The Adjacent Room [h.s]

By alanah-

For the last four years, Sophie has been a loyal assistant to the famous Harry Styles. The relationship is st... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
THE SEQUEL

Chapter 14

36.5K 488 206
By alanah-

Nothing feels real right now. I'm living in a reality I was so certain wouldn't ever exist. I have needed him like I need air, and now I know he needed me too. All this time when I couldn't breathe he was right there to give me oxygen, but I just hadn't figured it out yet.

Without any warning, Harry leans forward and kisses me again. I want to do everything and nothing, because there's so much lost time that we have forever to make up for. I think I just want to be beside him at all times of the day. 

Harry reaches his hands to hold my cheeks, and I feel him smile when I lace my fingers through his perfect hair. This feeling will never get old and it will never be enough, no matter how many times it happens. I can't process that this is real. That we are here, in some random hotel room in a foreign country, and every word I've ever wanted to hear has just been said.

There is so much that we need to talk about and questions I want to ask. What happened on this date? Why was he crying during Fine Line? What this means professionally and where we want to go from here, but I don't care about anything other than the way it feels to be curled into him and know that the emotions swirling in me are swirling in him too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to arms wrapped around me, and Harry's body pressed against mine. This time, I know straight away who it is, but there's a second when I can't process why I'm in this position. But, then I remember everything that happened last night, and I let myself sink into his arms. There's one arm wrapped around my waist, and with my free hand I trace the eagle on the other. It's actually very pretty and more intricate than I thought now that it's close up.

Harry has an interview for a local radio station today. Once we leave this room I'm going to go back to just being his assistant, at least in front of the public, and I want to savour every moment here before I get hit with reality.

He starts stirring in his sleep, and lets out a soft sound while his head falls into my mess of hair.

'Good morning' he says, the sound muffled in my hair. 'I felt you touching my tattoo.' He adds in. I can tell he's smiling, and that makes me smile. I should be embarrassed that he felt my touch, but I'm not. 

'Definitely not.' I laugh. This is all so wildly different from everything we've ever done before, but we've fallen into this like it's natural. Second nature, and maybe it is. 'I was just thinking about how we're going to have to go back to normal once we leave this room.' I hope that my assumption we aren't going to tell everyone just yet doesn't offend him.

'Yeah. We can tell them now, if you want..but I think I like the idea of this just being ours for now. Sometimes it feels like, I guess like everyone knows everything about me. But it's up to you.' He says. He's always so kind and accommodating to me, even when he has a say in what we choose to do.

'There's so much we need to talk about and I don't want to figure it out yet. It gets too complicated when all these people want to weigh in on your life, and I just want this to be for us, for now..I think.' There are so many questions about what this means for my job and what this means when the public finds out, but my brain doesn't always work properly when I'm around Harry and I don't want to think about it right now.

'I love that idea.' He says, smiling into me again. I can tell he's about to get out of bed and I wish that he wouldn't, but there's things to do today. He gives me a kiss on the cheek and gets out of bed, stretching so I can see the leaves on his lower stomach.

It's only 8am now and neither of us have slept much, but it's impossible to feel that.

'I don't have clothes here..oh, actually I have nothing in here.' He says, realising that we're in my room.

'It looks like you're going to have to get out of here then.' I sarcastically remark. I would much rather he doesn't leave, but we need to leave in an hour and a half for this 10am interview.

'I will get out.' He shoots back with a grin. I blow him a sarcastic kiss, and he catches it in the air, and slips it into the pocket of his sweats. 'See you later Brophie.' He smiles, strolling out of the room and closing the door. Brophie? What the hell?

'Get back in here Harry!' I shout, while practically speed walking out of the door to catch up to him. When I finally reach him, he's nearly at the elevator.

'Harry! Turn around! Should I just call you Barry now?' This whole situation is amusing me, but where on earth did Brophie come from?

Finally, he turns around once we're both standing at the door of the elevator. I'm still in my pyjamas and Harry is in his clothes from last night. I think I might be acting like some crazed fan, barefoot chasing after him in the hallway like this.

'Brophie, because you're my bro.' He says with a smirk. It's a strange moment to think it, but I love him so much. I'm not sure if it's his smirk or his new spin on my name or his accent or just his presence, but I just really love him. Always have and always will.

He snaps me out of my trance by kissing me. He puts so much love into it that I never want to pull away, but the opening of the elevator doors beside us cuts my thoughts short.

'Oh my fucking god. I knew it!' Shit. I know that voice. It's Charlotte. So much for keeping this to ourselves. I look up beside me to see Harry, who's got a very nervous smile on his face. How do I even explain this?

'I was going to come up and ask if you're free to come to lunch with Mitch and I today, but it looks like you're otherwise occupied.' This is so embarrassing.

'No..well, I am..free. Harry has an interview but..we'll..I'll be free by 11.' I can't even get the words out. This is not what was supposed to happen.

'This is so funny..oh my god Mitch and Adam are going to win that fucking bet! Meet us in the lobby at 12 and I'll find somewhere to go. Bring Harry too. There's a lot we need to discuss.' She is full on grinning now. This is so awkward, and I haven't even told Harry about the bet. It wasn't like I was hiding it from him, but how was I supposed to tell my boss that there's bets on when we're getting together?

With that, she closes the elevator doors and disappears.

'Is there a bet? What bet is she talking about?' He queries.

'Oh..well..they..they placed bets on when they thought we would..get together.' I sheepishly say. Everything was going so well, and I can't handle the idea of Harry being upset at me for not telling him.

'And Mitch too? That ass!' He laughs, and I'm so glad he's not upset.

Once Harry leaves for his room, I walk back to mine in a Harry fueled daze. I haven't even had time to process everything that he said to me last night. Harry makes it so easy to fall in love with him, he never had to try and my heart was his from the day I met him. His hold grew every moment I spent with him, and it was so tight that it started sinking me. I guess that every part of his heart and mind are so attractive, it was so easy to be drawn to him, even when I did everything I could to pretend I wasn't. I have spent the last 4 years living my life never feeling fully whole, but trying to fill the empty places with other people and other distractions, and now I'm full for the first time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Sophie! Harry! How was the radio show?' Charlotte excitedly asks, with Mitch standing very close beside her. Is this what I think it is? Luckily Charlotte's big mouth hasn't spilled anything about this morning yet, but who knows if she's already told Mitch.

'It was pretty good, the Australian radio shows are always better than most.' Harry says, smiling. It hits me at this moment that the Harry I've seen in the last few days pales compared to the Harry beside me now. I didn't notice it at the time, but his face was shadowed in a hidden pain that I was too broken to pick up on. His body is full of life again, and I want to grab him and hold him to me forever.

Before long, Charlotte links her arm through mine and pulls us to walk in front of the boys on our way to the car she must have organised. Charlotte seems to have a knack for organising transport.

'So..you and Harry! What is that all about?' She asks, gleaming at the idea of this juicy gossip.

'I..well honestly, I don't know. It sort of just happened last night.' I love Charlotte and I know she would never judge me, but I want to keep the rest of the story for just me and Harry to know. There's so much of Harry's life that is broadcasted and photographed and reported on, and I want this little piece of it to just stay with him and I.

'Wow! I guess I saw this coming, but I didn't think so soon! Honestly, I'm happy for you. You two always make eachother so happy. Do you know what this means for you two work-wise?' Charlotte is being so supportive, and I'm so glad she is so kind and understanding. I already know when people start finding out there's going to be backlash, but I'm glad Charlotte doesn't feel that way.

'Thank you! That really means a lot. I've thought about it a lot and I don't know. I guess I just want to focus on now and not worry about what this means for us professionally, you know? Anyway, enough about me. How are you?'

'I get that. I'm sure it will all fall into place. And I actually wanted to talk to you about something. Now you're the relationship expert and all.' Charlotte is always so confident, and her sudden response with the hint of nervousness tells me that this is serious.

'Of course, anything you want.' I respond. We've made it to the car now, and I can tell she doesn't want to say anything in front of the boys, or she wouldn't have spoken so quietly.

'Tell me later.' I smile at her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 120 10
When her friend takes her to a New Year's Eve party, Sophie meets the love of her life. Though things aren't really going too well for awhile, she ma...
295 6 42
"THEN WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU CHEAT ON ME? Did you find Taylor girl prettier than me? You know what? I poured my heart out to you telling you how my h...
107K 2.1K 63
Sometimes you feel a connection with someone so strong, that it's almost like you're crashing into them. Joselyn Myers knows the feeling well, liter...
49.9K 779 51
Dana Mitchell is a young agent who had solved cases and has an unlikely huge crush on Harry Styles, one of the five members of One Direction. When Ha...