The Gunpowder Blade

By kaedehara_kenichi

I've been wanting to do this for a while. Here it is, a Kinon fanfic. After Asuna left Japan to marry someone... More

What Happened?
Edge Of Death
Mixed Feelings
Behind Closed Doors
A Date?!
Acceptance
Lesser Evil
End Of The Beginning
Hi! (Q&A)
Missing In Action
Fateful Words
Author's Note
The Legend's Homecoming
To Be And Not To Be
The Way You Remind Me
The Gunpowder Blade
Floor By Floor
Expect The Unexpected
Is It Really Over
A Reason To Live
I Made A Promise
Windows To The Soul
A Normal World
Epilogue

Give Me A Reason

226 8 2
By kaedehara_kenichi

***

Hey Familia of the Closet! I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. Sorry I'm uploading as often as I used to. I just don't have as much time on my hands as I used to. Anyway, thanks for reading. Love you!

-Seijirou

***

(Kazuto)

I looked a the floor with the same shameful face I had when she first admitted she had feelings for me. I think Suguha remembered because she immediately hugged me. 

"Listen, I don't care that you didn't tell me. As long as you're okay." Suguha whispered. 

"But, just a second ago, you said-" I tried to argue. 

"I don't care about that anymore. I figured you'd know by now that girls change their mind a lot." She stroked my head, attempting to comfort me. I sighed in defeat and hugged her back. She let me go and sat on her bed. I sat next to her. She placed her head on my shoulder. "I don't care that you didn't tell me. I'm just upset that you didn't do anything about her. But I do want to know one thing. What did she do? Apparently, she took a step to far." 

"She..." I hesitated. "She made a joke out of SAO. Like it was just a game. When it wasn't."

"Oh." Suguha looked down.

"I'm sorry." I said. She suddenly hugged me again.

"It's fine." She replied. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I got up and walked to the door. Suguha followed. Grandma and Grandpa were in their room with the door closed. It seems like they didn't hear the bell. I opened the door and saw the delivery man next to a long box, about 3 and a half feet long. He was also holding a smaller box. 

"Are you Kazuto Kirigaya?" The man asked. I nodded. "Sign here please." He pointed to the line at the bottom of the paper connected to the clipboard. He extended his pen to me. I took it and rapidly signed my signature on the paper. 

"Thank you." I said, he then handed me the box. I grabbed onto the other box before it fell. He walked back to his truck and drove away. 

"What are these?" Suguha asked. I handed her the long box. She could barely hold it. "Really... heavy..." 

"Come on." I gestured for her to follow me to my room. Once we arrived, I placed the small box on the bed. I then took the box from Suguha who was panting and placed it on the bed as well. "What the hell is in that?" I reached into my bag and pulled out a stylish Stiletto knife, releasing the blade. I slit the tape across the top of the box. Once the box started to open, I could feel a tear slide down my cheek. 

"You ready?" I half-whispered. 

"Sure. Are you alright?" She asked. I nodded and pulled out an obscure black object wrapped in bubble wrap. I slowly unwrapped it and placed the long item on the bed. 

"I ordered these to this house a couple days ago." I said. I picked up the object. It was a sharp replica of my Elucidator from Sword Art Online. "This is my sword, from SAO." Suguha's jaw dropped at the gorgeous design of the jet black monster of a blade. I leisurely pulled the blade out of the scabbard, revealing the beautiful metalwork. 

"Wow." Suguha whispered. I nodded. I pulled another object out of the box, it was a leather strap to hang the scabbard on your back with. I hooked up the scabbard to the strap and placed the sword back in the sheath.

"Come on." I slung the scabbard and sword over my head, like I did in SAO. I led her outside into the backyard. She sat on the veranda while I stood in the middle of the yard. I stayed silent, remembering the swift movements I was able to execute in SAO. Every step, leap, slash. I breathed in deeply, and moved. I reenacted the "Horizontal Square" skill I was able to use in all three games; Sword Art, Alfheim, and Gun Gale. One slash, two slashes, three slashes, and the fourth and final one, tracing the shape of a square in the air. Although, since we weren't in a game, you couldn't see the traced lines. I sheathed the sword and looked at Suguha. She was clapping. Then a light bulb went off in her head. 

"Is that why when we fought with Kendo Shinai, you said it was a little lighter than you're used to?" She blurted. I nodded and chuckled. I walked up to her and grinned. We went back to my room to open the other package. I took my knife and slit the tape. I opened it and pulled out a couple pieces of metal, along with a furry carpet-like material. I put together the pieces to complete the sword holder. I wrapped the furry material around the pegs that the sword would rest on. I placed the holder on the shelf beside the window and carefully placed the sword onto the holder. I stood back to admire my work. 

"How does it look?" I asked. Suguha grinned. 

"Good." She punched me in the shoulder playfully and left the room. I walked to my bed and pushed the boxes and wrapping onto the floor. I hopped onto the bed and turned on my phone, checking for notifications. There were a couple from Asada. I opened them, my eyes grew wide with horror. The texts read...

Asada: Hey

Asada: Hellooooooo

Asada: Kazuto, are you there?

Asada: Kazuto, I need your help, please, someone's trying to break into my house!

Asada: Kazuto, please answer me. They're inside, I'm hiding in my coat closet. 

Shit. I got up and was about to run out the door but my phone started to ring. I looked at the ID, it was a blocked number. I hit decline and went through my bag looking for my jacket. Suddenly, my phone started to ring again. I looked at the ID, it was a blocked number again. I hit answer and was about to yell at them to stop calling. But the voice that spoke on the other end brought tears to my eyes. 

"K-Kazuto?" Asada spoke raggedly. 

"Asa... Da..." I broke down. Suddenly, another voice spoke. 

"Hello, Kazy-Sama." Sakura greeted bittersweetly. 

"Sakura... What the hell did you do to Asada?" I snarled like a Dire Wolf from SAO.

"Calm down, she's fine. Only a small wound. Possibly fatal. Now this way, you and I can be together forever." She cackled. I bit my tongue, stopping myself from saying anything potentially life-threatening to Asada. 

"If you touch another hair on her head..." I muttered. 

"Oh, Kazy-Sama, you're so serious. You need to loosen up." She said. I hung up and ran to Suguha's room. She looked at me with a confused expression. 

"Asada, she's in danger." I say half-hyperventilating. She looked at me with fear and jumped up. 

"Let's go!" She ran and grabbed her coat. I grabbed Midori's keys while Suguha told her where we were going. I ran to the door but stopped. I contemplated a decision that could very well get me arrested. 

"Fuck it." I whispered. I ran to my room and slung my sword over my shoulder. I ran out to where Suguha was. She noticed the sword and knew that I wasn't messing around. I hopped into the car and threw the sword in the back seat. I turned the engine over and sped out of the driveway. 

***

The hatred in my heart made the hour and a half drive feel like just 5 minutes. I pulled into the parking lot of the apartment building Asada lived in. I grabbed my sword from the backseat and ran up the stairs to her apartment. I kicked the door in and looked around. I noticed a small pool of blood on the floor leading into her bedroom. I ran in and saw Asada sitting against her bed with her hand over her stomach. I looked up at Sakura. Her long purple hair rest against the bed. She had a kitchen knife with some blood on it in her hand. She was flourishing it like a trophy. 

"You're here. That was faster than expected." Sakura spoke. I knelt down next to Asada and checked her wound. She lost a lot of blood. I reached on her side table and grabbed a bunch of napkins, then placed them against her wound. I stood up and looked at Sakura. She was about to stand up. I rapidly unsheathed my sword and placed it to her chest, breaking the sound barrier. Her face looked surprised. 

"Give me a reason why I shouldn't drive this through your goddamn chest." I growled deeply, showing that I was not afraid to get a little blood on my sword. 

"Because, we were meant for each other." She claimed. My face grew angrier. I applied a slight amount of pressure. Not enough to draw blood, but enough to feel it. 

"No. We. Are. Not. I love Asada, and only Asada." I spoke. Asada slowly turned her head towards me. I grinned. Suguha ran into the room. Sakura threw her knife aiming to hit Suguha in the leg. I lunged, attempting to slash the knife away but missed. The knife plunged into her leg, making her wail in pain. I slowly turned back towards Sakura with tears coming down my face. 

"Kazy-Sama?" Sakura spoke softly. 

"You make a joke out of SAO. You hurt my love. And now my sister. This nightmare ends now." I said. I thrusted my sword through Sakura's chest. She reached to push herself off the blade. IT reminded me of when Asuna saved me from Kuradeel in SAO. She struggled for a little longer then fell lifelessly onto my blade. I pulled it out and sheathed it. 

"Ka... zu... to..." Asada stuttered. I knelt next to her and brushed her hair aside. Suguha slid next to her and leaned against the bed. 

"Hey, you alright?" I asked Suguha. She nodded. I pick Asada up. 

"Be right back." I said. I ran to the car and placed Asada in the back seat. I ran back to Asada's apartment and picked up Suguha. I ran back to the car and placed her in the front seat. I got in the driver's seat and sped to the hospital. I think I ran 3 stop lights. Once I got to the hospital, I frantically searched for a space. I found one and ran into the hospital. "Someone, please help! I need two stretchers! Please help me!" Two men with stretchers ran to me and asked me to lead the way. I brought them to the car where Asada and Suguha were waiting. They lifted them onto the stretchers and ran back to the hospital. I went inside and sat in the waiting room. 

"Are you okay?" An old man asked me. He seemed like he was hurt. 

"Yeah." I said. I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep. 

***

(Suguha)

I opened my eyes and looked around the brightly lit room. It took a while for my vision to adjust. I was in a rather large room with long, hanging lights. 

"Ugh, where am I?" I muttered, rubbing my eyes. Immediately, a man in a white cloak showed up, hovering over me.

"Nurse, she's awake!" The man yelled. A woman also dressed in white came running over to me and grabbed a flashlight-magnifying glass-like object. She handed it to the doctor, who shined it in my eyes to check my pupil dilation. He placed that on the table and slowly sat me up. The nurse walked over with a wheelchair. The doctor slid me out of the bed and sat me into the chair without putting pressure on my leg. I looked over to the bed on my right. There was a surgery in progress. I got a better look at the person on the bed. It was Asada. 

"..." I attempted to speak. I couldn't. I tapped the doctor and pointed to the paper on his surgery table. He pushed me over to the table. I pointed to the pen in his shirt pocket. He handed me the pen. My hand shook as I shakily wrote the words...

"Leave me with the other girl." 

The doctor looked over to Asada, then to the nurse. She shrugged. The doctor pushed me over to the wall closest to the table. I looked at the wound they were fixing. I closed my eyes and prayed. 

"Please god, please. Let her be okay." 

***

Hey Familia of the Closet! Sorry for making you wait for another chapter. I've been getting deeper into my relationship. And other things. Anyways, thank you so much for reading. I love you guys so much! <3

-Seijirou

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 147 32
!!! [UPDATING PRIOR AND CURRENT CHAPTERS AS OF OCTOBER 2023] [FIC STARTED 12/25/22] #15 IN KAZUSCARA 11/22/23! #19 IN KAZUSCARA 10/18/23! SUMMARY:...
61.5K 2.2K 15
With Kirito beating Heathcliff, a.k.a Kayaba Akihiko (who was also Ume's uncle), everyone was released from the game. But alas, that isn't where the...
Beater By Kat

Fanfiction

44.9K 1.5K 40
KiritoxReader SAO Your father is the Co-CEO of a successful gaming company that specialises in vrmmorpg and is helping develop SAO. You were a beta...
3.6K 99 13
This is after the GGO incident and Mother's Rosario Kazuto and Asuna haven't been getting along well in the real world after what had happened with K...