𝑺𝑰𝑿 - 𝑨 𝑫𝑰𝑽𝑬

𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝑳𝑰𝑳𝒀 𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑰𝑨 𝑴𝑨𝒀𝑩𝑨𝑵𝑲 was twelve years old, she scuba dived for the first en last time. As I told you, she and Sarah Cameron went to the same middle school. Honestly, Lily missed middle school a lot, that was before money really mattered and before the kids was forced to split- Pogues into the public school and kooks into the "kook academy". However, Sarah had invited Lily to her scuba diving lesson as she didn't want to go alone. Lily didn't remember much from it except that she felt like she was going to drown and that she saw some pretty fish.

John B had luckily not been caught by his boss when he went to get the scuba gear and the five teens sat now in the 'HMS Pogues', just above the sunken boat they found recently.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kiara scolded John B as she inspected the gear. John B opened his mouth to say something but didn't come up any good explanation.

"Good job, Johnny" The blonde girl sang while shaking her head, knowing he hated the nickname.

"Okay this ones a quarter full, it's enough for one of us." Kiara told the rest of the group.

"I love it when a plan comes together." Pope commented sarcastically.

"Anybody know how to dive?" Kiara asked and everybody shook their heads except Lily, who raised her hand.

"I do. I've done it before." She exclaimed, excitedly. The rest of the group looked at her skeptically with furrowed brows and then back at Kiara again.

"When?" Her brother asked.

"Middle school."

"Anyone else..?" Kiara asked once again carefully. Lily gasped and placed her hand on her heart in a gesture of hurt.

"I read about it."

"Great, Pope read about it and Lily did it in middle school, someone's gonna die." Kiara said sarcastically.

"oh my god," Lily muttered before walking over to the gear, "y'all are just overdramatic and have a negative attitude. It's easy, just put this thing on and dive down." She continued as she struggled to put it on.

"Well, if you come up to fast, nitrogen gets in your blood and you get the bends." Pope explained.

"Bends like bend over?" The Maybank girl joked, arching her back.

"The bends kill you." Pope spoke, earning concerned looks from Kiara, JJ and John B.

"Oh. I will watch out then and not do whatever you said." Lily said as she chuckled.

"Lily, sit down, you are not diving." Her brother told her sternly from the other side of the boat,

"What? yes i am." She answered.

"I'm serious. Sit your ass down, someone else can dive, you're clearly not responsible enough for this." JJ said, breaking out of his usual, reckless, character. It was like whenever it was about his sister's safety, the older Maybank changed from the careless, impulsive teen, to the older brother role. Cliché, I know.

"Why?" Lily protested, refusing to take off the gear.

"You have no experience with this except that one time in like 6th grade so you'll probably die, and even though you're an annoying pain in the ass, i don't wanna be an only child." JJ explained, grinning towards his little sister. She aggressively took of the gear, sat down beside Kiara while crossing her arms over her chest and raising her eyebrows.

"I'd love to be an only child right now so go ahead and do it yourself." She said while showing her brother a sarcastic smile.

"I agree with JJ, Lily should definitely not dive.... I can do it." John B spoke, the last couple of words more of a question than a statement.