The Alphas Human Mate

By HunnyBunnyLunnyFunny

"Your mine" He growled, slamming his fists into the tree that was currently behind me I swallowed hard and lo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Groups
19
20
21
22
23
:)
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Hate
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
The Alphas Human Mate

43

59.3K 1.2K 168
By HunnyBunnyLunnyFunny

EMILY'S P.O.V

I stared at Four from my position on the bed, my vision still adjusting to the bright light streaming in through the window as Four rushed to silence the loud ringing that just erupted from his phone while he was in the shower I'm guessing by his wet hair and towel covered body and while I was still sleeping.

I watch as he lifts the phone to his ear silencing it as his gaze lands on me as if to check if it woke me up sending me a small smile when he released I was awake, however it was soon replaced by his eyes brows furrowing to create worry lines in the middle of his head as he brought his hand up to his wet hair running his hand through it at whatever the person was saying to him on the phone.

A few minutes later when I emerged from the bathroom Four was no longer on the phone but the tense look hadn't dropped from his face as he shook his wet with the towel that was once around his waist now replaced by a pair of shorts.

"Luna Theresa is here with her pack" His voice was filled with coldness as he told me, taking a wild guess this is what he was told on the phone which has put him in such a cold mood.

I can't lie that the words didn't hurt a little bit, learning her name made it feel more real, like before I half expected it not to really happen, I mean things change here all the time but now that she was actually here I knew that it was going to happen. I shook my head, I shouldn't be getting this annoyed already, this was my fault. I gave him a small smile in response though I'm sure it didn't look the most convincing as I didn't know what to say to him, I didn't want to let him know I was upset, he was doing this for me.

"Don't tell me your wearing a t shirt and shorts to your own wedding Four" I looked at him up and down after a few minutes of silence which he responded by rolling his eyes and throwing me a dirty look.

"I'll be back in a hour or so love if you want I'll get someone to bring you up breakfast since your incapable of putting milk and cereal in a bowl" He mumbled approaching me from behind as he planted a kiss in my hair as I elbowed him for his comment, if it wasn't for what I knew he was leaving for I'd say we were actually getting on.

I didn't say anything as I watched him leave the room and I felt the smile that was on my face soon fade off as I was only getting a small feeing of what this was going to be like. For months I wished that I wasn't here and that Four would leave me alone, I wanted nothing more than to just go home but now that I knew he was going to be with someone else I couldn't help the crap feeling that wouldn't shift from me. I was angry at myself more than anything, why was it so hard for me just to say a few words and get this over with?

I breathed out as I tried stopping the thoughts in my head, I didn't want to talk myself out of it so I reminded myself of the relief I felt when Four first told me that we didn't have to get married. I pushed myself towards the door as I entered the kitchen, I wanted to go outside so I wouldn't be thinking about it every minute but for the last few days it's been so weird to be around people that wasn't Preston, he's the only one that still acted the same around me. I think people didn't know how to address me anymore, which was fine with me because I hated telling people to call me Emily and still be called something else.

I was about to grab a glass out of the cupboard when I caught out of the corner of my eye a large group gathered outside the window. I furrowed my eyebrows as I made my way over to the window to see a large group of people gathered around what I knew was Four standing with his arms at his side talking to a woman. I wanted to turn around and stop looking as I felt a little bit of anger creep in as smiles were plastered over everyone's face down their asides from Four's usual blank look as the woman who looked a lot older than me left Fours side and began walking in the opposite direction. That must be her. She was a lot taller than me, her long black hair a contrast to my dirty blonde basically brown hair at this rate and from what I could make out she looked powerful and strong, no wonder why they were all happy. I watched Four as he turned around and began following the girl to where I don't know.

I shook my head, I have no room to be annoyed. I asked for this. Despite this all I felt like doing was crying but I pushed that thought out of my head as I turned around and suddenly not feeling thirsty anymore zipped up my jacket and before I could stop myself walked towards the lift to get my mind off this.

******

"Did you see her! Preston I'm not joking she could be Kendal Jenner" I groaned as I flopped down on his bed, about two minutes after I had woke him up after banging on his door.

After convincing myself that everything was going to be alright five minutes into the walk here, after seeing smiling faces drop at the sight of me walking past as if I'm a reminder of a weakness of the pack or whatever that even meant I felt my anger grow and after five laps of the same loop I realised Preston was the perfect person to share that with.

"How could I have? I wasn't awake at the crack of dawn like some people and was enjoying a nice day off where I don't have to babysit your ass" Preston groaned as he pulled on his t shirt and slumping down on the chair in the corner. He quickly re thought his response as I shot him a dirty look, "I'm joking, it doesn't matter if she's pretty and I doubt she's Kendal Jenner level pretty but Four barley gives anyone the time of day so I'm sure she'll be the same" he tried to reassure me as the loud ringing of this phone entered the silent room.

I knew he was just trying to be nice, this was going to be different Four was obviously going to have to spend time with her everyday, see her everyday she was his wife and I felt like she side chick.

I watched as he brought it up to his ear and just replied with a yeah and quickly shut it off placing it on the desk beside him. He looked over at me sending me a small smile which I knew meant he had to leave.

"Everyone has to go to the forest to meet the new pack, you can stay here I'm sure I won't be long. Does Four know your here?" He asked as he got up from his position on the seat making his way towards the door.

I shook my head as he rolled his eyes shaking his head at me a small smile on his face "I swear your going to get me banished" he joked. I could tell from his face he was feeling sorry for me today, any other time and he would actually be angry at me for not telling Four where I was but he didn't say anything.

"There's Rice Krispies in the cupboard if you want, have some with milk you pour into the bowl." He shouted from the front door adding the last part which only made me laugh and if he was beside me I'd hit him.

*****

After a half an hour of sitting in Prestons house waiting for this quick meeting to be over, I had really considered leaving to go to the meeting myself, I mean I live here as well. But after I made Prestons bed and made my self cereal I had honestly exhausted myself. More mentally exhausted than physically but exhausted none the less. I don't know if I could mentally prepare to actually meet her today.

I was just about to open the front door when a loud ringing from Prestons bedroom made me stop and remember that he heft his phone.

I shrugged as I closed the door and turned to go back into his room, maybe it was Four ringing to tell me to go back to the house or something. I walked over to the desk where it lay and grabbed it expecting to see Fours name wrote across it only for it to be the name I least expected it to be, Dylan.

I felt like I stood there for hours staring at the name on the screen wishing that it was something else but at the same time a little glad as I went over reasons why I should answer and reasons why I shouldn't answer. Then I realised that the phone was going to ring off in a few seconds and before I could even think I pressed accept.

I held the phone up to my ear as my heavy breaths filled up the silence, I didn't know why I was so nervous, it was only Dylan.

"Hi Dylan, Prestons not here right now" I let out before he even talked, I sounded so awkward and formal talking to who I once would have called my best friend.

For the next few seconds I didn't hear anything and I thought he hung up which made me feel that crap feeling again but soon I heard him clear his throat.

"Emily, are you okay?" He asked, his soft voice enough to get rid of that feeling. I didn't know if he was asking this to be nice or if he knew what was happening today, he probably did Preston probably told him. It would be so much easier today if he was here. I was the one that should be asking if he was okay, I mean it couldn't be easy being made to leave where you've lived your whole life, and it was because of me. I didn't know how he wasn't angry with me.

"I'm good, are you?" I lied hoping he wouldn't do the same because I wanted his real answer. Seeing him at grandmas that night was such a shock I didn't even get to ask him, to really talk to him as I was afraid  Four would come back.

"I miss you" His words were what set me off the edge that I had trying not to go over all morning as I felt a few tears run down my face as I mumbled out a miss you too trying to not let him hear the tears in my voice.

"Hey don't cry,-" Dylan began, as I heard the front door opening and panic rose in me at the thought of Four knowing I was talking to Dylan so before I could even get caught I mumbled a quick goodbye to Dylan and pushed down the phone wiping the wet tears that were on my face and walking back into the living room to see a awkward looking Preston and Four standing talking. I almost would have laughed at Prestons stance, he always gets so nervous around Four.

I took a deep breath when I realised they were to caught up in whatever they were talking about to hear me in the room not that I made that much noise as they book looked up their conversation coming to a quick stop.

Four held out his hand to me as I walked over his hand grabbing onto mine as he looked at me his face scrunching up as he reached up to touch my semi wet cheeks.

"Have you been crying?" He asked as his eyes looked me up and down checking if their was anything physically wrong with me.

"No I was washing my face" I quickly made up a lie and gave a small smile to try convince him which didn't seem to work that much as he stayed silent as if looking for the actual answer, I hadn't looked at my eyes and I'm sure they were red which probably didn't help but after a while he gave up and turned to look at Preston.

"I'll bring her over at about six and we will talk about it then" He told Preston as he began to walk towards the door bringing me with him. I turned back to look at Preston who was looking annoyingly at the empty bow I left on his table which I didn't put away and almost made me laugh.

Then Fours voice actually registered, what did he want to talk to Preston about? The amount of pain I would be in soon? I wish Preston came back alone so I could ask him all the questions about Theresa and Four didn't seem like he was in the talking mood so I would just have to wait until later for my questions I had.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

420K 10.1K 45
Currently Revising and Editing ☀️ »•« His body pushed me against the wall, trapping me. He grabbed my hands and pinned them above my head. I could fe...
833K 21.9K 30
"You're mine," he growls. "I am not an object so back off!" He steps closer to me and pins me against the wall. "You're mine," he whispers in my ear...
93.8K 3K 36
He growl lowly as my breath become shallow from this steamy sessions. Within a second, he digs his canines into my skin, and moans escape my mouth at...
275 3 16
She ran and ran as fast as her legs could carry her in the dark eerie forest. Something was chasing after her, something huge was chasing her. She co...