This Could End

By kissmyredlips

The S #4 Kaia Persephone Ziegler is an actress, not just by profession but also in real life. After all, she... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Seven

24.6K 1.1K 223
By kissmyredlips

"Cheers!" the entire crew bellowed as they raised their shot glasses filled with soju.

I wasn't fond of drinking soju but I took a shot just to be with them in spirit. It was supposed to be a taping day today pero nag-half day lang at nang sumapit ang four o'clock ay pumunta ang buong production crew at cast sa Yoshimeatsu, a Korean and Japanese restaurant. The big bosses rented out the place so we can celebrate the end of promotion premiere of the pilot episode tonight.

I was just glad that the promo was done. It was exhausting to be always smiling at the camera. I love my fans and I love doing mall shows. I used to love the attention and fame and acting equally but after years of being in the spotlight, I've outgrown it and I was more invested in my craft.

Plus, the promo period is always just pure hell. Hindi dahil sa fan interactions but because of the T.V. guesting. Lalo na sa mga T.V. shows na may games.

Everyone was busy eating and chatting. Hindi naman ako makakain nang madami dahil may charity ball ako bukas. I didn't wanna bother working out so I'd rather watch my food consumption.

I checked my wrist watch. Masyado pang maaga. We've only been here for an hour but I was already eager to go home. I had plans to watch the pilot episode with the guys. I don't usually watch my own series unless it was for a study, but they weren't the type who watches Filipino films or TV series so I wanted to be there for their first time.

"May lakad ka?" Rowan suddenly asked beside me. He was pouring himself another glass of soju. Medyo namumula na rin siya. Mestiso si Rowan kaya madali talagang pumula kapag umiinom. Based on my night out experiences with him. This time though, the redness might have something to do with the two bottles of soju that he managed to finish.

"Wala naman." I picked up my chopsticks and took some seasoned spinach to make a point.

"Hmm..." Rowan teasingly hummed but didn't say anything else.

I mingled for the next thirty minutes before announcing that I was going to leave. Wala naman angal ang lahat. It was normal for the casts to leave early. Usually, events like these are made for the production team who really worked hard. Mas komportable pa nga sila kapag wala ang mga artista. Or maybe it was just me. I personally think that I wasn't fun to be around with. I could socialize just fine but I wasn't a social butterfly like Rowan.

Iniwan ko si Emma sa restaurant para mag-enjoy siya kasama ang iba. Ako lang ang umalis. There wasn't a new text from Hades. His last text, he told me that he was still at his university and to let him know if I was on the way home so that was what I did.

Hades:
Already?

Halatang hindi siya makapaniwala na maaga akong uuwi. With my schedule, kadalasan ay nine or ten na talaga ang pinakamaagang uwi ko sa bahay. Lalo na at naging abala ako sa promo.

Hades:
I'm stuck at a group meeting.

I pouted. This was a first. Palagi ako yung huling umuuwi dahil sa busy schedule ko. I already knew about this though since he mentioned it was their midterms so he was going to be really busy, considering that their exams were coming up.

Me:
Are you gonna make it?

Hades:
Of course, baby. I just hate that I won't be there when you get home.

That made me smile.

Me:
It's my turn to welcome you home then.

Hindi agad nakasagot si Hades. I could imagine him handsomely grinning after reading my message.

Once I reached home, I cleaned up and changed into a comfortable tank top and dolphin shorts. I used my free time to do some house chores, when Hades told me that he was on his way, I left my unit and went to Takumi's.

Loud music was playing throughout the unit. It was a new scenario because they were usually just watching some show on the television or playing video games. May iba pala silang alam gawin.

I found Takumi alone at the kitchen. His back was on me as he washed something on the sink.

"Hey," I greeted as I walked towards the kitchen.

Takumi threw me a glance. He smiled and waved the radish that he was holding. "Hey, Seph. Wala pa si Hades."

"I know." Mas lumapit ako sa kanya para makita nang mabuti ang ginagawa niya. There was already a pot on the stove. "What are you cooking?"

"Sinigang na baboy."

My mouth instantly watered. Takumi was a good cook so I already knew it was going to be delicious.

"I'll help you cook," I offered.

"Sanay ka magluto ng Sinigang?"

I snorted. I only prepare healthy meals which is mainly done just by mixing. "No, but I can help mise en place."

"Okay. Pwede mong balatan yung labanos at gabi."

"Yes, chef." Lumapit ako sa sink para maghugas muna ng kamay.

Takumi prepared my area and handed me a peeler. Iilang piraso lang naman ang mga gulay kaya mabilis kong natapos.

I looked at Takumi who was preoccupied with cutting other vegetables.

"How should I cut these?" I asked.

Tumigil siya sa ginagawa at lumapit sa akin para ipakita kung paano. Alam ko yung hiwa sa labanos, yung sa gabi ang pinanuod ko nang mabuti.

I heard a door close, grabbing my attention. I saw a topless Orion with a huge Hydro Flask in hand. His hair was damped. He either got out of the shower or just finished working out.

"Wow. You two... look domesticated," he commented.

Hindi siya pinansin ni Takumi. Sa pagkasanay sa isa't-isa, hangin na lang ang pang-aasar nila. Pansin ko na si Hadeon lang yung medyo napipikon.

"Hello to you, too, Orion," I said as I shook my head and resumed to what I was doing.

"-you want?" I heard a voice that sounded like it came from a phone's speaker.

"Boy, kabahan ka na. It's Mr. Steal Yo' Girl," nakahalakhak na sabi ni Orion. Lumapit siya sa amin at inayos ang pagkakatapat ng phone sa amin, like he was recording us. Kunot noong tiningnan ko naman siya. "Don't they look like newly weds playing house?"

"You're a fucking dumbass," I heard someone say from the phone and I instantly knew that he was on a video call with Hades para mang-asar.

"Hey, don't hate the messenger," Orion retorted. Inilapit niya pa ang phone sa amin. Hinawi 'yon ni Takumi. "Medyo bagay."

"You have a death wish," Takumi murmured and shook his head but still took the vegetables and knife from me and placed it on top of the cutting board. "Ako na lang siguro gagawa, Seph."

I looked at Takumi with disbelief but he couldn't see me because he was avoiding my stares. Umiling ako at lumapit na lang kay Orion para agawin ang phone. Hinayaan niya naman ako.

I found myself smiling when I saw Hades. I could see the headrest and the roof of his car so it was easy to conclude that he was driving. His eyes were on the road.

"Malapit ka na ba?"

He glanced at the phone when he heard my voice. "I'm already at the basement."

"Hurry up and stop video calling with Orion," I said as I glared at Orion.

"Alright, baby."

"See you," my voice softened this time.

"You will," sabi niya. Ngumiti lang ako at binaba ang tawag.

I gently slammed the phone to Orion's chest. Napahawak agad si Orion doon at natawa.

Takumi wouldn't let me help him anymore. Natapos niya na ang paghiwa at actual cooking na ang ginagawa niya kaya naghanap na lang muna ako ng mapapanuod sa T.V. habang hinihintay ang pagdating ni Hadeon. It would take him around five minutes or so from the basement to Takumi's unit.

Hindi pa ako nakakapili nang mapapanood ay dumating na si Hades. My jaw dropped when I saw him wearing a school uniform. I watched him scan the unit, completely ignoring his friends when his eyes met mine.

Tumayo ako nang hindi inaalis ang tingin sa kanya. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. It was my first time seeing Hadeon in his uniform. The usual white shirt and the slacks with the color of their university. It was a delight to see him in it. He looked younger than his age, even younger than me. He even had a backpack!

"Wow," I laughingly exclaimed as I approached him.

My smile must have been infectious because he was smiling back at me even though he didn't know the joke. "What?"

I was smiling too wide. I shook my head. "It's my first time seeing you in school uniform."

"And?" He cocked a brow.

"I'm not sure if I should be dating a student," I teased.

Hadeon was grinning as he shook his head and pulled me to him for a hug. He placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Disgusting," Orion commented on the side which we all ignored.

Nagpalit si Hades ng damit at matapos ay naghintay pa kami na matapos ang niluluto ni Takumi. Hindi rin naman 'yon inabot ng oras.

After eating, we lounged at the living room while waiting for my series to start. I sat at the far end of the couch beside Hades. Nasa kabilang side si Takumi habang si Orion ay piniling maupo sa carpet.

The guys hooted as the opening credit sequence began. It was a back and forth of two point of views, showing two different settings and lives. Isang mahirap at isang mayaman.

It had a cliché premise and beginning to draw in viewers because it was the kind of formula that ordinary Filipino viewers loved but the story would progress into something better and deeper later on—a mysterious death from the past, battle of the rich clans, and back and forth revenge. With our director's cinematography prowess, it was going to be epic.

"Ayun si Seph!" Takumi excitedly pointed out when I finally appeared on the screen.

"You look younger there!" Takumi commented.

"You're wearing a school uniform," Hades pointed out and smirked at me.

"I look good in it, don't I?" pagyabang ko.

"Of course, baby," sumang-ayon agad si Hades.

"Whipped fucker," ubo ni Orion sa tabi.

Hades and Takumi hushed him and they resumed watching the serye quietly. The first part ended and was replaced with a commercial.

"Yun na yon?" tanong ni Orion.

"Commercial break, bobo," ismid ni Takumi at agad na umamo ang mukha nang lingunin ako. "Galing mo, Seph."

Umiling ako at tumatawa. "Wala pa nga akong ginagawa."

"Hindi, a. I can see the difference between you and your character. Galing."

I looked at Hades and he just looked smug, parang siya ang pinupuri kahit hindi naman.

Takumi asked the whole process of  filming a t.v. series. Hades was just listening to us talk as he rubbed random shapes on my shoulder.

"Ang tagal," reklamo ni Orion.

"That's Philippine T.V. for you," nakatawa kong sabi.

"You're probably trending online," sabi ni Takumi.

Doon ko lang naalala na may internet nga pala at malamang nga, trending na ang series. Nasanay na ako sa mga fans ko na palaging nagpapa-trend sa tuwing may event o series ako. At konting galaw ko rin naman talaga, takaw balita na sa mga tao.

I wanted to hear the feedback so far so I brought out my phone. My notification was on silent apart from incoming calls. May message sa group chat namin nila Mama Ton at ng PR ko na si Gio and messages din sa group chat ko with friends. I ignored all of it and went straight to Twitter.

I smiled when I saw the show's official hashtag trending. Sumunod ay pangalan ko at ni Rowan. Sunod ay ang Dream Girl. Sunod ay ang pangalan ni Asia. That's when my smile subsided.

I quickly opened the Dream Girl trend and the top tweets were articles announcing that Asia got the Dream Girl role.

Then there's a tweet that had a lot of likes coming from a random user that said, 'Buti na lang si Asia nakakuha ng role. Hindi yung self-proclaimed na greek goddess na hindi naman magaling umarte 🥴'

I leaned away from Hadeon and sat up straight. Sumeryoso na ako lalo sa pag-scroll sa tweets. Some were thrilled about Asia, some were dragging my name and rubbing in how Asia got the role and I didn't, some tweets were from my fans who were defending me, saying that Asia was at my mercy and I turned down the role because I pitied her.

"What's wrong?" Hades asked. He instantly knew something was up.

I didn't say a word and opened my inbox to check the groupchat I had with my manager and publicist. The earlier messages were them congratulating me 'cos I've been trending since the afternoon.

Gio:
Just in. Nag-announce ang producers ng Dream Girl na si Asia ang nakakuha ng lead role.

Mama Ton:
ANG KAKAPAL NG MUKHA
SINABAY PA TALAGA SA PILOT EPISODE NG ALAGA KO

Halos marinig ko ang nakakatulilig na boses ni Mama Ton dahil sa uppercase letters

Gio:
Gusto nila makasabay sa pag-trending ni Kaia

Mama Ton:
I DOUBT YAN LANG REASON. SABOTAHE YAN. GUSTO NILA LAMANGAN ALAGA KO

Gio:
Some tweets are nasty. I know you don't use your socmed, Kaia. Pero fair warning na rin, don't open Twitter or Facebook.

The show and Kaia's name are top 1 and 2. Yun ang mahalaga.

Mama Ton:
Keep it that way.
Nako. Hina-highblood ako

"Oh, damn. Ang daming hate tweets. Who's this Asia?" narinig kong sabi ni Takumi.

"Patingin," rinig kong sabi ni Orion naman.

"What's going on?" Hadeon asked beside me.

I bit my lip and opened the Twitter app again. This time, I clicked on the video with Asia's interview.

"How do you feel right now?" the press asked.

"Sobrang overwhelmed and happy. Hindi po ako makapaniwala na ako ang napili nila for the role. It's not a secret na gustong-gusto ko talaga na makuha for Dream Girl. Sabi ko pa sa manager ko, willing ako gawin kahit ano. Kung gusto nila ng taga-linis din sa set, papayag ako," Asia laughed.

"Given that you have bad blood with rejecting the role. It's an obvious attempt to take the spotlight away from you," Orion plainly stated.

"Grabe. Sabotahe nga 'yan," pagsang-ayon ni Takumi.

"Who the fuck are these people? How do we remove their comments?" tanong ni Hadeon.

"Twitter 'yan, boy. Hindi na-de-delete. Report lang pwede."

"How? Can I report them all?" tanong ulit ni Hadeon. Napaangat na ang tingin ko kay Hadeon.

"Kung matiyaga ka, pwede naman," nakatawang sabi ni Takumi.

"How do I report?" Hadeon looked pissed as he fiddled with the phone.

"Pindutin mo yung tatlong tuldok tapos report tweet," paliwanag ni Takumi.

"You do it then," sabi ni Hadeon at inabot ang phone sa kaibigan. Takumi made a face in return but took the phone from Hades anyway.

My bad mood instantly shifted away. I laughed. That made the three of them look at my way.

"Mauupod lang ang daliri niyo sa pagreport. Don't waste your time on a bunch of waste of space," nakangiti kong sabi.

"Yaan mo, Kaia. Ako ang mangta-trashtalk sa mga 'to para sayo," Takumi said.

"Sali ako. I'm gonna make a Twitter account," Orion evilly laughed as he brought out his own phone.

"Mga loko," I laughingly shook my head.

My attention got pulled away when Hades held my cheek and gently turned my face so I'd look at him.

"Are you okay, baby?" he softly asked.

I smiled and earnestly nodded. "I'm okay."

"Forget what they say, alright?" he gently crooned.

"The guts. Hindi maganda si Seph? She's tweeting bullshit looking like this?" Takumi scoffed. It made me look at him.

"Hey," Hadeon called for me again. He held my chin so our gazes would meet.

His dark brown eyes successfully enchanted me. I couldn't look away. Not when he was looking at me like that. His eyes were languid.

"Don't give them any attention. Give it to me instead. I want all of it. Can you do that, baby?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 4.4K 36
He is off-limits. He has always been off-limits to her. Too bad, she's never been good at following the rules. After her failed attempt at happiness...
1.9M 54.4K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...
7.4K 311 62
Destiny cared for them kasi pinagtagpo silang muli. Will their again encounter be progressive or just the same as before? Care of Destiny COD Episto...
188K 735 16
WARNING!! (SPG AHEAD) This is for matured content only young reader is not suitable here. #ONGOING.