๐‘ต๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ, ๐’“๐’‚๐’‡๐’† ๐’„๐’‚...

By linxlynx

โthere's nothing like doing nothing with you. โ ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘ต ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ณ๐’€ ๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฐ๐‘จ ๐‘ด๐‘จ๐’€๐‘ฉ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ฒ was sixteen yea... More

๐‘ช๐‘ฏ๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘บ + ๐‘ท๐‘ณ๐‘จ๐’€๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘บ๐‘ป
๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ - ๐‘จ ๐‘น๐‘ฐ๐‘ซ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฏ๐‘ถ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ
๐‘ป๐‘พ๐‘ถ - ๐‘จ ๐‘ฎ๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ซ๐’€ ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ
๐‘ญ๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘น - ๐‘จ ๐‘ฒ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘น
๐‘ญ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ - ๐‘จ ๐‘ฉ๐‘จ๐‘ซ ๐‘ฐ๐‘ซ๐‘ฌ๐‘จ
๐‘บ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฟ - ๐‘จ ๐‘ซ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ
๐‘บ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘ต - ๐‘จ ๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘น๐’€ ๐‘ต๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ๐‘ป
๐‘ฌ๐‘ฐ๐‘ฎ๐‘ฏ๐‘ป - ๐‘จ ๐‘ฉ๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘ป๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ถ๐‘ญ ๐‘พ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ
๐‘ต๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ - ๐‘จ ๐‘บ๐‘ฏ๐‘ถ๐‘ท๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ญ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘น
๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ต - ๐‘จ ๐‘ฒ๐‘ถ๐‘ถ๐‘ฒ ๐‘ท๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘ป๐’€
๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘ต - ๐‘จ ๐‘ช๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ ๐‘ญ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ด ๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ญ๐‘ฌ
๐‘ป๐‘พ๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ - ๐‘จ๐‘ต ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ๐‘น๐’€ ๐‘ฉ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘น

๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ - ๐‘จ ๐‘ด๐‘ถ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ

19.6K 348 350
By linxlynx

𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝑳𝑰𝑳𝒀 𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑰𝑨 𝑴𝑨𝒀𝑩𝑨𝑵𝑲 was ten years old, she visited the towns motel for the first time. She didn't stay there, she was just playing hide and seek with her brother and John B. Lily never really liked her place, it made her feel like she was in an episode of some murder mystery-serie.
Which she was. Let's just not tell her.

Anyways, after not succeeding on trying to report the sunken boat they had just discovered, the five teens had decided to see what the key leads to. This meaning, they were going to pay a visit to the old motel. And if Lily thought it was spooky back when she was here as a kid, then it was a whole haunted house now. Broken windows, fallen trees, you name it.

"I thought The Château was bad." JJ whistled as they came nearer the dock. Lily's lips curled in a look of disgust at the appearance of the motel.

"This place is a shitshow." John B mumbled with wide eyes.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara joked, which no one else than Lily laught at.

"You'll be the judge." Pope answered in disbelief.

"Doesn't look like the type of place somebody with a Grady-White would stay." The brown haired, Rutledge boy stated.

"No, it looks like a place somebody with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope deadpanned, making Lily chuckle at his seriousness.

"Personally, I think it looks like a place where this Grady-White person would get prostituted." She spoke, earning a chuckle from Kiara.

"Alright here we go." JJ said before jumping off the boat, onto the shore "This is your captain. HMS pouge in for landing." He continued, faking a radio.

The older Maybank twin jumped in front of the boat, helping it park, attaching the rope to the ground.

"We good?" John B asked.

"Yeah, we good."

"Alright, here goes nothing." John B said as he hopped off the boat as well.

"Hey. Don't let him do anything stupid." Pope said to John B, pointing at JJ, making Lily chuckle.

"I'm not making any promises"

As Kiara said something to John B, Lily took the chance to hop off the boat, which was very difficult to do with her injury. She then stumbled after her brother, who quickly stopped her.

"Hey, go back to the boat." JJ said to his little sister, grabbing her shoulders.

"Wha-Why? Lily questioned, confused. The girl has always enjoyed a bit of adventure, and she was not happy with missing this chance.

"You think you'll be able to run from whoever's in that room with this?" He answered, pointing down on her foot. Lily knew he were right, but giving in on an argument was a big no-no for her, even though she was wrong.

"Yeah" She spoke, a weak smile on her lips as she tried to get by him but got stopped again.

"You can barely walk. Stay in the boat, Lily. I'm older so I know what's best." JJ told her sternly.

"Fucking sixteen minutes don't mean shit! and I can walk." Lily argued, trying to walk as normal as possible, but winced everytime her foot touched the ground.

"Just do as I say, Lily. We don't know what's in that room, I just want you safe." Her brother explained, clearly annoyed by his stubborn sister. "God, you're  really getting on my nerves today." He mumbled. Lily sighted and showed him her both middle fingers in the air before walking off towards the boat again. She sat down, watching the two dumbest persons she knew, walk towards the motel.

———————————————————————

While Kiara and Pope talked about pet sleeves and the environment, Lily found herself zoning off. Daydreaming had become a daily habit for her. Imagining a life where she has a dad who care for his children, love his children. Maybe even a life were she had a mom.

When Lily was younger, she would fantazise about her mom. Where she lived, what she looked like, what she worked with. She had left when the twins were only five. Ten year old Lily Maybank was absolutely sure that her mom lived in New York with a new husband and two younger kids, owning a café. She was sure that her mom had long, blond hair, kind eyes, and a smile that made everyone else in the room smile too. Young Lily knew that her mom would be one of those person whose hugs cure any illness and whose laugh make you forget about every problem you might have. And she was sure that she would come back one day. Come back and take Lily and JJ with her back to New York. They would live there in New York as a family, going to some nice school and go on holidays to the Outer Banks together, visiting the Pogues. Lily and her mom would be best friends, and her mom would tell her all about the tourists and celebrities who visited her cafe. She would love her more than anything, to make up for the time she had been gone.

But guess what, she never came. Every day, Lily listened carefully for a knock on the door. And sometimes, there was a knock on the door. Young Lily ran towards it, filled with hope, only to meet different middle aged men. They always smelled bad, and had a scary look in their eye. One of them even touched Lily, before JJ had the chance to save her. Soon, she learned who they were. Drugdealers, Drugusers, or alcoholics. And shortly after that, her dad turned into one. With the years, Lily Maybanks hope faded away and turned into anger, just like JJ. Angry at her mother. Angry at her for leaving them.

"Hey, hey, cops." Pope suddenly said, waking Lily up from her thoughts. She looked in the same direction he does, noticing the police-car and two cops by the motel parking lot.

"Shit, shit, shit." Lily mumbled, panicking,

"Call them." Pope demanded to Kiara, "I can't, towers are down."

"If I looses my merit scholarship, I'm going to kill someone." Pope stated anxiously.

"Maybe they're not going up there. Maybe they're looking for a room?" Pope sugested, trying to ease his nerves.

"Yeah, if I was a cop I would def go with my cop-friend to a trashed, haunted motel to stay." Lily mumbled with sarcasm.

"They're going up!" Kiara said to her friends as they all ran towards the motel, trying to figure out a way to warn the boys.

"Okay do something!" The brow haired girl said to Pope, who picked up a rock from the ground.

"Stay back." Pope tell the two girls before throwing the rock, completely missing the window. Lily couldn't hold her laugh in which resulted in earning a deathly glare from Pope and Kiara.

"Did you ever play baseball?" Kiara asked.

"No, I was on the math team." Pope answered, making Lily laugh once again.

"Pope my little mathlete." Lily said, placing her hand on her heart.

"Not the time, Lily."

After a few more tries at hitting the window, Kiara finally makes it. John B opens the blinds and looks down at them, confusingly. The teens on the ground mouth 'Cops' and point to the left.

"Should we peel?" Kiara asked nervously once they've made it back to the boat.

"You never leave a pouge behind." Pope stated.

JJ and John B had now climbed out of the window and stood on one side of the window each. The little platform they were standing on was extremely tiny, meaning, they could fall down any second. All of a sudden, an object fell out of JJs pocket. Lily's heart beat so fast in her chest, she was sure you could hear it if you would listen closely. Luckily, the cops soon left and The Pogues could let out the breath they didn't know that they were holding.

———————————————————————

"Well that was fun. But you could have warned us a little sooner" JJ said as the five drove away from the motel.

"We could have, except Pope was on the math team" Kiara told him jokingly.

"You were on the math team?" JJ asked, fascinated. Lily couldn't help but to feel so happy for Pope. She knew he would be the one out of the five who actually had a future. He would go to some fancy college, find a nerdy girlfriend and start a family somewhere else, working a good-paying job. Kiara might would to, I mean, she's already rich and has a burning passion for the environment. But for the rest of them, mostly JJ and Lily, a bright future wasn't really something they even wished for.

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene. Did you guys find anything?" Pope questioned, ignoring JJs question.

"Did we find anything?" JJ smirked as he pulled out a stack of money and a gun out of his pocket. "No i don't think so!" He added, jokingly.

"What the-" Pope started, but stopped when he saw the other Maybank twin take the gun out of her brothers hands and inspecting it. "Why would you take that from a crime scene?"

"Better than the cops having it!" JJ answered.

"Absolutely right sir. hashtag black lives matter hashtag acab hashtag protect children not guns" Lily rambled, earning a high five from Kiara, agreeing with her statements.

"Your brother right here is a child- protecting a gun."

"This shit's cool... I think i'll take care of this, i'm more responsible. No offense but offense." Lily mumbled, interrupting John B while looking at the gun in her hands with wide eyes.

"More responsible? You're the absolutely least responsible here." JJ scoffed, grabbing the gun out of his sisters hands who instantly pouted.

"Dude-"

"I'm gonna loose my merit scholarship!" Pope exclaimed.

"Hey, sh, shh, shh. At least you have us, right?" JJ said as he wrapped his arms around the boy, trying to calm him down.

"I'm living the nightmare." Pope muttered as he sat back down.

———————————————————————

"Who's that?" John B asked Sophie, watching paramedics wheeling away a body. Sophie went to the same school as the pogues and she had talked to Lily several times during her biology class.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." Sophie said, before showing them an extremely intimidating picture on her phone "Check out this photo I got. Dead body."

(deD bodAy)

"What kinda boat did he have?" JJ asked, jumping down from his place on some kind of box they sat on.

"Somehow that dirtbag dripped a brand new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it." Sophie answered, unknowingly, making the rest of the group instantly tense up. They had found a dead mans boat.

The Pogues was on their way back to the boat when Lily saw the clock on Popes arm, remembering her shift on The Wreck.

"Hey, gotta go. I have work." She called out to her brother.

"Now?" He asked and she nodded. "Okay see you later. Should I pick you up after?"

"Nah, it's fine i'll walk." Lily spoke while walking backwards, slowly. Lily actually really enjoyed walking, it was her favorite way to clear her mind, especially when it's raining. Although now that her foot's messed up, it might wouldn't be so enjoyable.

"Fine, be careful!" JJ yelled and Lily turned around and walked towards the restaurant.

——————————————————————————

Lily had worked for two hours when JJ called and told her that they were throwing a kegger down at the boneyard the same night. 'To lay low', he said. Don't get me wrong, Lily loves parties in any kind of shape, she just didn't understand how the group's found in the march could lead to a kegger. Lily snapped out of her thoughts as a customer came up to the disk.

"Hi, what can I get for you...Rafe? Why do you always come here?" Lily said as she looked up at the young man in front of her. His hair looked a little messier than normal, probably because of the windy weather that day. He was clothed in a simple white, button-up in line and a pair of beige, chinos. He stood casually with his hands in his pockets and a small smile was resting on his face. Lily would never say it out loud, but the man in front of her was extremely attractive.

"Hi Lil. Fries and a burger, please. I guess I like the place." He told her in a so sweet voice, you'd never believed it was the 'asshole kook', saying it. Lily felt her heart beating faster for the second time that day. "And the waitress." He added under his breath, not thinking Lily would heat it, but she did.

"Yeah, of course. Soo, how's the kook life. Got any yatch parties you have to go to? Any new cars?" Lily teased as she prepared his order, watching Rafe sit down at one of the bar stools.

"Yeah you know, the usual. My dads an asshole though." He muttered, taking a sip off his drink.

"Same."

Rafe instantly felt bad but knew she didn't want to be pitied. "I know. Why are you walking so badly?"

"Fell." Lily answered shortly.

"I think I need to be around more cause you always seem to get hurt. Shouldn't you like... put a bandage on or something? You don't want to mess it up for the rest of your life, right?"

"No, no don't worry. It's just a little scratch."

"It doesn't look like a little scratch."

"Rafe, it's fine. It doesn't even hurt." Lily lied, smiling at the kook while she gave him his food.

"Then let me see." He asked, making the girl quickly shake her head as an answer. She did not know how bad it was and did not want to see it. Rafe took a couple fries and shoved them into his mouth, looking at the girl like she was a mystery to solve.

"Common, Lil. Maybe I can help." The boy begged, raising his eyebrows at Lily, who felt butterflies by the use of that nickname. Her friends would call her 'Lils' and Lily of course, but never just 'Lil'.

"I don't think there's anything to do. It's, as I said, just a scratch." She said as she sighed.

"Well then show me."

Lily stumbled around the counter and quickly flashed her ankle. "Wait," Rafe mumbled as he got down from the counter and sat down on his knees in front of her, carefully taking off the girl's white shoe to reveal the injury. He studied the foot carefully with furrowed brows. The normally tan-colored skin was now shifting in purple, blue and even a little bit of yellow. It looked awful.

"Will you purpose to me now?" Lily chuckled, making the boy below her laugh too.

"Seriously though, this is no good, Lil. I don't think it's broken but there could be a fracture. We should really go to the doctor." Rafe said seriously while standing up and looking into the small girls eyes.

"No oh my god it's fine Rafe! I'm fine!" She started, not wanting to cause a scene. "Besides, do you really think I can afford a hospital bill?"

"Why do you keep saying that you're fine when I can see, with my two eyes, that you're not? And I'll pay. Come on we'll go right now." Rafe told her.

"No seriously, I don't have time and I really cannot make you pay for my hospital bill." Lily protested.

"Then let's go to mine so I can patch you up." He said, drinking up his soda.

"I have this...thing tonight and i'm walking there so I really don't have time." Lily answered, twisting her hair around her finger.

"I'll drive you if I get to take you home and fix that." The kook told her, pointing at the ankle.

"Fine." The girl said while cleaning up.

"So, pretty girl, what is the 'thing' you're doing tonight?" Rafe smirked as Lily put her shoe back on her foot, wincing a little.

"I'm going to a kegger, actually." Lily responded, blushing a little.

"Well, why don't we go together?"

╚»★«╝ AUTHURS NOTE ╚»★«╝

Hi guys!

word count: 2748

This chapter is kinda crappy but yeah, next one will be better I think. Hope ur having a good day,,

/linzie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 10.7K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
856K 19.5K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
993K 61.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
122K 4.4K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...