An Echo in the Mafia (Echo Re...

Από losautenticos

Echo wasn't like her sisters. She knew that when people talked about the famous and fabulous Reid sisters, th... Περισσότερα

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Epilogue
Luke
First Times
Echo
The Next time

Part 32

200K 8.4K 5.1K
Από losautenticos

"What the hell is taking so long?" Luke said, sitting in the back of the SUV.

"I don't know." Marco replied, leaning forward and knocking on the partition. "Hey..."

The partition slid open.

"Yeah?" One of the men in the front seat responded.

"What's the hold up?" Marco asked.

"Some sort of protest. Bunch of girls marching down the street, yelling and complaining" The man replied.

"Jesus, don't they realize we got placed to be?" Luke said in exasperation. "I have a meeting with the captain in an hour."

"Anyway we can get around it?" Marco asked.

"We can turn around, take the long way but we have to wait until the corner... at this rate, who knows when we'll get through." He replied.

"For fuck's sake." Luke said with groan. They were so close and he had to make this meeting. He'd been hearing rumors again that the Russo brothers were spotted and so, he would strike a deal with the captain for surveillance.

"Let's give it a bit. We still have time. How long can they take?" Marco asked, noting how Luke was growing annoyed.

Luke didn't respond, instead he sat, his fingers tapping against the arm rest. A short while later, Luke once again glanced at his watch.

"Fuck it." Luke said, " Just fuck it."

"What..." Marco asked, noting as Luke put on his sunglasses.

"You two park the car first place you can, Marco and I are walking." Luke said, getting out.

"Try to get close." Marco said, following Luke's lead.

"Look at it." Luke said as they moved down the street.

"It's harmless. Just a bunch of college girls fighting for their rights." Marco said with a smile. Luke frowned.

"This is what happens when fathers don't teach their daughters how to behave." Luke said, moving quickly. Marco didn't reply. He followed Luke quietly, knowing he was annoyed and likely to bite his head off if he gave him the slightest provocation.

Luke was exaggerating a little bit due to his foul mood. It was true that he was a very traditional man, with very traditional values... after all, he'd been raised by a father who taught him tradition was the most important thing. He'd watched his mother and the women of the family be cared for and raised to marry and take care of their families.

"Listen, it will probably be over by the time we leave so just ignore them and let's get on with it." Marco said as they saw the police station in sight. They made their way around back, avoiding the crowds of women that were blocking the front entrance, Luke frowning the entire time.

"So, what do you think?" The captain asked when they were in his office, which overlooked the large park.

"Are you used to this kind of thing?" Luke said, staring out at the large crowd.

"I am." The captain said, "Usually it's not so bad but that girl, she's been giving me headaches since last year. She's loud... just a real pain in the ass."

Luke chuckled.

"Yeah I know a few like that." Luke said.

The captain continued. "Last month alone, she called 18 times...look at her."

Luke looked out in the direction the captain was pointing, narrowing his eyes as he tried to get a better look at the small woman who was now holding standing on top of a rock and speaking to the crowd.

"She looks young." he said, guessing by her size.

"Most of them are university students." the captain said and Luke turned away.

"Well, listen, about what I came for." Luke said and the captain nodded.

"I heard about the situation, You've got a month. I can't do any better." he said.

"I don't think I'll need more." Luke said. "I expect we're talking the usual."

Luke tossed an envelope onto the Captain's desk and he nodded.

"It's always a pleasure doing business with you." He replied.

"There is one more thing." Luke said.

"What do you need?" the captain said.

"I need the name of a man." Luke said. "One who's been causing some problems for some new friends of mine."

"what friends?" the captain said.

"You know Romy Reid? She's Michael Reid's girl." Luke said.

"Of course. I didn't realize you knew Michael that well." the captain said.

"Not the way I know you. They're nice people and I want to make sure no one bothers them." Luke said. The captain sighed.

"Yeah, his name Paul Harrow. He left town last year, had some problems with Romy Reid. He said, she said... didn't have enough for a restraining order and like I told her father last week, I don't have enough now." the captain said.

"I'll take care of that." Luke said.

"He's not a bad guy, Paul. It's that Romy- she a real tease I hear." The captain said and Luke frowned.

"Well, whatever the case, the lady doesn't want him around. And no worries, we won't cause problems, only fix them if they come up." Luke said.

"You know, it's funny you should mention the Reids." The captain replied.

"Why?" Luke asked and the captain signaled to the window.

"Because it's her baby sister, Maru that causes me so many headaches." he replied. Luke raised his brow and walked over to the window.

Then he saw her, standing just a few feet away from Maru and settled next to Lena, helping her hold a sign.

"Damn it, Echo." he muttered beneath his breath and stormed out.

---

"She's good. " Echo said, listening as Maru spoke. It was true, she spoke very passionately and used a calm, clear voice.

"She really is." Lena replied. "And she's always willing to take the lead on everything. You know she has another committee lined up for animal rights?"

"I know, I saw the signs." Echo said referring to the student activity boards at the student union. She glanced over her shoulder. Behind her, perched on a chair she had brought with her, was Jessica, one of Maru's oldest friends. They were such different people. Maru was an impassioned woman, always fighting for what she believed in and working hard to accomplish her goals. Jessica, on the other hand, did nothing. Like literally. After high school, Jessica just spent all her time at home- she didn't work, she didn't go to school, she didn't even have opinions about anything. Seriously, you could ask her and she would just agree with whatever anyone said, even if she contradicted herself. She also had no friends outside of Maru and Lena, and any time she was invited out, she spent the entire time quiet and being almost rude. They had nothing in common at all and now, as Maru gave a speech, she didn't even seem to be listening. Echo wondered why Maru would consider Jessica her best friend. She just didn't understand it.

"Well, hopefully you can make it down for one of those too." Lena said, bringing Echo's attention back to her.

"I'm happy to contribute," Echo said, "But this isn't really my thing. I'm really... just not feeling it. The front lines aren't for me."

"That's okay. We know that but we're super glad you came out here." Lena replied.

"Me too, I'm glad I got to see it." Echo said with a smile. "But I think I'm about ready to call it a day."

"Go ahead. Maru's too caught up to notice anyway." Lena replied. Echo glanced around, looking for the fastest route out of there and then something caught her eye.

"I'll see you guys later." Echo said, moving away from Lena and disappearing into the crowd. She moved quickly, trying not to loose sight of him.

She couldn't believe it when she'd him standing there, staring so intently. Then, he'd turned and moved back around the building. Echo made it out of the crowd and picked up her pace to a jog.

"Where...." She began to mutter to herself, wondering if she hadn't hallucinated.

"He's waiting for you." Marco said from behind her, making her jump.

"Jesus, Marco. Did you have to do that?" She asked, putting a hand on her chest and shaking her head.

"Do what?" Marco asked.

"Never mind. Where is he?" Echo asked and Marco pointed.

"Black SUV." Marco said and Echo nodded, walking in that direction.

Of course, she thought as she approached it. She stopped just outside it, feeling strange. Usually someone opened the door for her, usually- Luke was already helping her in but nothing. So she reached out, hesitating for a second before pulling the door open.

"Get in." Luke said without looking at her.

"Okay." She said, climbing up and closing the door behind her.

Echo watched Luke, noticing how his jaw was clenched.

"Something wrong?" She asked after another couple of minutes. Luke inhaled deeply and then removed his sunglasses, turning to her.

"Want to explain to me what all of that is about?" He asked, signaling in the direction of the park. Echo looked and then turned back to Luke.

"What? The protest?" She asked.

"Yeah, the protest." He repeated.

"It's a women's march... " She said, beginning to explain but he cut her off.

"I get that, but what I want to know is what you were doing out there." He said. Echo stared at him for a second.

"My sister organized the protest and asked me to go." She said.

"I thought you didn't like crowds." He said and she nodded.

"Yeah, It took me a lot of effort to be there, I was just about to sneak away when I saw you." She replied, "I'm sorry, what's the problem?"

"No problem." Luke said and Echo stared at him.

"Then what are you..." Echo began but Luke finally snapped.

"The problem, sweetheart, is that it doesn't look good on me when my girl is fucking running around causing a scene like that." Luke said. Echo opened her mouth but nothing came out.

"Don't fucking start. Do you realize how many people I do business with? If they knew that my girl was making these types of scenes... I have a fucking business to take care of, credibility to handle, deals to make." Luke said.

"I don't see how going to a protest with my sisters can hurt you." She said.

"Consider for a second what a spectacle you're making of yourself and how that reflects on me." He said angrily.

"I didn't do anything wrong. I went to a protest for a cause I believe in." Echo said. "This is completely unfair..."

"Life isn't always fair. From now on, no protests. Got it?" He said and Echo raised her brow.

"You know, I'm a lot of things. Quiet, dull, plain... but I'll be damned if I'm going to let some idiot try to tell me what to do." Echo said.

"I'm serious, Echo." He said and she let out a sound of frustration.

"Me too. You don't get to give me orders, even if I was your girl. Which I'm not." Echo said.

"Don't start that bullshit now, Echo. It won't help you win the argument." he said.

"I can't believe you! What in the world makes you think you have the right?" Echo said, turning to the door.

"We're not done with our conversation, Echo." He said, reaching for her but she snapped her arm away.

"I'm done." She said, opening the door. "Get your fucking head together before you bother contacting me again."

She slammed the door loudly, leaving Luke staring after her in shock. A few moments later, Marco climbed in.

"I take it that didn't go as well as you planned?" Marco said but Luke just slipped his sunglasses back on.

"Let's get out of here." Luke said. Marco nodded.

"I made a couple calls. Paul isn't in the city, hasn't been back in months." Marco said.

"You know, I really don't give a fuck."

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

Your Cheating Heart Από whoisaheretic

Εφηβική Φαντασία

1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
9.9M 280K 54
"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen here Princess, because I'm not going to re...
Bad Boy's Princess ✔️ Από angelaax

Εφηβική Φαντασία

136K 3.3K 42
"Well if you want to be my friend go buy me pizza and sprite!" "But what if i don't want to your friend? and I want to be someone else?" Alexa Colt...
165 47 32
*Unedited* Sometimes we have to fall to flames rather than be drowned by love. *** Dr Whitney Keller found herself with limited options, neither of...