My Antidote - Soobin x Huenin...

By 5TAYARMY

Huening Kai is a nurse in training and is assigned to watch a peculiar boy who always seems to be getting him... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
Q+A

VIII

510 41 47
By 5TAYARMY

        It was now Monday and that meant it was time for Soobin and Yeonjun to get back to work. Yeonjun went to go pick up the new files from Taehyun and some lunch too.

Soobin had to beg the older to go get him food but after a good ten minutes of pleading and the promise of bubble tea, he reluctantly agreed.

Now all Soobin had to do is wait.

Soobin plopped down on his couch and propped his feet up on the coffee table.

He tried to relax but his mind kept wandering back to Kai. Soobin can't help but blame himself for what had happened.

Its all his fault.

And now he'll probably never see the boy again. If Soobin was in Kai's place he wouldn't either.

Although Soobin knows it's his fault, part of him still blames Taehyun. Taehyun always has to take away everything from Soobin.

It's gotten to the point where Soobin is going to snap any minute now, but he needs to keep his cool.

Taehyun is a hot mess and people are starting to realize that. If they see that Soobin is able to handle these situations rationally maybe they will finally see that Soobin is the rightful leader.

Soobin let out a long such and closed his eyes when he heard a knock at the door.

Yeonjun's back already?

That was fast.

"Just open the door Yeonjun!" Soobin called out, not wanting to get up.

There was a second knock at the door and Soobin frowned. He must not have heard him or just wants to give Soobin a hard time.

Soobin eventually got up and walked over to the door and was greeted with Beomgyu and Kai instead of Yeonjun, "What did you- I huh?"

"He insisted that he continued with the job your mom gave him," Beomgyu said, pushing past Soobin, "And I'm just here to make sure he doesn't end up getting hurt again."

Soobin closed the door behind them and took time to observe Kai. He still had an eye patch so that must mean he's still hurting. Kai also didn't have his usual happy and cheerful demeanor. Instead he looked sad.

"You don't have to do this Kai," Soobin furrowed his brows in concern, "I'd understand if you wanted to stay away from me."

"I told you he insisted on coming," Beomgyu repeated.

"Is your name Kai?" Soobin snapped back, "He can speak for himself." Beomgyu rolled his eyes.

"Beomgyu is right," Kai spoke softly before returning his attention back to his medicine box.

"But I don't want you to get hurt again."

Neither of the boys responded.

After a few moments Kai ordered Soobin to sit so they could get started. Soobin was about to do as Kai said but another knock came from the front door.

"Sorry," Soobin got up and headed to the door, "Yeonjun was coming over for lunch today."

Soobin opened the door and not only was Yeonjun there, but Taehyun was there too. Soobin glared at the orange haired boy before remembering that Kai was here. He quickly turned his attention over to Kai who was already hiding behind Beomgyu.

"I bought chicken," Yeonjun sang, completely oblivious to the situation going on.

They were about to enter when Soobin stopped them. "What is he doing here?" Soobin nodded towards Taehyun.

"Huh?" Yeonjun furrowed his brows together.

"I'm here to talk about Stray Kids," Taehyun explained, looking just as confused, "Minho and Yeonjun found out some really good stuff."

"Don't act like you don't know what you did," Soobin gritted his teeth.

"Come on now we don't have time for this whole leadership fight," Yeonjun pushed Soobin out of the way, "We have to get rid of Stray Kids first and then you guys can fight to the death about who should be the leader for all I care."

Yeonjun and Taehyun both entered the house but Yeonjun suddenly stopped in his tracks when he noticed the other two boys. He looked at them, the at Soobin, and then back at them, "I know the taller one is Kai but who is that guy giving us the stink eye?"

"My name is Beomgyu and I'm one of Kai's friends," Beomgyu stated, "I'm just here to make sure he doesn't get hurt again."

"Oh, uh, okay," Yeonjun smiled, "Well I'm Yeonjun, this is Taehyun, and I'm sure you already know Soobin."

"Yeah."

Taehyun didn't say anything and just walked over to where Beomgyu was standing. Beomgyu could feel himself tense up but he tried to hide his emotions to protect Kai. They started at each other for a few seconds before Taehyun spoke.

"Are you sure your name is Beomgyu," he ran his hand up the older's jawline, "You look really familiar."

It took Beomgyu a second to realize what was going on and hit Taehyun's hand away, "Yes, I think I would know what my own name is."

Taehyun took a few steps back and laughed while Beomgyu just looked at him like he was crazy. He suddenly stopped and turned around to leave.

"Where are you going?" Yeonjun asked, "I thought you wanted to talk about Stray Kids."

"I changed my mind," Taehyun said before leaving.

"What a weirdo," Soobin sighed once he was gone and Kai came back out from behind Beomgyu.

"Do I need to leave so you guys can do your checkup or whatever," Yeonjun asked as he placed everything down on the table. Kai shook his head.

"Actually," Soobin scratched the back of his head, "I was hoping Kai and I could have a one on one talk before we start anything."

Kai widened his eyes but before anything Beomgyu beat him to it, "No."

"Again I'm not talking to you I'm talking to Kai," Soobin stated, clearly annoyed.

"We can," Kai spoke up.

"What?" Beomgyu looked at the younger in disbelief, "But Kai-"

"I'll be fine," Kai gave him a small smile, "We'll only be upstairs for a few minutes."

"Okay," Beomgyu huffed, "but if anything happens just holler."

Kai nodded before going over to Soobin and following him upstairs.

Yeonjun and Beomgyu were now left alone. It was pretty awkward to say the least.

"So uh," Yeonjun attempted to start a conversation, "How's it going?"

"Don't talk to me."

"Chill out dude."

-

"Kai are you alright? Well I know you're not alright, but I mean how are you holding up?" Soobin stumbled his words after they entered his bedroom.

"Fine," the younger simply replied.

"I know it doesn't change much but I really wanted to say I'm sorry. This is all my fault this happened."

"Okay."

"Kai I-" Soobin went to get closer to him but stopped when he noticed Kai take a few steps back, "Oh," That small action felt like a punch to the stomach, "Are you scared of me?"

Kai just shrugged his shoulders. He wasnt sure himself. Part of him was scared but part of him still wanted to be here. That's why he begged Beomgyu to let him come here in the first place.

"I see," Soobin cast his gaze downwards and they stood in silence for a good minute or two before he spoke again, "So about how I know Taehyun-"

"He's your boss right?" Kai tilted his head, "You don't work for a fast food restaurant like you said, you work for some sort of gang. Something like the Choi gang?"

"H-how did you know that?"

"I heard you and Taehyun talk about it before I blacked out," Kai's heart began to race, "Am I right?"

Soobin hesitated for a moment. Nobody outside of the gang is supposed to know about it, but it's not like he can just tell the boy that everything he's heard and witnessed up until now was a lie, "It's true."

Kai shook his head, "It all makes sense now. Why you come home everyday with new injuries. Why Mrs Choi is worried sick about you. Why Beomgyu wanted me to stay away from you from the beginning," Kai took more steps back until he hit a wall, "Because you hurt people for a living."

Soobin wasn't sure what to say. Kai's right. There's no other way to put it.

"Are you going to hurt me?" Kai asked as tears started to form in his eyes.

"No! Kai I would never!" Soobin took another step forward causing Kai to shriek. "Hey calm down!"

"Go away!"

Kai made a run for the door but Soobin caught him in his arms. He pulled Kai into a tight hug in an attempt to comfort him. Kai didn't fight back but was shaking. "Kai I'm not going to hurt you please calm down." Kai didn't respond and instead kept his face buried in the older's chest, "I know it sounds weird because I haven't known you for that long but I really do care about you."

Soobin let go of Kai to see what he would do but Kai didn't run off. Soobin forced the younger to looks up at him and placed a kiss on his forehead, "I'll make sure Taehyun doesn't lay another finger on you."

Kai's face heated up but tears kept falling from his eyes. He was confused. He was about to say something when they heard loud banging from the other side of the door.

"Open the door now!"

It was Beomgyu. He must have heard Kai scream earlier.

Soobin sighed and reluctantly opened the door, revealing a very distraught male. Beomgyu didn't say a word and grabbed Kai by the wrist. He began to drag the boy back downstairs. Kai guessed that means they were leaving now. Kai looked back at Soobin one more time before following Beomgyu out the door.

'''''

Hello

I'm sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than normal but I hope you guys enjoyed it nonetheless.

Feel free to leave your thoughts comments predictions and everything else down below in the comments. I love hearing your feedback and you guys are my number one motivators!

And as always, thank you so much for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 16.8K 62
𝕳E WAS COLD, DISTANT, AND A LITTLE BROKEN. SHE WAS BRIGHT, COOL, AND A LITTLE TIRED. THEY WERE BOTH LOST, DOWNCAST, AND MORE THAN A LITTLE SCARED, B...
18.9K 722 26
|| Yeonjun x Taehyun & Beomgyu || || STATUS : ON HOLD... || Tops: Taehyun & Beomgyu Bottom: Yeonjun
6.2K 580 28
"I really didn't expect you to be this type of a doctor. I'm really disappointed" I said looking straight into his eyes. Even saying that I could hea...
44.1K 2.4K 25
Yeonjun and Soobin meet again in middle school and survive through high school. The boys are casually being playful and touchy with each other until...