Mythical Nightmares || Little...

By CindyVonOtaku

I was thinking about this for MONTHS. M O N T H S. My obsession over Little Nightmares and Mythology makes me... More

DISCLAIMERS
¤~Ω|| Chapter One | Daughter of Magic ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Two | Caged ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Three | Escape ||Ω~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Four | Statues ||Ω~¤
¤~|| Chapter Five | Labrynth of Books ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Six | Escape the Labrynth ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eight | The Depths ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Nine | The Hideout ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Ten | Shadows and Hounds ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eleven | Shadow Six ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twelve | The Oracle and a Warning ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Thirteen | A Betrayal ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Fourteen | The Janitor's Lair ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Fifteen | Girl with Lightning ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Sixteen | The Traitor ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Seventeen | Into the Trap ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Eighteen | Split Up ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Nineteen | Colosseum ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twenty | Odd Aquaintances ||~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Twenty One | Spared ||Ω~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twenty Two | Another Hideout ||~¤
¤~|| Chapter Twenty Three | Heist ||~¤
¤~Ω|| Chapter Twenty Four | Secrets and Threats ||Ω~¤

¤~|| Chapter Seven | A Cursed Hunger ||~¤

468 18 60
By CindyVonOtaku

Hello, darkness my old friend

It's nice to talk to you again.

*inhales*

OUR FIRST HUNGER CHAPTER LIKE FINALLY.

××××××××××××××××××××

.: Mono's P.o.V. :.
.: Third Person-ish :.

Mono and the other walked deeper into the hall, seemed to look the same as the others that they have went through. The farther they walked, the more Mono felt weary and a bit light-headed from tiredness. Mono shook the exhaustion away, it's the after effect when turning to an extinct animal.

Doing it twice was exhausting. Third time... well he'd be probably knocked out cold. The other animals, he could turn to them with no hassle, but would still eat up tiny bit of his energy.

His head pounded and Mono shook it off again, it wasn't time to get exhausted. He can fight it off like he always did, it got darker the farther they walked and Mono used his ladle to light the way. It was sheer luck that his mother was still somehow listening to him, and gifted him that ladle turning to a sword or bow before totally disappearing without a trace.

The hall looked familiar and far ahead was a barred room with little to no light. If he was right, this place could head to the cafeteria. If there was food it could be good, that and rest a bit since the exhaustion is not going away until Mono would stumble down unconcious.

They slinked past the bars and ahead was a dark room with an elevator at the end, there was exhaust fans on the left side of the room and helped to have a bit of light for the room, which mostly had nothing inside.

They walked on to the elevator, Mono used his ladle to press the button and the elevator shot up. The door opened and they went out, almost near to the cafeteria.

Then a squelching growl echoed through the air.

Mono became alerted and turned back, Six suddenly crouched down holding her stomach while wincing. Seven became as shocked as he was and crouched down to Six's form, "Six? Are you okay?"

"N-No... argh!" Six groaned while clutching her sides, her face contorted in pain. Mono crouched down infront of Six, "Are you hungry?" Mono asked and Six panted, her stomach winced and all she could do was nod.

"Okay," Mono said and turned to Seven, "C'mon, the cafeteria is nearby, we can get food there," he said while helping Six up and so did Seven. They carefully carried her into the cafeteria, every few steps Six's stomach squelched and they'd have to stop or else Six would get hurt from too much movements.

When they made it, there was still a barred like window over to the cafeteria. They couldn't climb over the bars to get the food, but luckily there was another kid on the other side.

The kid turned their attention to them, "What the- Oh hey Seven!" The kid greeted Seven like they knew him and Seven smiled and walked up to the kid's place by the bars, "Hey Nine, got any food?"

Nine nodded, "Yeah, came here to eat my midnight snack, what for?"

Six's stomach growled again and Six winced, Mono rested Six by the side and faced Nine, "For her," he said. Nine tilted his head to see Six and frowned, "Oh yeah, she doesn't look good," he said while turning around and picking off a piece of his bread and handing it over to Seven.

"Thanks Bread Kid," Seven said the last part in a joking way and Bread Kid-- Nine scoffed at him, "Shut up Runaway Kid," he said. Seven rolled his eyes at Nine and quickly went to Six.

"Here Six," Seven said handing Six the bread, Six shakily accepted it and ate it, her breathing quickly returned to normal and she sighed, "I... I didn't know where that came from," she mumbled.

"What?" Mono asked and Six pursed her lips, "Never in my whole life I felt a hunger that bad," she said.

"Really? Never?" Seven asked and Six nodded, pushing herself up. The two boys stepped back to give her some space, "But you're feeling alright now?" Mono asked and Six nodded again.

"Yeah, felt like before," Six smiled, there was a yawn and the three turned back to Nine. Nine was near the bars, one hand leaning on his face as he watched them.

"Oh don't mind me, continue," Nine said while taking another bite of his bread. Seven sighed in annoyance, Mono turned to him, "Do you know that guy?"

"Oh yeah, he's Nine, my friend from the Nursery I was in before," Seven explained and Nine nodded, waving his hand at the two others, "Hi strangers-- Wait speaking of the Nurseries Seven weren't you supposed to be in another Nursery by now?" Nine asked while turning to Seven.

"Guess what I did."

"Runaway."

"Yes."

"Ob-vious-ly," Bread-- Nine rolled his eyes and bit another of his bread, "Anyways where ya three going now? Just asking cuz just a few minutes, probably an hour, ago there was also some kids that passed by here," he said.

Mono's eyes widened, there was other kids that passed by here now? It could be from the Hideout... That was a good possibility. The Hideout is where most of the runaways (mostly demigod runaways) head to for safety before the monsters find them while planning a way to escape. Mono comes and goes there, but... It was better to be alone to avoid questions.

"Wait... you've been there for hours?" Six asked and Nine nodded, "Yup, actually, I'm like you kiddos. I ranaway. But mostly for getting my midnight-bread-snack and not like Seven who runs away to escape."

"That's why you're the Bread Kid, because of your obsession over bread," Seven said and Nine scoffed, "If I had an obsession over bread then I wouldn't give Yellow Dorito bread."

"Yellow Dorito?" Six said indecorously and Nine nodded, "Yes you, ehm..."

"Six."

"Six," Nine said, "Huh Six and Seven, what are the chances for that? How about you paperbag boi?" He asked and Mone just looked at him blantly, "I'm Mono," he said.

Seven sighed, "You're still the same. So annoying."

"Hey you just went to that Nursery yesterday, personalities don't drastically change man," Nine pointed out.

"The kids you saw," Mono piped in, making all them turn to him, "Did see what they look like?"

"Hmm oh yeah! There was a boy with black hair and a brown travelling raincoat, a girl with long blonde straight hair and a green cloak hoodie thingy, oh and a... a small little boy with a dark green tattered cloak, he looked and sounded precious," Nine said and Mono's eyes widened when he knew how familiar they sounded

It was probably One, Two, and Five. All the same, demigods. One was the son of Notus (God of the South Wind), Two was the daughter of Athena (Goddess of Wisdom and Battle Strategy), and Five was the son of Demeter (Goddess of Agriculture).

If they were just here an hour ago, there was a chance they could encounter them. Out of all the kids at the Hideout there was some who Mono tolerated and it was them, and a few others.

Then he could bring the two to the Hideout, mostly that's what he does. Bring kids to the Hideout, escaping here all on yourself will be hard. Especially when the monsters would get harder and harder every level they take.

"Why Mono? You know them?" Six asked and Mono pursed his lips, "Yeah, I do," he said.

Nine bit another of his bread, "Welp there went over there, carrying some stuff I don't know, they also looked like being chased by something. I think it was chickens," he said while motioning over to the bars on the end of the room.

"Chickens?"

"Yeah, I didn't know we had chickens here," Nine said.

Mono furrowed his eyebrows, of course there is no chickens in the Maw, it was the harpies- demonic chicken ladies that like stealing food. "We should get going," Mono said while walking on. Those three might be able to handle those harpies or not and become dinner.

"Uh okay then," Six said, Seven turned to Nine, "See ya Bread Kid," he jokingly said while waving off and Nine glared at him, "Bye Runaway Kid," he said and went back to the shadows of the cafeteria.

The two quickly followed Mono and past the bars, it was another hallway and they saw a door at the end. Mono opened the door and it lead to a bigger hallway. He turned to a wolf and peeked out the door, using his senses to check the surroundings.

He sniffed the air and there was the faint smell of sandy wind and the smell of plants with plenty of foul smelling chickens. His ears flattened in focus once he noticed how strong it smelled.

He turned to the two who caught up to him and did the pointing stance to where the scent was the strongest. One of the things Mono can't do when he is in animal form is speak, and if he does, it sounds like the animal he is turned to.

"We'll go there?" Six asked and Mono nodded, then he started bounding his way to the smell, the two were debaffled with his actions and quickly followed him.

The scent got so strong and foul, meaning Mono was close now. He turned to the side and skidded to a stop when he saw many harpies, perhaps sixteen of them circling around his friends, Five, Two, and One.

Five was cowering back while his friendly karpos, a grain spirit named Apples, protected him. Two with her dagger out and was trying to kill three harpies in the same time. And One made two harpies caught in a hot tornado, causing them to quickly swirl away to the ceiling and slam to the ground nearly featherless, then they turned to dust.

Mono barked, loud enough to shock all of the kids and demon chickens in the hall. Two turned and she beamed, "Mono!"

.: Seven's P.o.V. :.
.: First Person :.

Mono in his wolf form quickly ran away once he pointed to a direction. Six and I were confused to his behavior but we followed him to wherever he was going to lead us.

We ran past the bigger hall and Mono made a sharp turn, we quickly followed too. On the other end was weird fat ladies with chicken wings and feet. They had red eyes, a beak, and looked ugly.

There was also three kids. A girl with long straight blonde hair and a green cloak hoodie who looked about nine years old. A boy with black hair and a brown travelling raincoat, he looked nine years old too. The last one was a small little boy with a tattered dark green cloak, he looked about five years old.

The girl had a dagger and was trying not to get sntached by three the chicken lady demons, she also managed to kill them all off. The boy just made a tornado that felt too hot and caused two demon chicken ladies to slam to the ceiling. The younger boy was cowering, but he had a pudgy toddler with green eyes, leafy wings, round apple cheeks, and pointy fangs protecting him.

Mono barked, which shocked all them in the hall. The girl turned to wolf-Mono and beamed, "Mono!" She said like she knew him.

The other two boys turned too and grinned. The younger boy started sobbing slightly, "Mono!" He said.

"ApPlEs!!!" The apple baby shouted in greeting.

The demon chicken ladies turned to us and shreiked. I rose my sword as they started lunging for us. Mono pounced and bit one hard on her shoulder, dragging them down and shaking them side to side before tossing them to the wall, the chicken lady turned to dust.

A demon chicken lady flew to my direction with her claws up, ready to grab my shoulders. I countered and slashed her wing, she shrieked and fell on the floor.

Another demon chicken lady made her way to Six. Six backed up and now had a rope dart on her hands, she threw it to the chicken lady. Shot straight to her wing and dragged her down, Six stepped on her other wing and held out her hand, now with another dagger. Killing the demon chicken lady off.

Mono turned back to his human form and turned to the other kids, "What are you three doing here? I thought you guys went to get scraps!" He asked, like he knew them.

The wind boy sighed while dodging a chicken lady trying to attack him, "Well plans changed. Nice seeing you by the way, we thought you got caught," he said.

Two chicken ladies lunged for Mono and Mono used his ladle, now in a sword form to quickly kill them off. "Well I had help," he said while looking over us.

Another demon chicken sneaked up behind me, I gasped while slamming to the ground. The chicken lady started scratching my back and I tried to avoid her attacks but I felt some sting on my lower back. I tried to break free until I saw the apple baby run to me, "APpLeS!!!" They shouted while biting the demon chicken lady's head off, quite literally.

I gasped while shakily standing up, my back fired up badly. I turned to the apple baby which belched from the nice chicken snack, "Thanks," I said.

"Apples!" The apple baby said while grinning and fluttering their leafy wings.

The girl dodged a demon chicken lady's attack and stabbed one, then kicked the other to the wind boy, which he quickly killed off. Mono shot a chicken lady on the air with his ladle that now turned to a bow, I cut the wing of another chicken lady as Six killed them off.

"You okay? I saw your back got scratched," Six asked and I sighed, "It's okay... ish. Stings," I said.

The girl sighed while putting away her dagger, "That's the last of them," she said.

"Thank goodness for that," the wind boy mumbled while sighing tiredly.

"How did the harpies even found you?" Mono asked. I blinked, so those demon chicken ladies are called harpies... sounds like a disease.

"We went to steal some food for the Hideout, anyways, who are they?" The girl said while looking to me and Six.

"That's Six and Seven, they helped me escape," Mono said, then he turned to us, "Guys this is Two, the boy in brown is One, and the boy in green is Five."

"They're also demigods?" Six asked and Two nodded, "I'm the daughter of Athena. One is the son of Notus, and Five is the son of Demeter," Two said.

"I'm the daughter of Hecate, Seven is well... undetermind yet," Six said and I looked at her, well of course I don't know who would be my god parent. I didn't know I am even a demigod.

"Apples!" The apple baby said alarmingly while running to Five, Five picked them up and turned to Two, "Apples sense more of those harpies are coming, we should go," he said.

Two nodded, "Very well, c'mon! Those demon chicken ladies might also look for you too," she said while One opened a vent grille and they went in. Mono, Six, and I looked at each other.

"You can trust them, they're my friends," Mono said and Six turned to me, "Seven has some scratches on his back from the harpies."

"I can still move, Six," I said, "It wasn't that bad."

Mono sighed, "We'll fix that later, when it's safer," he said. There was more shrieks of the demon chicken ladies, Mono turned to the vent, "Come on, before we got more scratches," he said.

And we went in the vent.

××××××××××××××××××××

What would be awesome, is playing the songs from the Lighting Thief Musical while reading this.

I actually want them to see DJ Cerberus but that would be silly--

Oh well, bye bye Von-Von Chocolats!

Wattpad: Publish Finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 120 11
DISCLAIMER: this book is discontinued!! " So I have to go all the way to some fancy boarding school in England to protect a wizard? " " He's your bro...
169K 4.5K 26
My name is Danielle Scarlett. I love Olympus. It's my home. But I'm a demigod. A daughter of Apollo. I don't know what's so special about me. Maybe I...
390 25 7
If I'm gonna give you any advice from my wise amazing awesome-ist halfblood self it's to NOT be a demigod. Pretty simple... But if y'all want to be e...
1.8K 28 5
After the battle with the giants and Gaia, the demigods found themselves in the Olympian throne room. The gods in gratitude grant the seven with rewa...