Keeping Alive

By MohanManju

Ariana DeCostello - A simple girl from a very rich Greek family, The DeCostellos. Being the only woman in he... More

Hello
Cast
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

66 6 1
By MohanManju

Beep Beep....

(Ignore the time shown in it.)

Slumping my alarm off, I opened my eyes to welcome the day I was waiting for. It's the day I am joining Well Care hospital as an intern. I am literally over cloud 9. Today, I am stepping into a new world I always wanted to be in. I am going to fulfill my mom's wish. Becoming a doctor was always my ambition and today i am stepping to the second level to achieve it. 

Anyways let me introduce myself. I am Ariana DeCostello, the only daughter of Nicholas  and Anastasia DeCostello and the only sister of the famous DeCostello brothers. My mother died when i was only 3. So basically I am the only woman in my family. So you can imagine the way I am pampered and "protected". I never had a boyfriend in my entire life!! Whoever shows any interest in me is shoved away by my overprotective brothers. They go to the extent of beating the shit out of them.

My dad Nicholas is a well - known businessman and is the CEO of DC Corporation. I have 5 elder brothers, Damien, Christophe, Evan and the twins Alessandro and Alec. They all have finished their studies and is working in our company. My dad started a chain of hospitals all around the world after my mother died. Since then he became very stoic but with us, he is always our sweet dad. 

As I told you before, I am going to work in New York but yesterday my brothers and dad went to Los Angeles for some work and will only come back after few months. I never stayed away from my brothers and I miss them so much. I miss the food Chris used to cook for us. He is like a momma bear. He taught me how to cook while Damien taught me how to handle business. I left the mansion as I feel very lonely there in that big house without them. So I am currently staying with Hannah, my caretaker, in our penthouse which is nearer to the hospital. Hannah is a motherly figure to me. She took care of my needs after mom passed away.

Now enough of my bickering. I got up and did my daily routine.

This is my bedroom. I know it is all whitish in nature but I love this room. It is classy at the same time simple. 

I then entered my washroom to take a shower after brushing my teeth. Then I picked my outfit for the day and wore it. I am not a fan of makeup so I stuck to  the basic foundation and mascara.

 I grabbed my white coat and hand bag in my hand and rushed downstairs to the kitchen for  my breakfast.

In kitchen, Hannah was preparing waffles for my breakfast. After wishing each other, I settled on the chair. 

"Are you excited for today baby?" Hannah Questioned?

"Yes Hans I am very much excited but I am scared at the same time". I answered.

" I know baby. Every one will be scared on their first day of work. But remember your mom always wanted you to be a doctor and today she will be very proud of you.''

I nodded and continued eating.

Even though my family never made me feel that I don't have a mother. I secretly missed her so much. Even when we say that we are a daddy's girl, we need our mother to help us with all our problems and to hear us out.  But my brothers try every way to make me feel good. I still remember, when I first got my periods, i freaked out seeing so much blood( but ya I wanted to be a doctor!!). Damien and Chris ran up to me hearing my screams. Dad was on a trip and Hannah was on a leave. Damien who was the most matured one understood the matter. He asked Alec and Evan to bring me a sanitary napkin. The two dumbos who were scared seeing the blood ran from the room to a pharmacy instead of asking a maid to do it. They helped me in every way possible to reduce the pain. Dad immediately tried coming home. My family and the maids were all shocked to see their care for me. Now tell me how will I not miss these men.

Then suddenly my phone rang and it was my family video calling me.

"Hello kiddo, how are you?" Damien asked

"I am fine Damy" I answered.

"Are you happy to start working?" Alec asked

"Of course. I am not a lazy man like you" I teased him

They all wished me good luck and asked me to keep myself away from boys and troubles along with the warning that they are watching.

Anyways I finished my food and kissed Hannah a good bye and went to my car Bugatti Veyron which my dad gifted me for my last birthday.

I rode towards the hospital while singing shape of you along with the radio. I reached the hospital and parked my car in the spot reserved for the CEO. ya, perks of being the owner. I came out and breathed out a long sigh. 

The hospital was a large one. It is currently run by Adrian Martinez, the son of my dad's friend and also a great friend of Damien. But the thing is that I have never seen him in ages. He is a star doctor and my inspiration. I have read all his researches and is in awe of this man. Damy already warned me that he is really hot headed and I needed to be really careful about him.

Anyways, I kept my thoughts away and entered the hospital with a fresh mind.

Here I come Well Care. Get ready to welcome the trouble.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone.

the first chapter is out. Please vote and comment. 

Do let me know your suggestions.

Thank you and Bye

Jenna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.1K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...