Betrothed

By seayceeforlife

Sean and Kaycee are married. Forcefully. They live under the same roof as strangers. Strangers who sleep in... More

Author's note✊
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Not an update °-°
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 22

1.8K 104 397
By seayceeforlife

This time, Sean woke up first.

The clock showed 6 am, which meant Sean had slept for a full 3 hours. Impressed with his progress, as he was sleeping more and more with each night, he got off the bed quietly since Kaycee was still sprawled on the bed, snoring lightly.

As he was took out his toothbrush, he peeked back into the room while brushing his teeth.

Kaycee's hair was  spread across her pillow with her face pressed on her right hand which was under her head. His eyes carefully went over each little detail of her sleeping face carefully.

Her closed eyes, her button nose, her mouth slightly open, her chest rising and falling and finally her lips. The moment he realised he was staring at her lips shamelessly, he jerked his head away from hern embarrassed.

As he washed his face, he was comparing Kaycee once again. The fluttering of his heart, the giddiness he felt when Kaycee agreed to something he said, the warmth in his face and neck whenever they had a little 'moment' and the feeling of her small body perfectly fitting into his.

He wasn't a fool. He knew what it meant.

He had once experienced those feelings with Audrey.

But it was too soon.

How do I know this isn't just another repetition of history? What if what I feel is just a phase?

He did think he was in love once. But he wasn't.

There was no denying that he liked her as a friend. She was funny, weird and quirky, they had the same taste in movies and shows and she had been nothing but supportive of his family ever since she came here. Which was a lot for a girl who was married to a stranger.

In fact I'm pretty sure they all already love her more than me.

He scoffed at the thought.

And I'm supposed to their son.

Speaking of family....

Sean uncomfortably glanced at Kaycee. He couldn't figure out what happened for Kaycee to have this much hatred for her parents. The way her eyes first widened in surprise and then squinted in hatred was shockingly new to Sean.

He couldn't imagine himself hating his parents. But parents always care for you no matter how strict they are, isn't it?

Sean didn't even realize when he was standing still and staring at Kaycee. But he was not looking at her. His mind was unfocused.

Whatever they did, it can't be unforgivable, right? Because after all they are your parents. They care for you even if they don't show it.

Kaycee's phone dinged by the bedside table, breaking Sean's trance. As a reflex, his eyes glanced over the lit screen and he saw the name Bailey in a brief moment. He scooted closer to read the message.

His brain told him not to but curiosity always kills the cat.

Bailey

Hey, let me know if you've changed your mind about the party.

You can bring Sean too.

It's not like the girls are life-threatening me to tell you to bring him if you come. Nope. Nope. Not at all.

(-_-)

Sean felt a bubble of laughter rising up his throat. Putting the phone back down, he wondered why Kaycee wasn't going.

He knew the reason. It was very obvious. But he also felt like he needed a distraction. His mind was getting too clouded with possibilities and thoughts.

The only solution he could think of was.... alcohol. And he didn't like it.

He had never been drunk.

He didn't plan to either. But maybe a few drinks would help.

Besides there's no way Kaycee's going alone there. He needed to be there.

Then Sean heard a groan.

Jumping at least five feet away from the table, he only had a five seconds to think of a 'not-awkward' position.

"Se... Sean?" Kaycee peeked one eye half a centimetre open. Her voice was adorably scratchy from sleep. "Why are you staring at the wall?"

"Uhhh... the wall is... interesting. Maybe we should change the colour you know." He laughed nervously.

Kaycee raised her eyebrows.

"For-Forget I said anything." Sean cleared his throat loudly.

"Why do you want to change the-"

"How are you feeling?"

Kaycee paused. "W-What?"

"No.. I-I was just...its.."

There was just something about seeing Sean flustered made Kaycee's heart soar and rise. Her lips turned upwards in a gentle smile and she softly said, "Sean, I'm okay."

Sean stopped rambling.

"Okay."

Kaycee burst out laughing. Sean's boyish grin made him look like a five-year old.

Shaking her head, Kaycee removed the blanket from over her body and threw her legs off the bed.

"So, Kaycee?"

"Hmm?" Kaycee was tying her hair in a bun.

"About Bailey's party..."

_

"Are you sure Miya won't feel-"

"Kaycee, for the five hundredth millionth time, no. Mom would probably thank us for leaving the house. If you didn't notice she hardly leaves-" But Sean was cut off.

"Dad's room now. Yeah, I know."

Silence.

"W-What?"

Realizing what she just said, Kaycee slammed her hand on her mouth, her eyes wide.

Sean's heart was thumping loudly.

"I..I didn't mean to... I don't know why I-"

But Sean couldn't hear her. The only words he could hear ringing over and over again in his ears was 'dad'.

Without noticing Kaycee's red flushed face, he simply slipped his hand into her small one and wrapped it in his large one.

Surprised, Kaycee looked up at him.

But his dimples distracted her.

When Sean spoke his voice was soft and gentle, "Let's go."

Kaycee could only nod, transfixed by his dimples and warmth.

And Sean pulled her by the hand all the way to the car.

They didn't even glance back when Serris and Kylie, who had come over to help them, squealed and Serris accidentally hit Kylie in the face with a carrot and Sarah dropped her pan on the floor with a  loud bang.

_

"He's your husband?"

"Uhh... yeah."

"You know, I didn't agree with the girls first that a businessman could be this hot but I agree now. He a snack, girl." Bailey glanced at him as Sean bent down to pick up the plates. "A snack with a plump peach butt."

"BAILEY!"

"What? I'm just saying you're lucky." She said, winking.

"What happened? Why you shouting?" Tahani was munching on some hot Cheetos as she approached a pink eared Kaycee and a chuckling Bailey.

"Nothing."

"We're talking about Sean."

"Oh yeah, he's definitely edible."

"What? Shut up!"

Tahani laughed at Kaycee's extreme red face and playfully whispered to Bailey. "Bails, she knows everything. I mean he's her husband."

"Yeah, how is he in bed? Wild? Rough?" Bailey smirked and hit her shoulder suggestively. "Sensual?"

"Uhhh.... good." At this point, Kaycee was sure her entire body's blood was in her face.

"Just good? Oh, you know he's better than that. Tell us." Tahani blinked her eyes.

Come to think about it, Sean didn't seem like a rough or wild guy.

Without realising what her mouth was saying, she uttered softly, "Gentle and sensual."

Bailey hooted.

"Aw man, I'm so jealous." Tahani screeched.

"Okay, I'm done here." Kaycee rushed away hurriedly before anyone could protest and walked straight into a wall.

"Woah, woah, careful. Why are you always fighting with walls?"

Out of nowhere, Sean came up behind her and caught her before she hugged the ground.

Still not recovered from what happened, Kaycee jerked her hand away from Sean's grasp. Sean was surprised at her.

"What did I-"

"GUYS, LET'S PLAY TRUTH OR DARE."

Tati groaned. When Tahani gave her a glare, she said, "We've played that game at least 300 million times."

"Fine, then. Let's play only dares."

"Oooh boy. I'm ready." Bailey smirked at Kaycee.

Kaycee could only pray.

_

"I dare you to remove your bra here and put in on your butt."

"Oof, it's getting hot in here." Ken exclaimed, who Kaycee only met an hour ago as Bailey's boyfriend.

Bailey rolled her eyes. "Easy."

Shuffling her hand under her tank top, she played around a little bit before finally unclasping her bra.

"Dammit, I wanted  to help."

Everyone laughed while Bailey punched Ken on the shoulders.

"Okay let's seee." Bailey said, as she finally managed to put her bra cups on her butt cheeks. "Hmmm..... how about-"

Not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me not me-

"Sean."

Kaycee closed her eyes. God really didn't want to be on her side today.

"How about...." Bailey pretended to look around a bit even though she already had her dare planned. "A little kiss for Kaycee?"

Where's my grave?

However Sean was more collected than Kaycee, who had started hyperventilating almost immediately. He took her hand and squeezed it intending to calm her down but Kaycee started freaking out even more.

"Okay."

The world stopped.

At least for Kaycee.

After he said that, almost everyone whipped out their phones.

Sean sighed.

He turned over to Kaycee, who was still avoiding his eyes, and gently tipped her chin up to meet his eyes. Sean saw that she wasn't scared.

She was nervous.

Smiling, he cupped her face slowly, grabbing her jaw lightly and turned her face down.

Others were visibly confused.

Then Sean leaned closer and pressed his lips on her forehead, keeping it there for a soulful moment. Kaycee's eyes fluttered close in content as electricity coursed through her veins from her forehead.

Sean pulled back for a second as Kaycee opened her eyes, still in a trance. But she barely recovered from that before Sean lowered her head a bit more and pressed his lips on the crown of her head, pulling her even closer.

"He didn't kiss her on the lips and yet my heart just exploded." Jenna whispered, not so softly.

Flustered beyond belief, both Sean and Kaycee broke apart. Kaycee was laughing nervously and Sean was smiling widely.  He didn't think much before putting his arm around her shoulder and pulled her towards his side, tucking her in under his arm.

Kaycee was surprised, whipping her head towards him with warm but questioning eyes but you wouldn't hear a complain from her. She turned back with a wide grin, wrapping one arm around him too.

For the rest of the game, they stuck to each other, stealing warmth and peace, despite the complains from Jenna and Tahani of making them feel lonely.

"What happened?" Sean had notice Kaycee's face falling and her giggles get quieter.

In a way, it was impossible not to notice since as they got tipsy Kaycee went on leaning on his chest. Until she was finally almost lying completely on his body for support.

"I just got a message. Mom sent me a ticket and details. She really doesn't know what 'No' means."

"Is it really that bad? That you couldn't meet them once."

Kaycee was taken aback. "Y-You don't believe me?"

"No, no, I do Kaycee. I do believe you."

"You don't." Kaycee freed herself from him. Sean suddenly felt his body's temperature drop."Just like everyone else."

The hurt in Kaycee's voice was so evident it physically pained Sean to hear her.

"J-Just like...like those police offi-"

"Kaycee, no." Sean whispered as he hugged her tightly, burying her head in his chest.

From the other side of the room, someone else had noticed this exchange between them.

"What happened?" Tati asked. Tate turned to look towards them.

"Oh my gosh, Kaycee are you okay?" Bailey gushed.

Kaycee nodded her head, from being pressed against Sean's chest.

"You can tell us, we'll help you." Tahani scooted closer to them, her eyebrows furrowed in worry.

Sean squeezed her shoulders to ask for her permission and to his surprise she nodded, still not lifting her head up from his chest.

So he proceeded to explain the entire situation to them, during which no one talked or moved except for the occasional vibration of Kaycee.

After he recited the entire story, Tati spoke up, "You should go."

Both Sean and Kaycee turned to look at her in surprise.

Tate elbowed her in the stomach.

"I-I mean... you could settle it.... once and for all with them."

"Or maybe give them a few punches to the face." Jenna piped up. "I'm really skilled at that."

"Me too." Ken said.

"Me three." Bailey nodded her head.

"Do you want an army behind you? We could totally kick their butts." Tahani fisted her hands in the air.

"I appreciate it. But all that's gonna do is get you in jail-"

"I'm sorry but isn't this Kaycee's fight?" Tati spoke up, everyone giving her the glares. "I don't mean it like that! I just mean she needs to tell them that they're not in control anymore. And also they can easily resist us if we get there."

"She's got a point." Tate agreed. "Kaycee needs to stand up for herself. She should go alone."

As they went back to their car, Sean intertwining their fingers again without any reason.

He kept it connected like that till they reached home, sparing shy glances and eye contacts in a while.

Maybe she's right.

I do need to go alone.

I need to fight my own battles.

She thought that too soon.

________________________________________

Halo!

Before we start I wanted to clear a few things.

I know it might not seem like a big deal to you that Kaycee called Cheuk her father, or maybe you found that creepy but here where I live this is a normal occurence. The girl accepts her parents-in-law as her second parents and calls them Mom and Dad too. Just like a girl's father can call his daughter's boyfriend as his son, a girl can accept her in law as her second father. Which in Kaycee's case is a much better choice.

About the kiss scene, not every married couple I've seen are that open or comfortable in public. But I've seen a lot of them kissing their cheeks or forehead or head without any solid reason, over small things. Besides Sean probably knew she wasn't comfortable for that step seeing her nervous. I mean we'd wouldn't know would we? *winks

Anyway, I wrote this at supersonic speed yesterday since I had an idea for a scene I had to put in before we go on to Boston.

But how did you like this? Do you think it's  a good idea for Kaycee to go alone? Why do you think she's in danger? What could her parents possibly do?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this trash of a chapter I wrote. I'll edit it throughout today because my dumbass fell asleep immediately after publishing the chapter yesterday.

I love y'all. Everyone one of you ❤❤❤

You can message me here or on Instagram. I would love to talk to you. ❤❤

Vote and comment if you want please 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 610 26
Sean Lew is a famous singer but people talk about him as the playboy who ends every night drunk or with a black eye. Kaycee Rice is an actress who...
46K 1.2K 60
Sean and Kaycee are best friends. The best of friends actually. When a new girl comes into Sean's life, how will kaycee react before she's even able...
29.3K 1.6K 34
'I'm never going to like him. Ever' A story where Sean Lew and Kaycee Rice send snappy remarks and and death glares at every shared moment. But wit...
148K 4.4K 22
"you touch me and it's almost like we knew that there will be history..." the instant that they danced together for the first they knew that nothing...