The Benson Twins (Book 4 of S...

By wolflover2012

Life carried on after the night of the wild storm. Cole and AJ grew up and are now in the final year of high... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five Epilogue

Chapter Three

11.6K 349 32
By wolflover2012

Chapter Three

The day seemed to have passed by quickly and before AJ knew it, the school day was over. He was sitting out the front of the school on the benches waiting for Cole to get there.

AJ had just finished explaining about the incident that occurred in his English class today to his best friend Dave, involving Cole finding his mate.

“Are you serious?” Dave screamed at AJ “His teacher? Man that’s hot”

“Yeah try telling Cole that.” AJ said shaking his head “That guy is seriously freaking out.”

“I can’t wait to find out who my mate is” Dave says.

“Yeah” AJ agreed

“Hey, you ready to go?” Cole asked as he walked up to AJ

“Yeah” AJ said as he stood up from the bench.

“I hear you found your mate.” Dave said to Cole.

“Yeah, never thought it would be a teacher.” Cole said shaking his head.

“You’re lucky man, I hear she is hot.” Dave said.

Cole growled slightly at Dave’s words.

“She is.” He told him.

AJ chuckled at his brother “Come on bro, let’s go home, and tell mum and dad the good news.” He says as he slaps his brother on the back.

Cole groans. “Do we have too?”

AJ grinned at his brother “Yup”

“You suck, did you know that?” Cole asked his brother.

AJ rolled his eyes at him and started to walk towards his car, AJ almost tripped over his feet when he noticed who was standing next to his car.

“Faith” AJ said once he reached his car. “What can I do for you?” He asked.

“AJ” Faith said sweetly. “My ride left without me and I was wondering if you could give me a ride home.”

AJ groaned inside his head, what was she up to? He hoped this wasn’t some kind of an attempt for her to convince him to date her, “Sure” He said with a sigh. “You’re in the back though.” He told her.

“The back” She said scrunching up her face

“It’s either that or you walk Faith, I don’t really care, just hurry up and decide I’ve got things to do.” He told her harshly.

He could see the hurt in her eyes and ignored it. He reached for the door handles and opened it gesturing for her to climb into the back.

AJ hoped in after her into the driver’s seat as Cole got into the passenger seat beside him.

“Hey Faith” Cole said from beside AJ “Haven’t seen you around in a while, what have you been up too?” Cole asked her.

“Not much” Faith said with a shrug “Just busy doing school work, you know how it is?”

“Yeah” Cole said nodding his head. “Who did you end up with for your history project?” He asked her.

“Mylea” Faith answered “You?”

“Zain”

“I’m surprised Mr Mathews let you two be partners.” Faith said

“You and me both” Cole laughed out.

AJ blocked out there conversation, and drove out the school parking lot, and started to drive in the direction of faith's house.

He started to Zone out as he drove thinking about how lucky Cole was to have finally found his mate and wondering when he would find his, before he knew it he was pulling into Faith Street, he stopped in front of her house. Cole jumped out and shifted the seat forward so Faith could climb out.

“Thanks for the ride AJ” She said

AJ didn’t look at her he just nodded his head and waited for Cole to get back in before driving off.

“What’s going on with you and Faith?” Cole asked when the drove away from her house.

AJ shook his head “Nothing, she was bugging me for more than a physical relationship so I ended it.”

“AH” Cole said nodding in understanding. “So now she is going to be all in your face hoping you will change your mind.” He said laughing.

“Yeah something like that” AJ mumbled

They had reached the main road that lead them out of town to the pack house when a giant red and white furred wolf ran out on the road in front of them. AJ yanked the wheel left hoping not to hit the wolf.

Cole who was too busy looking through his school bag when his body slammed into the door from AJ yanking the wheel. “Holy crap AJ, what the hell are you doing?” Cole screamed at him “Are you deliberately trying to kill us?”

“Sorry,” AJ said. “A wolf ran out in front of the car

“A wolf?” Cole asked looking behind him to see if he could see the wolf.

“It’s gone now it ran into the woods.” AJ informed him.

“Well who was it?” Cole asked

“No one I have seen before, it’s coat was red and white.”

Cole looked at AJ “Can’t say I have ever heard of a wolf with that colour fur before”

“Same here” AJ agreed

They reached the dirt driveway that leads to the pack house and pulled into it. AJ drove the car up to the front of the pack house and parked it in the usual spot

Cole reached over and grabbed his and AJ back packs off the floor and passed AJ’s to him

They both climbed out of the Jeep.

“Hey Cole I’m going to go for a run and see if I can find that wolf and make sure it didn't get hurt.”

“Yeah sure I would come with but I need to tell mum and dad about finding my mate”

“It’s cool, I think I can handle finding one wolf on my own little brother.” AJ said

Cole snorted at the little brother comment “Your five minutes older than me, I don’t really think that makes me the little brother.”

“No but the fact that I’m faster and stronger than you does” AJ said smirking,

“Whatever” Cole grumbled, as he turned, and walked towards the house. He walked inside throwing the bags on the floor and headed for the kitchen.

“Hey mum!” He said as he walked in and noticed her sitting at the kitchen table.

“Hey honey, how was school?” Chloe asked him.

“Fine” Cole took a seat next to his mother. “Actually I have something I need to tell you and dad, is he around?” Cole asked.

“Yeah, his just upstairs, he will be down in a minute.”

“Ok” Cole got up and walked over to the fridge he pulled the jug of juice out and pour some into a glass before putting the jug back.

“Hey son how was school?” Aaron asked as he walked into the kitchen.

Cole walked back over to the table and sat down. “I found my mate.” He told both his parents.

Aaron had a huge smile on his face and Chloe jumped from her seat squealing and hugged him.

“That’s great!” Chloe screamed, “Who is she? Do we know her? When can we meet her?” Chloe asked.

“Whoa mum slow down, things are not that simple.”

Chloe sat back down and frowned at her son. “Why not?” She asked.

AJ let out a deep breath. “Well for starters she is human and she is also my teacher.

Aaron’s grin grew wider. “Nice” He commented.

Chloe slapped him on his arm “Shush you”

“Hey, no beating your husband” Aaron whined.

Chloe rolled her eyes before looking back at Cole “How old is she?”

Cole shrugged “I don’t know. If I were to guess, I would say between twenty-two and twenty three years old.

Chloe looked at Aaron and frowned “Is it common to have a huge age difference?” She asked him,

Aaron shrugged “I have never heard of one so big, a year or two maybe but not five,”

Cole could see the wheels turning in his mother’s head “I know, why don’t I invite her over for dinner that would give us a chance to find out more about her and also give you a chance to get to know your mate.” She said looking at him.

Cole shrug “Sure but how do plan on doing that, you don’t go into town”

“I will think of a way, don’t you worry about that.” Chloe said smiling at her son.

Cole rubbed his hands over his face “Great, I’ve got home work that’s needed to be done so I will  talk to you about it later.” Cole said standing from the table.

"Ok sweetie, try not to worry about your mate too much. It will all work out in the end." Chloe said as she gave him a hug.

"Thanks mum" Cole said placing a small kiss on the top of her head before walking out of the kitchen and heading to his room to study.

“Ok sweetie” Chloe said standing and kissing him on the cheek.

Cole left his parents in the kitchen and made his way up to his bedroom.

*********

AJ had been running for hours and still hadn’t found any sign of the red and white wolf. As soon as he entered the woods, he ran to the spot where he almost hit the wolf but couldn’t find any trace of it ever being there, all he could smell was the woods around him. He couldn’t understand why he couldn’t scent the red and white wolf anywhere.

Giving up his search AJ made his way back to the pack house, changing into his human form he walked out of the woods naked and made his way to the front door.

“Where have you been?” His father asked as soon as he walked through the door.

AJ shrugged at him “I almost hit a wolf on the way home, I hadn’t seen it around before so I went to see If I could track it”

“Did you find it?” He asked

“No I couldn’t find any trace of it” He said with a frown.

“Well was it a pack member or a rouge?” His dad asked

“I don’t know, it had red and white fur, I haven’t seen that colour before so I’m guessing it wasn’t part of the pack.

“I will let the men patrolling the boarders know”

“Yeah, let me know if they find it” He told his dad

Aaron nodded his head “Well your mother has been looking for you.”

“Why, What’s wrong?” AJ asked

“Nothing’s wrong.” Aaron said shaking his head at his oldest son. He was still after all these years very protective of his mother. “So your brother has found his mate.”

AJ snicked at this “Yeah it was quite funny.”

Aaron patted his son on the back “Well don’t give him too much of a hard time, believe me it’s not easy having a mate that’s human.”

“He will be fine dad he has me to help him”

Aaron snorts. “That’s true and I’m sure you will be a big help.” His dad says as he walks away. “Don't forget to find your mother.”

AJ walked up the stairs and headed towards his brothers room, which was directly across the hall from his. He didn’t bother knocking just opened the door and walked in.

He rolled his eyes at Cole, who was sitting at his desk doing homework. “Do you ever do anything other than study?” AJ asked as he flopped down on his brother’s bed.

Cole looked at AJ and shook his head “Do you ever study?”

AJ smirked at him “Nope, don’t need to I’m naturally intelligent”

“Yeah?” Cole asked. “Then why do your grades tell a different story?”

“That’s the teachers fault they are so jealous of my natural intelligence that they give me a lower grade, I mean I can’t help being me, perfect in every way.”

“Sure if you say so, I told mum and dad about finding my mate.” He said changing the subject.

“Yeah I know, I ran into dad on my way up here, he also said mum was looking for me, do you know what she wants? He asked.

Cole shook his head “No, but if I were to take a guess I would say it had something to do with my mate. She is coming up with ideas to help me get to know her better.”

AJ climbed up off his brother’s bed “Well I guess I should go find her and see what she want’s”

“She was in the kitchen earlier I would probably look there first.”

AJ nodded his head and walked out of Cole’s room, he walked down the long hallway and down the stairs. Once he reached the kitchen, he was happy to find his mother sitting at the table with a pen and paper in front of her. She looked up when he entered. “AJ just the person I have been looking for.” She says as she reaches over and picks up an envelope off the table. “I want you to give this to Cole’s mate tomorrow at school.”

AJ frowned but took the envelope from his mother’s hands. “Why, What is it?”

“It’s a letter welcoming her to town and an invite for dinner tomorrow night.”

“Tomorrow night! Mum don’t you think that’s a bit too soon? She will only get the letter tomorrow morning I don’t think that would be enough noticed for her.”

Chloe waved her son comments off “It will be fine, if she can’t make it I have given her our number so she can call and arrange a better time to suit her.”

“Why are you giving it to me, why not Cole? It is his mate.” AJ asked.

“I thought it best that you gave it to her, Cole will be having enough to deal with, and he will be fighting his wolf who would no doubt be wanting to mark her.”

AJ rolled his eyes “Sure thing mum.”

Chloe patted his arm “It’s getting late you better head up to bed.”

Nodding his head AJ walked out of the kitchen and made his way back to his room. He wondered if the guys on patrol had found the red and white wolf yet, he didn’t know why he was so curious about the wolf but he was. He had never seen fur like that before and couldn’t help but wonder what it would look like in human form. Climbing into to bed, he switched of the light on his bedside table and went to sleep.

He got up the next morning before Cole could wake him and went downstairs to his dad’s office, after knocking twice he opened the door and walked in, His father was on the phone so AJ went and sat in the chair in front of his desk.

It wasn’t long before his father had finished the call and hung up the phone. “AJ what can I do for you this early in the morning?”

“I was just wondering if the trackers had any luck with finding that wolf I almost hit yesterday?”

“They had managed to pick up its scent but it left our territory, I guess it was just passing through." Aaron answered his son.

“Oh ok” Aaron said a little disappointed, he was curious to see what the wolf looked like in human form. He stood from his seat “Thanks dad” He said as he walked towards the door.

“Was there a reason why you wanted to know?” Aaron asked his son.

“No not really, I was just curious was all, I have never seen a wolf that colour before is all.”

Aaron nodded his head “Well if I hear any more on it I will let you know”

“Thanks dad” AJ said before leaving the room and heading to the kitchen for some breakfast.

AJ and Cole pulled up at school ten minutes before the bell.

They were just about to get out of the car when their father spoke to them through the mind link.

“Boy’s we have found one of our pack members dead in the woods, I don’t want anyone going into the woods alone until we can figure out what happened.” Aaron told them.

AJ frowned and looked at his brother who was wearing the same expression as he was.

“How did they die?” AJ asked his father.

“He had been shot in the head.” Aaron told them.

This only made both boys frown harder.

“How could someone have gotten onto our land and shot a pack member without anyone noticing them?” AJ asked.

“We don’t know that’s why no one is allowed to go into the woods alone, just in case they are still out there.”

“Ok dad we won’t go alone let us know when you find out anything.” Cole said as he looked at his brother. “That’s a bit strange”

“Yeah how on earth did someone manage to get on our land and shot a member without us knowing?” AJ asked.

“I’m sure dad will work it out, come on let’s head in side” Cole says reaching for the door handle.

“So how are you feeling today?” AJ asked as they entered the school building.

“What do you mean?” Cole asked, while scanning the hall for any sign of his mate.

“About seeing your mate?” AJ said lowering his voice.

Cole shrugged “Confused”

“Why Confused?” AJ asked with a frown on his face.

Cole sighed. “Because She is right there and I can’t do anything, it confuses me. If I make a move on her she would not only lose her job but she could go to jail, so I can’t do anything but watch her from a far.”

AJ rolled his eyes “Half the teachers and forty percent of the students are wolves Cole, I’m sure you would be safe dating her without the humans finding out.”

“What if she doesn’t like me?” He asks, the one question that has being playing on his mind over and over again. If she were a wolf he wouldn’t of had to worry she would have felt the mating bound just as strongly as he did

AJ stopped walking and grabbed his brother by the arm to pull him to a stop he turned Cole so he was facing him. “What do you mean whet if she doesn’t like you? Cole you are the second most wanted guy in this school, me being the first of course. Of course she will like you, stop worrying yourself about things you don’t need to worry about and start thinking of a plan to win her over.”

Cole gave AJ a quick man hug slapping him on the back. “Thanks AJ, I really needed to hear that" He said, they started to walk again, ignoring all the flirty smiles and winks the girls they passed gave them. "Hey I thought I was the most wanted guy and you were second?” Cole said after they had been walking for a while.

“Who care’s as long as we get the woman we want” AJ said with a shrug.

Cole scratched the back of his neck "I guess it doesn't really matter to me anymore, since there is only one women that I want."

AJ groaned "Please tell me you are not going to turn into a love sick fool," AJ said shaking his head.

Cole pushed AJ on the shoulder making him almost slam into a locker "Shut up" He said smiling.

AJ quickly fixed himself and looked at Cole shaking his head in mock disappointment before smirking. "Whatever see ya in English Bro"

Cole rolled his eyes and they both parted ways and made their way to the first class.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 660 28
Every girl wishes to one day find their mate. Joey Moon isn't just any girl though in her school she's a nobody and has only 2 friends, Luke and Kira...
32.7K 1.1K 34
Running from his dark legacy, River finds himself caught in the midst of a werewolf rivalry bleeding into the human world; a low fantasy enemies to l...
286K 5.9K 23
Emily was like any other teenager. She had plans, for school and for her life. The thing is, Emily is really not a normal teenager. She had been a...
1.6M 97.4K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...