Delusional Love

By NathanV666

Book #2 of Therapeutic Love series (REVAMPED) As the new year begins, the boys continue life as a trio. A fre... More

Chapter 1: A new beginning
Chapter 2: Christian
Chapter 3: Home sweet home
Chapter 4: Christian
Chapter 5: The truth comes out
Chapter 6: Christian
Chapter 7: The goodness within
Chapter 8: Christian
Chapter 9: Family affairs
Chapter 10: Christian
Chapter 12: Alec Guerrero
Chapter 13: All alone.
Chapter 14: Christian
Chapter 15: Expectations
Chapter 16: Hello again
Chapter 17: Christian
Chapter 18: Empty promises
Chapter 19: Decisions
Chapter 20: Never alone
Chapter 21: Forgivness
Chapter 22: Christian
Chapter 23: Justice
Chapter 24: Peace
Chapter 25: After
Chapter 26: Epilogue
Sequal Preview

Chapter 11: Siblings intuition

170 11 0
By NathanV666

Max set his pencil down in his journal, not having written much. He wrapped his arms around his legs as he took in the modernized living room.

Large tv, glass shelving, couches that were meant purely for aesthetics given how they managed to break you the fuck in. All changes his step mother could be given credit for.

Long gone was their run down wood table, water rings and all. Replaced by fancy glass, which definitely didn't cut open their little sisters head.

Their toys were gone, family photos moved. Now replaced by a giant ass portrait of his fathers and the thirty something's wedding.

His dad wasn't rich, not like his grandparents. Yet the women hadn't seemed to grasp that fact.

Sarah worked under the table gigs for years while raising the kids. Max and Luis were young when she came into the picture. Babysitting, making pastries and selling them on the dl, making candles and shît but never a job. That was what dad was for.

And despite his constant 'she doesn't understand I'm not made of money', they're still together and nothing has or ever will change.

He would feel bad for the guy if it wasn't entirely his fault. Kick her out, set her straight. Anything. But no.

"Malparido, get out here! I'll leave y'all behind, you know I don't care."

"Chill out, I'm almost ready, Jesus..." Max smirked a little, adjusting his shades as he waited in the drive way.

And yes, in his car. It was busted as fuck but running well and his dad taught him a bunch of techniques when it came to fixing it up. Definitely helped to have that experience from the shop.

They were meant to be driving down to visit their sister, just them two. But Luis had asked if he could sneak his new girlfriend along so, as his brother, he made that shit happen.

He did check in with the girls older brother who was a friend from school oddly enough. All ese had to do was nod and he knew what his job was.

"Did you get everything? Blankets? Pillows? Money?" Max rambled on from the driver's seat, his elbow propped up on the window seal.

His arms were coming back into shape, muscle memory definitly helped. So he made sure to present them nicely in a muscle t like a jackass.

"Hey Aubrey. You doing good?"

"Yessir." She muttered, chuckling a little when he offered a fist bump. He glanced his brothers way. They shared a look of mutual distaste. Then they were off.

The trip was weirdly fun. He and his brother got along well. Luis never saw him as the cool older brother. Despite playing football and having cred or whatever you wanna call it. He never managed to be a role model for him.

Luis followed in their older brothers footsteps with wrestling. Respected him despite Oscar never having time to spare for them.

Max never had a relationship with the guy. Luis was practically the only brother he had. He wanted to be a role model, he wanted to be someone to look up to. He knew he never would though.

But fuck all that right? The drive was nice.

And he'd known Aubrey for a few years, seen her a bit when the guys hung out at Sean's. Surprisingly good at 2k. She was real cool. Buffered between them well enough.

When they met up with Adriana the next day, she practically smacked the shit out of him for not texting her back, thinking they were dead in a ditch somewhere.

Luis and Aubrey ran off to meet the dogs while the grown up and semi grown up talked.

"Hey." She said after a second and he nodded in response. "I missed you. You know that? I'm sorry..sorry I haven't been there for you. I know you need people, I just.."

"Its fine, really. Can't just put your lives on hold because of me, that ain't fair. You do what you gotta do. That's all it is."

He nudged her as she cried a little. She gave a weak smile, brushing at her tears.

"Come on, let's go get our nails done."

"Hell no." He stated immediately.

She grinned wildly, "Oh come on! We always go when you visit-

"What?" Luis asked, shuffling in. Aubrey gave a single laugh, not really caring. Max glared his brothers way.

"Girls like sensitive guys, it was one time, get the fuck out."

The teen flipped him off, silently judging. They grabbed some snacks before heading back to the living room.

"We can't just go. I promised Sean I'd watch them."

She rolled her eyes, calling out to them. "You guys gonna mess around on my couch while we're gone?"

The kids gagged on instinct, Luis cussing them out. She nodded in response.

"Y'all are dog sitting. We'll be back in a few hours." Max grimaced, shrugging out of her teasing grasp.

"No more excuses, we're going."

"Fuck."

About an hour later, they were chilling in some seats, Adriana busy drying her nails under one of those weird purple drying machine things.

Max sighed, arms resting on his knees. He splashed his feet in the tiny tub of water in boredom. He looked over to see the manicurist crouched before him giving a deadly look. Water splashed on her jeans a little.

"Sorry." He muttered, barely holding back a grin, looking away. His eyes landed on this twink dude working behind the counter.

He had nicely jelled hair and high arched brows. His lips were damn near perfection. Bro was sparkling.
It didn't help when he turned around to grab something.

Yup. Perfection.

He flipped his cap backward, gripping it as he tried to focus on his sister or the feet lady or anything else.

Maybe that guys still turned around..

He glanced up subtly to check. Bro's eyes met his and he melted like fucking butter.

The guy gave a coy smile, a hint of blush spreading across his face. He tried to look away but kept looking up, as if he couldn't help himself, Max grinned slightly, letting his eyes linger for a moment.

"Hey." Adriana called from beside him, snapping him out of his very harmless flirting.

He saw the dude giggle slightly to himself. Max turned to look at his sister, not necessarily needing to look straight but he was waiting for his pedi to dry, so.

"What?"

Adriana looked the guys way. He looked between them back and forth and swore he could already feel the bullets begin to drip from his body.

"Do you think she's hot?"

"..what?"

He glanced, finally noticing the employee just beside the guy. Max sighed in relief.

The girls round face hid under long wavy curls, the heated kind. Or whatever they used. Her eyelashes were amazingly long but natural. And she was curvy as hell.

"Yeah, she's real pretty." He admitted, because she was definitely more than pretty.

He couldn't help eyeing the guy standing next to her. He didn't make eye contact, probably having pieced together that Max wasn't the most publicly gay guy.

"Alright.." Adraina replied, looking at her nails. "What about him?" Her voice was nonchalant but Max immediately went rigid.

"Sure, dudes an angel. Seriously though, why would you ask that?"

Ariana shrugged, mentioning it didn't hurt to ask.
He shook his head with a tightened jaw, trying not to panic and get defensive.

"If I'd be gay for anyone, It'd have to be Austen. Dudes a beast. Plus he lifts my body weight. It's meant to be."

Adriana chuckled at the joking but begged for him to stop there, not wanting to hear how exactly he could be lifted and where.

He thought he'd successfully thrown her off when she gave him a look.

"You didn't answer, did you?"

"..yeah, I did."

"Max." She stated, the seriousness in her voice silencing him. He looked away at her knowing gaze.
"It's okay. Really."

She knows, doesn't she..?

"I.." He tried. He tugged on his socks slowly, trying to buy himself time. He knew she would be fine with it. He knew she loved him anyway.

"Yeah. Fine." He muttered finally, glancing briefly his way. "He's gorgeous. You happy?"

She stared for a second before giving a weak smile, she reached up at his height, having to bend him sideways just to pull back the hat and give him a kiss on his forehead.

He muttered embarrassed, fixing his cap.

"Go pick out my color for me." She stated. Max glared her way, knowing what she was up to. "Well come on then, chop chop!"

"Fuck you." He popped on his sneakers, jogging over to the counter. His heart hammered nervously at the guy.

This wasn't like the boys, this dude was one of those gays that'd have you shitting your pants. Damn man eaters. He'd never met one before. And yeah, he was definitely shitting himself.

Be cool bro, be cool.

"Hi." The guy stated, fruitiness in his voice but he seemed nice enough. Max nodded, leaning his arms to the desk. Predictably, that drew the guys eyes there where he struggled to look away.

"Uh..sister wanted me to pick a color. Can I do that or..?"

"Yeah, 'course. You sure that's not just an excuse though?"

Max scoffed a little, confused. He took in the guys look and grinned slow.

"For what?"

"..I don't know." The guy smiled back.

"Sure you do. What's your name?"

"Cash. I know it's weird, don't ask."

"Nah, I like it. Unique. It fits."

Cash smiled, taken aback at his obvious flirting. He seemed surprised his line had actually worked.

"Wasn't an excuse though, I do need a color. Give me the wildest, ugliest shit you can find." Cash chuckled but did as asked. Some time later he handed over the polish. Max let his hand wrap around the guys subtly as he took it, making the guy blush even worse.

"Wait, before you uh..can I get your number- what's your name?"

"Max. And thank you but no. I have a girlfriend."

"..why am I not surprised?" He muttered with a smile, almost relieved. His composure eased then, noticing he had no further reason to simp. "You were starting to freak me out. All big and bad and gay and available? Hard to come by."

"Damn. Sad, I'm only three of those things." Max smiled innocently which had Cash rolling his eyes.

"Definitly sad. Get out of here." He teased. Max raised his arms in defense.

"Ay, stay away from those apps alright? Know your worth."

"Yeah, says the man of my dreams."

He shook his head grinning as he walked back to their seats.

"Damn, you a little player ain't you?" Adriana joked, giving him a look. He just shrugged, amused.

He had stressed about coming out for a long time. And although his sister wasn't someone he was really worrying about, the hope it gave him did feel..it felt good.

-

Max immidiantly turned around at the sound of Jaimes voice ringing through the courtyard.
He let go of Emily's hand, tucking them slowly into his pockets.

"Hey. JJ right? From the chess championship event?"

"Yeah." He muttered, confused. "How.."

"I was there, my sisters a junior player. Max mentioned it actually so we spent the day there. You were awesome by the way."

Max cringed at that, fighting to ignore the way Jaime looked at him then. Yeah, he has stooped beyond low with that move. But he always loved watching the guy play. He wanted to see him kick ass. And he knew Hannah would love it so you know..just worked out.

"I was..can I talk to Max for a moment. It's about yearbook photos and he's the football captain. Need to hammer some stuff out."

"Uh.."Emily glanced to him in confusion. He stared at the ground, jaw clenched. She sighed a little but nodded easily. "Of course, you boys take your time."

She gave Max a quick kiss on the cheek. He dropped his head as it was then just the two of them standing together.

"You ain't here about photos are you?" Max mumbled absently. Jaime nodded.

"What was that about? Did I say something wrong?"

"Huh? Nah. I just..ain't really the captain anymore. Too many absences."

"Oh." He looked as though he wanted to ask but decided against it. A small sigh come from his pink lips. Max could feel his chest ache. "I don't want wanna drag this out. Everything that happened..it's done, I guess. You won't have to worry about me after this, promise."

"Jaime.."

"No, it's not-..I heard what happened. Apparently Karie doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. He wasn't trying to be an ass, he was just..worried. Anyway. I just want to say I'm real sorry. It's terrible. I know you probably aren't okay but..I hope you are, still. You know?"

Max looked away, sniffling. He could feel his face fall  at the words.

"..Max." He tried, voice shaking slightly at the sight of him. He pushed it down slowly. "There's something else. Chris was the one who outed you. DaKarie found out, don't know how. He wouldn't really say but I know he knew. It was Chris."

"But I don't..why would he do that? The fuck does it have to do with him?!"

"I don't know, Max. Ask him. Don't do something stupid, like DaKarie did. But..you deserve the truth, after everything."

Max turned to the brick wall, trying not to heave as he cried. He could feel Jaime's hand on his back, soothing him but he shrugged it off.

"Don't matter anyway. It happened. Now..this motherfucker knows. I already lost everybody, man. Now he's gonna tell. Then what's left, huh?..Don't know what the fuck I'm doing anymore."

He began to sob into his fists. He tried shrugging off Jaime again but stopped as he felt the hands on his cheeks, pulling his face down to the crook of Jaimes neck.

He didn't want this happening, he didn't deserve it. Jaime pitied him, that was the only reason he was there. Max wasn't even worth that much.

"Max, come home with me. Please." JJ muttered, desperate. Max pulled away, shaking his head no.
"Max! You're talking like you're alone, like you're out of options! You aren't! You don't have to be!"

"..I love you." Max muttered, clenching Jaime's wrists in his hands, fighting to push them away.
"You don't deserve that."

"Stop. I'm serious. You can't keep doing this, Max. You can't keep telling me you-..and then leaving, it..it's really not fair, man." Jaime shook his head, blinking away his tears.

"I know. I'm done." Jaime looked up at the words, at the expression on his face. He meant it. That was it.

He looked away at the resentment that seeded itself in the boys eyes, unable to shake away even as he began to walk off.

"Thank you for telling me, JJ." He muttered, not looking back.

He turned a corner, pressing his back against the wall for support as soon as he was out of sight. He groaned, tears staining his palms as he sighed into them.

He took notice of the sniffles coming from beside him then. He looked to a small figure curled up on the ground. She didn't stop sobbing as their eyes met.

"Em..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...