The Girl Who Believed

By nicole_3105

The shy Gryffindor catches the eye of the school's biggest player. Again. "I'm not playing at anything this t... More

The Train Ride
Hogsmead
Did he just ask me out?
First Kiss
Crushed
Cast
Sixth year
First day
What Exactly Is He Thinking?
Potter's Face
Unnerving
Herbology
Sirius' POV
The Letter
Theo Asked Me Out
Date With Theo
I Don't Know
Forgiveness
Making Up
The Picnic
Decisions
The Gift
Fights
Common Room
Confused
Remus Jealous
Pranks
Late night talks
The Game
Blondie
He's being an idiot
I'm screwed
His Undying Love
Stargazing
Yes
Music To My Ears
Matchmakers
Dates to the Ball
Ambushed

Tutoring

2.2K 34 9
By nicole_3105

Dedicated to Romadom for being my first supporter.
Thank you so much! ❤❤❤

Athena's POV

A few weeks have passed in a blur. Theo and I have been hanging out and things were going smoothly until recently, the letters from the secret admirer kept on coming and Caroline keeps pointing out anything positive about Black. Which is weird.

The girls and I were having breakfast when the mail arrived and with it came my morning letter. These letters still make me smile and blush whenever I receive them. This one said:

I love your voice and I love your smile and I think about you way too much.

Lily read over my shoulder and awed before reading it out loud to the girls just as the Marauders sat with us.

"What are you awing about?" asked Potter. I'm sure he already knew, but he just wanted to talk to Lily. I mean that happens every day. I get the note, the girls awe, and Potter asks. Hell, even Peter doesn't ask anymore.

"A plan to murder you while you sleep," Lily said with a sickly sweet smile.

"Lovely," he said.

"Theo is looking. He looks a upset," Caroline said.

I looked at the Hufflepuff table and, indeed, Theo was looking at me a bit annoyed. He tilted his chin pointing at the note that I'm holding and I just rolled my eyes.

"He's upset because of the letters that I'm recieving," I said with a sigh.

"What is he saying?" Caroline asked.

"At first he asked if I had any idea who might be sending them. Then started saying how cliche that is and stupid, which is not true, I think it's adorable and sweet, but I understood that he might be a little bit jealous, so I brushed it off. But lately, he has been accusing me of encouraging them. How on earth am I doing that?" I said.

"Okay, the last part is completely stupid because you have no idea who it is, therefore, you can't encourage whoever the person is," said Lily.

"Exactly. He's being irrational. So, are you guys now in a fight or was it just a passing comment?" asked Caroline.

"He said that it's just a passing comment, thinking I'll let it slide. But no way in hell am I letting him accuse me of such an absurd thing," I said.

"That's my girl," Angie said.

"Yeah, I mean, if he keeps this up you should just break up with him," Caroline said. I looked at her weirdly.

"You're supposed to be the kind, optimistic one, who tells me to relax and he'll come around," I said.

"W-well... um... I mean, relationships are all about trust. If he doesn't trust that you would never two time him, then the relationship is bound to fail. Better now than get too attached then it will hurt," Caroline explained.

"Care has a point. I'm not saying you should break up with him immediately, though, just stand your ground. Teach him a lesson," Angie said.

"They're right. You shouldn't be with someone who doubts you for no reason at all. You never even communicated with the guy," Black added and I just frowned at  him.

"Yeah, but I don't want it to seem like I'm making a huge deal out of a snide remark that he said out of jealousy," I said, putting my head on the table.

"You're not making a big deal, You are completely right and no one is telling you to break up with him. Just stand your ground. If he really trusts you and said it out of jealousy without meaning it, he will come back and apologize, if he doesn't, then that means he doesn't trust you and it would be better to just call it off," Lily said.

"You know what, Lils, you're right. I'll do that. Now, let's head to Transfiguration before we're late," I said, getting up.

As I got up, my bag opened and some books and pieces of parchment fell out. Ugh, just my luck.

"Here, let me help you," Black said and kneeled down already picking up my stuff.

"No need," I said.

I crouched down and stuffed things inside. I was grabbing my Transfiguration book from Black when our hands brushed against each other. There was this tingly feeling that started where we touched and spread to the rest of my arm. Just like when he held my hand the first time. How can he still have that effect on me? After all this time? Our eyes met and his look was... intense.

I quickly pulled my hand taking the book.

"Thanks," I whispered and rushed out of the hall.

I barely payed attention in Transfiguration. I was thinking how that barely touch effected me. It shouldn't have. Not just the touch, but his eyes. The way he has been staring at me, with this emotion that I can't seem to understand. God, I hate how he is making me think of him after almost three years. I can't believe that my stupid feelings, that aren't supposed to exist, resurfaced again. All because of a few looks and a small touch. Pathetic.

It doesn't matter, though, I don't trust him. I can't trust him. I just can't. Not again. I have Theo now. Someone nice, safe, and predictable. Someone in Hufflepuff and I know won't betray me. At least I hope.

"Ms. Royal, are we boring you?" Professor McGonagall's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. Everyone turned to look at me.

"N-no, professor," I said.

"Then perhaps you may tell us what are the main types of transfiguration?" she asked.

"Um... Well, there is transformation, switching, vanishment, conjuration, and transfiguration," I answered. Thank god I went through the material yesterday.

"Very well, five points for Gryffindor and Ms. Royal please pay more attention," she said then continued on teaching 10 more minutes until the bell signalled the end of the period.

"Ms. Royal and Mr. Black, please stay behind for a little bit," the professor said.

The students filed out of class and the girls gave me confusing looks which I returned. I have no idea what the professor wants with me, let alone me and Black. We walked up to her desk waiting for her to tell us what she wants.

"Mr. Black, I'm sure that you are aware that your grades in Transfiguration are not promising and they aren't getting any better," said Mcgonagall.

"I know, I'll try harder," Black said trying to sound confident, but I can feel that he is somehow embarrassed. Maybe because she said that in front of someone else.

"You will, indeed. That's why I am assigning Ms. Royal to tutor you. There will be an exam before the holidays and you better get a very good grade in order to merely pass," she said. Hell no!

"Um, I'm sorry professor, I think I misheard you. Did you say that I will be tutoring him?" I asked her.

"You did not mishear me, Ms. Royal. You are one of my top students and I trust you will be able to teach him despite being busy studying for the OWLs. Think of it as revising the material so you wouldn't have to revise it later," she said. Damn that woman now I can't even pull the studying for the OWLs card.

"Alright professor, but I can make no promises that he will pass," I told her.

"No need to worry dear, now off you go. Give this to your professor. It says that I held you back," she said and gave us each a slip.

"Thank you," I said and rushed out of there with Black hot on my tail.

"So, when will our first study session be?" asked Black. He was keeping up with me with such ease. It's aggravating.

"I don't know," I said well aware that my voice sounds angry.

"How about-" 

"How about we discuss this later, we are late for Potions," I said once we arrived in front of the door.

I knocked and opened it.

"I'm sorry professor, Black and I were held back by Professor McGonagall," I said and gave him my slip then Black gave him his.

"Very well, now take your seats. Today we will be brewing Felix Felicis. Anyone know what that is? Yes Ms. Evans," Slughorn continued his class as if we didn't interrupt, which I'm grateful for.

I sat and got out my stuff and started taking notes. After a few minutes, I noticed that Black wasn't writing anything, he was just staring at me. It made me uncomfortable because it's getting harder and harder to resist looking at him. I looked away and continued taking notes. Or at least trying, since now I'm aware of the person sitting next to me staring at me.

"Take a picture, it will last longer," I snapped-whispered.

"Will you let me?" he asked with a smirk.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Well, it's not that I need to," he said and I looked at him puzzled. "I already have you memorized," he said with a wink. 

Despite being irritated I blushed with a straight face. Don't ask me how I managed, but I did.

"Now class, get the ingredients and start brewing," Professor Slughorn announced.

"You get the ingredients this time," I told him.

"Yes, ma'am," he said and went to get the ingredients.

I took a deep breath to calm myself. It's just tutoring. I will just give him some notes and possibly explain something and that's it. Yes. Yes. Calm down Ay, you've got this.

"You didn't heat the couldron?" asked Black a bit surprised because I didn't do my part.

"No, I was a bit distracted," I admitted, but managed to sound normal nonetheless.

"By my good looks?" he smirked.

"You weren't even here, idiot," I said.

"Oh, so you were distracted because you missed me."

"The world doesn't revolve around you, you know," I retorted, "Now the cauldron is at the right temperature, let's start."

"Ay Ay, Captain," he said and started working.

He would glance at me every few seconds. I just decided to ignore him. I'm an expert in that by now. Or I'd like to think so.

"So, is tomorrow after classes end alright with you?" he suddenly asked, "For the tutoring session I mean."

"Sirius Black is willingly suggesting to study on a Friday after classes end. That's when the weekend begins. Don't you have plans?" I said. It is weird that he suggests a Friday.

"Well I'm sure it will be fun with you, despite the fact that we will be mostly studying," he said.

"No, we won't be mostly studying, we will be studying, period."

"Now, now, won't you need a break?"

"Just shut up and work!" I said.

"Alright, alright," he said raising his hands in surrender, "So Friday?"

"YES! NOW SHUT UP AND BREW!" I yelled and people turned around to look. I glared at them and the all turned back around, except the girls. I just mouthed 'later' and then they turned around, too.

"Wow, you're sexy when you're angry," Black whispered. I threw him a hard glare then focused back at the potion.

Later that night, I told the girls at the dorm and each one was giving me either tips on what to do or theories on how it could turn out. An owl flew into the room with a letter attached to it. It landed right on my pillow.

That's weird. I took the letter and gave it a small crumble from the pumpkin pie that I have in my stash. It was from my secret admirer.

I want to fall asleep with you, and I could care less whether it is in layers upon layers of clothing or only our skin. 
All I want is to wake up not knowing where I end and you begin.

Oh my god. I was blushing furiously. This is the first time he sends something somehow intimate. It's intimate yet not vulgar. It's... romantic.

"Athena! Breathe woman! We know it's always something cute, why are you blushing so much harder this time," Lily said grabbing the letter from my hands. 

She read it with the girls reading over her shoulders.

"Oh merlin, this is so... romantic. The fact that he wants you intimately but not only for sex. This is adorable," Lily said.

"Now we really have to start an investigation to find out who is this. And if you don't take him, I will," said Angie.

Caroline just stood there smiling widely and seemed kind of... proud?

"Alright, girls, it's late. Off to bed," I said snatching the letter from Lily and putting it in the drawer with the others.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111 3 5
"if i'd known you'd leave forever, i never would've helped you disappear." in which the marauders think their sixth year will begin and end normally...
363K 12.1K 65
in which james potter stole a kiss and then he stole her heart "Live a little Potter" ~ no one knew unrequited love quite like him, no one but 𝒽𝑒𝓇...
2.2K 76 19
Some days I am more wolf than woman and I am still learning how to stop apologizing for my wild. ~ Nikita Gill Life wasn't easy. Almost any idiot c...
57.5K 2.3K 64
Sirius had been James' best friend since Sirius switched to his school in 3rd grade. Before that? Well Sirius never thought that James could have a...