Songs Of War - What if everyo...

By Nalla_Kaltaris

This is crack and is not to be treated seriously During the Season 3 Commentary, David mentioned that Senn w... More

The History Of Ardonia
On Mount Velgrin
Etherea
The Basalt Mines
In Underwood
Riverstead
The Dragon Stone
Crown Peak
A Common Enemy
The Journey Ahead
Mount Tempest
Attack On Sendaria
The Start Of A New Journey
Battle Of The Tree Fort
Different From The Rest
Tabora Crags
For Felden
Ataraxia
Goodbye Forever...
Going Into Battle
Four Ardoni Clans VS Voltaris
The Truth Behind The Legend
The Deathsinger
Do You Have Any Lava?
An Old Friend
Leaving Ataraxia
The Knights Of Ardonia
I Made This For You
The Unyielding Legion
Fort Zuka
The Vault
Dark Niika
The Conflict Between Cydonia And K'arthen
Dominus Voltaris
The Tidesinger
The Stress
The Enderqueen
The Alliance
The Chronicler And Necromancers
The Enderknights
Igneous VS Malakai
The Battle Of Felora
The End ( Part One )
The End ( Part Two )
The Tidesinger's Songs
Battle Of Crown Peak
Another Alliance
The Nether
He
In The Shadows
Preparing For Battle
Battle Of Meridian
Where We Have Come
Felora
Vulcannus
The Story Of A King
The Balance
The Shrouded Islands
Northwind
The Boat On The Ocean
Senn
The Last Prime
The Stress Of A Queen
The Deal
The Walls Of Time
The Battle For Felden
Against The Nether
Hailstone
The Ender Trials
The True Rulers
The Voltaris Aren't The Real Enemy
The Final Battle
The Second Great War
Author's Notes

Sendaria

496 13 21
By Nalla_Kaltaris

/A/N/ This chapter is where things start to become different from the original series.

~*~

In Sendaria, many Ardoni are peacefully working. Over a hill, a young Sendaris Ardoni is training alone with wooden sword.

/A/N/ Don't worry, I haven't totally deleted Senn, he's just going to appear much later in the story ( and I mean much much later )

Another Ardoni riding a horse approaches the area. He rides up and stops on one of the low hills. He looks down at her.

The Sendaris continues swinging her sword around, not having noticed the other Ardoni's arrival.

Suddenly, she clashes it with another diamond sword. She looks up.

' Thalleous!' she's surprised to see Thalleous in front of her.

' Training out here alone again, Ria?' Thalleous puts his sword on his back again.

' Yes… I don't exactly have anyone to train with…' Ria looks at her feet.

Thalleous thinks for a moment.
' Maybe someday, I can train you.'

Ria looks up happily. ' Really?'

' But I'm not sure Osivian will approve.'

Ria looks down, disappointed. ' Yeah… He probably wouldn't…'

' And he would definitely not want you to have, what I'm about to give you.'

Ria face brightens. ' What did you bring me?'

Thalleous pulls out a Mobilum Song.

' A Song? For me?' Ria takes it excitedly.

' In the old days it was common for Ardoni of your age to wield Songs. It is our unique ability to harness their power. To deny their usage is to deny the one thing that makes us Ardoni.'

Ria takes a closer look at her Song. It lets out muffled hummings.

' First I have some important business to take care of. Now remember, you cannot let Osivian know about…'

' Thalleous? Is that you?' a voice cuts Thalleous off.

Thalleous turns around. ' Oh, Osivian!' he stammers, ' Apologies for arriving uninvited…'

Ria quickly hides the Song.

Osivian Sendaris walks up to them.
' Thalleous, Sendaria is your home, you are always welcome here.'

Osivian turns to Ria. ' What are you doing alone out here?' He eyes her wooden sword. ' I told you, you have too many responsibilities to go gallivanting off, seeking danger!'

Ria rolls her eyes. ' I know, because I'm one of the few remaining female Ardoni. You've told me that before.'

' I wish you would respect my wishes, Ria…'

' Alright, Osivian!' Thalleous stops Osivian. ' I think she has heard enough for today. I have matters of great urgency to discuss with you.'

Osivian turns to Thalleous. ' Then best we head inside.'

He turns back to Ria. ' And Ria, go back to your rooms until I summon you.'

Thalleous follows Osivian and they walk off. Ria groans, but obeys her father and heads back to her room.

~*~

At midnight, Ria sneaks out of her room and heads to the Song Shrine in Sendaria.

He pulls out her Song and looks at it. It's music can be heard clearly in the peaceful night.

She places it in one of the slots of one of the pillars of the Song Shrine.

She then stands in the middle of the shrine and closes her eyes, waiting for something to happen.

There's a moment of silence, then the Song begins to get louder and louder.

Suddenly, the Song turns to energy. It surrounds her and fuses with her body. Her markings shine brightly, and she opens her eyes as everything begins ringing. Everything blurs out as she collapses to the ground.

~*~

Thalleous and Osivian are talking in one of the rooms, which are caves within large hills. Plant life grows all around the room.

' They were the Voltaris, at least seven of them. I have reported this to the masters but they refuse to take action,' Thalleous tells Osivian.

' And why would they listen?' Osivian shakes his head. ' You have spoken about the Voltaris and their return for the last century. Without evidence, your words can only fall on deaf ears.'

' I understand, which is why I'm not here to raise an army,' he sighs,' If I cannot convince you, all I can do is prepare.'

Suddenly, they hear sounds from outside.

' That sounds like a Song…' Thalleous murmurs.

' But no one in Sendaria wields Songs,' Osivian tells him.

Thalleous thinks for a moment before realising the truth. ' Umm… I'll be back…'

Thalleous rushes outside. Osivian is confused, and tries to follow Thalleous, but can't keep up when Thalleous teleports forward. He stops and stands outside the room.

Thalleous reaches the Song Shrine and sees Ria on the ground, unconscious. He carries Ria and takes her back to her room.

As he leaves the room, Osivian catches up to him. ' What happened?'

Thalleous avoids eye contact. ' Umm… Nothing! I should go rest, I'll have to leave early tomorrow.'

Osivian raises an eyebrow, but nods.

As Thalleous walks away, he turns back to Osivian. ' Could you, by any chance, allow Ria to come with me on my journey?'

Osivian looks at Thalleous. ' No, it's too dangerous for her.'

' I will be there to protect her,' Thalleous assures him.

Osivian thinks for a moment. He sighs. ' I guess I can't keep her locked up here forever. Very well, you may take her with you, but make sure no harm comes to her.'

Thalleous nods. ' I will. Thank you, Osivian.'

Thalleous walks away and Osivian looks into Ria's room. He looks sadly at her, but takes a deep breath and walks away.

~*~

Ria slowly opens her eyes. She sits upright in bed and looks around. It's still early in the morning.

Osivian comes in. ' Ria, you are awake.'

Ria turns to her father. ' What happened?'

Osivian is confused by her question, not knowing what happened last night as he thought she was asleep.
' Umm… What?'

Ria suddenly remembers that she shouldn't tell Osivian about the Song Thalleous gave her. ' Oh, nothing!'

Osivian raises an eyebrow.

There's a moment of silence between the two.

Osivian finally breaks it. ' Thalleous offered to take you with him on his journey.'

Ria looks up, interested.

' And… I have decided to let you go with him if you want.'

Ria is surprised. She doesn't believe it at first, but the look on Osivian's face say he's telling the truth.

' I have decided that, if you want to see the world, I shouldn't pull you back from your dreams.'

Ria is touched and runs forward to hug her father. ' Thank you, Father.'

Osivian is surprised, but hugs her back.

Ria lets go. ' I'll miss you, Father.'

' Now, you better go pack your things. You're leaving soon.'

~*~

A bit later, Ria and Thalleous are ready to leave.

' Thanks, Father, for letting me leave.'

Osivian looks away. ' Yes, yes, now go before I change my mind.'

Thalleous smiles as he mounts Timber. He helps Ria up.

Ria looks back at her father, who smiles at her.

' Come on, Timber, we ride South
all haste,' Thalleous tells his horse.

Timber neighs, and they set off on their journey.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 550 24
(!!!THIS STORY IS UNDER A MAJOR REWRITE!!!) In the frigid mountains of Northwind, The Walls of Time were created and written to document records of t...
2K 154 41
!THIS BOOK IS DISCONTINUED AS MY OC IS NO LONGER THE DEATHSINGER'S DAUGHTER, I CHANGED HER AND HAVE OTHER STORIES ON MY NEW OC, CHECK THOSE OUT PLEAS...
2.1K 66 12
A story describing The Great War, the formation of the Challengers, and the origins of some characters. Important: All characters (other than Varek)...
14.2K 319 33
Senn was told by Thalleous that his parents were killed in a Voltaris attack during the Great War. He knows that feeling where you're the only one wh...