The boy next door

By xxbbyxbluexx

THE BOY NEXT DOOR- AFTER Sofia Mendes has to spend the next six months at her Aunt's house, because her barel... More

Notes
Chapter One: Mariana- "The ugly hoe who lived next door"
Chapter Two: Window Talk
Chapter Three: "Yeah, my family's pretty messed up"
Chapter Four: A meaningful tattoo
Chapter Five: Fishy
Chapter Six: He's the talk of the town
Chapter Seven: How to solve a difficult math equation 101...
Chapter Eight: Out from under you.
Chapter Nine: Stalking a stalker
Chapter Ten: Almost
Chapter Eleven: "Save the lies for Jerry Springer"
Chapter Twelve: "Ten Minutes"
Chapter Thirteen: Arcade Games
Chapter Fourteen: Shooting hoops
Chapter Fifteen: High School Sweethearts
Chapter Sixteen: Daddy Issues
Chapter Seventeen: One first class ticket to my bed, please
Chapter Eighteen: An Im-pasta
Chapter Nineteen: Nine Dresses
Author's note
Chapter Twenty: What An Epic Fail
Chapter Twenty One: Big mistake
Chapter Twenty Two: Teach me how to duggie
Chapter Twenty Three: He's the moon and I was the night sky
Chapter Twenty Four: The mystery girl for the mystery boy
Chapter Twenty Five: Mrs. SUSmmers
Chapter Twenty Six: Summer '09
Chapter Twenty Seven: Karaoke
Chapter Twenty Nine: Facetime Sadness
Chapter Thirty: Shirtless, But Cocky
Chapter Thirty One: I dont know
Chapter Thirty Two: Sofia the first Vergara
Chapter Thirty Three: No man is worth not watching Ian Somerhalder
Chapter Thirty Four: Dirty Messages
Chapter Thirty-Five: "Wanna get out of here?"
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The consequences of falling for someone...
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Haikyu
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Girl On Fire
Chapter Forty: Mason and his friend
Chapter Forty-One:
Chapter Forty Two: Amelia Sommers
Chapter Forty-Three: Mine, oh, Mine
Chapter Forty-four: My Best Friend Luke
Chapter Forty Five: Flower
Chapter Forty Seven: Christmas Spirit
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Truth Comes Out (Part One)

Chapter Thirty-Six: Caveman

889 19 14
By xxbbyxbluexx

Okay, I'm back :) I felt terrible knowing I wasn't publishing any chapters, so I re-installed Wattpad XD

But I really don't know for how long...but one thing I'm half-sure about, is when I've finished TBND I'm quitting Wattpad for good.

****

Louis Partridge as Arturo Bianchi <3

****

Chapter Thirty-Six: Caveman

I watched curiously as Mason and some other people from the beer pong table explained to me the basic rules of the game.

I didn't really feel like playing beer pong, but it was either that, or joining the group of kids at the corner of Mason's game room, that were either vaping or shoving their tongues down each other's throats.

"...And if their ball lands into one of your cups, you have to drink from it, got it?" Mason's voice caught me off guard. I snapped my eyes from where they were glued to the carpeted floor, to look at him. "Got it."

"Teams?" Mason asked the small group surrounding the table.

A boy with a head full of brown curls that flowed right past his ears, full dark eyebrows, and bright hazel eyes that complimented his tan skin, cleared his throat to gain the group's attention. It was still hard to hear over the loud music that boomed throughout the house.

"How many of us are here?" He asked, and Mason quickly counted the total amount of people around the beer pong table, with his fingers. "Six."

I almost let out a loud groan when I noticed he included me. I know I told him I wanted to play, but in all honesty; I didn't. I just wanted to spend time with him. Of course I wouldn't tell him that, but with the outfit I put on tonight, I at least hoped for him to dance with me. Just once.

The curly-headed boy spoke up again. "Okay, this side of the table versus yours?" He looked at Mason, gesturing to the two other people that stood aside him, on "his part" of the table.

"Great..." Mason trailed, looking at his team members. Me, and a surfer boy I've seen around the corridors of our school. "You're good at beer pong, right?" Mason asked the boy, turning his head to face him. He nodded his head.

"Don't worry about it, dude."

Mason gave him a polite smile, and turned to face me. "You drink, right?"

I shook my head. "Tonight's a first." Mason was just about to say something, when the curly-headed boy from earlier motioned for us to start the game.

As I watched Mason and the surfer dude play, I wasn't surprised to learn that they were both very good at the game. I had little hope that I could probably be good at the game, if I gave it a chance. I mean, I play basketball right? I've got the skills for this game.. right?

Eventually Mason and the surfer dude lost against their opponents, and it was my turn. A laugh almost escaped my mouth, when I discovered I was playing against the curly-headed boy. Ever since his turn, he hasn't lost any games. What change did I have at winning? A big fat zero.

Mason stepped away, so I could stand in front of the beer pong table. The plastic red cups were lined up in a perfect pyramid, on the table. The strong stench of the beer from the cups, made me scrunch my nose in disgust. God, I hated the smell of alcohol.

The curly-headed boy stood behind the table, with a small smile on his face. "You ready?" He asked me, and I nodded my head. Of course I wasn't, but I only said that because I didn't want to make myself out to be a wuss.

I watched as the boy rolled the small white ball in his hand, before he successfully aimed for one of my cups. The boy's team erupted in a series of cheers, waiting for me to drink out of my cup.

A loud groan escaped my mouth, and I turned my head to look at Mason, but he just shrugged.

I seriously can't believe I have to drink a half-full cup, of whatever they put in there. It looked frightening. I spun the brown substance inside the cup. Pinching my nose with my fingers, I took a hold of the plastic cup and downed it. I grimaced. It tasted horrible.

A series of applause came from our small group, when I put my cup down. "It tasted horrible, but thank you!" I laughed, and watched as the curly-headed boy game me a polite smile. "Your turn." He told me, and I grabbed a small white ball from the table.

Before I threw the ball into one of the cups, I blew on it for luck. I watched as the ball bounced once, before it landed into one of my opponent's cups. I immediately held my hands over my head in victory. I heard my teammates cheer me on, and even caught a glimpse of my opponent giving me a quick wink. I winked back at him.

As the game went on, I successfully landed many white balls into my opponent's cups, as he did mine. To my dismay, the curly boy ended up winning. And I ended up getting a bit drunk. Well, 'a bit', was an understatement. I guess I was a lightweight.

"Didn't know you had it in you." Mason praised, wrapping his arm around my waist, and pulling me gently into his body so my back was pressed against his chest. I put my hand over his, and beamed. "Me neither! Did you see that, though? I was on fire, right?" I hype myself up, and the sound of Mason's chuckle vibrated against my back.

"You were, I'm proud." He confessed. I snuggled closer into his warm body. Surprisingly, I didn't feel nervous cuddling with Mason in front of our small crowd. I tried to blame it on the alcohol, but even I knew it was because over the last few weeks, Mason and I have become more comfortable with each other. It seemed unbelievable, how fast I discovered this man brought joy into my life. I wanted to tell him that, but I never got the balls to.

I watched as the boy from earlier, approached Mason and I, with a charming smile on his face.

"Hey! I didn't catch your name?" He told me, a sparkle in his light brown eyes. I felt Mason shift uncomfortably behind me, but I ignored him.

"Sofia." I replied, and returned his bright smile. "What? Did you come here to brag about your win?" I taunted him, and a small laugh came from his mouth.

The red floral button down shirt, that loosely hung onto his body, suited him perfectly. He paired his simple look with a pair of black jeans, and black and white Vans.

"I could've let you win but you refused, remember?" His eyebrows rose, a playful smile on his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "False. I wanted to lose so you wouldn't feel bad. Your ego seemed to spiral, by the time you had to play against me." I giggled—and again—Mason shifted uncomfortably. I was going to question him about it, but the boy spoke up again.

"My name's Arturo, by the way." Arturo held his hand out to me, for a handshake. I outstretched
my hand and shook his.

"Arturo? What a nice name...you're Spanish?" I asked him, referring to his name, but he shook his head.

"No, but I understand where you're coming from." He laughed. "Italian, on my father's side." I nodded my head, very interested in our topic. That was until Mason cleared his throat.

"We have to leave." Mason mumbled, his tone seeming very annoyed. I turned my head to look up at him, my eyebrows furrowed. "What's wrong?" I questioned him, but he shook his head.

"Nothing, we just need to go." Mason huffed, and my eyebrows raised. What the hell has gotten into him?

Arturo's voice stopped me from starting an avoidable argument with Mason.
"Um, I'm going to get myself a drink. Care to join?" Arturo offered me, but apparently I couldn't speak for myself, because Mason cut me off before I could even open my mouth.

"She's fine." He snapped at Arturo, glaring at him.

Arturo looked at me, then Mason, then me again. "Um, okay...I-I'm going to leave. I'll catch you later-"

"Look what you've done now, Mason! You have chased the poor guy away!" I cut Arturo off, releasing Mason's grip from me, to look at him properly. I stood beside Arturo, and I swear Mason started cursing under his breath.

"No, no. It's okay! I was about to leave anyway, my friends are waiting for me in the kitchen." Arturo reassured, putting his hand on my shoulder. And of course, like the gentlemen he was, he gave me and Mason a polite smile, and walked away.

Great.

I watched as Mason stood in front of me, a scowl on his face. "What the hell was that?" I snapped, gaining a boost of confidence because of the alcohol in my system. Mason rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Nothing."

"Nothing." I mocked him, deliberately making my voice sound deeper to mimic him. "You're jealous, just admit." There was no other explanation.

"I'm not." Great. He was giving me short answers now.

"Yes you are!" I retaliated, and took one step closer to him, as he leaned his back against the beer pong table. "Arturo was just a nice guy that wanted to introduce himself to me, and you chased him away like the caveman you are!" Mason stifled a laugh, looking at me with a hint of shock in his eyes.

"Caveman?" He questioned me, and I nodded my head. I took another step closer to him. By now, we were face-to-face with one another.

"You heard me." I said, and he broke out into a small smile. Mason used his hand to push a fallen strand of hair from my face, behind my ear. He placed his warm hand on my cheek, and the other on my waist, pulling me closer to his embrace.

"Your breath smells like beer." He informed me, and I blew air from my mouth into his face, which made him laugh. I broke out into a bright smile, the minute I heard his laughter. It was honestly one of the best things about him.

Mason sighed, rubbing his thumb in circles on my waist. "I'm sorry, Sof. I didn't mean to get 'jealous'. His face just annoyed the fuck out of me, I don't know why."

"What?" I giggled, and Mason shrugged. "You don't get that feeling sometimes?"

I shook my head. "No, that's horrible!" I laughed. I seemed to be laughing a lot, and I assumed it was because of the alcohol.

"Oh. Yeah, he just pissed me off, you know? He's got a very punchable face too." I shook my head, disapprovingly.

"That's not right, Mason." I wrapped my arms behind his neck and pulled him closer, so our faces were just inches away from each other. "Have I ever told you how cute you look?" I asked him, releasing my arms from behind his neck to pick his cheeks.

God knows I wouldn't say or do any of this stuff, if I were to be completely Sober.

Mason squirmed uncomfortably. He used his own hands to remove my fingers from his cheeks.

"Do I look like Nathan to you?" Mason chortled, referring to his younger brother. He placed his arms on both sides of my hips, and continued to rub small and slow circles. I put my arms behind his neck,like I had before.

"No you're uglier, you see." I reminded him, and he smiled. His eyes looked into mine, with what seemed like admiration.

"Mhmm." We stayed silent for a little while, when that feeling erupted in my stomach again. Butterflies.

Even though we just stood there—eyes locked into one another—goosebumps appeared on my body, and my heart race picked up. I watched as Mason used one of his hands, to place on my cheek. I leaned into his touch, still keeping eye contact with him.

"I have so many things I want to do with you, right now." Mason whispered, before he placed a gentle kiss on my lips. Immediately, a wave of excitement and desire ignited in my body. His lips were warm and soft, on mine.

I tried to pull him back—for a proper kiss this time—but he put his hands on my shoulders to stop me. My eyebrows furrowed, and I looked at him with a confused expression. Mason shook his head, his expression full of regret.

"Look. We should probably go find the others." He told me, removing his hands from my hips.

What? What the hell was up with him? This was his second time cutting our kiss short. Why even kiss me, if you're going to react that way?

"What's wrong? Did I do something...?" I asked in a low voice, my arms folded across my chest. Mason shook his head again, running his slender fingers through his wavy brown hair.

"N-no. That's not it, Sofia. I just...I don't want to get attached or anything." He admitted, looking at me with apologetic eyes.

Attached? To me? He didn't want to get attached to me?...how was this even happening right now.

I got dressed up for him tonight, even danced for him, and then he 'kissed me', only to say he doesn't want to get attached?

You know what? I don't have to put up with his nonsense.

I unfolded my arms, and looked him up and down. "Great...um, I've got to go." I turned to leave, but Mason quickly held on to my hand, and spun me around to face him.

"Sofia, I didn't mean to-"

I snatched my hand from his grip, and spun around. I walked away from him, before he could say anything else. He can talk to me when he's done playing these stupid games with me. I can't take it anymore. I just needed to get my mind off him, for a second.

God, I can't believe I'm saying this but; I need a freaking drink.

*******

I'm back :)

I'm sorry I have not posted in so long. With the problems Wattpad has had over the last few days, I thought it would be best to uninstall the app for some time. X

Question (a serious one too)- Noah or Marco? (Kissing booth 2)

Most people disagree with me, but I'm team Marco XD
I feel like Noah barely had any screen time, and character development compared to the first movie...But I don't know, that's just my opinion lol.

Until next time <3

************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173 21 34
Seventeen-year-old high school graduate, Jessica has her life sprawling out of control until she meets a stranger who has her lonely heart beating in...
2.4K 8 20
Trigger warning for the following: -mature content -some strong language -fighting -mentions of abuse Everything was cool. It was fine and normal...
116K 2.9K 59
This Story is a Sequel to Broken so I suggest you read that first before coming to this one because then you are not going to understand Anything. Th...
2.4K 292 40
Astrid and her brother; Chance just moved into a new town. She happens to be neighbours with two boys, with one being whipped by his ex and the other...