Tratie One-Shots

By caliwriter07

Travis Stoll and Katie Gardner... not a canon relationship in Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series, but the fa... More

I'm Fine
Love Potion [Pt. 1]
Hotel Room
Gardner's Missing
No More Yelling [Pt. 1]
No More Yelling [Pt. 2]
Swear on the Styx
Panic Attack
You're All I Have
Pregnant?
Pretend
Kiss Me
Done
Punishment
Stolen Makeup Bag
College Roommate
The Journal of Travis Stoll

Love Potion [Pt. 2]

2.5K 30 19
By caliwriter07

Here's Part 2, aka the final part of Love Potion. I'm going to try to post at least once a week, but we'll see. I also might start another collection of one-shots but with just the theme of Percy Jackson, meaning no specific couple or group involved. I just knew I wanted a separate one for Tratie because they're my favorite PJO Wattpad stories to read.

Okay, I got distracted. Enjoy!

*DISCLAIMER* All characters in this story except for Darla and Darrell belong to Rick Riordan. 

Travis POV

The hellhound sprang forward, and I grabbed Katie's arm, jumping out of its way to the left side of the room. Darla and Darrell jumped to the right. Darla plucked the rose from her apron pocket, crushed it, and it turned into a glittering rose quartz sword with a Celestial bronze tip. I'm not sure if those tips are really that effective, but hopefully they are.

Darrell took a pink cloth napkin from his jeans pocket, waved it, and it expanded into a gleaming shield of pearls. Again, not sure how effective that is. I drew my Celestial bronze sword that I stole- er, borrowed from camp, and Katie unsheathed her Imperial gold dagger that I "borrowed" for her when I visited Camp Jupiter.

Darla and Darrell backed into a corner.

"What in Hades are you doing?" I shouted.

"Mom said we can only hurt the monster in self-defense," Darla called back. "Those who seek the antidote shall slay the guardian."

I groaned. The hellhound eyed the twins suspiciously, but didn't attack. Before I could come up with a plan, the hellhound turned towards Katie and I and launched itself forward. We both rolled to opposite sides. Katie leapt at the hellhound and sank her dagger right in its back leg. The hellhound howled in pain, and turned to face her. I ran forward and slashed its right front leg with my sword, trying to get the hellhound's attention off of Katie. It doesn't matter if my love for her was created by a potion, even when I pull pranks on her, I always have to make sure she's safe and unharmed. During the Titan War, she and Connor were the first people I asked about. During that time though, she and I were still considered enemies, so the people I asked began to become suspicious of my true feelings towards her. 

Katie and I were on opposite sides of the hellhound, which gave us an advantage. The hellhound would have to focus on one of us to eat up. We both moved around, hitting different parts of the hellhound's body. One of Katie's strikes made the hellhound collapse. Katie ran to my side as I raised my sword.

"Wait," she said, holding up her hand. I stared at her.

"Um... what?" I responded dumbly.

Katie walked towards the hellhound's head and knelt right beside it. I've learned not to question her, but I wanted to tackle her away from the hellhound's mouth, his strongest weapon. But it didn't attack her. I noticed Katie blinking back tears. I've been dating her for six months, and embarrassed her for years before that; basically, I can tell when she's about to cry. When her eyes met mine, I understood. She was sad because the hellhound was only doing its job, guarding the potion. It was working for Aphrodite, for an Olympian... it wasn't truly our enemy. I walked beside her and heard the hellhound whimper.

"We should make it faster," I insisted. Katie nodded. I walked to the hellhound's stomach area and closed my eyes as I stuck the sword through its body. I hate doing things Katie doesn't want me to do, which is odd because as a son of the god of thieves and trickery, I hate being told what to do. Pranking her and teasing her is different now... if she asked me to stop, I would. But the thing is, even when she's yelling at me, Katie never tells me what to do. I always make fun of her for her love of plants, but even when she gets mad at me for my pranks, she still accepts them. She also just laughs whenever I attempt to hide something I stole. She doesn't blame me for my natural ways.

Who besides my siblings has ever been that way towards me? No one. I blinked back tears of my own, but not for the hellhound. I don't want to be Katie's enemy... I can't lose her.

Darrell's voice snapped me back to the present.

"That was impressive," he said. "You okay, Katie?"

Katie set her dagger on the floor. "Yeah. I've killed many monsters before... but this one felt different."

"Because it was innocent," I said, watching as the hellhound's body faded into Tartarus. "It was only doing its job. But let's get that antidote."

When I looked up, I was surprised to see we didn't have much farther to go. Seriously, like six steps. A small, but tall wooden table was placed in the back of the room. It had a pink square of fabric overflowing down the sides, and a vial holder, one mortals use for experiments in chemistry class. This one in particular, however, was shaped in the form of a raindrop. All five of the slots were occupied by tiny vials of bubbling hot pink liquid. Katie walked up next to me, accompanied by Darrell. Darla walked past us to the vials. She picked two of them up, and turned to face us. I stared as the empty slots began to magically create vials that replaced the ones just taken.

As Darla came forward, I noticed each of the vials projected a rosy pink aura. Everything is pink here, does Aphrodite like any other colors? Where's the red? Doesn't she like red?

Darrell walked to Darla's side. Katie laced her fingers through mine.

"Before you drink these, we are obligated to tell you everything that will happen once you do," Darla said slowly.

"This form of antidotes for Aphrodite's love potion are specifically designed to erase the potion from you, meaning memories. Neither of you will remember your relationship, but anyone else who is aware of it will remember. However, if they mention it to you, Aphrodite will drown them in rose perfume or torture them into loving someone who will never love them back. They will be warned of that before you get back." Darrell explained. I almost laughed, but his expression was deadly serious. 

"Also," Darla added, "because the potion is working with your mind, you will faint when you drink this. Don't worry, though, Aphrodite will find a way to get you back to Camp Half-Blood. Hopefully. If she doesn't, I'm sure Hermes will help out."

Darla stuck her hands out, and Katie and I both grabbed a vial. I turned to look at her. My brain still hasn't quite processed what will happen after I drink this, but I'm not sure I want to understand. It's all so confusing.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked Katie.

She nodded. "It's the only way. I will not be in one of Aphrodite's games any longer." Her anger fueled me, and I smiled at her in admiration.

I turned to the twins. "Assuming we don't see you again, and, um... don't remember you... thank you."

"We really appreciate it." Katie added.

They both gave wary smiles. I don't think they've ever witnessed someone using the antidote. They have given me a new perspective on children of Aphrodite... sometimes they're not crazy, like Drew, or rebellious, like Piper. Sometimes they're just normal demigods. That's a first for children of the love goddess.

When I faced Katie, she reached up and wrapped her free hand around my neck. She kissed me, and it definitely was not like any kiss we've ever had. It was the way I would've kissed her if we were both about to die... the thought made me shudder. When she pulled away, I saw sadness but hopefulness in her eyes.

"Come back to me, Stoll," she whispered. She raised the vial towards her mouth, and I did the same.

"I love you, Kates," I whispered back.

"3... 2... 1..." she said quietly, but forcefully. I quickly drank the potion, and it tasted of strawberry lemonade (what Katie and I got to drink on our first date). As my memory began wavering, I closed my eyes and made a prayer.

Aphrodite, Demeter, Hermes... please have empathy. Katie is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know I probably don't deserve her, but I will do my best. Give me another chance... a real chance. Meaning, don't force us together or keep us apart. Please.

Then I collapsed, and the world went dark.

Katie POV

Katie's Diary

Dear Diary,

So, exactly one year ago, I went on a quest to Paris, France with Travis Stoll. We were supposed to get something for the gods, I forgot what it was... but apparently we were both knocked out by a hellhound and brought home unconscious. I don't remember anything from that day except for a plane and cab ride, and a walk down a street, but that's it. I don't even remember the mission. Anyways, I began to learn that my literal enemy who pranked me every single day was maybe... not that bad? Well, you've heard me rambling about my confusing feelings. Since the quest, everyone in camp has been trying to get us to admit our feelings for each other. I'm not sure why all of a sudden every single person I talked to was desperate for me to like Travis, or even knew I liked him, but that's not the point.

This morning, I was in the strawberry fields, and Travis came down to talk to me. I realized he hadn't pranked me today or yesterday, so when I asked him about it, he told me he likes me! Then he asked me out! I'm so excited. I think I'm already falling in love with him... 

Whoa, Katie, you haven't even kissed yet. SLOW DOWN.

So, that's it. I should go help Miranda get the red dye out of her hair... the Stolls didn't prank me, but they pranked her. Bye!

Love,

Katie 

Hope you enjoyed! I really like doing parts because I'm better at writing longer stories. 'Love Potion' was much more fun for me to write than 'I'm Fine', so I'll probably do something more similar to 'Love Potion' soon. I also just couldn't bring myself to leave it at a cliffhanger,  which I was about to do, but I needed an answer myself. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 936 26
just tratie oneshots because I am bored I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS ONLY THE ONESHOTS!!!!!
25.2K 433 30
Hey, thanks for giving this book a chance! It's one of the most cliche books out there, so I'm actually kind of surprised that you found this one. Th...
2.5K 52 16
Does Travis think that him and Katie could really be something, does he have a crush on her, or will they tear the entire camp apart. If you want to...
55.7K 1.1K 16
β€’completed storyβ€’ Katie Gardner, daughter of Demeter, and Travis Stoll, son of Hermes, have an admittedly strange relationship dynamic. In the midst...