Letting go of pain

By Gracejenniferanne

Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
chapter 71
Chapter 72
extra chapter (73)
extra chapter (74 )
finale

Chapter 32

96.3K 2.4K 833
By Gracejenniferanne

weights being lifted 

when we got home, Luke set up a massive tv in my room and the boys gathered snacks and a bunch of junk food. So my room has lost the privilege of being my bedroom and is now the new hangout spot apparently. Because now I am currently squashed in my bed with Bruno, Luke, Alex and Milo. Louis wanted to do something with Dad or something apparently 'they had some important business that 'needed' to be attended too. It sounded pretty serious and they almost sounded angry about it so I didn't question it. In times like these, I wish my brothers were small and tiny like me. But no! they have to be buff muscular tall twats who take over the whole FLIPPING bed. I am practically laying on top Bruno and Luke, it is quite comfortable, surprisingly but I would never tell them that. Like I said they are living teddy bears. Luke currently has his arm snaked around my waist while I lean my head back on his chest. Bruno and Milo are currently fighting over what movie to watch at the moment and by looking over to my left at Alex I could see that he is far from impressed. "No, we should watch the avengers"! Bruno exclaims dramatically.

"What are you, five"! Milo mocks.

"no, but maybe you should ask yourself that".

"hmm suuuuure then so we should watch zombie land".

"and you call me five"!

"at least my movie isn't about superheroes who magically fly in the air and 'save the day'".

"what". Bruno spits humorously. "and you think a movie about zombies is better"?

"ENOUGH" Alex's ragging voice startles me and apparently Luke as well because he jumped as well. "We will let Breanna pick a movie". My ears peak up and my eyes glisten with excitement. Milo and Bruno click their tongues in distaste and grumbles things under their breath leaning back on my headboard. Milo hands me the remote and I then start scrolling through movies on stan. "She is probably going to pick some girly chick flick or Disney". Milo teases. My cheeks flush with embarrassment I was planning to pick a Disney. What can I say I am a child at heart. I feel myself sink into Luke's arms and then I quickly pass the remote to Alex. "It's ok". I mutter sheepishly giving the boys an apologetic look. Milo now looks apologetic and guilt is flashed across his face. "No, I was joking piccolo topo I am very sorry". Well, that is a new nickname. His voice was so sincere and he gave me a reassuring smile as well as the others. "ok thankyou stinky pinkie". I smile cheekily beaming as I now scrolled through the kid section happily. Alex snorted and the others snickered. "What the hell! Stinky pinkie"? Milo looks disgusted as his face was all scrunched up. "Yes, I can smell your icky feet from here! when is the last time you showered"? I asked in all seriousness but cheekiness mocked my voice. The others all snickered but then pinched their noses when they smelt what I was exclaiming.

"That is nasty bro".

"You take your nasty ass feet to Switzerland".

"That nearly smells worst than your room bro".

"I feel so attacked". Milo gasped putting a hand over his heart dramatically. "well I feel scarred for life". I said while pinching my nose trying my best to not smell the nastiness. The boys all laughed and Milo grumbled things under his breath as we all made him put socks on. "this has to count as bullying". Was the only thing I heard him say which made me roll my eyes. "No what is bullying Is smelling that". I said while pointing to his feet. "Your mean sis". He narrowed his eyes at me. "Yeah, but what can I say I just love to tease my little stinky pinkie". I teased pinching his cheeks while giggling. "I am not little". Was all he said which makes us all burst into laughter.

After much protest from Milo and Bruno, I chose to watch the bee movie. Another childhood favourite of mine. It always reminded me of da-Johns nickname for me. "Hey, piccolo". I turned to Alex expecting him to ask if we can change the movie. "I was going to ask this back at the clinic but-how did you get those stitches"? I felt the rest of the boys tense up and stared at me intensely. He was talking about the deep large gash on my stomach that I stitched up myself after Margaret stabbed me. "I stitched it". I said bluntly not looking at Alex or the others but just focussing on the screen. "How did you learn how to do that? And... how did you get it"? I sighed heavily and shifted uncomfortably with my arm in my sling. "well to answer your first question you learn how to take care after yourself after a while and I read books. But for your second question, she stabbed me". I shrugged not caring anymore about hiding anything. I didn't have to say who or how they seemed to understand as their eyes grew impossibly darker flowing into the darkest colour you would see in the deepest darkest coldest seas. Alex or the others didn't say anything after that and we just enjoyed the movie. Well, I enjoyed the movie...I am not sure about the others. 

"dad! DAD! DADDY"! I screamed as I entered the house with large tear streams falling down my face. Dad rushed out of the kitchen frantically going over to me. his face paled and his eyes darkened when he saw my now black eye. He kneeled down the ground and pulled me into a big mother bear hug. "oh my poor baby girl". He whispered with sadness. He pulled out and held me sternly with his hands on my shoulders. "what happened". A loud ball formed in my throat and I choked out a large sob. "Mandy and her friends. I-I did what you said and just ignored her and was the bwigger person. B-but she punched me". The last bit came more like a cry. I had struggled with bullying for a while. They always pick on me because apparently my clothes are nice enough and that I was 'poor'. But I didn't think 7 years old worried about but apparently they did. Because every day she picks on me because of my 'real parents', looks, finance, house and grades. Mandy is horrible. She rips and tears my homework and teases me as well as pushes me anytime she gets.

"That's it". dad growls I stare at him wide-eyed. "I am talking to the principles those bloody brats will not get away with hurting my bumble bee". He spits making me surprised by his tone and words. dad is always so calm and always cracking jokes. It's not very often you catch him being remotely serious let alone angry. But now he looks enraged and ready to set fire in hell. "But dad you promised". I glared at him the best I could narrowing my chocolate eyes to his light blue ones. He sighed heavily and kissed the top of my head. "I know baby, but this has gone to far. I will not stand and watch not doing anything while my little girl is getting hurt". Tears dwell up in my eyes and I form a large pout my bottom lip quivering. "oh baby". He muttered sadly picking me up as he stands up. "You used a bad word". I mumbled not really caring but feeling a need to say it. he chuckles and kisses my forehead. "oh gosh I love you bumble bee, never change". He orders me his voice hard and stern. I giggle and poke my tongue at him cheekily. "Oh god, you will be the death of me". he whines throwing me into the air earing a loud squeal and giggles from me.

He smiles at me then holds me as if he was carrying a baby. "now that is the smile I love to see on my little bumblebee". I smile warmly at him and he kisses my nose. "how about I make you some bumblebee pancakes and we practice some new sheet music". I clap my hands excitedly which earns him laugh warm-heartedly. "never grow up". He orders me. which is an order that he 'gives' me every day. Which I find odd as It is unavoidable. But nothing less I agree to make him happy. I love my dad to bits I wouldn't trade him for anything in this world. He is able to make me forget about all my worries and fears in an instant. Like he has some sort of superpower or something. He is the only person in this world who can me laugh and smile even on the gloomiest and darkest days. And I love him unconditionally for that. I don't know what I would possibly do without him.

For he is my rock and I am his sun.

For that was his words. 

a/n; hello just wanted to say a big fat thank you for everyone who is reading my story! I just want to say sorry for any errors you may or have come across as some of it is unedited and I am no way a professional author as I am just in high school :)!  

so thank you!!! and I honestly love hearing all of your comments it makes my day. I love you all! 

btw just a quick question. what do you guys honestly think about the new cover or do you prefer the old one? 

John Carmon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.5K 32
"𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗻 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Up...
1.3M 25.4K 47
⚠️𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗜𝗦 𝗠𝗬 𝗢𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗞. 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗡𝗢 𝗖𝗢𝗣𝗜𝗘𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘𝟭𝗪𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗥. 𝗪𝗘'𝗩𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗠𝗔�...
1.3M 33K 63
Lucy is a 16-year-old girl. She is kind and hard-working. Her mother died when she was 10 years old and left her in the care of her stepfather. He is...
210K 4K 35
||Completed Story|| Amara D'Angelo. A strong and beautiful girl. With not many weaknesses, not much can break her. Untill the moment when her mom did...