Pinky Swear

author_sky_angel tarafından

"So you're saying, that if I kissed you right now, you wouldn't feel anything?" He asked, taking steps closer... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1: Broken Promise
Chapter 2: Back Home
Chapter 3: New Girl
Chapter 4: Surprise!
Chapter 5: Dinner At The Adams
Chapter 6: Best Friends
Chapter 7: No One Like You
Chapter 8: Let's Party
Chapter 9: Hung-over
Chapter 10: You Might End Up Drunk
Chapter 11: A Drunken Fight
Chapter 12: Green Eyes
Chapter 13: I Miss You
Chapter 14: Depressed Alex
Chapter 15: New Look
Chapter 16: Double Date!(or Trouble)
Chapter 17: One Kiss Is All It Takes
Chapter 19: Failed Disguise
Chapter 20: Classroom Secret
Chapter 21: Being Popular
Chapter 22: They Tweet Your Whereabouts
Chapter 23: Crazy Move
Chapter 24: Melting Sundae
Chapter 25: Confused And In Love
Chapter 26: An Unusual Breakup
Chapter 27: Jealous Sam
Chapter 28: Jenny is a Bitch
Chapter 29: Confessions
Chapter 30:A Clichè Proposal
Chapter 31: Crazy Ex
Chapter 32: The Jealousy Game
Chapter 33: Stay Away From My Boyfriend!
Chapter 34: Brownies
Chapter 35: Shattered
Chapter 36: Afar
Chapter 37: Addiction
Chapter 38: Girl Time
Chapter 39: A Picnic To Remember
Chapter 40: A Happy Ending

Chapter 18: Ditch Day

63.4K 2.2K 472
author_sky_angel tarafından

We’re going to talk about this tomorrow, Ryan had said. But the thing was, I didn’t want to talk about it. I was in love with Ryan, and he kissed me and then left me to go meet his girlfriend. And he said we were going to talk about it. I’m pretty sure of what he would say when we talk, probably he was sorry and that it was all a mistake.

I could feel my heart aching painfully in my chest at the possibility of that. If I heard say that, I would probably breakdown in tears.

Kissing Ryan had been the most amazing experience I had ever had, and at that time, I hadn’t wanted it to end.

In fact, right now, lying down on my bed, I could still taste him on my lip, and I wanted to savor it. But it was wrong, all of this was. I couldn’t feel this way for Ryan when he doesn’t even love me.

I know he kissed me, but that didn’t mean he liked me like that. He might be attracted to me a bit, but I’m sure that was all...just a little attraction. He did choose to go over to Jenny than stay with me.

I have seen how they acted together at school, and anyone who observed them would know they were in love with each other. Meaning, I was just probably a phase which he would soon get over.

I had tossed and turned all night, but still got no sleep. My head was occupied with that kiss, and imagining what Ryan would tell me at school tomorrow.

Because I wasn't sure if my heart could handle that, I decided I wouldn’t go to school today. So I remained on my bed, covered with a thick blanket, and curled in a fetal position, wishing today was Saturday and not Thursday. That way, I wouldn’t have to worry about facing him, for now.

“Samantha? Aren’t you going to get ready for school?” My mum asked as she entered my room. She was already dressed for work in her white shirt and black skirt, with heels on her feet.

“I can’t. I think I have a fever.” I lied while shivering a little to add some effect.

She sat beside me and used her hand to check my temperature.

“Your temperature seems normal. Let me go get your father, he’ll know what’s wrong.” She suggested, and I immediately froze. Since dad was a doctor, he would see past my lie and know I was alright. But before I could stop her, she was already out the doorway and calling for him.

I groaned but still kept up my act. Who knows, maybe he won’t catch my lie.

They both came in, and my dad sat beside me.

“How are you feeling, sunshine? Where does it hurt?” He questioned while inspecting my eyes and checking my temperature also.

“Um...I just feel cold, and a little bit weak. That’s all.” I answered, and hoped they would leave me alone and go to work.

“Why not follow me to the hospital. There, I could run some tests on you and see what’s wrong with you.” He suggested as he helped me sit up.

“No!” I yelled, stunning them both. “I mean...I don’t really feel that sick...just tired. Maybe if I had some soup, I might be good and new before tomorrow.” I hated hospitals, the smell of drugs, blood, and all those other stuff. Also, if dad does tests on me, he would find out I was lying.

“Are you sure? You look pretty bad,” Mum said with a worried look on her face. Of course, I looked bad. I had been up all night thinking and balling my eyes out. I probably had bags under my eyes, my nose might be red from blowing it too much, and I was sure my hair resembled a bird nest.

“Don’t worry, mum. I’m alright. You guys are probably already late for work. So why don’t you just go, and if I’m not better in the evening, then I would go to the hospital with dad tomorrow.” I said quickly, but my parents still looked unsure.

“Okay, honey. I’ll make some chicken soup for you before I go.” Mum said, then left to go prepare the soup.

“And I’ll call your school and tell them you’re sick. In the meantime, why don’t you go freshen up, I’m sure a warm bath will help.” Dad added and helped me stood up.

“Thanks, dad.”

It took a lot of time and effort to convince mum to go to work and leave me all alone. But eventually, she gave in and left me with a bowl of chicken soup.

I was then lying on my bed, sipping from a bowl of chicken soup and surrounded by silence until I heard my phone buzz. It was from Alex.

“What’s up?” I picked it.

“Where are you?” She almost yelled.

“At home, and on my bed with a bowl of chicken soup,” I replied, sipping from my soup.

“Why? Aren’t you coming to school?” She sounded surprised.

“Nope. Lied I was sick. Shouldn’t you be in class?” I asked since school should have started by now.

“The teacher’s late. Anyway, I saw Ryan pacing in front of your locker all morning, and he kept asking about you whenever he saw me. Also, Trevor was looking for you, he wasn’t smiling either. I’m guessing your date didn’t go as planned.” She narrated, and I froze when I heard Ryan was looking for me, completely ignoring the Trevor part.

Was he so eager to toss me aside? I was sure he wanted me to never speak to him or talk about what happened ever again. Of course, he did. He probably regretted everything and hated me now.

“Sam...are you there?” I was startled out of my thoughts by Alex calling me.

“He kissed me!” I blurted out all of a sudden, shocking Alex.

“Who? Trevor? I didn’t think he had it in him and...” She was saying, but I interrupted her.

“No, Ryan...Ryan kissed me and is probably looking for me to tell me hates me...”

“Woah, slow down. You know what? Fuck it, I’m ditching school and coming over.” She said and cut the call before I could say anything.

****

“...then he left to go meet her. Just like that.” I finished narrating to Alex all that happened, starting from the horrible dinner, to Ryan coming to my room, and then the kiss, while she sat across me, siping from my soup. She probably thought of me as her favorite show now, considering I’m always telling her my problems with Ryan.

“Well, did you let him explain before kicking him out?” She asked with an eyebrow cocked.

“No. I don’t want to hear the ‘I’m sorry’ part.” I answered.

“And why is that?” I wondered if I should tell her I was in love with Ryan then. “Why don’t you want to hear the ‘I’m sorry’ part, as you mentioned? Wasn’t it a mistake? You know he has a girlfriend, and you have that thing with Trevor. So wasn’t it a mistake?” She added a matter of fact.

“Nothing. Just don’t want to.” I muttered and shrugged.

“Girl, you’re so in love.” Alex sang, making my eyes widen like saucers.

“What?! No...no, I’m not,” I said quickly, but she didn’t look one bit convinced.

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep at night.” She smirked while I rolled my eyes at her.

“Okay, maybe I like him, just a tiny bit,” I admitted, but I was pretty sure it was more than a little bit. Alex's smirk widened into a grin, and I prayed to God, she doesn't tease me about it.

“Look, do you want my advice?” She asked, and I nodded. It felt good talking to her about this. And I still wasn't sure what to do. I mean, I couldn’t hide forever. She came to sit beside me before saying; “Don’t run or hide, confront the issue with him. If he doesn’t like you and picks Jenny over you, then he’s really stupid, and you deserve better.

“You’re not a coward. So tomorrow, you’re going to dress real sexy and enter that school with your head held high. And if that Jenny bitch tries anything stupid, you give her the finger.” She advised while I chuckled.

“Thanks, Alex. You really are the best.” I smiled at her, feeling really courageous now.

“I know.” She giggled and flipped her hair dramatically, making me laugh.

“Well, you seem to have miraculously recover from your fever.” I heard a familiar voice said, and looked to the doorway where my mum was standing with one hand on hip, and a scowl in her face.

How was she here? I hadn’t even heard her car drive in or her footsteps.
Oh, shoot! I should’ve known she wouldn’t leave me alone when I was sick, but come back.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kendall and bye, Mrs. Kendall,” Alex said and bolted past mum, out of the room. Traitor!

“You’re in a lot of trouble, young missy,” Mum said sternly. Oh boy!

***********************

Hey ya! Hope you loved the chapter. Don't forget to like, comment and follow me. You can read way ahead on Inkitt like I earlier stated at the beginning of this chapter. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.

Sky💖

Xoxoxo.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5M 131K 52
"Do I seem like an idiot to you princess?" he sassed taking another agonizingly slow step towards me. "N-no." I stuttered out a blabbering mess, unab...
1.2K 27 7
"How could you! I trusted you! You promised you would stop this!" "Well that was your own fucking mistake wasn't it? I told you from the start that t...
148K 3.1K 38
He leans his head back and although she can't see him she can feel his breath on her neck. "I need you to promise me something," he whispers. "Anythi...
12.3K 583 37
After Audrey's work-focused parents sent her off to a socializing camp, Castra Kappa Pi, let's say there's a lot of surprises along the way. One late...