Just Smile: A Naruto Fanficti...

By jarodlikestowrite

"Just smile, Naruto!" When he was six years old, Naruto Namikaze's life changed forever when the Nine-Tailed... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Friend
Chapter 3: Prospect
Chapter 4: Failure
Chapter 5: Start
Chapter 6: Slash
Chapter 7: Warm Up
Chapter 8: Genetics
Chapter 9: Uchiha
Chapter 10: Crack
Chapter 11: Shatter
Chapter 12: Promotion
Chapter 13: A Year Later
Chapter 14: Whirlpools
Chapter 15: Scream
Chapter 16: Cult
Chapter 17: Future
Chapter 18: Plot
Chapter 19: Death
Chapter 20: Bright
Chapter 21: Sparring
Chapter 22: C-Rank
Chapter 23: Belief
Chapter 24: Glimpse
Chapter 25: Blend
Chapter 26: Fortune
Chapter 27: Rescue Part 1
Chapter 28: Rescue #2/Hatred
Chapter 29: Exams
Chapter 30: Of the Sand
Chapter 31: Hint of War
Chapter 32: Underneath
Chapter 33: Burning Love
Chapter 34: Demon
Chapter 35: Funeral
Chapter 37: Shadows
Chapter 38: Questions
Chapter 39: Descent
Chapter 40: Dark
Chapter 41: Memories of Help
Chapter 42: A Promise
Chapter 43: Abyss
Chapter 44: Revival
Chapter 45: The Akatsuki
Chapter 46: Kumo
Chapter 47: Kage Summit
Chapter 48: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 49: Battlefield
Chapter 50: Checked
Chapter 51: Burning Steel
Chapter 52: Legendary Battle
Chapter 53: Duel of Fates
Chapter 54: The Second Sage of Six Paths
Chapter 55: Brothers
Chapter 56: Resolve
Chapter 57: God
Epilogue

Chapter 36: Farewells

5.7K 180 80
By jarodlikestowrite

"Why are you leaving?!" Anko shouted as Naruto was putting several items into a sealing scroll that was laid across his bed. 

"I have orders to train Sasuke and make sure he doesn't stray from the path we wish him to walk. He's a flight risk, a big flight risk." He said, telling only half the truth. 

"Bull shit!" Anko shouted as she tried grabbing the blonde, only to stop as he vanished to the other side of the room. "Get over here!" 

"I'll be back in three years, Anko-chan. I'm sorry, but this is how it has to be. This will benefit everyone in the future." 

"Stop lying to me!" She shouted, throwing a kunai at him only for the Namikaze to snatch it out of the air and put it into his scroll. 

"I'm not lying. Sasuke and I need to leave the village for a bit in order to breathe and focus on ourselves, the Council deemed that three years would be enough time." 

"Why are you leaving without me then? Am I not required? Am I not enough for you?!" Naruto's eyes softened at the obvious hurt that was laced in Anko's voice. 

"Of course you are, Anko-chan, I love you with every fiber of my soul. It's just that I have to do this, in order to get myself under control as well as Sasuke. Distance makes the heart grow fonder." 

"What do you mean get yourself under control?" She whispered. "What does that mean?" Naruto sighed as he set down the clothes that were in his hand and cupped Anko's cheeks in his hands before kissing her forehead. 

"I'm not well, Anko-chan. Something is wrong with me, something really wrong and I need to go away in order to cure myself of the problem. When I come back, I'll be better than ever and I'll still love you, that much will not change." 

"Please don't leave me," She whispered as tears gathered in her eyes. "I can't live without you." Naruto pulled her into a hug, a sad smile on his face. 

"Nor I without you. It'll be okay, you still have Sakura to accompany you, she's like my daughter ya know? I wonder if that makes you her mom." He said thoughtfully as a grin spread across his face. Anko was also smiling, her face buried in his shoulder, getting his shirt wet. 

"Idiot," She whispered. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sakura, Sai, I'm going to miss you both. I know you're probably worried who is going to train you, but don't worry. Kakashi and Anko will be taking over your training until both of you can put them into the ground without much effort, okay?" Naruto said quickly, standing at the village gates with Sasuke next to him. 

"I'll miss you, sensei," Sai spoke with a tad bit of emotion in his voice, a content smile on his face contrast to the usual blank one he wore before. "I hope your journey will give you what you're looking for." Naruto grinned as his palest student. 

"Of course, and when I get back, all of us are going to spar and I want you guys to beat the absolute shit out me!" Sakura palmed her fist, a giant grin on her face. 

"Believe it dad! We'll kick your ass!" Naruto paused at the word she had used. Realizing what she said, Sakura blushed in embarrassment. "S-Sorry, it just slipped out, I'm sor-" She was cut off when she was engulfed in a hug.

"No need to apologize, it's fine." Naruto whispered in her ear. "I'm fine with being your father if you'll have me." Tears gathered in Sakura's eyes, tears of pure happiness as she nodded frantically.

"Of course," Sai saw the happiness it brought the two and spoke up.

"Can I call you father as well?" Naruto's grin only increased in size as he ruffled Sai's hair. 

"Of course ya can, all of you are basically my kids anyway." They were just like him.

Orphans, born of hatred and suffering. Sakura had two abusive parents that Naruto had ended quickly, Sai never knew his parents, having been kidnapped by Danzo when he was just a toddler, and Sasuke lost his entire family, a duo slaughter provided by the masked man and Itachi Uchiha. 

They were alike in many ways so it was only right to claim them as his own. 

Waving goodbye, Naruto and Sasuke departed from the village, heading to their three year training trip. 

What they would see, do, or feel was unknown to everyone, but they had one goal. 

In Sasuke's view, the point of this trip was to get stronger so he could kill the man who helped destroy his clan and avenge his family.

In Naruto's view, the point of the trip was to get stronger physically and mentally so he could become Hokage like his father had before him. 

Three years away. . . 

Three years to go. . .

Sai and Sakura stood at the gates as they watched their sensei and father-figure leave with their teammate. "Does this make us siblings?" Sai asked Sakura carefully, not wanting to set off her hot temper. Sakura grinned ear to ear. 

"Fuck yes," She said vulgarly. "Still not gonna make me go easy on you during training!" Sai felt a bead of sweat trail down the side of his cheek. 

"Aren't I stronger than you?" He was an ex-Anbu before, a high ranking one at that with his only superiors being Fu, Torune, and of course, Danzo. Sakura felt a tick mark come onto her forehead as she suddenly glared at Sai, who blinked before slowly backing away from the pinkette. 

"I sense I've made a mistake, perhaps as siblings we can talk it out?" Sakura grinned evilly. 

"Siblings don't talk, they fight!" She then charged the pale teen only to stop as Kakashi suddenly appeared between the two. 

"Yo," He greeted unceremoniously. "It seems you both are out of a sensei, so for now I'll be taking over both of your training with the help of Naruto's girlfriend, Anko." As if to introduce herself, the second exam proctor flashed in front of Sakura and placed her elbow on the girl's head. 

"Naru gave me permission to torture you all to build your pain tolerance, doesn't it sound fun?" Sakura turned to the same skin color as Sai in fear. 

'Damn you, dad!' Sai and Sakura thought at the same time. 

It was going to be an eventful three years, that was for sure. 

Location: Unknown

"Hm. This was unexpected," Obito said as he folded his arms over his chest, his mask off as he looked at a document that was laying on a table in front of him. "They pretty much banished my little brother due to their own actions affecting his mind. How pathetic," He said the last two words bitterly.

"Obito-sama, it seems we must wait another three years to begin extracting the tailed beast, Nagato said they lacked funding as well as intel." Obito placed his mask on his face. 

"This is lining up rather conveniently. Let me go speak to Nagato, and we shall see what he has in store for the Akatsuki." Using Kamui, Obito transported himself to the Hidden Rain and appeared in a large vortex at the top of the largest tower, where Nagato's Deva Path stood as rain poured down atop of the dead man's body. 

"Is everything fairing well, Nagato?" He asked in his deep voice when portraying as Madara. 

"Not exactly," Was Nagato's reply before continuing. "It seems that our intelligence needs to be worked on. The Three-Tails is still in the Fourth Mizukage's possession, but we cannot even attempt to capture it. Also, the One-Tails has somehow tightened his seal, meaning we will need your help in extracting the beast." 

"That is acceptable. I will join Kisame's team since his last teammate died. I will be acting as a fool though in order to protect my identity." A lie but a small one. Kisame already knew he was Madara Uchiha, or so he thought. Kisame was loyal to him and not Nagato. 

"The Nine-Tails is another issue." Nagato spoke. Obito narrowed his eyes at the man. 

"What of him?" 

"He is becoming an anomaly. He is already the strongest shinobi of the Five Great Shinobi Nations, and he will only get increasingly stronger." Obito felt his mouth twist into a scowl. 

"Only I will be able to challenge him. But you needn't worry about him, I have plans for him specifically." Nagato used the Deva Path to raise an eyebrow.

"Care to elaborate?" 

"All in due time. Just know that the Rinne-Rebirth will be needed to enact what we hope to accomplish, and if your body can handle it, perhaps we will use it twice, but once is assured." The Deva Path didn't speak, he only nodded, accepting the plan.

"Very well. We shall move our pieces accordingly." 

"Good." 

With that, Obito vanished in a Kamui, leaving Nagato alone in Rain. 

Things were going according to plan, and with the help of Naruto, Obito would bring the shinobi nations to their knees and bring Rin back and live in a perfect world. 

He would be happy once more. 

End of Part One

And done. Probably some typos but whatever. 

How was it? Good? Bad? Tell me! 

Anyway, yeah. Sorry for the late update. 

Til next time my lil demons!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 580 11
Naruto, the jinchuriki of the nine tails, is beaten, berated, used, and scarred. He has had a rough life, but he will never give up. He will rise aga...
27.1K 565 11
Naruto's eyes turned grey. One with true horror and terror and the other one with sadness and loneliness. Will someone help this child and recolor hi...
380K 9.1K 27
As a child, Naruto was the scapegoat of everyone's problems, the Kyuubi attack, the Uchiha Clan Massacre, and many other things. Not anymore. After...
4.4K 89 16
♥♥♥ COMPLETED ♥♥♥ Naruto. Who would've thought that he had a sister. Her name is Mayoumi Uzumaki. A masked man took her into the woods to die on the...