A Miraculous Tale: Hawk Moth

By goldenbooks2020

(Fanfic #7) Hawk Moth's final plan to get Ladybug and Cat Noir's miraculous finally goes into play. Determine... More

Acknowledgements
Recap
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19

Ch. 1

653 14 5
By goldenbooks2020

Ladybug and Cat Noir had ducked behind the edge of a building. Rena Rouge and Carapace were looking at them, waiting to hear the next move.

"I never thought I'd say this, but I kinda miss Queen Bee." Cat Noir said. The others nodded their agreement.

"She can be a valuable ally. When she's not akumatized or being a total brat." Ladybug mumbled the last part to herself.

"What's the plan for taking down Hawk Moth?" Rena Rouge asked. Ladybug closed her eyes, trying to assess the situation.

Hawk Moth had turned into Scarlet Moth again, but instead of akumatizing everyone he akumatized only a few, key villains. Oni-Chan, Dark Owl, Revealer, Silencer, and Miraculer were below them, wreaking havoc on the city.

Ladybug shook her head. "I don't really have any ideas on what to do."

Cat Noir smiled reassuringly. "You'll figure it out. You always do."

"Rena Rouge and I are prepared for anything. We have been working on our skills." Carapace added as he pointed between them.

"Wait, do you two know each other's identities!?" Cat Noir sounded shocked. He turned to Ladybug. "You let them know?!"

"Now is not the time, Cat Noir. We need to focus on Hawk Moth."

"We're talking about this later." Cat Noir glared at her before turning to the scene below.

With a sigh of resignation, Ladybug realized there was only one option. "I think we might need to run straight into battle, but watch out for Silencer, Revealer, and Miraculer. We'll be useless if they hit us."

"Come out come out wherever you are, Ladybug and Cat Noir! Stop hiding!" Hawk Moth growled from his place on the Eiffel Tower.

"We're right here!" Ladybug shouted as she jumped out of their hiding spot. The other heroes joined her a second later, and Hawk Moth laughed.

"Splendid. I see you're missing Queen Bee though."

"It's for her own good." Ladybug shouted at him. Suddenly Cat Noir jumped in front of her, his staff twirling rapidly. One of Revealer's beams vanished.

"Thanks, Kitty."

"Anytime, Milady." He ran off to join the fight, and Ladybug followed a beat behind him.

*******************************

Ladybug huffed and turned around. Carapace and Rena Rouge were beside her while Cat Noir was off fetching Queen Bee.

"Is that all you got heroes? Pretty soon I'll be playing hero nonstop, once we finish you of course." Miraculer singsonged.

"Which won't take that long. This is gonna be easy." Revealer finished. The four heroes hadn't made much progress in their fight; Scarlet Moth stood triumphantly on the Eiffel Tower. You won't be there for much longer, Scarlet Moth! Ladybug seethed. Mayura stood perched next to him, her fan held out elegantly in front of her.

The villains and heroes then ran to meet each other head on. As they collided, the battle began. Miraculer targeted Carapace, intent on getting his power. He dodged out of the way, managing to land a few hits on the villain without getting zapped. Revealer joined the fight, and Carapace struggled to fend off the both of them without being touched. As they fought, Rena Rouge battled Dark Owl and Silencer. She jumped over Silencer's drop kick, using the momentum to backflip over Dark Owl. He shot her with his grappling hook as she sailed overhead. He swung it forward, bringing Rena Rouge crashing down next to Silencer. Silencer took the moment, moving his fingers to Rena Rouge's lips; she tried to jump up, but Dark Owl pinned her down. Silencer tried again, but Rena Rouge moved her head away, so Dark Owl held her still. She bit Silencer's fingers as he tried again, and she smiled triumphantly as he scowled at her. Dark Owl clamped her mouth shut so that Silencer could finally press his fingers to her lips. The second before his fingers touched them, Ladybug's yoyo flew into Silencer's helmet. It broke with a loud crack. She swung her yoyo and captured the akuma and set it free as Luka hurried away from the battle.

Ladybug then turned back to Oni-Chan, who still hadn't recovered her sword. Ladybug ducked a blow from the villain and quickly punched her in the stomach. Oni-Chan stumbled backwards before running at Ladybug with an angry shout. She swung her fists wildly at the hero; Ladybug managed to dodge the first few before Oni-Chan broke through her defenses. Ladybug fell down with a grunt, and Oni-Chan leaned over her.

"Tired yet?" She asked.

Ladybug shrugged. "Not quite." She pushed Oni-Chan away with her feet and quickly jumped up. She swung her yoyo around Oni-Chan. Once she was tied up, Ladybug retrieved her sword and broke it. Ladybug captured the akuma and let it loose. Kagami fell to the ground, looking up at Ladybug in confusion. Ladybug roughly dragged her to her feet.

"Hurry up and go. Don't go anywhere near Scarlet Moth."

Kagami nodded and ran away. Ladybug turned and gasped as she saw Rena Rouge tied to the Eiffel Tower. Dark Owl was guarding his prize like a savage dog, but he stalked toward Ladybug when she glared at him.

"Looks like it's you and me now, Ladybug." He said.

"I think you're forgetting someone!" Queen Bee remarked as she landed next to Ladybug. Cat Noir now stood on Ladybug's other side which made her smile. Backup had arrived.

The smile was wiped off of her face when they all heard Carapace cry out. They turned to see Miraculer's leotard filling up with circles of Carapace's power. The villain laughed as she felt herself growing stronger.

Cat Noir immediately ran off to help Carapace, leaving Queen Bee and Ladybug to deal with Dark Owl.

"Ready to join your friend?" He taunted.

"Not today, loser!" Queen Bee ran at him with Ladybug right behind her. Queen Bee threw a punch at Dark Owl, but he nimbly avoided it and swung his grappling hook at Ladybug. It hit her in the chest; she stumbled back but quickly recovered. Queen Bee swung her leg around, side kicking him. Dark Owl stumbled toward Ladybug, and she punched his head, knocking him out.

Carapace was laying on the ground moaning while Cat Noir fought Revealer and dodged Miraculer's cataclysm powered hand.

"Little... help!" Cat Noir grunted. Ladybug immediately jumped in. Cat Noir faced Revealer while Ladybug took on Miraculer; Queen Bee joined her a second later. Miraculer swung her stick at Queen Bee's head in an attempt to knock her out. Queen Bee grabbed it and tried to wrestle it out of Miraculer's hand, so the villain released cataclysm, grabbed her stick with both hands, and pulled it free from Queen Bee's grasp. Ladybug swung a punch at Miraculer, and she managed to hit the villain on the side. Miraculer ran at Ladybug in an attempt to steal the hero's power, but Ladybug swung her yoyo around, making a shield. Miraculer then turned to Queen Bee. She raised her hand, calling on cataclysm, before she ran at the hero. Queen Bee ducked and flipped Miraculer over her head, but Miraculer quickly stood and hit Queen Bee in the back.

Weakened, Queen Bee stumbled over to Ladybug and leaned on her shoulders. Ladybug made another shield to block Miraculer from coming any closer.

"Are you okay, Queen Bee?" Ladybug called over her shoulder. She felt Queen Bee's arms resting on her shoulders, and she could hear the hero's shaky breaths.

"It's going to be okay. Just relax. Cat Noir and I will stop them."

"Cat Noir and you won't be able to win this battle, Ladybug." Queen Bee whispered in her ear.

"Don't give up hope... Queen Bee what are you doing!" Ladybug yelled as Queen Bee wrenched Ladybug's arm behind her back. Ladybug cried out, and her shield dropped. Miraculer pressed her stick to Ladybug's chest, and Ladybug felt the power drain from her. Queen Bee wrapped her arms around Ladybug so the hero could no longer move.

"Let go!" Ladybug yelled as she tried to get Queen Bee off of her.

"Stop struggling!" Queen Bee snapped. Chloe was mean, but she was still good, still on their side. What's happened to her? Ladybug wondered. Miraculer walked up to Ladybug and leaned in the hero's face.

"Time to see who's under that pretty mask." She remarked slyly. Ladybug struggled to get away, but Miraculer was already on top of her. She took the left earring out, and Ladybug could feel her supersuit start to disappear.

"Don't do this!" Ladybug pleaded. "Don't do this, Chloe. This isn't you!"

"You don't know who I am." Queen Bee snarled and pulled Ladybug's arms tighter. Ladybug winced. Miraculer reached for her other earring, but Ladybug kicked her.

Miraculer stumbled back. "I wouldn't try that again if I were you." She growled. Ladybug scowled. When she tried kicking Miraculer again, Queen Bee spun her around then punched her in the stomach. Miraculer took off the hero's right earring once Ladybug was keeled over. Queen Bee roughly pushed her, and Marinette fell to the ground.

She heard a gasp and turned to see Rena Rouge, staring at her best friend in shock.

"Marinette?" She whispered. Marinette looked away, realizing how horrible the situation was. All the heroes were defeated, except Cat Noir. But what can he do against all those villains? Hawk Moth has pretty much won. All their hard work had amounted to nothing. Paris had been counting on them, and they had failed. Marinette felt hot tears roll down her cheeks until they eventually fell to the pavement and splattered. It was over. Everyone knew that she was Ladybug, and it'd only be a matter of time before a villain claimed Cat Noir's miraculous like Queen Bee had claimed hers. Why? Why did she betray us? Marinette cried. She pulled her legs close to her chest and buried her head in them.

"It's over. We've lost."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 610 41
In this sequel to "Just a Friend?", Hawk Moth has been unmasked and Adrien and Marinette are together and they know each other's secret identities. T...
1K 93 49
This is a sequel to my other fanfiction 'trust me', it's not required to read that one first, but I recommend you do. Hawk Moth and Mayura got defeat...
133K 2.3K 20
Lila came up with another lie driving every friend Marinette had. Only three people in Paris believed her and tried to help her, Adrian, Chat Noir an...
3.6K 288 21
[COMPLETE] "No... no! Don't tell me that he got to you M'lady!" "You mangy street cat! Give me your Miraculous!" ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● (Set bef...