Please."

After some thinking, some convincing and some rules telling actually it is only one rule which keeps on repeating several times and that is 'Not to reveal your identity and power until you can trust the person even your siblings. Time changes people and you have to figure out whether you can trust your changed siblings or not. And beware of your mother', it was finally decided that Henrik will go alone.

When it was time to go, Qetsiyah gave Henrik a chain with a tear drop pendant, which she always used to wear with an addition of werewolf curved pendant having grey storm stone as eyes by Edward with a promise to never take off. Henrik knew there is a magic in it for his protection. He was deeply touched by their gesture.

Finally Henrik Mikaelson was sent to the parallel universe to begin a new chapter of his life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 457 28
You know the Mikaelson's story but you don't know mine. My name is Y/n, twin sister of Tatia we are the original doppelgangers . We look nothing alik...
97.6K 2.4K 64
After three long years, full of horror and heartbreak, Klaus Mikaelson and Penelope Gilbert-Mikaelson have finally moved from their home in New Orlea...
248K 5K 47
~COMPLETED~ The Mikaelsons, they are the oldest and most feared family of vampires the world has ever known. They are also the most broken family who...
278K 4.5K 47
What if Damon and Stefan had a younger brother?... Meet the brother who has a charm and attitude like his older brother Damon , but the courage of hi...