Bubbling over (Editing)

Bởi bangtan_crackhouse

Kim Taehyung is a young man who desperately wants to save his laundromat. Y/N is a lawyer with a dark past... Xem Thêm

Note
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60 (Finale)
Ending Note

1

312 12 11
Bởi bangtan_crackhouse

(Y/N's office is the glass one that is separated from the rest in the back)

^^^Blueprint of the Y/N's Law Firm

" I WROTE IT IN THE EMAIL I SENT YOU THE OTHER DAY, THEY POISONED MY DOG!" The woman said. I stare up at my newest client in annoyance. Her lips are painted neon pink with smokey eyes. Completing her look is her white strappy bodycon dress, ripping at the seams, and matching stilettos. Her pooch, resting on her side and on her face, a look of horror.

This is the fifth time she has been here this week, it's only Wednesday.

"Look Miss, I can't file a lawsuit against LOTTE because it isn't their fault," I respond with a fake smile.

"HOW IS IT MY FAULT?!"

"You left the chocolate bar on your nightstand. You're at fault for what happened to your dog. Now if you could please just-"

"NO, I WON'T STAND FOR THIS, I NEED THEM TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID TO MY LITTLE BABY! Isn't that right baby?" She picks up her pomeranian that is decorated with tiny pink bows in her hair and kisses it. I roll my eyes and look through my glass office to where my investigator and drafter Jin is sitting. He is busy looking over files for potential cases.

I look back at my client and try as hard as possible to try to keep my composure.

"Miss, I'm sorry but this claim is invalid and we can't accept your case." I say as I reach for the big red stamp on my desk that says "denied" and hand her back her forms. Her jaw drops to the floor and she scoffs as I lift my head back up.

"HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME LIKE THI-"

"I'm sorry miss, but I'm going to have to ask you to leave," Jin says as he suddenly appears with a kind smile on his face.

Thankfully, he intervened just in time. Jin nods towards me as he guides her out of the office with reassuring words. Sighing in relief, I get up from my chair and stretch.

A lawyer's job can be exhausting, especially when you have incompetent clients that like to be a pain in the ass. However, it is my life's work and overall, I enjoy it. Watching Criminal Minds with my parents was one of the many pleasant things of my childhood. Since then, I've been drawn to law. However, I never thought I would be presented with petty cases such as 'food poisoning' for a spoiled, pampered puppy. My employees are the only thing that gets me through times such as these.

After skipping two grades and graduating from Korea University, I attended Seoul National University Law School and passed the Bar exam. I got a job working at a branch for the Kim & Chang law firm, the best in Korea. I was undefeated in the courtroom but due to unforeseen circumstances, I was forced to resign. Just when I thought I had no hope, I was able to reconnect with some trusting associates from different firms and start my own small firm with them as my employees.

"Delivery for Min Yoongi!" I look up at the door to see the orange-haired delivery boy, Hoseok.

He smiles brightly while holding up his metal delivery carrier, for his weekly delivery. Hoseok and I have been friends since college and he later became friends with my colleagues. He is also my best friend's boyfriend. 

I am about to call him over when I see a slightly shorter, pale, light blue-haired man rush past me to get to the door.

"I got it," Yoongi says, opening the door for Hoseok and grabbing the food. Yoongi is the data analyst for my firm. He's a wonder with numbers but is plagued by his 'minor' anger issues. He was fired from his last job when he swore at his boss for saying his data was incorrect. It's still a touchy subject.

"FOOD!" Jin yells excitedly and gets up from his seat. He walks with Yoongi and Hoseok to the elevator and holds the door for the rest of the team. We arrive at the lounge room on the third floor and sit down. Jimin, my blonde and exceedingly nosey secretary, is reaching in the bag to take out his Sweet and Sour Pork. He suits his job well, with his warm appearance. He always has the schedules perfectly aligned and his reports are always crisp and clean.

"Guess who was caught having an affair with the owner of Nongshim," he says and smirks evilly. Yoongi rolls his eyes while Jin leans in to get the juicy details.

He then passes a bowl of Jajangmyeon, a true delicacy, to our intern Lim Eunjung. She is a natural beauty with long blonde hair and round features. She does all the odd jobs; bookkeeping, a recording clerk, cleaning, and sometimes bringing coffee. 

"How long do you have Hobi?" I ask as I take out my food. Hoseok took out his phone to check the time.

"30" He replies. "What's up?" I sit back in my chair and cross my legs.

Mixing my noodles as I sigh and clear my throat.

"Well, it started with this ignorant bitch-"

__________________________

After our nice destressing conversation, everyone went back to work. At six, it was time for my employees to clock out. Two hours more, and I am finally free as well. I want to yell for joy when I see the analog clock hands finally strike 8. I love my job, but I've had enough for one day. I lock the doors and step outside in the slightly warm, September weather. I go into my car and drive to my two-story apartment.

I open the door and look around the apartment. Jesus, someone needs to clean this. Empty food containers everywhere, papers sprawled out on the floor, and a huge clump of clothes on the couch. I walk to my room to drop off my stuff and search for my roommate, Lee Seolhee. I find her in her room, asleep with an assortment of paint and brushes scattered on her purple bed sheets. She is an artist and a very talented one I must say. If only more people would buy her paintings. She has sold a couple here and there, but she hasn't had a big break in her career. For now, she works at an art gallery sorting paintings and dealing with her high-maintenance boss.

I smile and walk out of the room. I can see it's been a rough day for both of us.

Guess I'm deciding on dinner for tonight.

 I look into the fridge. Empty. I pick up my phone and call our local chicken place. I order two servings of spicy fried chicken and soy garlic with white radish on the side. I'm about to wake up Seolhee when I feel something hit my head. I look down and see a pillow. I then turn around to see my best friend clutching another in her hands. Her brown long bob with bangs shifts as she tilts her head. Her pretty and soft features stare back at me.

"Ya Lee Seolhee what the fuck are you doing?? I swear to God, on my left foot if you throw another pillow I will-" she threw it.

"You know what, no chicken for you," I say as I deadpan. She frowns at me and starts to pout. She walks up to me.

"NOOOO, please tell me you got the good stuff?" she asks. I stare at her.

"I don't know, does soy garlic sound good enough?" I ask, putting down my phone. I pick the pillow up off the floor and throw it back at her. The only problem I have living with her is her childish games and antics. I sometimes forget she is two years older than me.

"That's perfect, I've actually been craving chicken all day. What about drinks? Are you feeling wine or water?" She walks to the fridge, opens it, and looks back at me. "Oooh sweetie, you look like you need some wine. Rough day, huh?" She closes the fridge and grabs a bottle of wine from the wine rack beside it.

After plopping herself in a seat, she opens the bottle. I get two glasses and sit across from her.

"So, what happened this time?" she asks while I pour the glasses of wine. I pass her a glass and she takes a sip. I then fill her in on the LOTTE case.

"Oh wow," Seolhee looks up from her glass in awe.

"Once the chocolate leaves the factory, by law, it's not their problem for what happens to it, nor the issues that arise when an animal consumes it." I sigh and take a big gulp of wine.

"If It weren't for Jin being there, I might've become slightly unprofessional." I look at my glass and it is empty.

"You know, I would love to see a slightly unprofessional you again." she laughs, "Remember college?" she sighs. "The look on our RA's face when you yelled at her for trying to take our boose." She cackles. It was the year we met, how could I forget? I smile and look at her. The doorbell rings.

"I'll get it," I stand and go to my purse to get the money. I open the door, grab the chicken, and go back to the table. After dinner, I head to my room for some well-deserved rest.

__________________________

I open my eyes to the sound of birds chirping and sunlight seeping through the curtains. 

Wait, why is it so bright?

I get out of bed and glance at my phone on my side table. 

It's dead...damn.

 I quickly get up and run into the kitchen. I groggily look at the clock. 

I know it doesn't say 8:46.

 I rub my eyes.

I'm late, I'm never late.

I run into the bathroom, shower, put on my pants suit, and run out into the kitchen.

"SEOLHEE, WHERE ARE YOU!?" I shout. Her head pops out from around the corner.

"Oh hey, what's up?" She asks, sitting on the living room couch calmly.

"DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT TIME IT IS? WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME WHEN YOU SAW I WASN'T MAKING BREAKFAST?" I yell and look at her. She looks at the time.

"Oh, I thought you just left early. Then again your door would've been open if that was the case, huh. I'm sorry." She peers at me fearfully.

"WOW THANKS, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. YOU KNOW SOMETIMES I WONDER WHEN YOU ACTUALLY USE YOUR BRAIN!" I glare at her. I might be harsh, but as the founder of a law firm, wasting time is not an option I can afford.

"Look y/n, I'm really really sorry," she says with a sad look in her eyes. My eyes soften.

"I didn't mean to say it like that, I'm under a lot of stress at the moment."

I glanced at the clock in the kitchen.

"SHIT!" I scream and rush out the door.

Hopping in my car, I proceed to step on the gas. My stomach starts rumbling as I stop at a red light. I guess I have to pick up my breakfast on the way. I make a quick stop at a convenience store, quickly grab some packaged grapes, and rush back out. I open my door to place the grapes in the passenger seat, but in its place is a tan folder filled with documents I need for a recent case.

That shit has to go in the back, my food takes priority.

I place the folder on the roof of my car and gently place the grapes in the seat. I shut the door and scurry to the driver's seat. I drive off and eat a few every couple of seconds until I reach the office. I'm quickly making my way through the glass doors when Jimin's voice catches my ears.

"Hmmm, I see we had quite an exciting night Ms.Y/L/N!" he sings with a high pitch. He raises his eyebrows suggestively with a smirk.

"You know very well me being late has nothing to do with what you are implying Mr.Park," I narrow my eyes at him. "I'd advise you to pay more attention to your job than my personal affairs when you are on the clock. Understand?" I say as I plaster a fake smile on my face.

"Yes, Miss" he laughs and continues typing at his desk in the lobby.

As I walk into the office I greet everyone and sit at my desk. I look for my tan folder and remember it was in my car. Frantically searching for my files, I end up turning my car inside out. Still, I could not find them. I return to the office and sit down in a panic.

Where could they be? 

My head is in my hands, trying to remember where I placed the documents.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps getting closer to my desk.

"Excuse me, is there a Y/N here?" A deep, masculine voice says.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

218K 5.7K 61
●COMPLETED● At the age of 12 you fell in love with a girl named y/n that you suddenly bumped into in school and you both got close to each other. Sud...
48.4K 1.8K 52
This is a BTS prince AU. Jimin is the beloved prince of Sera. Since he is the oldest, his parents have chosen him to be the heir to the throne. Of c...
193 35 24
Who will Y/N end up with? Yoongi a bit of a cold hearted man who has hidden sides that can make her blood boil, Jimin a flirty man but truly sweet on...
1.1K 132 13
in which a boy attempts to fix a broken relationship that is pulling him down with it ≖ a min yoongi short story