Stockholm Syndrome / h. styles

By BritishBums

Something so wrong, just felt so right. More

Stockholm Syndrome / h. styles
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty

eleven

129K 4.9K 2.9K
By BritishBums

.

- April -

"Perrie!" My heart fell as I felt myself slowly shatter. No.. No not another friend. Not another person that was here by my side.

Liam held his gun down, his face blank. He just stared, did nothing else but that.

"April, come on!" I could hear Jade yell into the vent from the other end.

A sob left my lips, tears blurring my vision.

"G-go.. Leave me here." She urged me, coughing out blood.

"Stop it, you are coming with us. I--"

She shakes her head, pushing my hands away. "Leave. Before it's too late. Please."

She was right. If she moved even a little, she'd lose more blood and she'd die on the spot. Although if she remained still and kept her hands on the wound, there was a possibility she'd survive.. But not with Zayn and Niall. And now Liam is alive, I don't know what would happen. They'd be more powerful as a team.

"I am going to come back for you." I cried. "I promise, Perrie." I squeeze her hands once more before staggering backwards.

In a rush, I had crawled through the narrow vent, strugging to get to the end. Afraid that Liam would follow, he didn't.

"April!" Jade called, holding her hand out as I took it. She helped pull me out as we headed to the van. Jade had gotten into the back of the large van with all the other girls as I sat up front with Harry.

He immediately saw the blood that was on my hands, and knew it just wasn't good.

Breaking down into tears, my hands shook vigorously.

"Go." Jade nods as Harry turned his attention back to where we were going to go as he stepped on it.

The vehicle rushed quickly as she looks at me sympathetically from the back. I turn towards her as her face fell.

"No.. No not Perrie."

"She couldn't move. And.. I couldn't take her or else it'd slow us down, and sh-she'd lose a lot of blood. I had to leave her behind." I cried, as she set a hand on my shoulder in comfort.

"Listen to me, it's okay. We'll come back for her." She nods, as she held back her tears as well. I could tell, Perrie was her friend throughout all of this too, and it was terrible to realize that I really had to leave her behind like that.

There was a silence, as I stared at the road that we were going down. I wasn't familiar of it, but I was slightly relieved to know that we'd be out of here..

"Liam's alive." I tell Harry as he cursed, letting out a breath.

"What?" He spoke in shock.

"Y-yeah.. Really, really weak though. He could barely move."

"Liam's alive." He spoke to himself, as if trying to process it through. "Well isn't that fucking great. He should've died." He sighed. "Now we have one more problem to deal with."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Harry remained silent, and somehow, his silence told me exactly what I needed to know.

"I missed the shot. It hit Niall in the arm, and I'm sure he's pretty angry. I shot Zayn in the leg, and the gun was empty after that." He shook his head as he continued to drive. "I screwed it all up.. Fucking shit." 

"No.. No you didn't." I responded softly.

"I did!" He rose his voice. "Now the least you can do is just shut the hell up." He nearly spat as my heart dropped.

We kissed, just ten minutes ago. Now he was acting as if nothing of the sort was happening, and he was going back to acting so cold.. What was it really? He wasn't helping at all either, because all of this was just beginning to confuse me.. Maybe I shouldn't have kissed him, maybe I shouldn't have stooped that low either.

Wake up, April. If I thought this was my life now, it wasn't. Harry already took that away from me anyway.

.

We've been driving for hours now, as Jade sighed, nearing my seat. "Thank you. For saving us all." Jade tells me. She turns to Harry who glared at her through the rear view mirror. "And you too, Harry. This might be the last thing you want to hear now, and it might be the last thing you have to worry about too, but.. You did it. You saved us."

"This isn't me." He murmured so low, I barely heard him, nor did Jade.

"What?" I whispered. 

"I don't save people. I.. All I've done is push people away in ways you wouldn't even want to see. This is why I can't keep you either, April."

"What, no Harry." I say firmly, not knowing why I was actually arguing with his idea.

"This was wrong, all of it. You don't deserve hurt. And I don't want to be the one to cause it." He says as the car stops right where we started. In front of the house where I found myself in a dreadful state of nightmares and eerie thoughts.

"I'm going to let these girls go home, you too. I meant it when I want you safe, and I know what I can do. I don't want you to be my next victim."

"But you can control it." 

"No, no I can't. That's the thing, I don't know."

"What about Jane huh?" I blurted out, immediately regretting that I brought the subject up. I didn't know who she is, not at all, but I've heard Zayn bring her up and it's always been a touchy subject for him whenever he did bring it up.

"Jane is dead April. I killed her. I loved her, and then I killed her, because she wouldn't leave me. Even if I did tell her to leave, she wouldn't. Because she loved me too much. I loved her too that's the thing. I couldn't love."

"But you care. You know that you do, why are you pushing it away?" I sighed, getting frustrated that he was clearly trying to push every single part of his humanity away.

"I don't have any time to care. I especially don't need regret in my life either. I killed my own mother for fucks sake! How could you possibly still want to stay?" He locked a tensed stare with me as I felt tears prick in my eyes.

"I.. I know there's still hope for you." I whispered.

"Well that's where you're wrong okay. I want you to go. Get your life back. I knew this was wrong, I don't know why I did it. It's too dangerous now. Zayn, Niall, and Liam are going to come back and won't stop at nothing until they find me. The last thing I want to see is your blood on their hands April."

"I don't care anymore Harry!" I rose my voice, tears threatening to spill at any second now. "Y-you saved my life. Now it's my turn to save yours."

He slowly shakes his head. "It's happening all over again. You're just like her. Jane.. She was so innocent, so naive, with everything she did. I'm surprised I even got this far, because Jane never made it this far."

"Because I'm not her." I was slightly angry that he was comparing me to her.. Maybe he was just trying to save me. But in a way I didn't like. 

"In a way you are. You're right, you are different. You make me feel normal. But I don't want to feel like this."

I remained silent, as I looked at all the girls in the back. "We're going to drive you girls into town. If anyone asks, and if you're ever interrogated. It was two men named Zayn and Niall, along with their ally, Liam."

They all nodded in agreement, Jade gulping. "Promise me you'll get Perrie back, Harry."

He nods. "Yeah. She's going to be alright."

Jade smiled weakly, tears glistening in her eyes. "Thank you so much, again. You have no idea how much you've saved us, all of us."

.

Harry still hasn't spoken the entire drive back to the end of the forest, the one next to the city. I wish he had, because somehow I knew he'd still force me to go back home, and somehow.. I didn't want that for myself right now. Now I knew, I was never going to be at peace.

"I hope to see you around, April." Jade tells me, she was the last girl out, to get out of here for good.

"Yeah, me too Jade. Stay safe alright?" I nodded, as she squeezes my hand reassuringly. She sends me one last smile before hopping off the van and leaving. Just like that, she was the last girl who had to escape. It was done.

"I'm driving you home." Harry tells me. "And you aren't going to tell anyone about this, about what has happened nearly the past three weeks."

"I went through all of this.. Just to be released again in the end? Don't tell me I fought for my life for you. Don't tell me I did all of this for nothing."

"You've earned your freedom! God, don't be so hypocritical."

"Why are you acting like this.. Why are you acting like we didn't just kiss back there, and why are you pushing me away?"

"We've went over this April, I told you I'm not good for you. And I don't fucking deserve you either. You're too good, and maybe..Maybe I do love you. I've felt this unexplainable way about you for awhile now, and I could never explain it. It's probably because I do love you."

I was shocked by his words, as I had to recollect my thoughts before speaking the point though.

"I know that you aren't insane, and I--"

"You don't know that. You don't know anything." He says as he began to drive the car.

This felt so wrong.. Just leaving him. I know, it might be wrong to stay too, but.. It felt right. I knew that for a fact, and I knew what I felt. All of the harsh things he's done, lead to one conclusion; it was all done for me. I don't know why I was just too blind to possibly see it.

Maybe he was right.. I was as shallow as a kiddy pool.

I gasped when there was a gun shot from behind, and then followed another one aiming at our vehicle. 

"Get down!"

I screwed my eyes closed, sinking down in my seat.

Thinking it was Zayn and Niall, no it was worse.. This must've been the worst possible situation because what used to be all over, began to rebuild into something else that could probably end every single thing, right now.

It was the police.

Tons of police cars followed behind the single car that shot at the van as I gasped when there were more that had stopped in front of us, stopping us from getting away.

Harry cursed, as I shook my head. Before I can even get a single word out, a cop had opened his door and harshly pulled him out.

"No! S-stop! He didn't do anything wrong!" I screamed, running out of the car and making my way to where they were putting him into one of the police cars.

"April, you were kidnapped. And you're going to be okay, sweetheart. This whole town has been worried about never finding you.. Now we've got you. And you won't be seeing him again."

"Listen to me. He.. He didn't kidnap me, and he didn't do anything wrong! Just let him go, please.. Just please." I sobbed, but this man didn't listen to me. Of course he wouldn't.

He just slowly grabbed me by the shoulders and lead me towards another cop car that was right beside the one they put Harry in.

As soon as he closed the door, I scooted to the other side to see him.

The tears that I've managed to hold back ever since we escaped now broke loose. "I'm so sorry." I mouthed when he saw me as he nodded, as he closed his eyes.

"It's okay." He mouthed back, setting a hand on the window reassuringly. 

Before I could say anything else, the car had drove down the road as other cops had began to look through the white van for any evidence.

He just wanted me safe, all he's ever done was care for me and there was a point where he would've even taken a bullet for me. Literally. Thing is, I'm the type of person to always give something in return no matter what it was.. 

I was going to help him, and nothing was going to stop me. Not even Harry himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 7.2K 76
"Every love story is beautiful, but ours was my favorite."
110K 1.9K 39
DRARRY One Shots. Enjoy. SMUT WARNING.
1.1K 107 25
A Harry styles fanfic x)
106 14 17
"I never meant for it to be this way" "And yet it's your fault it is this way"