Memories

By marieleone

Taken by her own father. She had everything taken away, the ones she loved and adored. Her memories of them g... More

Prologue - Mystery Man.
Chapter One - First Impression.
Chapter 2 - Poked the Dragon's Eye.
Chapter 3 - Idea of True Potential.
Chapter 4 - Scream Again.
Chapter 5 - Cheating is Cheating.
Chapter 6 - Chaos and Art.
Chapter 7 - Messing With My Head
Chapter 8 - Tease.
Not an Update
Chapter 9 -What You See
Chapter 10 - Fake Victory
Chapter 11 - Unveiled Truth.
Chapter 12 - The Reminisce
Chapter 14 -
Chapter 15 -
Chapter 16 - Blood Revealed
Chapter 17 -
Chapter 18 -
Chapter 19 - Self-Hurt.
Chapter 20 - Us.
Chapter 21 -
Chapter 22 -
Chapter 23 -
Chapter 24 -
Chapter 25 -
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27 -
Chapter 28 -

Chapter 13 -

31 7 0
By marieleone

I really can't believe all of this, I can't believe that it took my mother ten years to tell me I had a daughter. And she had the guts to ask me to understand her. What the hell am I supposed to understand?

Instead of seating here, and feeling sorry for myself; I decided to find an outlet, and I knew just the person. Picking my phone and dialing his number, I said.

"Daniel, I need to see you."

"Couldn't wait for me to call could you?" he asked me. The sly bastard.

"Don't start." I said.

"Fine, meet me at the ranch." He said.

"Your ranch?"

"Yes, that way we'll kill two birds with one stone. You get to see me and question Boston."

"Yeah, I totally forgot about that." I nervously chuckled.

"Okay." He said "See you then." And the line went dead.

Driving to his place, was even more annoying to my already annoyed self. Sighing to myself, as I disembarked from my car and walked the large mass of land that was his ranch straight to the main building there. Knowing him, I knew exactly where he was and went straight to the bedroom; where I found him bent over his reading table. His suit jacket hanging on the chair he was seated on, his tie loosened but still on his neck. There's something alluring about this architect.

I moved closer to him, and peppered kisses on his neck line. 

"You're here already." He said, as he discarded what he was reading on the desk and pulled me unto his lap. I didn't give him the chance to talk as I immediately attacked his lips with mine. At the same time, my hands got rid of his shirt.

"Take me." I didn't need to tell him twice, he lifted me up without as much as a strand of discomfort and moved us to the bed. He moved on top of me as he dipped his head, and kissed my from my jaw straight to my cleavage, and that was when I realized, that my blouse had disappeared. 

"Why are you doing this?" he asked.

"Do I need a reason to do this?"

"Yes, we both know that we only have sex with each other when either of us wants to clear our heads. I have nothing to clear for now, and that leaves only you. So, what's on your mind?"

"I can't believe you." I sighed, as I flipped us over and was now on top of him. "You have a beautiful half naked woman in front of you, yet you can still formulate a complete sentence."

"I have to tell you that you're not the first beautiful woman I've seen, and you'll certainly not be the last." The cynical bastard. I growled in anger. "Now, now, that's not a very womanly sound to make. Just tell me, what's got you so worked up?"

"Its not your business." I said gritting my teeth.

"It became my business the moment you decided to take it out on me." He said referring to the position we were currently in.

"You talk like you're not enjoying it."

"Sue me, I'm a man, its not really my fault I get a boner when a woman is straddling me is it?" he asked, and I lowered my head pulling him into a kiss, before saying.

"I'd get a boner too."

"That's not getting you any closer to having sex with me." He informed me "I still demand to know what is on your mind."

"I just found out some disturbing news." I paused. "I have a child."

"How is that disturbing?"

"Don't you get it, a daughter."

"Is she as good looking as you?"

"You must be kidding me right now. I didn't raise Daphne and that's the first thing you ask me!" I yelled at him and he just threw me off him. "What was that for?"

"Please tell me Daphne is a five year old that still enjoys wearing pig-tails and throwing Princess parties."

"No, she's not a day younger than seventeen."

"Holy shit! The world seems to be fucking with me today."

"Elaborate."

"I just found out I'd been having sex with my the mother of my son's girlfriend."

"What?"

"You heard me right."

"Seems the earth's been fucking with both of us, today."

"Don't you think that you should be with your daughter, not here with me, in my bed."

"Daniel, with both know I'm not good with kids, and besides she's a grown child, she doesn't need me."

"She might be grown, but she's still your child. She needs you. I'm not keeping you here, even if it means driving you to where she lives." I'll make him swallow those words.

"You know where she lives?"

"Did you miss the part where I said she was my son's girlfriend." He said, then corrected himself. "Or ex now, she dumped his ass." he chuckled to himself.

"I don't think any father should be happy that his son was dumped."

"That idiot doesn't have any characteristics of mine, expect from physical ones."

"I told you before, quit calling your kid an idiot."

"I can't help it, he's one. You don't sleep with someone else to make your girl jealous."

"Aren't you doing the same thing?"

"No, I'm very much in love with my wife. We've discussed this."

"Yes, and it ended with me naked in your bed. Reason why we're not having that discussion again." I said. "since its obvious you don't want to have sex with me."

"I never said that, but its wrong."

"Says the man who has slept with me more times than I can count."

"That was before I found out that you're Alexis Sandoval."

"You knew me?"

"Most people knew you." He corrected. So I guess I was popular, but I could less about that. I want to know.

"Just who was Alexis Sandoval to you?" I asked as I bit my lip trying to taking his hand. But he caught it and his black beaded eyes bore straight into mine.

"This is why I'd advise any sane man, not to get involved with Cassias blood. You Cassias' are dangerous." he said, but it sounded more like he was scolding himself. 

"But yet-"

"Yes, I know, I've been sharing your bed, and I don't regret it. Just don't get any ideas into that pretty little head of yours." he said as he grabbed me by the chin and kissed me, getting rid of any other form of clothing that was in the way of our bodies being together. The real reason I liked Daniel, there was no such thing as foreplay, he was always direct and straight, especially when it came to sex.  

After a few hours, and a failed interrogation of Boston in the basement of Daniel's ranch. I found myself in my bar, pacing around simply thinking. 

It wasn't exactly the most peaceful interrogations, but he didn't budge. It seemed he was used to torture, how can anyone be used to torture? Does that even make sense? It seemed crude for anyone, even for a sick bastard like Micheal Boston. If not for Daniel's presence, I would've most likely gouged his eyes out, and castrated him. But as my luck had it, I was denied the pleasure of doing either of those things.

After much deliberation, I decided that I could take a little swig of Jack Daniels, my favorite hot drink by far. With a couple of ice cubes, and a bottle in my hand I sat down on my desk, and sipped away. 

And that was when my drink was interrupted.

"I can't even have a goddamn drink in peace, can I?" I asked, without looking at who opened the door.

"Don't give me that tone." The male said forcing me to look up, and my voice was lost in my throat before I was finally able to croak out an answer.

"Father." it sounded like a question.

"You don't seem so happy to see me." he said "I thought that after a week of staying away from you, you'll at least miss me."

"I never said I anything about not missing you." I said, instead of replying me. He walked in completely and took a glass and poured himself a shot as well.

"So, what's got you sour?"

"You." I told him with a pretty straight face, and I was so sure of that. "Did you know?" I asked out of the blue, and I knew he knew exactly what I was talking about.

"I know everything, you know that don't you?" Of course, the old man was probably the wisest person I had met. "So, what do you plan on doing now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play with me. I know what you did, with that Daniel brat. Did you finally kill Micheal?"

"I would've, you know I would've loved to but all thanks to the man you're calling a brat I didn't." I told him. "I know you were his supplier."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"You were doing business with that old prick, that tried to fulfill his nasty desires with me."

"I was already working with him before that. You really didn't expect me to stop, did you?"

"I thought you'd want to protect your only living daughter."

"And you think I haven't been doing that all along?" He asked squeezing the glass he was holding.

"And your protection included changing my name, and taking me away from my daughter?"

"Both of those things were necessary for you to continue being alive, but if you want to go back to being Alexis, I really don't care, either way you remain my daughter."

"Why was I bearing Alexis Sandoval?"

"I knew this will come back and bite me in the ass one day." he said to himself.

"I still want an explanation for that, father."

"Look, you grew up as a Sandoval. There was nothing I could do about it, I had to give you away."

"You didn't want me?" I asked him.

"What? Who put that stupid idea in your head?"

"You just said it right now!" I yelled as I threw the glass on the wall breaking it into tiny pieces. 

"You were just a little baby, there were two of you. And your mother left me with three girls, I didn't have any idea how to take care of a child, still don't. I had to make sure both you and Elisabeth had good lives."

"So you gave us out?" I asked "Whatever happened to Elisabeth?"

"She died, just like Carmen. We both know that I have just you left."

"No, you have mom and your grand-daughter." I said, and he chuckled.

"We both know that your mother doesn't love me, she stopped loving me a long time ago. And I don't remember the last time I spoke to that brat."

"Brat? Have some respect, she's my daughter."

"And you feel like you have some right of claim on her. Yet I find you here taking a swig."

"That's none of your business."

"You're right, and I could care less if you talked to her, but if you get close to that Lanzo boy that you fathered her with. I'll kill him."

"You wouldn't" I told him, he wouldn't. Right?

"You know better than to say that, you're just making my resolve to kill him stronger." He said as he moved closer to me and took my hand and said. "You're the most important person in my life."

"I don't even know this Lanzo fellow, is he attractive?" I asked completely ignoring the point he just made. I was instantly met by his disapproving stare and burst into laughter, momentarily forgetting my problems.

"That wasn't the slightest bit funny." He sighed exasperatedly 

"I know, but did you see your face?" I asked laughing again, as his facial expression morphed back to what it was before. 

"Remind me why I came back again?"

"I don't know, but the joke is on you old man. You're no longer my biggest problem, you just got pushed to second place."

"And what's your first?"

"And why would I tell you?" I asked, and he said.

"Don't tell me, I don't want to be tempted to kill the person." He said pouring another glass before asking "You want one? Since you destroyed your last one for no apparent reason this time." He said looking at the pieces of glass now littered on the floor. Whenever we fought, things like this always happened, I was seriously getting tired of our little pointless fights.

And that was how I found myself spending the rest of the night chatting away with my father.

Hurray to me, I had to wing this chapter, it wasn't the easiest thing I've done. And I've done a lot of hard things in my oh so short life. I had no idea what to name this chapter, so I decided to leave it blank. I'm open for chapter title suggestions in the comment section.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 4.1K 56
They both have a traumatic past that haunts them but together they find the will to live.
79 1 17
Kate has the perfect life or so she thought. Then one day she awakes up with no memory and in a strange place. Will she be able to recover her memory...
5.1K 545 57
Nothing in her life ever made sense. Why her father hated her, why he tortured her mother, why she was forced to kill her only sibling, and after run...
8.9K 103 29
What if you found out that the life you were living was a lie? That you were destined to be something much greater? What if the one person who holds...