Heaven On Fire

Od caitygotwords

BOOK ONE OF THE "BROKEN" SERIES "He looked like Heaven. She felt like Fire." Blaise Nightshade. A small, feis... Více

I N T R O D U C T I O N
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
Not an update...
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y
Thanks!
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R T H I R T Y
A U T H O R ' S N O T E
B O O K T W O

C H A P T E R S I X

610 17 0
Od caitygotwords

MC up top 🧚🏾‍♀️

Ferris Wheel~ Sylvan Esso

~K I N D L E ,  M Y R A ,  A N D  T H E  C O L O R  P I N K~
"I've... changed a bit over the years."

THE NEXT morning, Saint walks into his English class, expecting everything to be normal. But, alas, things— as you may have already guessed— aren't normal. In the seat next to his, there is a girl with half purple half pink hair that's in pigtails and a very loud outfit on. She's wearing a tight, white, long-sleeved, cotton shirt with green, fluffy feathers around the wrists, a mint green sweater-vest, a mint green and white plaid bodycon skirt with a black belt holding it up and a chain hanging from on of the belt loops, white, knee-high socks, green Doc Martins, and a white collar that looks quite tight but she doesn't seem to mind.

As Saint walks closer, he sees that the girl has chocolate brown eyes, long, black eyelashes, slightly chubby cheeks, pouty lips, is Asian, and that she's eating some type of stick-like snack from a box. He sits down in his seat and fixes his glasses, taking out his homework so that he can be prepared when the teachers asks for him to turn it in.

"Hello!" The small girl says when he sits down. She's short enough for her feet to just barely touch the floor, just like Blaise.

Saint glances over at her to see that she's holding her hand out for him to shake. He looks around before pointing to his chest, as if to say "me?"

The girl giggles. "Yes you, silly." She scoots her chair closer to him so that he doesn't have to reach far to shake her hand. "I'm new here! My name is Myraliz-Cedar, but everyone just calls me MC," she introduces herself cheerfully, catching the attention of a few other people that have entered the class. The girls that have had their eye on Saint glare at MC, but she doesn't seem to notice... or care.

Saint smiles shyly and shakes her small hand. "Nice to meet you MC, I'm Saint."

MC gasps. "OMG, you have an accent?! That's so cool! I wish I had a cool accent like you do! Mine is just boring," she pouts at that, putting another stick-like snack into her mouth.

Saint looks at the snack oddly. He's seen people back at his old school eat them, but he doesn't know what they are. He's never tried one, seeing as he wasn't a very big snacker.

MC holds out the box for him. "You want one?"

Saint tilts his head. "What are they?"

She gasps dramatically, causing Saint to raise an eyebrow.

"You don't know what Pocky's are?!" She exclaims.

Saint shakes his head.

MC scoots even closer to him and holds up the box to his face, just under his nose. "Now you need to take one."

"I do?" Saint questions.

MC nods her head frantically. "Yes sir! It's a matter of life or death!"

"For whom?"

"Our friendship," MC says as she shoves the box into his hands. "If you want to be my friend, you must appreciate the gift of Pocky, green tea flavored of course."

Saint looks her up and down. "Right. It would only be natural."

She smiles brightly, causing Saint to smile back. He picks up a Pocky stick and places the green snack into his mouth, nodding his head in approval after a few seconds.

"This is pretty good."

MC claps her hands excitedly. "Now we can be besties!" She cheers. "I can already tell that you're a cool guy."

Saint blushes slightly. "How can you tell?"

She points to his blue Converse with the fire design on them. "No boring person would get such cool shoes!" She also points to the many rings on his fingers. "Or have such awesome taste in jewelry." She reaches out and plays with a strand of his curly hair. "Or have the most amazing hair I've ever seen!" She bites her bottom lip. "It's so soft."

Saint plays with his earring. "Thanks," he mumbles, embarrassed.

Before MC could answer, the teacher walks in. He smiles when he notices MC talking with Saint. He walks over to the two and smiles at MC, holding out his hand for her to shake.

"Hello, Ms. Tanaka, I'm Mr. Jordan."

MC smiles brightly and shakes his hand enthusiastically. "Hello Mr. Jordan!"

His eyes glance between the two teenagers. "I see that you've met Mr. Donovan. He's new to this school just like you."

MC turns to look at Saint with a look of surprise. "You didn't tell me you were new."

Mr. Jordan smiles at the two. "I'll leave you two to get acquainted."

MC flicks her hand. "We're already past acquaintances, Mr. Jordan. Saint's my new bestie!" She claps her hands happily as she bounces in her seat.

The teacher nods his head. "Of course, Ms. Tanaka. Have a fun time being besties." With that, he walks over to his desk.

MC takes a bite out of her snack again. "So Saint, where are you from?" She hands him another Pocky.

Saint takes a small bite out of it. "I'm from Australia."

MC gasps. "That's so cool! That means that you've, like, seen a kangaroo before, right?"

Saint smiles. "At the zoo, sure."

MC tilts her head to the side. "You have a pretty smile," she says just before the bell rings, signaling the start of class.

The teens look to the front of the class when Mr. Jordan starts talking.

"Okay everyone, first we're going to peer review each other's homework. So just choose a partner and get started."

Immediately, Bellatrix gets up from her seat and walks over to Saint, holding her binder close to her chest. She has developed a little crush on the tall, curly-headed boy. He is in many of her classes and is always nice to her. She especially likes his cute smile, the one he gives her whenever he sees her in the halls or sits in the seat next to him. She takes a deep breath and taps him on the shoulder.

"H-hi Saint," Bellatrix greets shyly.

Saint smiles, the cute one that makes butterflies erupt in Bellatrix's stomach. "Hi Trixy. What's up?"

Trixy pushes a curly strand of hair behind her ear. "I was wondering if the both of us could be partners," she mumbles.

Saint leans closer. "What'd you say?"

Trixy opens her mouth to repeat herself, but MC speaks up before she can.

She waves enthusiastically. "Hello there!" She holds her hand out. "My name's Myraliz-Cedar, but everyone calls me MC. What's your name?"

Trixy doesn't really want to talk to this enthusiastic girl, but seeing how nice she is, she can't stop the smile that pops onto her face. She shakes her hand before twirling her hair around her finger.

"I'm Bellatrix, but you can call me Trixy," she says.

MC grins. "I like your name!" She holds out her box of Pocky's. "Do you want one?"

Trixy shakes her head. "No thanks. I don't really like those."

MC pouts and stuffs a Pocky into her mouth. She looks down at her shiny green Doc Martins and grumbles under her breath. Saint looks at MC and frowns. He turns to Trixy and gives he an apologetic smile.

"Sorry Trixy, but I'm partnered with MC," he apologizes.

MC looks at him with wide eyes while Trixy pouts.

Saint takes in her dejected expression. He's always been a people pleaser, so seeing her so sad makes him feel bad. "But I'll be partners with you next class, I promise!" He blurts out before he can think twice. To further prove his point, he holds out his pinky.

Bellatrix smiles softly. She wraps her small pinky around his— everyone's pinky looks small to his, considering how large his hands are—, a blush forming on her toffee-colored cheeks.

"O-okay," she says before scurrying over to find a new partner to work with.

MC crosses her legs in her seat. "You didn't have to do that, y'know. That girl really likes you."

Saint furrows his eyebrows. "She doesn't like me. She's just really nice 'cause I'm new."

MC gives him a knowing look. "Whatever you say," she sings before chomping down on a Pocky.

~••~

"SAINT! WAIT up!" MC calls after the tall boy as he walks out of class.

Saint turns around to find the short, Japanese girl stumbling after him, her green backpack just barely on her back. She has a pair of lime green Beats around her neck and her phone clutched in her hand. Saint stops in the hallway to give the girl some time to catch up. Once she gets to him, Saint starts to walk over to the library since he's got free period.

"How long have you been at this school?" She wonders.

"About a week, why?" Saint inquires.

MC's eyes light up. "Do you know a girl named Kindle Nightshade?" She asks.

Saint furrows his eyebrows. Nightshade? Isn't that Blaise's last name? "What does she look like?"

MC thinks for a moment. "She's got green eyes, long, black hair, is about as tall as me, and she wears pink all the time."

Saint shakes his head. "I don't think I know her." The description sounds familiar, but Blaise doesn't wear pink. Also, her name isn't Kindle.

MC shrugs. "I guess I'll ask someone else." She pulls on her headphones and presses play on her phone. Saint watches as she starts to walk to the beat. In a few seconds, she's already jumping around the hallway and singing the lyrics.

"When I'm slamming in my dancing shoes
Asphalt's hot and my knees all bruised.
It's the summer, got a lot to prove.
Can't wait to do it can you? (No!)" she sings giddily, grabbing Saint's hand and prompting him to twirl her around.

As this is happening, Blaise walks out of her Calculus class. She's looking around for her curly-headed Australian when she sees a small girl walking next to him. She's dancing next to him and is wearing a very loud outfit. Blaise furrows her eyebrows.

I used to dress like that. She thinks to herself. The girl has a familiar look about her, and the way that she's bouncing around definitely reminds Blaise of someone she used to know. Blaise forgets all about that though when Saint twirls the girl around. Blaise storms up the he two and places her hand on Saint's right bicep, causing him to look away from the girl and over to Blaise.

"Hey babe," Blaise greets, emphasizing the nickname.

Saint smiles at the sight of his new friend. "Hey Blaise. What's up?"

MC pauses her music and looks across Saint's strong frame to see someone she hasn't seen since the seventh grade.

"Kindle?" MC exclaims.

Blaise turns over to see her old friend. "Myra? What on Earth are you doing here."

MC squeals happily and jumps onto Blaise, hugging her as tight as she can. Blaise chuckles at her friend's antics and hugs her back. MC pulls away after a second and starts bouncing around, her excitement reminding Blaise of how she used to be.

"I finally got daddy to convince mama to move here when I learned that you lived over here!" MC explains.

Blaise tilts her head to the side. "Why would you do that?"

MC rolls her eyes. "The fact that you have to ask that is absolutely appalling! It's because I'm your best friend, silly! Azzy was just as excited to see you." MC looks her up and down, finally taking in her appearance. "But this doesn't look a lot like you, Kin. You look so different."

Blaise blushes. "I've... changed a bit over the years."

MC frowns. "Is it because of your da--"

Blaise covers her friend's mouth, aware that Saint is standing right there and listening to their conversation, trying to figure out what was going on. MC moves Blaise's hand and gives her a look.

"What was that for?" She questions. "You wiped off some of my lipgloss."

Saint raises a hand. "I don't mean to intrude on this very touching reunion, but I have a question to ask."

Blaise sighs. "Y-yes?"

"Who's Kindle and since when do you wear pink?"

MC turns to look at Blaise, the same look of confusion on her face as well. "Wait, you go by your first name at this school? Why would you do that? I thought that you liked your middle name better, since it made you feel closer to your mom."

Blaise bites her bottom lip. "I told you, I've changed. I wanted a fresh start, meaning that people would call me by a new name. It's not that big a deal."

MC gives her friend a look. Blaise doesn't meet her eyes and instead moves over to Saint. She interwines their fingers and leans closer to him, finding comfort in his touch. Saint smiles down at the small girl before continuing to look forward and walk towards the library. He has a feeling that Blaise is going to skip class today. MC gives the couple a knowing look.

There Kin goes with her big heart again. She's known him for a week and she already has a crush on him. MC watches Blaise play with the rings on Saint's fingers. She probably doesn't even know she likes him, too.

"Well, I've got to go to my next class!" MC waves to the two and winks at Blaise, who blushes. "See ya at lunch!"

Thank you for 100 reads!

MC's hair color

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

22.6K 551 39
As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save her and that she must save herself. Now; d...
456K 13.1K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...
926K 26.8K 38
DIABOLIC SERIES 1 Simply put, this story is about a boy who calls himself the Devil and a girl who has gone through hell. Being 'happy' doesn't come...
1.1K 28 12
If the new girl in school stood out like bright light in a dark place who wouldn't notice her? Oh a lot of people did specially Sebastian Wiles the b...