Embers of Us (The Dragon Fair...

Por magicath_20

THE DRAGON DAIRY REWRITE Set after season 6 but before season 7. Things were different now. Bloom was happy... Mais

Introduction
01| Back to Domino
02| Old Friends?
04| The Hero Thing
05| Reunited
06| Reassurances
07 | Mixer

03| Dates

795 21 13
Por magicath_20

Safe to say Bloom was nervous. 

How could she NOT be?

Sure Sky was her boyfriend, but it'd been months since the last time she got to see him and spend any real quality time. And Bloom understood that being crowned prince meant he was busy, but even Daphne made time for Thoren. 

Bloom fixed her hair in the hand held mirror that was floating in the air via magic. The gentle wind outside had rustled it out of place again and Bloom wanted to look perfect when she finally saw Sky again. 

"Stop worrying so much. You look perfect." Daphne said, strolling up to her with a gentle laugh. Immediately, her hands dropped from her hair and with a snap of her fingers behind her back, the mirror vanished, She smiled sheepishly at her sister, "Sorry. I'm a little nervous." 

Daphne placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. I get it." 

The two sisters stood in the extravagant garden of the Domino palace waiting for the ship carrying Sky on it to come. Daphne guided them over to a stone bench, "So what are your plans for the two of you?" Bloom gestured to the gazebo that stood in the center of the garden, many feet away from them. "A picnic here in the gardens. We haven't gotten to spend that much time together, so I opted to stay here instead of going out on the town." 

That was partially true. There was another reason to that had nothing to do with the amount of time they spent together. Originally, Bloom wanted to take him to the square where she and Daphne danced, and take him to get ice cream or a bite at the cafe, but then she realized that would run the risk of bumping in to Riven before she got to talk to him. 

It was known to everyone that Riven and Sky weren't exactly best friends, and Riven walking away from them all didn't help. Bloom knew that she needed to clear the air with Riven before anyone else reunited with him. Heck, with the way he acted last night, Bloom had a feeling he didn't even want to reunite with her. So who's to say he wants to catch up with anyone else? 

Granted she and Riven didn't exactly always see eye to eye.

Daphne's excited voice snapped her out of her thoughts, "Look he's here!"

Her head snapped up towards the blue sky where there was indeed a bright red ship coming closer and closer until it landed in the clearing. Bloom felt her heartbeat speed up as the doors slowly opened and revealed a head of blonde hair. 

Just not the one she was expecting.

"Diaspro!?" 

Disbelief was clear in her tone. 

Bloom blinked repeatedly until she was sure she wasn't just hallucinating. What was Diaspro doing here? Why was she on the Eraklyon ship? 

The blonde popped her hip out and waved, "Hello Bloom. I'm here on official business to deliver Prince Sky safely to Domino." Bloom narrowed her eyes at the fairy. Diaspro smirked at her, like she knew something Bloom didn't. Nonetheless, she stepped aside to reveal the blonde head she'd been anticipating.

"Sky!" 

Bloom launched herself into his arms, hugging him tightly, but he kept it brief and smiled down at her. "It's good to see you again Bloom." She buried her face in his chest. "Ditto. I've missed you so much."

She felt relieved. All of the nerves and doubts she had before suddenly melted away once his arms were around her. Finally, solid proof that he was figuratively and literally still by her side. She even felt a twinge of guilt for even having doubts. Bloom shook her head. Those didn't matter anymore. What mattered was that she and Sky were together, and that they'd finally get some quality time.

Bloom felt happiness bubble up inside her.

Then that peaceful bubble was shattered. Diaspro's coy voice spoke up, "Oh and Prince Sky don't forget you have to be back in an hour." 

Bloom's eyebrows shot up in surprise, "An hour? You were supposed to stay til the afternoon. We haven't seen each other in so long." Sky shifted uncomfortably. His blue eyes darted around before settling on her face. He left his arms on her elbows and squeezed gently. "I'm sorry. My dad doesn't want me away for very long."

Right. That was the reason he'd been so distant. Or at least that was the reason he'd always given her. 

Sky looked back at Diaspro and nodded, "See you in an hour."

Bloom watched as Diaspro stared at them for a moment longer before turning back. Soon the hovercraft closed its door and took off, back towards Eraklyon. With Diaspro in the back of her mind, she barely registered Daphne greeting Sky. 

"-couldn't make it. They wanted to greet you, but got stuck in a meeting." Sky chuckled and waved away her concern, "It's totally understandable. Please tell your parents its okay and thank them for the hospitality." 

Daphne smiled. "Of course. Now I'll let you and my sister have your fun." 

Daphne shot her a wink that caused Bloom to giggle. Sky smiled down at her and she relaxed once more. While her sister walked away, Bloom tugged him over to the gazebo. "C'mon. I have a picnic ready for us." 

Their going hands swung in between them while they made their way to the center of the gardens at a leisurely pace. "So... Diaspro?" 

Sky sighed, "I know you don't like her but it's hard to sway my parents. Let's not fight over her please?" There was a hint of desperation in his eyes, like he really wanted to avoid the subject. Possibly because it could develop into an argument, if not a fight. 

Bloom bit her lip. The last thing she wanted to do was to spend their precious time together in an argument. "Fine."

They reached the gazebo that Bloom had set up personally. There was a red and white checkered blanket and a nice large basket that held sandwiches and desserts. A bottle of champagne and two flutes stood next to it. Sky raised an amused eyebrow, "Champagne so early?" 

Bloom shrugged, "I figured we'd have something to drink and it's not like you can stay for dinner." Sky laughed and settled down on the blanket, and Bloom took a seat opposite of him. He immediately reached for the bottle and was quick to your them both a drink. She clinked her glass against his in cheers. He sat with one hand supporting him, but was facing her, and she mimicked his position.

His blonde hair fell slightly into his eyes, and his blue eyes were as crystal clear as ever. She took notice that he was in casual clothes. The same simple shirt and pants he wore whenever he was given off time at Red Fountain. 

"I've missed you." She told him again.

Sky sipped his drink, "Well, for an hour, I'm all yours." 

Together, the two talked the entire time, barely touching their food. Though, Bloom did most of the talking. Every time she tried to redirect the conversation back to him and Eraklyon he deflected or gave a small boring anecdote, claiming that all of his time where was boring and spent doing work. But Bloom didn't mind. So much had been going on with all their friends lately, and she was more than happy to relay all the stories to him. 

"I know the guys miss you too." Bloom added as an afterthought, "But don't tell them I said that. I'm sure they'll deny it." Sky laughed. He was sure that if he ever asked Brandon about it, his squire would vehemently deny everything. "I've missed them too. I get to talk to Brandon every once and awhile, but it's been a long time since I've seen he others." 

An idea popped into Bloom's mind causing her to beam at him, "Come to the back to school mixer! It's being hosted at Red Fountain this year, and everyone's going."

Sky pursed his lips, he obviously wasn't as ecstatic with the idea as Bloom had been. She quickly backtracked, "Or-or not. It was on a suggestion." Sky was quick to cover her hand with his and squeezed reassuringly. "No it's a great idea. I'll make sure to get away. Just text me the date and time and I promise I'll be there." 

Bloom looked into his blue eyes sadly, "Promise is a big word Sky." 

He squeezed her hand again. It was so much warmer and larger than than hers. The warmer part was slightly ironic considering she was the fairy of the dragon flame. His voice held conviction in them. "I know. And I'm promising to you that I'll be there whenever you need me. Plus it'll make up for our time being cut short today." 

She smiled at him and craned her neck for a short and sweet kiss.

Just as they pulled apart, she spotted a red dot that was slowly growing larger in the sky. Bloom frowned, "Looks like your time is up."Sky followed her gaze and tensed when he realized she was right. Slowly they stood and made their way back to the clearing where he landed earlier. 

She held on tightly to his hand. "Do you really have to go?" Sky nodded sadly, "Duty calls." 

The hovercraft landed safely and the door opened to reveal Diaspro once more. Her lips involuntary deepened downwards. Apparently Diaspro being there wasn't just a bad dream. Her voice cut through the peaceful air. "Oh Sky!" 

Bloom shut her eyes, took a deep breathe, and smiled at her boyfriend. Sky thumped his forehead against hers and looked her in the eye, "I'll see you soon." The happiness she felt earlier was quickly replaced by sadness. Too soon, it felt like he was being ripped away from her again. Sure they'd seen the last hour talking, but the rift between them didn't seem very repaired to Bloom. "Call me as soon as you land?"

"I will."

Slowly, he pulled away and made his way back to the ship where Diaspro greeted him with a comforting smile and a hand on the center of his back, throwing a smug smirk over her shoulder. Bloom swore it took all her power not to hurl something at her face. 

Bloom watched the hovercraft take off with a heavy heart, but she knew his leaving was inevitable. When she finally made her way back into the palace, she found her mom sitting in the library, turning the pages on a vaguely familiar large book. 

"What are you reading?" 

Marion glanced up at the sound of her daughter's voice. "Is Sky gone already? And looking at is a better term for it."

Bloom furrowed her brows with curiosity and inched closer to her mom. "Yeah he had to retry to Eraklyon." Then the exact book Marion was looking at came into view and Bloom grinned, "How did you get that?" 

Marion smiled sheepishly, looking slightly guilty. "I went to Earth to visit your earth parents and asked if they had any pictures of you. The y showed me this scrapbook and via magic, I had an exact copy made, so I can see everything."

In her hands was a copy of the scrapbook her mom, Vanessa, had made for her. There were photos of her as a baby to present time, and a few even included the Winx. 

Bloom laughed at the next photos that we're in a sequence, telling a story. "That was during Christmas. I was around fifteen at the time." In the first photo her face was flush against the box that her dad stabbed with holes. She was peaking curiously in, and finally opened it, only to have Kiko jump up and in her face. Bloom had been sos cared by the live bunny that she'd jumped almost as high as he did. 

The pair of them continued to flip through pages. Bloom continued to tell funny and happy stories that accompanied each picture, but she flinched when they neared the end of the book and there was a page with a single photo.

It was a large one that dominated the center of the page, and Bloom's eyes were immediately drawn to the wide smile on her face and the matching one on Sky. This was a few years ago when they'd just uncovered their Believix powers. Times were troubling back then, but their relationship was so much clearer and simpler. 

Bloom distracted herself by taking in the rest of the group. All of them had grown up and their faces matured. Other than that, they were the same amazing people she'd always known. Bloom smiled sadly when her eyes landed on Nabu. He was taken from them too soon, and she knew that they all still missed him. 

Then her eyes were drawn to the guy standing on Nabu's right, a familiar magenta haired brooding specialist, who managed to smile at the camera which was most likely for Masa's sake. 

Their meeting flooded her mind again. And it finally hit her that she was seeing him again, today, at six. That was only a few hours away. Part of her regret letting him get away last night. He made it clear that their encounter was unwanted, and Bloom could tell he wasn't ecstatic about having another. Sure he promised to return, but who knows if he'd actually keep it. The only thing Bloom could do now was show up and hope Riven would return too.

* * *

WOW IT'S BEEN AWHILE!

How are you? I've missed you guys, and I promise I'm not dead. Though I'm sure that my long absence sure made it seem like I was. I'll try to update soon, because you all deserve it so much. 

Now I know this chapter was a bit bland but I'm kind of getting back into my writing groove. I promise the next one will be better. I also know this one doesn't have Riven in it, but it's getting there. Just stick around for the next chapter ;) And DIASPRO IS BACK! MWAHAHAHA (my evil laugh, cringe I know.) Can't wait for you to see what comes next.

Also if there are many mistakes please go easy on me I'm writing this at  2:04 am because I have no other time. Yeah, senior year on zoom was definitely not what I was expecting but I'm making it work lol. 

Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment! If you're feeling extra generous please vote and share. 

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you stick around!

Much love,

magicath

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

181K 2.1K 38
Bloom was just a normal 20 year old with the perfect life-she has a home and a fiancée, Sky, whom she lived with, loved, and will be married to in 2...
13.3K 264 23
Musa has completed her studies in Alfea and is happily engaged to Riven. The young music fairy dreams of a quiet life with her boyfriend, her family...
2.4K 108 6
𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐍𝐄 is found unconscious at the barrier by Bloom, who had been hearing a voice call for help for months. Somehow, the girl had survived the...
46.1K 1.2K 47
Magix's biggest threat, the Trix, were finally defeated once and for all by the powerful Winx. Five years later, they all got children to look after...