a skaters secret

By Keiji_coffin

Hinata is secretly a famous figure skater under the coaching of Victor and Yuri (who are dating). he still pl... More

Authors note
part 1- practice
Part 2-Shohei?
Part 3-team skating
Part 4-
Part 5-Relapse?
Part 6-stress
Part 7-Saturday
Part 8-the showcase
Part 9-truth Or Dare
Part 10-sneaking out
Part 11-rude
Part 12-idrk?
Part 13-date & shock
Part 14-69 cents
Part 15-im on my way
Part 16-Competition
Part 17-the Kiss
Part 18-natsu?
Part 20- (19 2/2)
Part 21-party
Part 22-going home
Q&A (im so sorry)

Part 19- 1/2

5.1K 148 236
By Keiji_coffin

Hinata PoV

The morning after the sleepover I called Tooru to tell him about Natsu, and imformed my family.

'Ohana means family'

Shoyo: guys! Natsu woke up!!!

Victor: really?? That's amazing!

Shoyo: yeah the hospital called me and told me she was awake! They let me speak to her too so I put her in speaker and let her talk to the team. She seemed pretty excited about her birthday which I still have yet to buy for 😥

Yuri: it's great that she's alright! Any injuries?

Shoyo: broken arm and slight concussion but they said she'll be allowed out in 2 or 3 weeks

Yurio: does this mean you can stop stressing so much and get straight back on the ice when you get back?

I ain't gunna let you slack off

Victor: now now Yurio calm down there aren't any competitions for a while

Yuri: speaking of,

Nana: YESSSSS

Yuri: ok slow down Haha (apparently that's how Japanese refer to their own mothers)

But as I was saying,, I've decided to compete again

Victor: AHH THATS AMAZING! you make me wanna compete again

Yurio: why don't you old man? I bet they'd be willing to accept your entrance in a heart beat

Victor: idk I haven't competed in ages, plus what about Shoyo?

And I don't want to have to compete against my fiancé

Shoyo: no no! Don't hinder your careers because of me! It's highly unlikely I'll even win so it'd be fine

Plus you guys have less time to compete than I do, I'm still only a teenager

Nana: Shoyo, if you hadn't hurt yourself you could've even beaten Yurio! So stop putting yourself down

Sheesh you're almost exactly like Yuri

Shoyo: what's that supposed to mean?

Yuri: I'll tell you another day, there's a story that goes along with it and I'd rather not do that over text k?

Shoyo: yeah sure

Victor: Yuri, have you ever thought about pair skating?

Yuri: not really

Is that something you'd want to do?

Victor: well that way we could both compete but we'd do it together so we don't fight over the gold y'know

Yurio: just do it, I'm doing it

Shoyo: you are?

Victor: let me guess!

You and Otabek are entering the pair skating together?!

Shoyo: oo you like Otabek?

Yurio: I never said I liked him! We're just skating together

Nana: and you're both gay and totally in love so yeah

Yuri: do you think we'd have time to sign up?

Plus what about coaching Shoyo?

Victor: there's still time my love

Plus we could practice while Shoyo is at volleyball since he does that for like 2 hours after school and then pick him up and take him to the rink?

Yuri: yeah we could do that

Shoyo: sorry to interject but I have to head to practice and it's Toorus birthday so I'm gunna go jump on him and scream when I reach the gym

Nana: do the teams know about you guys? Who's playing who today?

Shoyo: we're doing mixed practice, so all 4 teams are in the same huge gym

Oh and no, only his team know because of when I stayed over after our date

Yuri: ok well have fun at practice, and don't hurt him

Love you Lapa (sweetie pie in Russian)

Shoyo: love you too batya (dad, I'm gunna start using that from now on)

Victor: have fun Shoyo! Love you solnyshkuh (sunshine)

Shoyo: love you more papochka (papa kind of)

Nana and Yuri too! But igtg so bye, I hope you do choose to skate!

Closed chat

I shut my phone off placing it in my practice bag and ran to the communal area where my team where waiting. "There you are Hinata! We need to leave come on" Suga called when he spotted me walking closer. I ran out the door straight past the team yelling "WELL LETS GO THEN!" "OI BOKE YOURE NOT GUNNA GET THERE FIRST" Kageyama shouts from behind me obviously beginning to try and catch up to me accompanied by Noya and Tanaka.

As soon as we arrived at the gym I threw my bag to the bench and sprinted towards Oikawa with his back turned. Hajime saw me and smirked watching me with a knowing look. Placing my weight on my good ankle I began to run jumping onto Toorus back causing him to yelp and fall backwards onto his ass. "Ow, what the heck" "happy birthday Oikawa!" He realised it was me and noted the use of his last name beginning to play along. "Did Iwa-chan tell you that? I told him not to!" "ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY?!" Makki and Mattsun screamed in unison from in front of the whole scene.

"How does your own team not even know your birthday? Do you still hate it that much?" This time it was Kageyama who spoke. "It's not a big deal" the third year huffed As I let go of him standing up and dusting myself off. "I don't hate it, it's just not a big deal" "hey an eighteenth birthday is pretty big! You can drink now" "who says I didn't drink before?" the tension in the gym broke off and soon enough we were laughing and conversing awaiting our coaches.

"Sorry I couldn't get you anything on such short notice but I think I'm good enough of a present" I whispered into Toorus ear as we sat on the floor talking to the other teams. "It's fine, how about a kiss and a call later?" "How about I ask papochka if I can stay the night? If Hajime doesn't mind" he nodded and I smiled at the thought of cuddling and spending the night at his inn. "How's the ankle?" "Sore as fuck but I'll be fine, I took some pain killers" "you still shouldn't be here" "whatever, they'll get suspicious if I'm not, anyway if it hurts that bad I'll pretend to injure it so they believe me".

Practice went quickly the same as how it did every day and eventually it was our short break in the middle of the day leaving me to call my parents. "Shoyo?" "Papochka can I stay at Toorus inn tonight for his birthday?" "Sure! Be safe" "grossss Were just gunna watch some movies and then I'll be back to the camp for the bus tomorrow! I'll probably be going to see Natsu straight away if you wanna come" "ok have fun tonight, I'll tell Yuri so he doesn't get worried. You're such a mamas boy" "he is not my mama but ok, love you papochka byeee" after that I hung up to save me some embarrassment and headed to the bench to put my phone away. I sank to the bench closing my eyes to relax when there was a shift beside me. "So you and Oikawa Huh?" Impossibly fast, I whipped my head to the side to face the owner of the voice.

"K-Kenma? I don't know w-what you mean.." he gave me the kind of 'are you kidding me' look before turning back to his game unaffected. "I meant what I said, it'd be pretty hard not to see how you look at each other, plus you wished him happy birthday straight away. I also know you're a famous ice skater but y'know" my eyes went wide and I started fumbling over my words. He was still staring at whatever he was playing which at this point I couldn't see since my breathing became shallow and my eyesight became blurry. My hand grabbed my T-shirt as I tried to calm my breathing which wasn't working and at this point I was gasping.

I was running through every calming technique I had but my mind was going blank and I couldn't think clear enough to control anything. At this point my hearing had almost completely gone but in the distance I could hear Suga yelling my name, or what I assumed was my name. I felt Kenma put his hand on my shoulder and his voice rang through my ears but I couldn't identify any of the words as my vision slowly faded to black and my body fell forward hitting something before I touched the floor.

Suga PoV

We were all calming down from practice as we sat down in groups chatting away. Hinata was sat with oikawa and Iwaizumi as well as Kageyama, Bokuto and Akaashi talking about something I couldn't hear when suddenly Hinata made a phone call. I heard some faint Russian in there so he was probably calling victor or Yuri about something and when he was done he made his way back to his bag dropping to the bench. I didn't want to seem like I was staring but something felt off.

When Kenma sat down next to him I figured he'd be fine so I turned my attention back to Kuroo, Daichi, Asahi and Yaku who were talking about god knows what since I was paying attention. "Hey Suga you ok?" Daichi grabbed my hand placing a kiss on the back of it with made me giggle and smile "I'm fine, just got distracted" I replied giving his hand a kiss back. "Just making sure you aren't stressing yourself out".

Something still didn't feel right though I couldn't place it until I heard Kenma from the bench. "Shoyo?" I turned to look at what was going on and my heart dropped. Hinata had his hand grabbing his shirt and was visibly gasping, his eyes seemed distant and he wasn't responding. My hand unconsciously squeezed Daichi's and he looked at me worried whilst in my mind I was debating whether or not to go and see him. "Suga what's-" "Hinata".

I couldn't take my eyes off of him and when he began to sway I jumped into action. "Hinata!" I yelled as I ran towards him. When I reached the bench crouching in front of him he wasn't responding and flinched at the touch which scared the life out of me. "Hinata can you hear me?" His eyes weren't even looking in my direction when suddenly they closed and his body went limp falling forward into my arms completely lifeless and panting out of breath. "Holy shit, get me his phone!" I yelled to Kenma which grabbed everyone in the gyms attention.

Whilst holding the small boy in my arms I could hear way too many pairs of shoes running at different speeds towards us. "What happened to Hinata?" "What's up with shrimpy?" "Is Chibi-chan ok?" (Guess who that was) and many more questions started attacking my ears which I physically couldn't answer. "I don't know! He just passed out I have no idea why so stop asking me!" Kenma finally passed me Hinata's phone and of course the first thing I did was text Yuri. He's better with emotions than Victor is and I didn't feel like all the Russian yelling. "What're you doing?" "Give me a second!".

'Batya'

Me: hi it's Sugawara

Batya: I guess it's important if you're texting me in Russian and on Shoyos phone

Me: he got really distant and just passed out in my arms, he was shaking and gasping and now I don't know what to do

Batya: for a start calm down, I'm assuming he had a panic attack

How long until you finish

Me: were in the break at the moment so there's still like 2 hours left-

Yuri: well I would say have Oikawa take him to his inn but I guess you can't

Do you think you can carry him back here? You'd miss out on the rest of practice though since I'm sure you'd wanna stick around

I looked around "hey do any of you think you could carry him back to our Inn, I don't think I can"

Kuroo volunteered and I told Yuri before putting Hinata's phone back, grabbing mine, Hinata's and kuroos bags and walking out leaving behind a gym full of confused, and one very guilty feeling person who soon ran after us. When we got back to the Inn I led Kuroo to Hinata's room and let him place him under the covers before he turned to head back to their own inn. "hey, when he wakes up can you tell him to call me? I think I caused this and I wanna apologise" "sure, I'm sure he doesn't blame you so don't feel guilty but I'll let him know".

Once Kenma and Kuroo left to go back to practice and inform the coaches, I walked out the room to the communal area to see a distraught victor and Yuri seemingly comforting him. "Oh hey guys" I waved and forced a smile to my worried face. "Is he ok what happened!!?" "Vitya calm down I'm sure he's fine, Suga is trust worthy you know that" I let out a breath as I went to sit down with them at a table on the floor. "So can you explain what happened?".

"I saw him call you guys and then he went to sit on the bench alone. His friend from another school went to sit with him and when I turned to look at him he was grabbing at his shirt gasping and looking distant. When I ran over to him he couldn't hear me calling his name and then he passed out on top of me. I texted Yuri since I knew he wouldn't start yelling Russian or getting overly worked up and he said to bring him back here and now we're here".

The two men and old woman who I sat with seemed mildly concerned but almost as if this has happened before. "He probably had a panic attack, he hasn't had one in a while thought" Yuri gave Victor a side glance. "Don't look at me! I've given him his meds everyday so it shouldn't have happened" "let's just wait for him to wake up, it's probably good he got sent home we don't want him injuring that ankle" "he shouldn't have gone at all but we all know he's too stubborn" the four of us chuckled at the gingers personality before indulging in more conversation while we waited for him to wake up.

It had almost been an hour and a half when he woke up, making us more and more worried as time went on. Yurio had arrived by now after practicing at the rink and gave a confused look when he saw me sat down when he knew today's practice wasn't finished yet. "Sugawara?" "Hinata passed out I had to bring him back here" his eyes went wide and he looked almost as shocked as I was. "He's in his room right? Be right back I'm gunna go yell at him" we were about to jump up and stop him when our thoughts were broken by a quiet voice. "Who? Me?" " yes you! What the hell happened?!" To other people Yurio May have seem annoyed but we all knew it was his way of showing affection. I pat the seat next to me signalling Hinata to come and sit next to me which he did. I wrapped my arms around him and ruffled his hair while I waited for him to explain.

"Hm, I called Papochka and then went to put my phone back in my bag, I sat on the bench and then Kenma- wait Kenma! I need to talk to him!" He wriggled free of my arms and tried to run out of the door, hissing slightly when his injured ankle hit the floor. "Where do you think you're going! Your foot is still healing and you have more to explain" "but Kenma-" "no buts Shoyo, sit down".

His expression turned to a frown but he did as he was told anyway coming to sit with me again. "How about I invite some of Nekoma over later? I need to thank Kuroo for carrying you here anyway" "you can invite your friends over! I'll cook dinner for everyone before they head back" "see Katsuki-san said it's fine, so now tell us what happened".

He was fidgeting with his hands and shifting in place so I pulled him into another hug in hopes of calming him down. "It's nothing important, don't worry" "Yerunda! (Bullshit) if it made you pass out from a panic attack it's important!" "And I don't wanna talk about it!".
Everyone was getting agitated now and I noticed a switch in language, them now speaking a language I didn't understand.

"Shoyo, you're keeping secrets from us. We saw those cuts on your leg at the competition but we thought you'd come to talk to us like you normally do, and now you won't tell us why you had a panic attack?!" "Victor calm down, this isn't the way to do it" "I don't have to tell you anything! You aren't my real parents so stop acting like it! my dads in prison and my mother is in the hospital possibly dying as we speak! I don't have to talk to you" "you're being a brat! Just tell us and we can sort this out".

"I'm embarrassed is that what you want to hear? It's stupid and I shouldn't have freaked out now can we drop it!" I had no idea what they were saying but he seemed pretty angry until Yuri spoke, "come ere" this time it was in Japanese which I understood and Hinata's face visibly softened when the skater opened his arms. He immediately collapsed into his open arms and although I didn't know what they said I knew he felt guilty about it. "S-Sorry" "don't be Nikko (sunshine In Japanese). Just calm down" Yuri rubbed his back like a mother would and soon enough his breathing was slow and controlled. "He's asleep".

"What happened?" I asked reminding them that I don't speak that language. "He got mad and told us we aren't his real parents so we should stop acting like it. He didn't mean it and he felt really bad that's why he apologised" "I think he's just stressed, with the competition, his mum, Natsu and whatever caused him to pass out. Plus he's probably going to feel guilty about missing practice, being 'rude' to Kenma and not staying with Oikawa" "he can't be alone today, Suga can you make sure someone stays with him all night?" "How about Oikawa? I'll text him first but he'll probably say yes" "perfect".
"well Everyones on their way back now so you might wanna wake him up unless you want them to see you guys like that" I pointed out.

He shook Hinatas shoulders slightly stirring him from the quick nap he had. "nikko, your friends will be here soon why don't you go cuddle with Suga?" he hummed as he rubbed his eyes still half asleep and went to stand up before tripping over his injured ankle "fuck" he hissed pushing himself to his knees with a pained expression. He noticed my worried look and reassured me he was fine as he sat next to my leaning into my embrace. All felt calm until the rest of the team arrived with Kuroo, Kenma and Lev.

///////////////////////////////////

Shoyo properly apologised to Yuri and Vic and had some banter with Yurio while we waited. We were cuddling on the floor when eventually someone came through the door. "Boke! You scared the shit out of us!" Kageyama yelled running towards him. "sorry Bakageyama! I cant control when I pass out or not" he had his hands on his hips sticking out his tongue.

I noticed Kenma fidgeting with his hands and nudged Hinata gesturing the direction he was standing which he seemed to understand. "kenma! Aaaa" he got up and yelled running towards the small second year. "I'm sorry Shoyo I freaked you out" "no I'm sorry! I passed out when you tried to speak to me that was so rude!" "I hope you can forgive me" "no you should forgive me! But maybe later we can actually talk about it?" "yeah sure".

"hey shorty you feeling better now?" "AHHH hey Lev! Yeah I'm feeling OK now no worries" "oh hey Lev"
Victor and Yuri stood up when they saw the half Russian. "hey dyadya (uncle) I thought you'd be back in miyagi right now?" "nah we stayed a bit longer to skate and stay with Yuris parents. I didn't know you played volleyball" "yeah I started this year since they thought my height would be good for it. It's really fun actually and I get to play some awesome teams!".

Everyone just stared at the three who seemed to know each other with confused looks. "Lev you know them?" Kuroo cut in to the conversation. "That's my uncle Victor and uncle Yuri, victors my mother's brother"our jaws dropped including Hinata's so he was apparently just as oblivious as us. "I- and you didn't think to mention it?" "Well if I did I'd seem like kind of a dick right? I mean who introduces themselves by saying 'oh hey I'm Lev and Im Related to a famous figure skater'?" "Yeah I guess you're right but still- that's pretty cool".

"How is your mother Lev?" "She still hates you if that's what you're asking, not even sure why she moved to Japan but oh well. She's constantly trying to turn me into a homophobe but I'm gay so it won't work" "good to know, if you ever need a place to stay we already have two practically adopted children so you could come live with us".

Hinata PoV

I was clinging to Kenma in a tight hug while Lev and Papochka seemed to be talking about aunt whatever her name is. I've never met her mainly because she's homophobic and doesn't approve of batya so I have no idea why Lev still lives there, like just come live with us?! Although that'd mean he'd have to find out about my whole secret thing but it'd be worth it honestly. Anyway everyone seemed to be interested in their own conversations so I grabbed Kenmas hand and dragged him off to my room. I heard Suga shout my name but I was a man on a mission and ignored him heading straight to the familiar door.

He seemed to not care that I was dragging him along and actually put his phone away to pay attention to me and his surroundings. I reached the unlocked door to my room and placed my hand on the handle flinging it open without a care in the world-
That is until I saw someone on my bed...

Authors note please read!
I'm so sorry there's so much dialog I just didn't know what else to say-

Would you guys care if I strayed from the plot a bit? I have some plot planned for how they find out Hinata skates but it's a bit off topic? I'm worried that if I don't focus on Hinata or skating people won't read so would you guys mind if I focused on victuuri for a bit and other topics such as abuse and ex relationships? If not I won't write it but I have some plot ideas that aren't to do with the 'Hinata secretly skates' plot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.6K 2.7K 14
This is discontinued but read it if you want :)) Hinata Shoyo seemed like your average idiotic volleyball loving kid but, there was more to him, way...
37.2K 2K 27
*Highest ranking #861 in Fanfiction* Victor had always been Yuri's idol. So when the Russian man shows up on Yuri's doorstep he's a bit surprised, to...
304K 7.9K 50
Shirayuki Mizore, an ice skater from Japan that's widely known. But after a fall she decides to take a break from her ice skating career, and for now...
61.2K 1.8K 24
Hinata dissapears from japan for 4 months. How will his team react when he returns as a monster in volleyball? what happened to him while he was gone...