This Could End

By kissmyredlips

The S #4 Kaia Persephone Ziegler is an actress, not just by profession but also in real life. After all, she... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Four

20.8K 1K 182
By kissmyredlips

I knew I being was weak and selfish but I just... couldn't let him go yet.

I knew very well that this thing between us was temporary but that wasn't enough for me to give him up . So I chose to buy us more time. To the hell with that movie role. I could get another. They could probably even blackmail me out of every role but I would still... choose him.

Acting used to be my escape. It was my safe haven. The craft made me happy. It used to be the only thing in my life that was mine but then Hadeon came and he gave me everything that acting gave me... and even more.

Hanggang sa kaya ko siyang hawakan, hindi ko siya bibitawan. I was being greedy. I was being unfair to him, too. If I was a good person, I would have let him go... but I never claimed to be good.

"Hobby mo talaga ako bigyan ng sakit ng ulo," bungad ni Mama Ton pagkadating na pagkadating ko sa private room ng isang restaurant.

I playfully pouted my lips and sat on the vacant chair beside his. "But it makes your job challenging and fun."

"Sino nagsabi na gusto kong ma-challenge?" mataray na sagot ni Mama Ton. "Halos mabaliw ako kagabi sa text mo na hindi mo tatanggapin ang movie role pagkatapos hindi mo pa sinagot ang tawag ko, bruha ka."

"Kasi alam kong pagsasabihan mo lang ako."

"Buti naman alam mo," ismid niya. "Anong sasabihin natin sa kanila ngayon? Na hindi mo lang feel ang role? Ang babaw, Kaia."

"Natin? You made me come here to tell them myself," I grumbled.

"Dapat lang ikaw magpaliwanag! Desisyon mo 'yan kaya bahala ka."

Hindi na ako sumagot dahil paniguradong hindi matatatapos ang pagtatalo naming dalawa.

After informing him that I was rejecting the movie role, he flooded me with messages and then called me non-stop before leaving me alone with a message that I had to tell the bosses myself, the very reason why we were here in this restaurant for a lunch meeting.

Ma'am Faith and Sir Noel arrived at the same time. They were all smiles when they saw me. Mama Ton and I stood up to acknowledge their presence.

"Kaia, it's always a pleasure to see you," Ma'am Faith said as I gave her an air kiss on the cheek. "I was so surprised when I received a message from Ton last night that you wanted to discuss something."

I laughed a bit. "Sorry po that I had to ask you come all the way here."

"It's fine. We all know that you have your taping so we have to meet near the location," sagot ni Ma'am Faith.

"We just hope na good news ang sasabihin mo," nakatawang sabi ni Sir Noel. I just smiled in response.

Mama Ton awkwardly laughed and clapped his hands together. "Medyo gutom na ako. Should we ask the staff to serve the food?"

He already ordered our food for us ahead of time to make the meeting brief. Lalo na at kailangan ko pang bumalik sa set.

"I heard Kaia's schedule for the next days will be extra hectic?" Ma'am Faith asked to set the mood.

"Super, Madam. Nagsimula na sila sa first phase ng post-prod. After a week, may schedule sa studio si Kaia for recording. By the end of September, magiging busy na sa promotions. Mall shows and guestings. Iyon ang inaasikaso ko sa ngayon."

"The pilot episode will air October, right?" tanong ni Sir Noel.

Tumango si Mama Ton. "October 3. Prime time slot."

"How long will this series run again?" Sir Noel asked.

"5 months," si Ma'am Faith na ang sumagot. "But season 2 is already under development."

"Already?" gulat na tanong ni Sir Noel. I was caught off guard, too.

"Of course. They don't need to see the actual performance of the teleserye to decide on that." Ma'am Faith heartily laughed and looked at me. "You look so surprised, Kaia. We're talking about you here. Wala ka pang project na nag-flop."

"Nagulat lang po ako na may planong season 2. I wasn't informed po. That's all," nakangiti kong sagot.

"You didn't tell her, Ton?" lumingon si Ma'am Faith sa manager ko.

"I only inform Kaia when a project is a done deal, Madam," sagot ni Mama Ton.

"Oh, trust me. This is a done deal. The script is in the works and they already planned for a lock in taping in a resort in Pagudpud."

"That's great news!" tuwang-tuwa na sambit ni Sir Noel.

They were both so drunk in serotonin that I wasn't if it was a good thing or not. Would it make them more amenable to my news or would it crash their spirits harder?

"Your schedule will never clear up. Lalo na at may paparating kang movie project," Sir Noel commented.

Naglaho ang ngiti ko dahil doon. I glanced at Mama Ton but he only grabbed the glass of water in front of him and drank.

Huminga ako nang malalim at mag-uumpisa na sana sa sasabihin nang bumukas ang pinto. Two servers entered the room. Ang isa ay may dalang trolley at ang isa naman ay may dalawang malaking covered tray na hawak.

Our conversation was completely halted as the servers set the dishes and drinks on the table. It gave me the time to settle my nerves. I thought breaking the news would be easy but the delay made me realize that I was still human who'd get anxious over stressful situations.

"Let's eat?" Mama Ton rhetorically announced.

They asked about how Mama Ton discovered the restaurant and started diving right in to the food. Nagsimula na rin ako sa pagkain habang humahanap ng timing para sa sasabihin ko.

"Mabalik tayo. What's the update on the movie project?" Ma'am Faith asked, giving me the opening I needed.

Mama Ton cleared his throat. "I already gave the script to Kaia for her review."

Ma'am Faith was still all smiles as she asked, "How was the script?"

Uminom muna ako ng tubig at matapos ay huminga nang malalim. "That's actually the reason why I asked to meet with you."

"Oh. So you've decided?"

I bit my lip. "I'm not going to accept the role po."

Bumalot ang pagkagulo sa mukha ni Ma'am Faith. Hindi naman maipinta ang mukha ni Sir Noel. Wala na ang bakas ng pagiging good mood nila kanina.

"Why not? Hindi ba maganda ang script?" medyo umangat na ang tono ni Ma'am Faith.

"The script is great," I lied even though I haven't read the script. "I just couldn't connect to the character."

"You're a professional actress, Kaia, I'm sure you can pretend that you're connected to the character," seryosong sabi ni Sir Noel.

"I'm not just acting po. I care about my craft and I need to feel the connection between the role that I'm taking, otherwise I won't be able to give my best performance."

"We respect that, Kaia, but this is a big project," Ma'am Faith's tone was stern now. She transferred her gaze to my manager. "Ton, what is this?"

"Madam..." Mama Ton looked miserable. I almost felt bad kasi naiipit na naman siya dahil sa akin. "Alam mo naman ang alaga ko, she's very meticulous about these things."

"You also know Direk Via. Sobrang matampuhin 'yon. For sure she will be so disappointed." Ma'am Faith scowled, not hiding her displeasure.

Buntonghininga lang ang naging sagot ni Mama Ton.

"This is such a huge project, Kaia. We can ask for better terms if that will help convince you into taking the role," Sir Noel offered.

"No po. Thank you. I'm aware of the budget and what this movie could achieve but my decision is absolute."

"My God," singhap ni Ma'am Faith at uminom ng tubig. "This is so disappointing."

"I'm very disappointed, too. Rejecting their offer after knowing how much they want you for the role... this will offend them so much. They'll think that you have a big ego and you're looking down on them," Sir Noel sourly explained.

"I'm sorry po," I finally said.

"I love you, Kaia but I have to be honest. I'm extremely displeased with you right now."

I felt bad for disappointing them but I wasn't gonna apologize again, so I chose to shut up.

The lunch ended on a bad note. Sir Noel and Ma'am Faith remained cold and distant the whole lunch and even after it ended. Mabuti na lang at saglit lang ang meeting na 'yon. It was so uncomfortable.

Hindi na ako pinagalitan o sinisi pa ni Mama Ton. He just comforted me by saying that they would eventually get over it. At siya na ang bahala magbalita sa Blue House ngayong araw na hindi namin tatanggapin ang role.

On the ride back to my taping, I brought out my phone and opened the latest text I got from an unknown number.

Me:
It's done.

I waited a few minutes, expecting a reply. I relaxed when I didn't get any.

🍷🍷🍷

"Welcome back! Ikaw na ang sasalang after fifteen minutes," bungad ni Darcy pagkapasok ko sa dressing room.

Tumango ako at nagsimula ng maghubad para makapagpalit ng outfit. Kumilos agad si Lane para iabot sa akin ang isusuot. Lavish designer clothes that were fitting to my character.

"Nasabi nga pala sa amin ni Mama Ton yung tungkol sa movie, Seph," simula ni Darcy. "Tinanggihan mo raw?"

I nonchalantly nodded while putting on the clothes. "Yup."

"Sayang naman! Malaking production 'yon 'di ba?" inosenteng tanong ni Jai.

"Yes, girl. Daming artists na gustong mag-audition para sa lead role. I heard Asia wanted the role badly."

"Tapos si Seph ang gusto pero tinanggihan lang ni Seph," hagikgik ni Jai.

"Bakit mo nga ba tinanggihan, Seph?" tanong ni Lane at lumapit sa akin para pasadahan ng kamay ang suot ko.

"I didn't connect with the role so I thought I wouldn't be able to give it justice," I replied with my rehearsed line.

"Tapos yung mga gustong mag-audition, they only want it because it's going to be a big movie. Iba talaga kapag passionate sa craft nila," Darcy commented.

"Baka multi-award winning actress yern?" nakatawang sabi ni Jai.

Ngumisi na lang ako at umupo na sa vanity chair. "Just retouch my makeup, Jai."

Hindi nagtagal ay tinawag din ako mula sa dressing room para sa sunod na scene ko. Kasama si Rowan kaya hindi na ako nagtaka nang makita siya sa gitna ng set.

"You okay?" those were Rowan's first words to me as soon as I approached him.

I frowned. "Mukha ba akong hindi okay?"

"Sungit pa rin," halakhak ni Rowan. "My manager heard from your manager..."

I instantly knew he was talking about the lunch meeting I had and the role that I rejected. I sighed. I thought that the lunch meeting ended that narrative but I guess not.

"My manager should stop telling you things," I grumbled.

"Why did you..." He looked around as if to check if anyone was listening then he lowered his voice down, "Why did you reject the role? Ang sayang."

"You're only saying that 'cos you lost your sure ticket into getting in the movie," I retorted.

Napatawa si Rowan. "Obvious ba? But seriously though, it's such a waste. Hindi mo ba nagustuhan ang script?"

I fed him with the same line that I told everyone else, "The script is good. I just couldn't connect to the lead role."

"I get that." He nodded and understanding flashed on his face. In a matter of seconds, mischief fell on his face. "Still wish you accepted the role for me though."

Umirap na lang ako bilang sagot at natawa naman siya.

The taping surprisingly ended on time despite the fact that I didn't have a scheduled taping tomorrow and it was my day off. They usually extend but tonight wasn't the case.

Thank God for it though. After the anxiety that I had felt for the entire week, all I wanted was to go home and fall asleep while being spooned by Hades.

I brought out my phone as soon I was in the comfort of the vehicle. My smile was up in an instant when I saw a text from him.

Hades:
Go to this address after your taping.

That message was followed by a link for the location. I opened it and saw the name of the place. The Purple Owl. I never heard of it.

Hades knew we couldn't be seen in public so I didn't have to point it out again. I was sure he had something planned.

I had backed out from the film just like what my blackmailer wanted. Maybe we could let loose for a while.

I asked my driver to drop me off to the place. He looked dubious when I told him that he didn't need to wait for me or come back to pick me up but he didn't probe.

Wala akong nakitang ibang tao sa labas pero nagsuot pa rin ako ng itim na face mask para makasigurado.

I would have thought it was a private property if it wasn't for the signage in front. It was a tall house with brown bricks and a wide front yard. That was all I could comment on because it was a bit dark.

Sinabihan na ako ni Hades na dumeretso lang ako sa loob kaya hindi na ako nag-abalang kumatok o doorbell. The big ass door was unlocked.

I immediately saw Hadeon leaning by the wall as soon as I opened the door. I couldn't help but smile because I knew he had been waiting for me.

"Hey," he greeted with his handsome grin and made his way to me.

He grabbed my face mask and brought it down. He leaned down to kiss me but I was quick to block his face. I looked around and brought my mask back up.

"Someone might see," I whispered.

He laughed. "Baby, we're all alone."

I rolled my eyes. "What is this place anyway?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Hmm... Let me think."

"You trust me," siya na ang sumagot. He held my shoulder and turned me so my back was on him.

"What-" Naputol ang sasabihin ko nang takpan niya ang mga mata ko gamit ang isang kamay.

"Let's go." He chuckled and squeezed my shoulder to urge me to walk.

I went along with what he wanted to do. I was smart enough to conclude that he prepared a surprise for me.

"Here, baby." Hades squeezed my shoulder again to stop me from walking. Sinunod ko naman agad. "Ready?"

Napangiti ako. "Yes."

He kissed my ear before unconvering my eyes.

My lips parted. I stepped closer to the railing of the stairs and took my time processing what was in front of me.

The first thing that stood out was the big white screen standing in the middle of a beautiful backyard below hs. Fairy lights hanged across the place and lit up the dark.

There were sheets placed on the grass and pillows strew over it. A small table was on the center which was perfectly set with two plates in covered by silver cloches, a bucket with a bottle of wine, and small candles.

The whole setting looked so romantic. It was like stepping into a movie set. It was my first time to be surprised this way.

"You like it?" Hades asked after a while.

I turned to look at him. "What is this for?"

He licked his lips. "You seemed distracted these past days... I wanted to do something to make you happy."

He noticed but he never asked, instead he just thought of a way to make me feel better.

I quickly closed our distance and wrapped my arms around Hades. I pressed my face against his chest and squeezed his body tight.

"Thank you," I murmured.

He chuckled. "So you do like it?"

I shook my head and looked up to search for his eyes. He gazed down at me.

"I love it," I somberly stated.

Naglaho ang ngiti ni Hades sa sinabi ko. Umuwang ang mga labi niya. His stare dropped to my lips. It didn't take him long to slowly lean in. My eyes closed in anticipation of his kiss.

They could all say that I missed a lifetime opportunity, that it was such a waste and I was a big disappointment.

I don't care. For him, going to hell would be worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 111K 43
Cliché? Yun yung good girl meets her prince charming, they both fall in love, the antagonist comes along, here comes the up rise, problem solved then...
3M 77.3K 18
OLD SUMMER TRILOGY #2 Being the niece of the volleyball team's coach, Alia is hired to design the uniforms of the players. Seven, who has had a crush...
3.9M 104K 45
Sometimes, you do crazy things for the one you love. No matter how mean or absurd it is, gagawin mo pa rin. Kahit na magmukha kang masama. Kahit na s...
3.9M 119K 44
WARNING (!) THIS STORY CONTAINS MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, TYPOS AND LOOPHOLES. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A PERFECTIONIST. YOU ARE BEING WARNED.